Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk

Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Monster Hunter XX (Double Cross) for 3DS

Share | 

What series would you like to see appear in Monster Hunter?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DemonPants
Aptonoth

Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: What series would you like to see appear in Monster Hunter?   Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:41 am

We've seen multiple appearances of games and/or anime appear in some shape or form in Monster Hunter. Metal Gear, Detective Conan, Negima?!, and I feel like there are more. If anyone knows, feel free to add them.

To get back to the topic though. What series would you like to see in Monster Hunter?

Personally, I would like to see Mega Man X get some love in MH. I think it could work quite well too. We could have the Z-Saber for a Long Sword weapon, the X-Buster for Light Bowgun. As for the armors you could have an X and Zero armor for both Blademaster and Gunner. I have no clue what kind of skills they could have. Maybe I'll post some ideas later.

I know Mega Man X is kind of a long shot, but since X and Zero were in Project X Zone, I don't think it would be TOO out there. Plus I feel it would be the best to accommodate the play styles in MH.
Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

PostSubject: Re: What series would you like to see appear in Monster Hunter?   Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:09 am

Lost planet had a Rathalos armor, maybe we could see some Lost Planet armors or Bowguns on MH in the future?
Back to top Go down
BoredForLife
Kecha Wacha

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code: 0490-5393-4041
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Greece

PostSubject: Re: What series would you like to see appear in Monster Hunter?   Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:59 am

Well japan will be getting a Shingeki no Kiojin crossover for mh3u with the clothing from the anime and the dual blades the characters are using. I'm happy with that since we are getting special DS.
Back to top Go down
pumpkinslayer
Cephalos

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): UK

PostSubject: Re: What series would you like to see appear in Monster Hunter?   Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:29 am

Pokemon X Monster Hunter would be the shit...
Back to top Go down
Gilgames
Melynx

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: What series would you like to see appear in Monster Hunter?   Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:13 pm

Naruto! Kisame's sword would be an awesome great sword, and of course, Naruto's clothes as a set (speed eating, taunt, adrenaline, wide range)
Back to top Go down
pumpkinslayer
Cephalos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: What series would you like to see appear in Monster Hunter?   Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:53 pm

@Gilgames wrote:
Naruto! Kisame's sword would be an awesome great sword, and of course, Naruto's clothes as a set (speed eating, taunt, adrenaline, wide range)  
Why the hell didn't I think of that, ust replace the felyne chefs with the ichiraku ramen place and have human v human battles as opposed to human v monster.
Back to top Go down
DemonPants
Aptonoth

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: What series would you like to see appear in Monster Hunter?   Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:08 pm

@pumpkinslayer wrote:
@Gilgames wrote:
Why the hell didn't I think of that, ust replace the felyne chefs with the ichiraku ramen place and have human v human battles as opposed to human v monster.

I don't think human vs. human would work well at all in MH. Bowgun characters would be impossible to beat, as long as they have pellet shots. Look at Phantasy Star Online, if you did PvP then Forces won hands down. Rangers and Hunters couldn't target human players, but Forces could with their magic. Plus, I don't think they would ever change MH THAT much for some content. I'm pretty sure it will only be weapons and armor.

I would like to see Kisame's sword though, I don't like Naruto anymore, but that sword was awesome.
Back to top Go down
pumpkinslayer
Cephalos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: What series would you like to see appear in Monster Hunter?   Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:33 pm

@DemonPants wrote:
@pumpkinslayer wrote:
@Gilgames wrote:

I don't think human vs. human would work well at all in MH. Bowgun characters would be impossible to beat, as long as they have pellet shots. Look at Phantasy Star Online, if you did PvP then Forces won hands down. Rangers and Hunters couldn't target human players, but Forces could with their magic. Plus, I don't think they would ever change MH THAT much for some content. I'm pretty sure it will only be weapons and armor.

I would like to see Kisame's sword though, I don't like Naruto anymore, but that sword was awesome.
Well, If we're basing it on Naruto, there won't be any bowguns.
Back to top Go down
Rowiehz
Melynx

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: What series would you like to see appear in Monster Hunter?   Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:07 pm

Fire Emblem!

Both Monster Hunter and Fire Emblem have pretty cool weapons and armors. Or that one of the dragons or manakeets from FE would make an appearance in Monster Hunter, haha. That would be pretty cool. And vice versa, naturally c:
Back to top Go down
http://rowiehz.tumblr.com/
AzureGreen
Aptonoth

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: What series would you like to see appear in Monster Hunter?   Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:05 pm

@pumpkinslayer wrote:

Well, If we're basing it on Naruto, there won't be any bowguns.

Reread the first post.

He was actually asking which series you would like to see featured in the game. For example, when InuYasha was featured, you got a Great Sword that was based off of InuYasha's. Another example are the costumes you could get your Felyne Comrades in Monster Hunter Portable 3rd that were based off of Metal Gear Solid.

So, if you were integrating an aspect of Naruto, it would probably be a special armor - as mentioned in an earlier post - or a set of Kunai-esque dual blades.
Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin

Thank you Points : 89

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

PostSubject: Re: What series would you like to see appear in Monster Hunter?   Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:43 am

@Rowiehz wrote:
Fire Emblem!

Both Monster Hunter and Fire Emblem have pretty cool weapons and armors. Or that one of the dragons or manakeets from FE would make an appearance in Monster Hunter, haha. That would be pretty cool. And vice versa, naturally c:

I'm 100% agreeing with this. Plenty of weapons to incorporate into MH, and enough monsters too. Not that they will ever do more than create a weapon or two, but we can dream.

Otherwise: Metal gear. They handled MH, why not try the reverse?
Back to top Go down
hustyv01
Aptonoth

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: What series would you like to see appear in Monster Hunter?   Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:11 pm

Hmm. How about Hajime No Ippo? Larger gauntlets as weapons inspired by Brachydios' hands.

And was it in Gundam Wing where a gundam used two laser guns and combined it to unleash a large charged beam? I believe it was the Zero Type Wing Gundam... Correct me if I'm wrong.
So basically like the concept of the charge axe, where you have a gun on each hand and can combine it to attack like a HBG's crouchfire.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/hustyv31
DemonPants
Aptonoth

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: What series would you like to see appear in Monster Hunter?   Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:41 pm

@hustyv01 wrote:
Hmm. How about Hajime No Ippo? Larger gauntlets as weapons inspired by Brachydios' hands.

And was it in Gundam Wing where a gundam used two laser guns and combined it to unleash a large charged beam? I believe it was the Zero Type Wing Gundam... Correct me if I'm wrong.
So basically like the concept of the charge axe, where you have a gun on each hand and can combine it to attack like a HBG's crouchfire.

I would love to see gauntlet type weapons in Monster Hunter. Hajime no Ippo sounds so familiar, but I can't place it. And that's a pretty neat idea for the bowguns, maybe in the future we'll see a new bowgun type.
Back to top Go down
pumpkinslayer
Cephalos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: What series would you like to see appear in Monster Hunter?   Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:57 am

Holy shit, Attack on Titan! IT WOULD BE PERFECT!
Back to top Go down
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: What series would you like to see appear in Monster Hunter?   Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:15 pm

Well Japan gets a lot of anime and manga in their MH because thats the thing famous over there. So if Capcom decides to localize this animemanga things then why not trying something that appeals the western audience? Actually this could the worse possible situation.
Made in 5 minutes with MS paint:

Back to top Go down
Oni Zelkami
Lao-Shan Lung

Thank you Points : 151

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: What series would you like to see appear in Monster Hunter?   Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:02 am

@ShadowCeadeusDM324 wrote:
Well Japan gets a lot of anime and manga in their MH because thats the thing famous over there. So if Capcom decides to localize this animemanga things then why not trying something that appeals the western audience? Actually this could the worse possible situation.
Made in 5 minutes with MS paint:

10/10 would promote.
Back to top Go down
Vivi
Najarala

Thank you Points : 46

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): My connectivity is fine, thank you.

PostSubject: Re: What series would you like to see appear in Monster Hunter?   Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:35 pm

Spectrobes x Monhun?
Though Spectrobes isn't very popular as a whole as a series, which is a shame in my opinion.
The Specrobes themselves were very interesting and fun to interact with.
Who wouldn't want to hunt them or take these things into hunts?
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
http://mhwiki.forumotion.net/u2509
Myra the Sark
Felyne

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: What series would you like to see appear in Monster Hunter?   Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:29 am

One Piece. Any of Zoro's swords would be awesome. Not to mention it's a very popular manga/anime series. ~Myra
Back to top Go down
Verity19
Black Gravios

Thank you Points : 16

3DS friends code: 0619-6394-9770
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America

PostSubject: Re: What series would you like to see appear in Monster Hunter?   Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:43 pm

I'm definitely in agreement with the idea of adding Kisame's sword and Naruto's outfit... I know so many people who are/were into Naruto who are also into video games. Tell them about MH, then that there's that sort of stuff in the game, and who knows? Might make hunters out of them yet xD
I would also like the idea of adding in some Bleach, along with Kill la Kill. Along with myself liking Bleach, I know some people who are still into it, and after watching the first two episodes of Kill la Kill in my college anime club, a lot of us liked that series, including the guy I've talked to who also played Tri and was/might still be considering getting MH3U (don't think he has it). Would love to see the main character's weapon from Kill la Kill in MH cat
Back to top Go down
DarkFallinRain
Popo

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: What series would you like to see appear in Monster Hunter?   Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:38 am

I think bleach would fit since most of their fighting evolves swords.Having ichigo's shikai as a great sword,while his bankai can be a long sword. Have ichigo's regular clothes be a set,and the g rank version should be his bankai outfit. The girls would probably get rukia's school outfit as the regular set and g rank the soul reaper clothes.i could come up with alot of weapon types as well.The sets skills would be attack up(m),marathon runner, spirit's whim, and worrywart.
great sword: ichigo's shikai
long sword:ichigo's bankai
dual swords: hisagi's shikai
bow: ishida's bow
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What series would you like to see appear in Monster Hunter?   Today at 7:30 am

Back to top Go down

What series would you like to see appear in Monster Hunter?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1