Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Stygian Zinogre Help! Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Stygian Zinogre Help! Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Stygian Zinogre Help!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Roihu
Kelbi
Roihu

Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

Stygian Zinogre Help! Empty
PostSubject: Stygian Zinogre Help!   Stygian Zinogre Help! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 9:14 pm

Soooo I just solo'ed my first S. Zinogre and it took 40 minutes. Anyone got some tips and trick for me to cut my time down? I am looking to get both the armor and S. Zinogre greatsword, don't feel like spending a billion hours farming.
Back to top Go down
Yamatsu
Admin
Yamatsu

Thank you Points : 96

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

PostSubject: Re: Stygian Zinogre Help!   Stygian Zinogre Help! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 9:40 pm

What weapon were you using? I found brachydios duals (maxxed) with evasion +1/2 absolutely tears him apart. With duals you have tons of mobility and evasion lets you dodge just about every attack he throws at you without breaking a sweat.

If meleeing, don't get too greedy attacking when he's charging up. The lightning bolts that strike around him will probably get you. Try attacking the tail when they start to drop. If using a ranged weapon, you can go all-out on him while he's charging.

S. Zin's dragon balls can hit him; try using him as a shield against them if dodging isn't feasible.

If enough damage is dealt while in rage mode (fully charged), he will break out of it and go back to his uncharged, normal state (applies to thunder zinogre also).

TBH Stygian Zin is one of my favourite monsters in Tri U (and not because he looks cool). Really fun fight IMO, it's just a matter of finding a strategy that works for you.
Back to top Go down
Roihu
Kelbi
Roihu

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd

PostSubject: Re: Stygian Zinogre Help!   Stygian Zinogre Help! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 10:00 am

In have access to a couple of greatswords, I have Berserker Sword, Oppressor's Forger, Remalgagorgon, and Simoom Sandbarb. Currently Using Nibelsnarf X armor gemmed for  Punish Draw, Speed Eating +2, Speed Sheathe, and Focus. My porblem with him is that he chains so fast, and dodging them is pretty tough. Not to mention dragon blight just effs my day up when  I get hit by any of his attacks. I really want his armor set, but at 40 minutes per kill I will go insane.
Back to top Go down
Red Zinogre
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: Stygian Zinogre Help!   Stygian Zinogre Help! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 11:08 pm

i do the double Zin quest less health each and less time! i use Virmar Breaker hammer (Green Narga Hammer) Azure Rath Armor z and gemmed for Attack skills hg earplugs Crit eye +3 and Attack up M and Minds Eye. Can solo in 40min but the double i can do in 25!! patience and learning his move set is key with him.
Back to top Go down
MetaMarx
Rajang
MetaMarx

Thank you Points : 16

3DS friends code: 4382-2261-9491
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Stygian Zinogre Help!   Stygian Zinogre Help! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 11:39 pm

Check the date holy shit
Back to top Go down
Will
Rathalos
Will

Thank you Points : 45

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 'Murica

PostSubject: Re: Stygian Zinogre Help!   Stygian Zinogre Help! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 2:23 am

MetaMarx wrote:
Check your punctuation holy shit!*
Fixed that for you big boy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stygian Zinogre Help!   Stygian Zinogre Help! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stygian Zinogre Help!
Page 1 of 1