Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
So..... did they fix any of the annoying probs from Tri in U? Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
So..... did they fix any of the annoying probs from Tri in U? Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

So..... did they fix any of the annoying probs from Tri in U?

Go down 
+3
Sai_
Sephastus
RaiCoss
7 posters
AuthorMessage
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

Thank you Points : 32

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

So..... did they fix any of the annoying probs from Tri in U? Empty
PostSubject: Re: So..... did they fix any of the annoying probs from Tri in U?   So..... did they fix any of the annoying probs from Tri in U? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 5:39 pm

1) Don't know about this "wallsliding" bug, so I guess it doesn't exist.

2) The LS tripping... do you mean, if another player swings at you and you are not in the middle of a move, do you get tripped? Yes... yes you do. Just like you get upswinged by a GS, Hammered, Shot, poked, prodded ect.... other players can always bother you when they are doing their stuff. Part of this game is learning how/when to fight, and when to move. If it is something else... don't know.

3) Monsters only zone when they want to zone. If they are at the "zone line" and instantly port to the next zone, this could be exploited to "bull rush" the monster to the zones you want by always standing at the zone line and letting them charge at you. It is intentional to keep people from exploiting this, and moving monsters where they shouldn't be. Imagine a big burly monster that you troll into the water this way...

4) No errors. None that I have seen.

5) If you are complaining about lag with people clear across the world, then you are seriously just nitpicking for problems. With that said, I have grouped with people from spain and france (being in the US), and have found absolutely no lag... I did group with a Japanese/Asian person with a bad connection, and it was a nightmare, so I switched rooms, but that was the exception, not the rule, of my more than 700 online battles.

Overall, the WiiU version of MH3 is soooo worth it in my opinion. You will not regret it at all, if you liked any part of MH3.
Back to top Go down
Sai_
Seltas Queen
Sai_

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: So..... did they fix any of the annoying probs from Tri in U?   So..... did they fix any of the annoying probs from Tri in U? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 5:41 pm

1. wat
2. The LS has gone back to it's original form where every time you use a spirit move, the spirit gauge decreases, so spam is less frequent
3. that's always been in monster hunter unless their AI changes into fleeing mode
4. That is connection problems with the clients' Internet connection, meaning this is your fault and something the developers can't change
5. Again as number 4. This is something that can't be fixed. As far as Internet goes, data is being sent worldwide meaning there is traffic the longer the distance is. It's inevitable that you will lag; even with excellent internet connection, playing with distant regions always creates a high ping
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: So..... did they fix any of the annoying probs from Tri in U?   So..... did they fix any of the annoying probs from Tri in U? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 5:44 pm

Seems like we both want to know this "wallsliding" thing. You think he means invisible walls, like the edge of the desert when fighting Jhen or something similar?
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: So..... did they fix any of the annoying probs from Tri in U?   So..... did they fix any of the annoying probs from Tri in U? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 7:04 pm

Monsters still "wallslide

You can still get interrupted, even if not as often

Many people still accidently zone while fighting a monster

There are now other types of "disconnects", but these are caused by you being kicked out of the room, the room host disbanding, trying to join a room that is in a filled lobby ect, but almost never when going into the hunt.

It's hard to find "Aussies", due to the timezone difference... however, if you are playing at odd hours (really early morning), you might still run into them.

With all that said, MH3U is not a purchase you should overlook. Well worth whatever types of "annoyances" you believe it has.

The reason for the "nitpick" comment, was because to me the items you were mentioning as flaws in the prior game did not seem to be related to actual bugs in the game, but instead the way it was intended to work, or without a real solution. Not attacking you.

Enjoy your stay.
Back to top Go down
Will
Rathalos
Will

Thank you Points : 45

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 'Murica

PostSubject: Re: So..... did they fix any of the annoying probs from Tri in U?   So..... did they fix any of the annoying probs from Tri in U? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 7:28 pm

I'd like to point out that I'm an NA player and have a decent connection when I play with aussie players.
Back to top Go down
Enkidu
Melynx
Enkidu

Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: So..... did they fix any of the annoying probs from Tri in U?   So..... did they fix any of the annoying probs from Tri in U? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 8:20 pm

as an aussie I can't say I've noticed any significant problems playing with EU / NA people
Back to top Go down
TheLaw
TheLaw

Thank you Points : 10

3DS friends code: 0748-2193-3471
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Australia

PostSubject: Re: So..... did they fix any of the annoying probs from Tri in U?   So..... did they fix any of the annoying probs from Tri in U? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 10:04 pm

Enkidu wrote:
as an aussie I can't say I've noticed any significant problems playing with EU / NA people

|i am an Aussie hunter, I have hunted with you in Tri, you might remember Ike? That was me, I never lagged when you or Fen hosted.

I have never lagged with anyone on the NA servers, as I have hunted with a decent amount of the forum community during my time on ultimate, as stated before the only time I have d/ced is when the host leaves/kicks or the connection becomes unstable, the last thing I have no control over, ot just sometimes happens.

All in all, 3U is worth it in my opinion, and whatever lag you do see is minimal at most times, unless if the host is having terrible uplpad/download speeds.
Back to top Go down
https://mhwiki.forumotion.net/u3769
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: So..... did they fix any of the annoying probs from Tri in U?   So..... did they fix any of the annoying probs from Tri in U? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 2:57 am

RaiCoss wrote:
Yeah, as title.

Is there still;
1) The wallsliding. [Yes, monsters still glide across the walls]
2) The annoying LS tripping. [Only if you lance]
3) Monsters going beyond door warps but not going into next area.[Forever to annoy you]
4) Processing errors (11669s etc) [only if host has a closed NAT or your isp sucks]
5) Huge lag, especially with Aussies...[Yes, but surprisingly much more stable than one might think]

Thinking of getting a Wii U soon, so I'm kinda curious if they actually fixed any of Tri's annoying probs before picking MH3U up.
Yeah, they did fix plenty of problems. Even more than what you listed.
Back to top Go down
Enkidu
Melynx
Enkidu

Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: So..... did they fix any of the annoying probs from Tri in U?   So..... did they fix any of the annoying probs from Tri in U? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 8:21 pm

TheLaw wrote:

|i am an Aussie hunter, I have hunted with you in Tri, you might remember Ike? That was me, I never lagged when you or Fen hosted.

yep, I remember, and hoping we catch up in MH3U some day
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So..... did they fix any of the annoying probs from Tri in U?   So..... did they fix any of the annoying probs from Tri in U? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So..... did they fix any of the annoying probs from Tri in U?
Page 1 of 1