Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
feeling.... demotivated  Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
feeling.... demotivated  Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

feeling.... demotivated

Go down 
+6
Sephastus
dcj91x
PAiN---
MasterOnion
Hawkfriend
Edsain
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Edsain
Melynx
Edsain

Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

feeling.... demotivated  Empty
PostSubject: feeling.... demotivated    feeling.... demotivated  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 7:22 pm

hunting is real fun for me but lately, ive been feeling tired of hunting. i havent touched the game in two months, which is leaving my friends pissed cuz they expect me to be their mentor, although they already are way above me in the village and online progress. the main reason of my status is the missions i am facing, which i really hate, which are: HR diablos(just dont get me started),lagiacrus(plain boring) and dual duramboros(dual boring) in the village and3star quests online(dullllllll). the only thing that actually gives me a rush is brachydios and i hate his combo kill with 'rage mode seeking missile poncho jomps' and barioth, which is now ridiculously easy. please give me a reason to keep me interested in the game or it will probably happen like in tri (i stopped for a whole year because rathian was pissing me off when i was a newbie and when i got back, no one was online). ty in advance and good bye...
Back to top Go down
Hawkfriend
Jaggi
Hawkfriend

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: feeling.... demotivated    feeling.... demotivated  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 7:59 pm

play with no armor if its not challenging enough.
;)

or go adrenaline if you prefer that.
Back to top Go down
MasterOnion
MasterOnion

Thank you Points : 43

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: feeling.... demotivated    feeling.... demotivated  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 1:15 am

If you find the way that you are hunting boring, try hunting in a different way. Changing up weapons helps keep the monsters interesting, as does changing up your basic armor skills and strategies.
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: feeling.... demotivated    feeling.... demotivated  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 9:51 am

Agreed^

I had this problem awhile ago. Before I would only main GS and nothing else. Finding new ways to play opens up new challenges. So I started to use Bowguns and Bows. The next thing I know I'm learning to use Adrenaline and Heroics. Try finding something new, it may help.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: feeling.... demotivated    feeling.... demotivated  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 10:21 am

I rarely play MH or any game for that matter to acheive anything.. I play games because I want to and because I have fun doing so. One of the main reasons I enjoy MH so much (and why it takes me so long to ever go up in HR) is that you can really play at your own pace. If you want to spend 30 hours mining you can.. if you want to just casually hunt to same monster over and over you can and if you find yourself getting into a rut.. move on. You don't have to do things the same way or for everyone else. You can do things your way. The reason to play a game is because you have fun playing and because you find fun things to do in it.. not because you feel obligated to play or because you think you have too.. but because you want to... If you ever get to the point where it's not fun, then yea maybe you do need a break. Steep away for a bit or spend some time doing something else in the game.
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

Thank you Points : 32

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: feeling.... demotivated    feeling.... demotivated  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 12:32 pm

Other MH games I would play, I would have to take breaks, sometimes months long, at one point, almost a whole year. Do not be off-put doing this. You will find you will enjoy yourself much more when you come back to the game.

If you are not feeling up for certain hunts, then just don't.

One thing about MH though: redoing the monsters you are having a problem with makes them that much more doable, and, down the line, more fun to play.

Case in point: I had terrible problems gunning down the one horned diablos in MHFU. At first, I would just die constantly. Then, I would run out of time. Once I learned its movesets properly, I was able to finally kill him. It was a good high, but what really made things better, was that I now had a much better understanding of the blos monsters, and I honestly now had fun hunting it down. I learned of the sonic + flash combos, the "circle" ground dodging, to percieve when he was going to do the feign ground burst... all his tricks. He quickly became one of my favorite monsters to gun down, followed by Rajang. Not because they were easy to gun down... far from it. It was because they were challenges that I had successfully overcome, and was proud to show off.

So, take a break if you need to, and keep practicing the monsters you are having a tough time on. On top of this, plan for a new weapon or 2. This should rekindle your interest wherever it is waining.
Back to top Go down
Miichu
Aptonoth
Miichu

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: feeling.... demotivated    feeling.... demotivated  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 9:37 am

I took a break for a half month you are not alone but now I feel like playing again gonna nerd out :D
Back to top Go down
Firpi
Seltas Queen
Firpi

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: feeling.... demotivated    feeling.... demotivated  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 2:14 pm

Heck I took a break for a year and half!
it happens to everyone.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: feeling.... demotivated    feeling.... demotivated  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 2:52 pm

^Lies!!!!!!! Must play.. MUST ALWAYS PLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Firpi
Seltas Queen
Firpi

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: feeling.... demotivated    feeling.... demotivated  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 3:30 pm

I did come back... just cant give up the hunt.
I did find a great placebo in the form of Dragon's Dogma.
In the end, the call of the Wyverns was too strong.
Back to top Go down
Edsain
Melynx
Edsain

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: feeling.... demotivated    feeling.... demotivated  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 7:19 pm

thanks guys, i came back to the game yesterday and somehow got handled by both diablos and lagiacrus (the first is ok but the second, wtf ) but i found the zinogre to be an interesting fight, since he f'd me sideways for his last 20 minutes of life (also i got a jasper on the first try). i'll probably craft his armor since i have his ls already, though two jaspers is kinda pushy, no? also, i have pretty shitty ls' and i really dont want to farm a brachy gem for the dios katana until im with someone else so the hunts take almost 25 mins (rly fkin bad). oh, i almost forgot, to upgrade my usurper's thingy, i must get 3 black diablos curled horns, just fkin dandy...
Back to top Go down
Ataraxia
Rajang
Ataraxia

Thank you Points : 33

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: feeling.... demotivated    feeling.... demotivated  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 9:52 am

^ If you grab the Plessy duals you can shave off 10 minutes from that time for Brachydios and do it solo.
Back to top Go down
Roon
Shagaru Magala
Roon

Thank you Points : 63

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: feeling.... demotivated    feeling.... demotivated  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 10:55 am

When I have feelings of getting bored Iplay one of my PSP MH games...well mostly MH Freedom who is a port of MH G for the Wii which in turn was a port of the original MH for the PS2, with spiffied up textures. I believe the original's gameplay is like being thrown into G Rank with only Low Rank stuff. Getting past my dual Diablos urgent to become hr2 was nothing short of a triumph for me. If anyone has Freedom and Ad Hoc I'd be happy to hunt with you.
Back to top Go down
Firpi
Seltas Queen
Firpi

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: feeling.... demotivated    feeling.... demotivated  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 9:39 am

Sadly I keep ketting MH games with no way to play multi.
MHFU with no PS3 an dnow MH3U with no WiiU.

I must subconciously love solo hunting or something.

Edsain: No need to beat yourself up so bad over things. People have their moments of wth.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: feeling.... demotivated    feeling.... demotivated  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

feeling.... demotivated
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monster Hunter Wiki Forum :: Nintendo :: Wii U :: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate-
Jump to: