Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Autoguard gunlanc......... er bowgun. Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Autoguard gunlanc......... er bowgun. Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Autoguard gunlanc......... er bowgun.

Go down 
+6
Un-Tan
PAiN---
TKMT
Sai_
Antari18
haruno
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
haruno
Shagaru Magala
haruno

Thank you Points : 192

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

Autoguard gunlanc......... er bowgun. Empty
PostSubject: Autoguard gunlanc......... er bowgun.   Autoguard gunlanc......... er bowgun. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 6:06 am

Can't be assed to test it myself. I'll just leave this topic here and let you all tell me how effective hbg + shield is. Reeks of too much stupidity for me to test. K thx byes <3

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/683294-monster-hunter-3-ultimate/66708470

Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

PostSubject: Re: Autoguard gunlanc......... er bowgun.   Autoguard gunlanc......... er bowgun. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 9:54 am

Not good idea because:

1) Chip damage from blocking, dunno if can be neglated by guard+2?
2) Recoil from guarding roars is too high to create any attack options. Evade+1 enables you to evade roars and attack faster than this crap.

Not worth it, if i was about swapping Evade Extender with something it would be evade+1. As HBG user you soulndn't take hits in the first place. Try guarding with HBG against Stygian on SSJ mode.
Back to top Go down
http://gbforever.net
Sai_
Seltas Queen
Sai_

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: Autoguard gunlanc......... er bowgun.   Autoguard gunlanc......... er bowgun. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 11:10 am

Not to mention attaching the shield barrel removes the power barrel. Evading an attack is much better than blocking because you get more seconds to attack when you evade than getting a block animation for a lengthy time period.
Back to top Go down
TKMT
Seltas
TKMT

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America, U.S.

PostSubject: Re: Autoguard gunlanc......... er bowgun.   Autoguard gunlanc......... er bowgun. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 11:55 pm

I sort of tried this. Didn't quite work out all that well, as I didn't block "almost immediately" after I fired.

And I'd rather evade than block.
(sort of tried because I didn't use the lock down feature of the HBG)
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Autoguard gunlanc......... er bowgun.   Autoguard gunlanc......... er bowgun. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 12:01 am

did u try in MH3U or Mhp3rd?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
Un-Tan
Seltas Queen
Un-Tan

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Autoguard gunlanc......... er bowgun.   Autoguard gunlanc......... er bowgun. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 8:06 am

I've used a mix of evasion, evade distance together with the shield ever since I started.

The shield does give you alot in terms of defense. I have survived about 23423426526123 hits that I shouldn't have thanks to it. And because I generally adrenaline pierce I feel that I need that extra protection because any one attack can and will kill me if I get hit by it. So just taking a chip damage is a good way to increase the survivability. If you play with the limiter however I feel that it is a MUST HAVE or you will die every time the monster attacks you when crouched as generally you don't have the time to un-crouch and then roll away from/through the attack.

But it got it's weak points. Unless you actually get guard+1/2 you will get knocked back a long way and you easily end up in a corner without any stamina to get out of there. And compared to the other barrels you obviously lose potential dps and it really isn't required against most monsters.
Back to top Go down
TKMT
Seltas
TKMT

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Autoguard gunlanc......... er bowgun.   Autoguard gunlanc......... er bowgun. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 2:29 pm

PAiN--- wrote:
did u try in MH3U or Mhp3rd?
Oh, was it supposed to be in mhp3rd? I thought it was in 3 Ultimate because, well, the Gamefaqs thread was in MH3Ultimate lol
Back to top Go down
hustyv01
Aptonoth
hustyv01

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Autoguard gunlanc......... er bowgun.   Autoguard gunlanc......... er bowgun. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 10:10 am

It's worth having against hard hitting monsters, especially the jacked up event quest monsters such as the I. Lagi and S. Zin. I've seen someone use it and benefited from it against such monsters and also Deviljho.

Guard +2 is good but only for blade master. Evade extender, since you'll use a HBG.

Last edited by hustyv01 on Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/hustyv31
MetaMarx
Rajang
MetaMarx

Thank you Points : 16

3DS friends code: 4382-2261-9491
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Autoguard gunlanc......... er bowgun.   Autoguard gunlanc......... er bowgun. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 1:36 pm

I'm pretty sure Guard +1 and 2 are blademaster only. I remember trying it on a HBG set and seeing that it won't work.
Back to top Go down
Sai_
Seltas Queen
Sai_

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Autoguard gunlanc......... er bowgun.   Autoguard gunlanc......... er bowgun. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 7:51 pm

hustyv01 wrote:
It's worth having against hard hitting monsters, especially the jacked up event quest monsters such as the I. Lagi and S. Zin. I've seen someone use it and benefited from it against such monsters and also Deviljho.

Guard +2 is good but only for blade master. Evade extender, since you'll use a HBG.

Well look at me benefit from taking advantage of the innate frames the game provides me and not get hit from Deviljho's attacks!
Back to top Go down
haruno
Shagaru Magala
haruno

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: Autoguard gunlanc......... er bowgun.   Autoguard gunlanc......... er bowgun. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 8:14 pm

hustyv01 wrote:

you listed the monsters that are laughably easy to dodge =/
Back to top Go down
hustyv01
Aptonoth
hustyv01

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Autoguard gunlanc......... er bowgun.   Autoguard gunlanc......... er bowgun. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 10:25 am

haruno wrote:
hustyv01 wrote:

you listed the monsters that are laughably easy to dodge =/
Easy to dodge, but can you dodge it all? Ofc not. That's why evade extender increases your chances of not getting hit by those hard hitting event monsters that can OHKO most gunners and some BMs.
It's more "time friendly" and team friendly to be able to dodge most attacks, especially for gunners.

Not everyone is as good that they may think that those monsters are laughable.
Back to top Go down
Crystalis
Najarala
Crystalis

Thank you Points : 26

3DS friends code: 3909-8402-8213

PostSubject: Re: Autoguard gunlanc......... er bowgun.   Autoguard gunlanc......... er bowgun. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 11:02 am

I honestly don't think that Ivory Lagi is laughable (S. Zin, I wouldn't know, since I haven't fought it, but regular Zinogre is pretty easy), but it more depends on the person's individual skill, which can differ with monsters.

For example, I get fucked up by Diablos and Black Diablos many times over. I still find Pink Rathian really annoying, and Brachydios is really tough for me. But I've already had quests where Gigginox or Agnaktor never hit me once.

Evade extender is the distance one, right? That doesn't increase your invulnerablility frames, so I'd prefer Evasion +1/+2, because usually that's enough to help dodge the attacks moreso than just extending the distance without extending the invulnerability period (which would still require you to be time-precise).
Back to top Go down
Sai_
Seltas Queen
Sai_

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Autoguard gunlanc......... er bowgun.   Autoguard gunlanc......... er bowgun. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 11:24 am

hustyv01 wrote:
Easy to dodge, but can you dodge it all? Ofc not.

Wrong. You can dodge all moves from the monsters haruno listed without evasion+1, guard+1, evade extender, etc.

hustyv01 wrote:

I wasn't good with Zinogre since this is the first game I've fought him in, but gunning him for a few hunts helped me learned his move-set. Now I can avoid all his moves with ease.

Of course not every one is extremely skilled, but that doesn't mean every one is impaired to spend a few hunts with an HBG and learn their behavior. Statements like "not everyone is good/pro/blah" irks me because it strengthens the idea that some people are utterly lazy and never want to improve themselves and complain about monsters or provide futile information regarding armor skills. It didn't take me long to learn Zinogre or Lucent Nargacuga, but if it does for some people, it doesn't matter; they should practice the monster more. You don't have to be an expert to provide a decent damage output.

Also, evade extender is not really that much helpful for HBG. I'd go for evasion+1 because it increases invincibility frames as evade extender does not.
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Autoguard gunlanc......... er bowgun.   Autoguard gunlanc......... er bowgun. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 11:41 am

Has anyone tested this..? Sounds pretty awful.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
Crystalis
Najarala
Crystalis

Thank you Points : 26

3DS friends code: 3909-8402-8213

PostSubject: Re: Autoguard gunlanc......... er bowgun.   Autoguard gunlanc......... er bowgun. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 12:19 pm

I don't gun, so I'm not testing it, I know that much. -_-
Back to top Go down
haruno
Shagaru Magala
haruno

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: Autoguard gunlanc......... er bowgun.   Autoguard gunlanc......... er bowgun. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 3:11 pm

I hate the stupid amount of recoil
Back to top Go down
hustyv01
Aptonoth
hustyv01

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Autoguard gunlanc......... er bowgun.   Autoguard gunlanc......... er bowgun. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 6:02 pm

Sai_ wrote:
hustyv01 wrote:
Easy to dodge, but can you dodge it all? Ofc not.

Wrong. You can dodge all moves from the monsters haruno listed without evasion+1, guard+1, evade extender, etc.

hustyv01 wrote:

I wasn't good with Zinogre since this is the first game I've fought him in, but gunning him for a few hunts helped me learned his move-set. Now I can avoid all his moves with ease.

Of course not every one is extremely skilled, but that doesn't mean every one is impaired to spend a few hunts with an HBG and learn their behavior. Statements like "not everyone is good/pro/blah" irks me because it strengthens the idea that some people are utterly lazy and never want to improve themselves and complain about monsters or provide futile information regarding armor skills. It didn't take me long to learn Zinogre or Lucent Nargacuga, but if it does for some people, it doesn't matter; they should practice the monster more. You don't have to be an expert to provide a decent damage output.

Also, evade extender is not really that much helpful for HBG. I'd go for evasion+1 because it increases invincibility frames as evade extender does not.

I did not mention evasion +1. I only said evade extender. LOL

Take into consideration individual differences. Not all people are the same. Extender works better for me than evasion +.

I get the most use of evade extender on the Event I. Lagi when it charges at you while electrified, which widens its coverage and also deals tons of damage. I know Evasion+ works also, but my personal preference is Extender. That's why I've suggested Extender based on my personal experience.

And furthermore, I said that everyone is not as good, because it irked me when I read that "those monsters are laughably easy to dodge" when in fact they're not. So, I'm not promoting "laziness". LOL

Don't assume that I'm giving bad armor skill advices in case you if you really did assume. I only mentioned what worked great for me. There's some misunderstandings on your part when you read my post.

Every answer here are opinions (0.2c) and not the absolute perfect answer ($1M). Just suggestions that could work for others. After all, we're just having fun and should be having fun doing so and not bicker with each other. /yes/

Last edited by hustyv01 on Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sai_
Seltas Queen
Sai_

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Autoguard gunlanc......... er bowgun.   Autoguard gunlanc......... er bowgun. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 8:21 pm

Of course, but there are definite conclusions when it comes to evasion, guard, and evade extender. Evasion is for invincibility frames, i.e, dodging, evade extender is for mobility, i.e, not dodging, and guard on a bowgun with shield... only removes power that you had if you were using the power barrel which you should be using.
Back to top Go down
haruno
Shagaru Magala
haruno

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: Autoguard gunlanc......... er bowgun.   Autoguard gunlanc......... er bowgun. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 12:20 am

The majority of the attacks you can evade with evade+1 you can do it without it.
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Autoguard gunlanc......... er bowgun.   Autoguard gunlanc......... er bowgun. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 8:42 am

I'm with you guys on this but Sai, calling everyone who can't deal with certain monster "lazy-ass" is huge ignorance.

You should ask yourself why designers include skills like evade+1, evade+2 in game anyway. If everything is just a matter of spending few hours training than what's the point of including these skills in game? If your mind process is right everyone should be able to avoid all of monster's attack simply by looking at their behaviour for few hunts and train. Everyone plays differently. The learning curve differ. Every skill in game is there for a reason. Just don't make yourself almighty and shit please...

@Haruno: I played a lot of this game and never rolled through giggi/blos/dios roar without evasion skills. Never. I tried every time. With evasion+1 i rolled few times. With evasion+2 it's easily doable. That's the reason for me to use it and few frames are nice bonus when avoiding hits.
Back to top Go down
Sai_
Seltas Queen
Sai_

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Autoguard gunlanc......... er bowgun.   Autoguard gunlanc......... er bowgun. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 11:51 am

I have not made myself "almighty and shit". I've always used evasion+2 on Diablos because his charge animation is long enough for me to use evasion+2; you can also use evade extender on him to avoid those charges by simply rolling left or right. Don't jump to conclusions where I'm supposedly defining myself as some kind of god. I'm just saying that those specific monsters don't require evasion+1, guard, or evade extender, because honestly, you don't need any of those skills for the monsters haruno regarded as laughably dodge-able (Deviljho's attacks are all avoidable, rolling away from Ivy's AoE attack 3 times is enough for you to not get hit, etc.)

Regarding your evasion+2, the window to evade is so small you are required to use evasion+2 to avoid those lengthy roars if you don't have HGE. Of course the developers put these skills in the game purposely to help hunters with monsters that have some sort of gimmick to them, such as when lancing Ivory, guard+2 will help you with your counters everytime Ivy charges/discharges, evade extender MIGHT help you evade the AoE attack, but evasion+1 is left out useless.
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Autoguard gunlanc......... er bowgun.   Autoguard gunlanc......... er bowgun. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 4:02 pm

I always use evasion+1 on Jho/Savage because it gives me perfect mobility and i'm 100% sure i will avoid everything he throws at me. Always. I know everything can be avoided without evasion+1. Sure i can avoid dragonbreath easily but hipcheck always gives me trouble. Especially when Savage spam it 3 times in a row. And if i fail there is great price to pay. So i ask myself, why hurt myself so much? Evasion+1 is so easy to gem.

I agree though about I. Lagi. E+1 is useless on him besides avoiding his roar (not sure if require evasion+2 or not).
Back to top Go down
Sai_
Seltas Queen
Sai_

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Autoguard gunlanc......... er bowgun.   Autoguard gunlanc......... er bowgun. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 4:04 pm

There's a sweet spot on Jho's hip check that you can just stand still and not get hit. I think it's near his mouth/neck when he does the hip check. There are no hit boxes there iirc.
Back to top Go down
TKMT
Seltas
TKMT

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Autoguard gunlanc......... er bowgun.   Autoguard gunlanc......... er bowgun. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 4:14 pm

Sai_ wrote:
There's a sweet spot on Jho's hip check that you can just stand still and not get hit. I think it's near his mouth/neck when he does the hip check. There are no hit boxes there iirc.
Yeah, there's a sweetspot somewhere on Jho's hip check. I should know, because I was noob carving his tail stood still bravely and Deviljho missed me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Autoguard gunlanc......... er bowgun.   Autoguard gunlanc......... er bowgun. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Autoguard gunlanc......... er bowgun.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next