Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk

Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Monster Hunter XX (Double Cross) for 3DS

Share | 

Going back to psp mh game a bold option??

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
elchele
Rhenoplos

Thank you Points : 2

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Going back to psp mh game a bold option??   Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:16 pm

Well once again i hit a place on mh where i got nailed and like always i quit for some months after playing some other games and come back with full force.
Also i got the hype of getting a wii u soon enugh to play on hd and also to play with my wife but.... stuff happened and now i got a second psp (wich was 50 bucks with charger and a lot of extras), and now im thinking on saving me a lot of money to buy just a monster hunter unite game instead of a wii u and a wii u game.
Wath do you think? it's a bold decision?, this way we can play on the go and a second 3ds is not an option becouse if i want to buy a new system i rather get a wii u but my hype for the wii u is gone since i got to play the game and also i want to take advantage on the fact that i have a second psp.

Let me know wath do you think of my decision.

Also the quest that made me rage quit was the last one i have has urgent on town, were you need to kill a white lagi, a brachy and a los i think, i just couldn't even kill the lagi so i was desapointed, and since i can't go online for help since is a town quest i just quited, for now though, and was saving the port quest to play with my wife, maybe next year when it gets cheaper....../versad/ 
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Diablos

Thank you Points : 30

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Going back to psp mh game a bold option??   Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:09 am

You quit because you couldn't do the hardest solo quest in the game? ^_^ That is bold enough right there.

Anyways, my suggestion is to get a 3DS, but not only because of MH3U... you have to think about the future as well. It looks like MH4 will come out for that system, and more likely than not, the next few versions of MH will come out on that system as well.

As for playing MHFU... I never need an excuse to play that game again, it is a solid and fun game.
Back to top Go down
elchele
Rhenoplos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Going back to psp mh game a bold option??   Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:23 am

@Sephastus wrote:
You quit because you couldn't do the hardest solo quest in the game? ^_^ That is bold enough right there.

Anyways, my suggestion is to get a 3DS, but not only because of MH3U... you have to think about the future as well. It looks like MH4 will come out for that system, and more likely than not, the next few versions of MH will come out on that system as well.

As for playing MHFU... I never need an excuse to play that game again, it is a solid and fun game.

KK thanks now i don't feel that bad, so bottom line eather you are sooo pro in the game that you can take on that quest or is a way for capcom to tell you to go play port quest, gear up and then come back???. Well i will engage later.
Yea 3ds not an option right now well all depends if the wii u does not get good games and my wife gets hyped up with mh i may get a 3ds instead a wii u. And yea psp mh rocks!! im still playing mhf1 since is the last one i got haven't finished it yet also have de ps2 one hehehe.
Thanks man.
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Going back to psp mh game a bold option??   Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:43 am

That quest isn't that hard, you don't need to be labeled as "pro" to beat it. My first time beating it took me 48 minutes with High Rank gear and a high rank gunlance that I got from village quests, the same with Alatreon, then I went to Port. Second time around with G-Rank armor was around 20 minutes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
elchele
Rhenoplos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Going back to psp mh game a bold option??   Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:06 pm

aww then i just suck with double blades awwwwwwww, well i will come back after i get has far i can on port. I wanted to beat every single quest on town before jumping to port.
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Going back to psp mh game a bold option??   Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:58 pm

Understandable, Mark of a Hero and Village Alatreon are probably the hardest quests to do in the village using High Rank gear. It takes time, practice, patience, and strategy.
Back to top Go down
Vortiene
Lao-Shan Lung

Thank you Points : 281

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Canada

PostSubject: Re: Going back to psp mh game a bold option??   Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:06 pm

mark of a hero? did it on second try because i didnt have max potions on the first one :X
Back to top Go down
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Vortiene
PAiN---
Rathian

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Going back to psp mh game a bold option??   Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:09 pm

It took me like 3 times, I beat it using full Agna U and GL, guarding the entire time and poking when I had an opening xD Boring, but no carts, and unlocked Ala..^.^
Back to top Go down
elchele
Rhenoplos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Going back to psp mh game a bold option??   Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:37 pm

I think i'll lance then, got to get a good set for that, i was focusing only on an atack set "kamikaze", full atack, but then again yea, 1 mistake and you get carted. Thanks guys, not going to port just yet i'll go grid to get some good skills for this quest alone, becouse i wanted to unlock ala.
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang

Thank you Points : 18

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds

PostSubject: Re: Going back to psp mh game a bold option??   Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:13 am

Just a warning with unite final village quest is probably as bad as mark of a hero if not worse depending how good you are against the monsters in question.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Going back to psp mh game a bold option??   Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:18 pm

While a PSP for $50 is good.. As others have stated think about future game releases as well.

Though the wiiu is in a slump at the moment there are a lot of games listed to come out that are ones really worth looking at and several out that are good as well. The wiiu also has some amazing eshop games and other functions.

Main topic:
MH3U with one on the 3ds and one on the WiiU works extreamly well and I do it all the time. MH has difficult quests and part of the reason for 3U's setup is so you can solo port in between some village quests if you need to and to play with others..

as far as Unite goes.. Great game worth getting and playing but honestly since the adhoc is gone (unless it's changed since I last bothereed to look) and you use other means to play with others... Your still basically soloing the whole game and getting an older system and game. Unite is also downloadable on the Vita and though it's a more exspensive system (it should be recieving a price drop soon) it will be one that is hopefully supported for a while but currently the Vita is pretty much in the same delima as the wiiu...

All in all with MH4 looming over our heads, the possibility now that Fronteir or MHOL will be brought to the west (Fronteir now being ported to the WiiU)... I would suggest a second 3DS as mentioned which does offer a lot of games and soon another MH title (but as you said it's not an option), than a wiiu. With the possibility of more MH games and several other good games announced for it.

If you are willing to wait a bit longer though and really want Unite.. get a vita.
Back to top Go down
elchele
Rhenoplos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Going back to psp mh game a bold option??   Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:41 pm

Thank guys, just to let you know i have 2 psp systems and 2 mh unite (well one system and one game is on the way) i got the system and the game for 58 bucks, the dilema was that i no longer have the hype to get a wii u.
My wife was sort of happy to getting the wii u becouse of the extra stuff like, chatting with the camera, drawing, using the google map app that let's you visit other places etc etc, she is not a big gamer but becouse she get's frustrated very fast.
But our budget is a litte short now and so the psp solution was great for me. Later next year i will get a wii u, hopefully with a great bundle and maybe a limited edition and also with more battery life, The wii u slim lite? most of the time i get the second iteration of the systems.
Time will tell, and yea i saw the news about mh fortier but chances are that it will come around 2015 or xmas 2014 maybe. A new 3ds for the wife ummm she is not a big gamer so it would be a waste, with the psp i can also play with some friends or my nephews that sometime comes to have a blast of gaming crazzyness, also they have 1 psp so i may have to get a 3rd mhfu game since they are 2 brothers.
Again thank guys, you alse gave me courage to keep going on my solo journey on mh ultimate on 3ds i will tackle those quest!!!Not yet though im playing proyect x zone
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Going back to psp mh game a bold option??   Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:32 pm

MHFU is still a good game to play so I don't see any downside. Have fun!
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Going back to psp mh game a bold option??   Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:30 pm

Sounds like you made a dission that works well for you and your situation.. Enjoy and have fun!
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Going back to psp mh game a bold option??   Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:14 pm

Dcj as far as I remember adhoc was removed out of every region but japan. Creating a japanese account isn't that difficult in all honesty.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Going back to psp mh game a bold option??   Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:55 am

@Yuki wrote:
Dcj as far as I remember adhoc was removed out of every region but japan. Creating a japanese account isn't that difficult in all honesty.

EU still had it for a while after it was removed in the US, I just wasn't sure if they had made any more changes yet. Thanks for the info.

And no, using accounts for other regions usually isn't that difficult to set up.. but it is an extra sometimes inconvient steep. It sounds like elchele has many people to play with though on Unite locally though, so it shouldn't be much of a problem.
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Going back to psp mh game a bold option??   Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:06 am

Well ask will he was the one that posted about it a while back, and the OP seems to have people to play with regardless of online play or not.

Anywho I hope you enjoy Freedom Unite don't get discouraged if you have issues at first it can be incredibly cheap at times just learn monsters patterns they are far more predictable than in later instalments. That doesn't make them any easier though considering they are also more aggressive than future installments as well and hit far harder than anything 3U has with a few exceptions.
Back to top Go down
elchele
Rhenoplos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Going back to psp mh game a bold option??   Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:41 am

Yep Yuki thanks will do!! Also the online you are refering is the conection with the ps3? (system i yet to have), or conections with pc like xlink kai, wich i never used, tried once and never could get it running looong ago when i started playing mhf2.
I'm asking cose i may want to lend one psp to a friend (who just got a baby and i don't think he may be inversting on any system in some years), to play at home while he takes care of his baby boy, and sometimes get online with me (with xlink kai or any other service that still works).
Well thanks again and let me know
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Going back to psp mh game a bold option??   Today at 4:58 am

Back to top Go down

Going back to psp mh game a bold option??
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1