Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Pokemon WiiU releasing in August!! Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Pokemon WiiU releasing in August!! Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Pokemon WiiU releasing in August!!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

Pokemon WiiU releasing in August!! Empty
PostPokemon WiiU releasing in August!!

Pokemon WiiU releasing in August!! Pokemonrumbleasset610

If you'r in the need for a poke'mon fix and can't wait until X/Y comes out.. Grab your WiiU and some POke'mon action figures like this:

Pokemon WiiU releasing in August!! Pokemonrumbleasset1

Pokemon WiiU releasing in August!! Pokemonrumbleasset2

and you will be all set!

(figures are not needed to play but they add powers and new pokemon to your collection.

http://venturebeat.com/2013/07/17/pokemon-rumble-u-brings-skylanders-style-toys-to-wii-u-in-august-gallery/
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Pokemon WiiU releasing in August!! :: Comments

PAiN---
Re: Pokemon WiiU releasing in August!!
Post Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:01 am by PAiN---
Game looks nice, I'll definatley be getting it.
Oni Zelkami
Post Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:14 am by Oni Zelkami
I played this game on Wii. It makes Dynasty Warriors look like Virtua Fighter the amount of skill it takes.
Roik
Post Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:52 am by Roik
The figurines look terrible. I wouldn't pay €4 for one of those.
Oni Zelkami
Post Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:57 am by Oni Zelkami
They look like that in game too. On Wii, it looked like a high saturation N64 game.
Post Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:45 pm by Guest
yeah i dont see that as pokemon wii U i see it as pokemon spinoff #74
dcj91x
Post Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:04 pm by dcj91x
What game now and days doesn't ahve a spin off.. It's basically cashin in on the popularity of Skylanders anyways.. The Minifigs have made Billions of dollars world wide and it's only logical that Pokemon would follow. With diney infinity coming out as well poke'mon is actually a little behind.

And yea.. 4 is a bit high priced.. 1.99 would have been about right and since there is a limited number of them and not the full 600+.. well.. IMO

1.99 with all 600+ in blind packs would have been the best way to go.
Lalo
Post Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:19 pm by Lalo
I tought it was an actual game.... maybe the sequel to XD but I don't see this as a pokemon game
Sephastus
Post Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:48 pm by Sephastus
Skylander style games are something I will never put money in. To me it looks like: Make a game, but do not give them every option. Have them buy the game, and then charge them to open things up that are already in the game to begin with, and at the same time make them pay for figurines.

The full game should always be available, and the figurines should be for those that want to collect them for a different reason, and not to unlock anything in the game.

Micro-transactions are the bane of the gaming world, and they should be done away with completely in my opinion. It's just a way to nickel and dime people into giving up much more money than they normally would for a game. If after purchasing the game and every single action figure the total money is more than you would pay for the game itself (sans the figures), then it is extremely overpriced. A game like pokemon that is in the HUNDREDS of creatures wide, even at a dollar per creature, you are looking at a super expensive game.

With that said, I like pokemon... dislike skylanders on principle.
dcj91x
Post Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:28 pm by dcj91x
^ I think you Missunderstand how it works.. I have played and bought every skylanders game and figure out.. It's a great game and series... You don't have to "buy" everything to "UNLOCK" everything. In fact you can beat the whole game with just the starter set that comes with the game...

I've actually talked to Will about this before. It's very misleading to understand if you don't play or look into it yourself.

With the pokemon game it is even more different as the figures you can buy and collect just add new powers. You can still collect every poke'mon in the game without them. The figures are basically just that.. Collectable figures that give you added bonuses..

Unlike most games' DLC content when you just buy it and it's stuck to one game and can't be traded.. by having actual physical toy figures as the dlc you 1. have something to show for the content (at the same price you would pay for just a download on any other game) 2. can use it on other games not just the one you buy it for to include other devices and systems, 3. can share it with friends and use theirs as well instead of having to each buy your own, 4. any progress made on that figure can be save to that figurre, leveling and so on and can be carried over to game sequals or to friends houses or again given/traded to someone else. Unlike traditional dlc that's pretty much stuck in one place and you have nothing to show for it..

also, those who don't have the came and just like the characters (in the case of pokemon) can still get them.

Unlike what you are thinking Sephastus, the full game is available and even Nintendo spoke about it a long time ago before they began allowing dlc content on their systems. You may not remember but nintendo was the last system to allow dlc because they believed that DLC content should "ADD" to a game not hinder you or force you to buy it to even be able to play.. which is exactly what these do.. They only add to what you can do in game, nothing more and nothing less.
Post Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:05 pm by Guest
Thats (skylanders) like every other free to play game. You can beat it without buying anything but it will suck since you have access to like 10 percent of what you should have.
Sephastus
Post Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:51 am by Sephastus
Vortiene wrote:
Thats (skylanders) like every other free to play game. You can beat it without buying anything but it will suck since you have access to like 10 percent of what you should have.

This is what I believe, but I see what you are saying djc.

I was never attracted to the concept of Skylanders when I saw it on a commercial, but I agree that I did not see it the way you explained it. I am still not attracted to it, but that is why there is variety in this world. To each their own.
dcj91x
Post Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:03 am by dcj91x
^ Agree with that.. I was against DLC for the longest time.. in fact it was skylanders that actually made me understand it.... I can accept something that has a physical form I can keep for my own and show off.. But something that goes away once the game is no longer there or the servers go down... that's a little hard for me to buy.. <-- pun intended

Actually Nintendo ideas on DLC was actually my veiw on it. DLC should be to enhance a game only. It should not not be need to complete or compete in a game. If you have to have it to actually make the game playable then the the game should never have been made in the first place. So far none of the skylanders games I have played, FE:A, nore SMT4 (which have dlc and I have chose to get limitedly) have had dlc like that. I always research any dlc before I get it though.. same with the game.

I am hoping that Pokemon Rumble U is like that as well and according to early reports it is.. The figures only add new abilities and characters with enhancements.. nothing more. and the extra incentive to collect the figures like the Gachapon Toys. (If you don't know what the Gachapon Toys
are i would suggest looking them up as that is basically all the pokemon figures are but with micro chips in them to work with the game.)
Otoshimo
Post Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:29 am by Otoshimo
Sephastus wrote:

I was never attracted to the concept of Skylanders when I saw it on a commercial.
You & everyone else who saw the commercial and questioned when the hell their childhood went through this transition...
Pokemon WiiU releasing in August!! Spyro_10

Pokemon WiiU releasing in August!! 01-62010
dcj91x
Post Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:55 am by dcj91x
... Love skylanders great games.. Totaly misunderstood concept unless you actually play it and pokemon rumble U is not the same concept.

Any ways PRU was released in the EU areas yeaterday, Did anyone pick it up?
dcj91x
Post Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:04 am by dcj91x
Not happy with Pokemon Rimble U as the first WiiU home console game? What about a possible Coloseum game?

http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/08/17/another-pokemon-game-could-be-coming-to-wii-u
Otoshimo
Post Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:25 am by Otoshimo
your sales-pitch enthusiasm for another colosseum game is too damn high.
dcj91x
Post Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:55 pm by dcj91x
Coloseum is actually one of my favorite Pokemon series. So I'm all over that.
parasky
Post Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:30 pm by parasky
Ouch.

Yeah, I think I may avoid this and wait for the next Wii U Pokémon game, plus I'm saving up for pokémon Y.
Post Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:34 pm by Guest
only spinoffs i liked were snap and the TCG game boy game (that one was soooooooo fun)

the original pokemon pinball was great as well
dcj91x
Post Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:37 am by dcj91x
parasky wrote:
Ouch.

Yeah, I think I may avoid this and wait for the next Wii U Pokémon game, plus I'm saving up for pokémon Y.
Everyone has opinions, that's all reviews are. Here is one that is more open than the one you posted:

http://voxelarcade.com/reviews/pokemon-rumble-u-review/
Otoshimo
Post Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:21 pm by Otoshimo
dcj91x wrote:
parasky wrote:
Ouch.

Everyone has opinions, that's all reviews are. Here is one that is more open than the one you posted:

http://voxelarcade.com/reviews/pokemon-rumble-u-review/

just because something is a 'more open' review doesn't entail it a 'more deserving' review.
dcj91x
Post Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:41 pm by dcj91x
Oto, they are all "Opinion's" and should be taken as such. That's what reviews are. People like different games for different reasons so when reading any review that should be taken into account. Hopefully the reviewer is professional and reviews the game objectively without "bashing" it and explains why they feel each part they speak about is good or bad.

Pokemon WiiU releasing in August!!

Page 1 of 1