Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk

Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Monster Hunter XX (Double Cross) for 3DS

Share | 

Well MHOL sucks

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
haruno
Shagaru Magala

Thank you Points : 192

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Well MHOL sucks   Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:59 pm

http://www.games-news.de/go/monster_hunter_online_bewegte_bilder_aus_der_beta/1404371/monster_hunter_online_bewegte_bilder_aus_der_beta.html?url=%2F

yaaaaaaaaaaay
faster healing
a level up system
monster health bar
hitzones meaning nothing besides breaks
faster sheathing

/fail. Graphics look nice though

Last edited by haruno on Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hawkfriend
Jaggi

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Well MHOL sucks   Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:17 pm

I don't see information on the health bar, nor do I see it in the video. I also don't see info on hitzones meaning nothing. can you direct me to this information? I am a bit reluctant to dismiss this game. I don't know if you are German/speak German, but I can't. So this all may be just things I am not noticing, but a better explanation would be great if you are willing to give it. :D

((correct me if I'm wrong, but that is the same player for all the videos correct? if so, the faster sheathing and healing could be from armor skills, no?))
Back to top Go down
pumpkinslayer
Cephalos

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): UK

PostSubject: Re: Well MHOL sucks   Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:34 am

This was to be expected, after all Capcom basically just gave a random Chinese company the rights to MH. But one thing could make this brilliant, a Wii U port! It makes sense, the Wii U can probably run it, and MH pretty much belongs to Nintendo now!
Back to top Go down
Gilgames
Melynx

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Well MHOL sucks   Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:44 am

Keep in mind i had two years of german lessons in my secondary school, so I think (but cant be sure) this is what the German text says:

Monster hunter online: moving images from the BETA.

Monster hunter is a much beloved RPG with many fans, in which you hunt monsters, hence the name. The beloved game principle will be made into a MMORPG in the future

Kut-ku image

The Beta phase seems to be happening right now. Below you will find recently surfaced in-game scenes, which were uploaded by a Japanese user. By means of these videos you will get a first impression of the MMORPG.

MHOL is powered by CryEngine 3 and at the moment it's being developed by capcom. The game is F2P and is financed by all kinds of challenges and in-game items you can buy for real money.

videos

join our rss-feed to not miss out on any news
Back to top Go down
Lucas
Rathalos

Thank you Points : 60

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Well MHOL sucks   Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:01 pm

Leveling up system ..youre saying it like none of the MH games ever had that.. lol
Back to top Go down
haruno
Shagaru Magala

Thank you Points : 192

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: Well MHOL sucks   Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:18 am

@Lucas wrote:
Leveling up system ..youre saying it like none of the MH games ever had that.. lol
direct level up system affecting your stats like atk/def/hp and whatnot has not existed in any capcom created mh game
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Well MHOL sucks   Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:49 pm

hmm... let's see if any of these video's actually show any of what you are talking about HaruHaru:

I see numbers flashing up when the monster is hit.. and a completion screen that looks like this..

.... now does that mean it's going to suck because of that.. no not at all.. and until we get a proper translation we are not sure if this is a level/experiance screen or not.. But it could be.
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin

Thank you Points : 96

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

PostSubject: Re: Well MHOL sucks   Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:23 pm

Honestly Monster Hunter needs to stick to it's tried and true formula. Tinkering with the playstyle (especially when Frontier is a psuedo-MMORPG version and that is highly sucessful), is a recipe for disaster. It's like Capcom is completely out of touch with what the community wants.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Well MHOL sucks   Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:55 pm

I see it as being a completely different style of MH and different MH game.. Basically you have New super Mario Brows for those who like the side scrolling mario fans and Super Mario Galaxy for the open mario world fans.. In this instance you have MHOL for the RPG Level, hitzone give money fans, and 3U/MH4 for the traditional MH Consol fans.. We'll see which one does better in the long run. already we see that 3U is selling well world wide and MH4 is highly anticipated but I do see a need and a place for MHOL's style even if I personally don't agree or like it.. There is a lot of people out there that have been asking for that style of mh though.
Back to top Go down
Oni Zelkami
Lao-Shan Lung

Thank you Points : 151

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Well MHOL sucks   Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:16 pm

Monster Hunter: Easy Edition?
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Diablos

Thank you Points : 30

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Well MHOL sucks   Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:27 am

DCJ, those videos are amazing... graphic wise. Ignoring obvious physic flaws, like the kut-ku flying through the cave wall when switching zones, this is definitely a great looking game.

Seeing damage being done kinda takes a little bit away from the immersion, but at least people will know what attacks are effective, and it will make some stop doing weak moves, like the lance charge, or the switchaxe figure 8. Also... I like the build-up "rage" meter. Build up rage and unleash a super move over 10x more powerful than a single strike. Looks like all the weapons have something like this too.

Back on topic though, as long as there is no "online shop", to get things like "upgrade powders", "failure prevention scrolls", and the like, I am going to be fine with the game. I do not see a level system tied to your power/health/stamina in any of the information I have read through, but that doesn't mean there isn't any. If there is, then this game will indeed be "easy mode", since all you will have to do to beat a monster, is just out-level a few times and forget about skill. This, of course, does not mean that end-level bosses will not be skill dependent, since at that point they will be adjusted to a max level character's stats.

I also have yet to see if they will allow NA users to play, or if the monster AI will be handled by the local machine, or their server. If its server side, then forget it... another reason to not touch the game.
Back to top Go down
Lucas
Rathalos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Well MHOL sucks   Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:00 pm

About the Leveling system :
http://mho.qq.com/webplat/info/news_version3/5499/5500/5501/5503/m4028/201306/213027.shtml

"首次测试依然会采用《怪物猎人》系列的HR制式,我们将HR的名称改换成了等级(LEVEL),角色升级将不会对人物属性造成任何影响,只关系到关卡的解锁和装备的穿戴,而HR这一称呼将被运用到今后更为崭新的系统中去,请各位了解。而在被动技方面,本次测试也将会开放一部分供玩家体验。"
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Diablos

Thank you Points : 30

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Well MHOL sucks   Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:28 pm

I don't know that language, and we have "levels" in MH, however, they are not related to hp/stam/power. Please translate. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Lucas
Rathalos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Well MHOL sucks   Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:12 pm

play MHFO then O:! BUt oh snap.. it has miro transitions too...and has a stat modifying Lvl'ing system and % based Upgrades for weapons .. Guess thats were tencent got the idea from
Back to top Go down
Yamatsu
Admin

Thank you Points : 96

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

PostSubject: Re: Well MHOL sucks   Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:42 pm

@Lucas wrote:
play MHFO then O:! BUt oh snap.. it has miro transitions too...and has a stat modifying Lvl'ing system and % based Upgrades for weapons .. Guess thats were tencent got the idea from
+1

MHOL won't suck. It's looking to be MHFO: Better Edition.
Dcj made good points, this is for the fans who are more into the MMO style of gameplay. MHFO was exactly that too, it took time to do shit and ranking up DID affect your overall stats as lucas said.

Sure if the series didn't change at all we'd be stuck with the barebones MH1 gameplay. If you want to play the more classic MH then go play 3U or MH4 (although MH4 is changing for the better again...). Looks like MHOL isn't for you.

I'll certainly play it if it gets released outside of Asia.
Back to top Go down
Firpi
Seltas Queen

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code: 4441-9127-6618
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

PostSubject: Re: Well MHOL sucks   Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:55 pm

If it is released here, goodby SWTOR hello Hunting.

As long as it stays with the dynamic combat, I am so tired of having to shoot or slash a minion 400 times becuase he is higher level.
Standard leveling mechanics just dont jive with me in this day in age.
Back to top Go down
Lucas
Rathalos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Well MHOL sucks   Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:25 pm

MHOL doesn't differ from MHFO at all besides the visuals , everything mhfo has is somehow represented in MHOL. And about the damage numbers that appear after every hit .. Well everyone been using the damage formulas to calculate their damage in past games so please.. Dun be derp
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Will
Rathalos

Thank you Points : 45

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 'Murica

PostSubject: Re: Well MHOL sucks   Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:31 am

They're showing you how much damage you are doing per hit, not giving the monster a health bar. So monsters will still limp and you can still get that satisfying feeling and scrubs can no longer pretend that they don't pick terribad weapons.
Back to top Go down
parasky
Jaggi

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Well MHOL sucks   Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:25 am

Well, I like the numbers that pop up when you hit a monster.

But it won't run on my computer and seems to implement a F2P model poorly so no thnx.
Back to top Go down
http://parasky.tumblr.com/
taiezys
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: Well MHOL sucks   Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:06 am

I had a chance to play both Monster Hunter Frontier and Monster Hunter Online. Latest beta has just ended. You guy won't believe how awesome was that! I was hyped about MHFU on PSP, but this was waaaaay more exciting! The experience in the game doesn't seem to be any difference from Frontier. yes there are some improvements. These improvements actually making game suitable for PC lovers. Graphics in the game is amazing! I have played all versions of MH so far, but none of these were that good looking. Even if the beta keys were paid and weren't really cheap, there were soooo many players. Never seen so many on Frontier. English version was confirmed (maybe it was just a rumor), but it might come only after 2-3 years. And F2P model is for the best. Most of the MMOs is going to F2P because all P2P games are losing players. F2P model will make MH even more popular and I am really happy about it. So about game experience again. It is a little bit different than usual MH, but to describe all experiences is really hard. To experience MHO you should play the game at first. I will try to get more keys for the next Beta phase and I might share them with you guys Yes by vort

EDIT: You can also disable damage showed on screen if you want to
Back to top Go down
Lucas
Rathalos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Well MHOL sucks   Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:21 am

Say, dont you need a chinese ID number to be able to play it?
Back to top Go down
MasterOnion

Thank you Points : 43

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

PostSubject: Re: Well MHOL sucks   Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:21 pm

I have the weirdest suspicion that this person was hired to say that kind of stuff on forums. It might be because of having only 1 post and immediately talking about a game that they played in beta with it, but I suppose it doesn't really matter either way. If it's true, then it's more information about a game that we might like, and if not there will be a shitstorm ,which will be entertaining for me.

Welcome to the forum ;).
Back to top Go down
taiezys
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: Well MHOL sucks   Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:38 am

Hey! Because I'm new doesn't mean I'm hired by someone :O I'm just a regular MH fan I guess /sly/ And about ID number, google "Chinese ID generator". Then you will find a webpage with generating KSSN (korean ID) and Chinese ID. As far as I remember, you will need put your fake location and Chinese ID must match that location so you might need to generate few times that ID. But my account hasn't been activated yet. I'm playing my friend's account. I'm hoping to get some keys for a new testing phase. /spark/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well MHOL sucks   Today at 6:14 pm

Back to top Go down

Well MHOL sucks
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next