Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!

MH4Ultimate releases this Friday, February 13th!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk

Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
What's hunting you?

Share | 

MH for PS4?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sephastus
Diablos

Thank you Points : 29

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: MH for PS4?   Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:48 pm

Personally, I would love it if MH went back to Sony... specially for the new PS4. Not that I have anything against the WiiU... but my first love of the MH series was through Sony, and I was/am very sad to see it go exclusively for Nintendo.
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang

Thank you Points : 18

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: MH for PS4?   Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:53 pm

I don't unless they start acting like nintendo in how they localize their games. The last game we got back in 2009 we skipped mhp3rd entirely. If they still go about it in that way my support will be fore an nintendo exclusive MH.
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Diablos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH for PS4?   Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:57 pm

I agree on what you said Yuki, but this was mainly because of how difficult programing for the PS3 was... a decent game would take years to fully program for the hardware they had. They have supposedly really fixed this tremendously for the PS4, up to the point to it being very indie friendly. What exactly this means has yet to be seen, but I would fully support a Sony backed MH game... That is, of course, provided there is no detriment to the overall quality of the game in trying to develop it to work accross different platforms... if that is the case, then forget the PS4 and just focus on what could get us the most bang for our collective buck.
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH for PS4?   Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:04 pm

I can understand that. I just do not understand why the psp version was not released. I would support any console MH comes out as long as it is released world wide.
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: MH for PS4?   Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:31 pm

They like putting games out on new consoles, I wouldn't be surprised if it came out on PS4 or Xbox One.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
Sephastus
Diablos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH for PS4?   Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:18 pm

@PAiN--- wrote:
They like putting games out on new consoles, I wouldn't be surprised if it came out on PS4 or Xbox One.

Not touching One... Online verification once daily, plus Microsoft getting a cut of every single resale... making it virtually impossible to "give" your friend your copy of a game without it costing one or both of you some money.... nope... not hapening.

Right now, if I wanted to lend my friend my copy of MH3U, I could do so and he would have his own file on his system to play. With Microsoft's method, I would have my file and everything related to it deleted of my system just so he could have the game's copy on his system for him to play.

Microsoft's obvious money grab is going to be their console's downfall imo.
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH for PS4?   Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:42 pm

Lol yup, which is why I probably wouldn't get it if it went on Xbox One. PS4 I would gladly get it not to mention the release of other amazing games coming out for it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
DemonPants
Aptonoth

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

PostSubject: Re: MH for PS4?   Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:27 pm

You know, I thought I wanted a MH for a console again. But after some thought, I think I would like to MH to stay on handheld systems. As much as I would like to see all the action on a nice big screen, it would be a lot harder to play with people I know. For example, I play a lot with my Fiancee, she loves the game too. If it were on a system though, I would need two of those systems and two TVs. I'm pretty much broke and the idea of a new system is too much, much less another TV. I want MH to stay portable.
Back to top Go down
Jojozityjo
Fatalis

Thank you Points : 155

3DS friends code: 3754-8725-9197
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

PostSubject: Re: MH for PS4?   Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:36 pm

I dont like the idea of MH staying portable, i dont mind MH having portable versions, but for it to be portable exclusive, no. There is a lot of people out here who dont have nearby people to play mh with, and some who dont have friends who can keep their interest in it as long as they do. Having it on a console as well lets people enjoy the game with anyone really, even friends who live states away, or make new friends who are states away, or just have the fun of playing with randoms and seeing their epic wins or epic fails lol

As for console, i dont really care which console as long as they stick with the same console for more than one game. Ps4 of WiiU, i dont care, either way i still have to get a new console to play the game atm. Though from what i hear of Xbox One, it sucks, no game should ever be released on a money grabbing console like that /-_-/
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH for PS4?   Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:43 pm

Jojo if MH is like MH4 from now on I have no issues with it being portable cheaper and has internet connectivity shame it's on a small screen but at least you can play anywhere and online if you want.
Back to top Go down
Jojozityjo
Fatalis

PostSubject: Re: MH for PS4?   Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:30 am

Easily online compatible is what i like, none of this needing to hack your psp and download this and that in this order here then there then linking and synching up then running with this plugged in, then run it backwards with this other thing plugged in and then testing it against your wonky screwed up connection anyway, just to get online a play with others a few times x.x

i liked the simplicity a console had, just show it to your router and then bam, you're online, simple as that lol /yes/
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH for PS4?   Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:27 pm

Jojo it's supposed to be online without the need of all the work the psp needed it's natively online.
Back to top Go down
Jojozityjo
Fatalis

PostSubject: Re: MH for PS4?   Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:30 am

um, that's kinda what i just said and was refering to, i dont like psp mh cause gettign online with it is just horrible XD
if a handheld can just, plug and play, into the internet, then im all good with that lol
Back to top Go down
laoshanicrus
Najarala

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): the pickle jar

PostSubject: Re: MH for PS4?   Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:17 am

@Jojozityjo wrote:

if a handheld can just, plug and play, into the internet, then im all good with that lol
Back to top Go down
DemonPants
Aptonoth

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH for PS4?   Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:03 am

Well, that's why PS3 has ad-hoc party. It let you go online without any trouble whatsoever besides needing a wired connection. Which when you really think about it, isn't too hard to do. If I ever get a PS3 again, I'm definitely running a wire to my PS3 to use that.
Back to top Go down
AzureGreen
Aptonoth

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: MH for PS4?   Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:09 pm

@Yuki wrote:
I don't unless they start acting like nintendo in how they localize their games. The last game we got back in 2009 we skipped mhp3rd entirely. If they still go about it in that way my support will be fore an nintendo exclusive MH.
MHP3rd wasn't that great. 

I've played it and made it a fair way into High Rank online, and it's just a bit of a let down. Sorry.

As for Monster Hunter on the PS4... There would be no way for me to play with my fiance unless you could trade characters between the Vita and the PS4. I don't see this as likely, though, since MH4 has already been announced for 3DS. If anything, it'll get a port to the Wii U for online gameplay. (Though, you can play online using the 3DS itself, so there's really no point to release it on Wii U except maybe prettier graphics.)

I'm more than okay with my Monster Hunter games being portable only. I think I'd actually be a little disappointed to have them be on consoles. 

I tried playing Tri with other players online, and the gameplay was so slow, and the people online were incompetent. I hated it. 

From my experience, it really is much more enjoyable to play with people locally.
Back to top Go down
pumpkinslayer
Cephalos

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): UK

PostSubject: Re: MH for PS4?   Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:08 am

Everyone seems to forget that Capcom, when making MH games, needs to focus on their main audience, which is in Japan, and what does Japan love? Handhelds, and MH, so naturally they mix the 2 together to get easy money. Now who makes the best handelds? Sony? Nope, Nintendo.
Back to top Go down
Hawkfriend
Jaggi

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH for PS4?   Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:18 am

@pumpkinslayer wrote:
Everyone seems to forget that Capcom, when making MH games, needs to focus on their main audience, which is in Japan, and what does Japan love? Handhelds, and MH, so naturally they mix the 2 together to get easy money. Now who makes the best handelds? Sony? Nope, Nintendo.

Wise words.
Back to top Go down
pumpkinslayer
Cephalos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH for PS4?   Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:03 pm

@Hawkfriend wrote:
@pumpkinslayer wrote:

Wise words.

Thank you ^^
Back to top Go down
DemonPants
Aptonoth

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH for PS4?   Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:31 pm

@pumpkinslayer wrote:

I don't necessarily agree with Nintendo making the best handhelds. They do have the most quality games, I've had more fun in general with my Nintendo handhelds. But in terms of design I think the PSP was better. I've gone through 4 DS Lites solely due to the screen support breaking and my L and R buttons always breaking as well. Also the DS was very bad with 3D style games.

My PSP however stood up to a lot of torture, I only had two PSPs. That was because I willingly got a new one because it was an amazing dark green color. That and I wanted a screen that wasn't filled with dust.

To bring this back to the topic though, I have always felt Monster Hunter worked better on PSP. Don't get me wrong, I love that MH3U is on the 3DS and I'm having great fun with it. But the PSP just worked better, once you developed the claw.
Back to top Go down
Jinathin_x_X
Popo

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Canada

PostSubject: Re: MH for PS4?   Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:35 am

3DS hardware limitation is what kinda annoys me sometimes tho. Okay I guess graphic is okay for 3U. But still I can't help myself but look at my vita and how much better the game could play out with ps vita. That's why sometimes I have to put down my 3DS and play FU on my vita. But too sad capcom would never do it because they don't think it would make any money. Tbh, if they made monster hunter exclusive one to the vita with boosted up graphics and better online play, lots of people will realize how much vita is better at handling mh. Not to mention mhp3rd was actually capcom's fasted selling mh game and most sold to the date. I still remember how crazy the price it was for that special psp edition was
Back to top Go down
hustyv01
Aptonoth

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH for PS4?   Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:46 pm

I hope they start making MH games for all consoles. But if they did make a MH game for the PS4, I think it'll hugely boost its sales. Plus, I don't think anyone would mind better graphics, seeing all the monsters, armors and weps, and environment in great detail.

I have nothing against the Wii U, BTW. I think it's cool and the gamepad features are wonderful.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/hustyv31
pumpkinslayer
Cephalos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH for PS4?   Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:43 am

@hustyv01 wrote:
I hope they start making MH games for all consoles. But if they did make a MH game for the PS4, I think it'll hugely boost its sales. Plus, I don't think anyone would mind better graphics, seeing all the monsters, armors and weps, and environment in great detail.

I have nothing against the Wii U, BTW. I think it's cool and the gamepad features are wonderful.
The reason they didn't develop MH3 for the PS3 is that the PS3 was too powerful, and so to make the game with PS3 level graphics would cost to much, I wouldn't be suprised if the same would be with future MH games.
Back to top Go down
Vortiene
Lao-Shan Lung

Thank you Points : 281

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Canada

PostSubject: Re: MH for PS4?   Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:13 am

No they wouldnt the only reason gaphics in mh are still questionably bad is because the japanese buy Mh games no matter how the graphics look and that's enough for capcom to spam new mh iterations. One of the reasons it doesnt sell as much here is because many gamers cant look past outdated graphics in the western world.
Back to top Go down
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Vortiene
hustyv01
Aptonoth

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH for PS4?   Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:54 am

@pumpkinslayer wrote:
@hustyv01 wrote:

The reason they didn't develop MH3 for the PS3 is that the PS3 was too powerful, and so to make the game with PS3 level graphics would cost to much, I wouldn't be suprised if the same would be with future MH games.
When the PS3 was new, it was hard for developers to make games for it. It was too complicated for them at that time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/hustyv31
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MH for PS4?   Today at 12:36 pm

Back to top Go down

MH for PS4?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monster Hunter Wiki Forum :: Start Here: Welcome to the MHWikiForum :: Monster Hunter General talk-
Jump to: