With Pokemon X/Y coming out soon and the 3ds actually being the top selling game system in the world right now.. Many people are grabing it and the special consoles when they see it.. In the west there are not as many as in Japan due to the marketing differences.
(Quick info: MUch of the west keeps full stock of items out in the front where you can see them and just pick up what you want where in a lot of asian countries the stock is kept in the back and only display items are in the front... This unfortunately allows for more variaty in asian contries and less in the west)
Anyways for those picking up the 3DS and looking for something to play or thinking about getting it and not knowing what's there here's a quick list of only the top ones I think are the main ones to own!
(The list is for all regions and includes upcoming games as well)
1. Animal Crossing New leaf - Highly adictive and with the most to do of any game in the series... a collectors dream game and one that will keep you playing year round.
2. Bravely Default: Flying Fairy - A new RPG from Square with some amazing looking detail the story has gotten some high praise in japan so far and looks to be a great substitute if not full replacement for the FF series...
3. Code of Princess - old school side scrolling beat em' up at it's best.
4. Fire Emblem: Awakening - Probably the best game in the series with a great story line and much replay value. It is absolutely one to have in your collection and if you have never played and Turned based stratagy RPG this is the one to try out..
5. Shin Megami Tensei 4 - One of the most popular RPG series in Japan but Like many other popular games not well know in the west (much due to it's content and themes.) It is considered a very adult game and with a high learning curve. very challenging.
6. Monster Hunter 3U and Monster Hunter 4 upon release - Not really sure I need to tell everyone here about these game but for those just randomly browsing I would kind of br repeating myself when saying, "One of the most popular RPG series in Japan but Like many other popular games not well know in the west". For many who aren't use to the MH series it can be really challenging but it's aseries worth being a devoted follower.. so much so you should join/lead a forum for it!!!!
7. Legend of zelda: OoT and Legend of Zelda A link Between word (this also includes all the eshop Zelda games) - Lets face it... It's zelda.. OoT is a classic and LBW is shaping up to be one of the most beautiful looking handheld (if not Zelda games) that they have made on any system in a long time.
8. Colors 3D - not technically a game and the only eshop game I am putting on the list (though several of the eshop games rate higher than some of the full retail games listed). Colors 3D is one of the most amazing Art programs I have ever seen on a prortable device. You can get better ones on a laptop or PC but some of the art I have seen has been amazing and fun. Also nintendo has opted not to censor... meaning you can apropriately age lable your art and as long as it is appropriate.. you can post it.
9. POkemon X/Y - the first truely big change to the main game series since the games creation (IMO) and it's looking beautiful... Can't wait to see the final product.
10. Level 5 - Basically all the games on the 3ds by Leval 5 so far have been amazing and worth picking up. They have really shown a great deal of quality in there games...
This list is pretty much just the 10 main ones that first come to mine.. I really hope in the future to have a list for the PS4/XB1/PSV/WiiU.. but at the moment the 3DS seems to be the main system of the the new ones out.. If you have a 3ds and have a list of your own of the top ones to own.. what are they?