Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Sticky Situation advice Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Sticky Situation advice Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sticky Situation advice

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lagiacrus the ultimate
Rathalos
Lagiacrus the ultimate

Thank you Points : 18

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

Sticky Situation advice Empty
PostSubject: Sticky Situation advice   Sticky Situation advice Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 7:20 am

Well, I've gotten to the point I've been dreading this whole game. Taking on two Brachydios at once. Now I'm filled with apprehension about going in like I usually do, that being swinging a Longsword until I've killed them both. I'm actually straight up filled with apprehension about using blademaster against them period. So that begs the question, any advice on any bowguns/bows and armor?
I have one other option here, and that's Volvidon X armor and my LS plan. Give me a suggestion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sticky Situation advice   Sticky Situation advice Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 7:45 am

if you have many dung bombs should be fine. volvidon X?

if you're really worried about asploding and want bio master from volvidon armor, go for it, but its pretty easy to roll off any slime effects you get.
Back to top Go down
Lagiacrus the ultimate
Rathalos
Lagiacrus the ultimate

Thank you Points : 18

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Sticky Situation advice   Sticky Situation advice Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 7:54 am

Well that's a nice bonus from the armor, however I also like Volvidon's armor always having evasion +1 and tremor resistance. The problem I'm having, not only feeling like I'm gonna die quickly, but doubting I can take down both of them in the time I have.
Back to top Go down
Yamatsu
Admin
Yamatsu

Thank you Points : 96

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Sticky Situation advice   Sticky Situation advice Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 8:00 am

Try out the plesioth dual swords, maxxed (iirc you can max them before that urgent, if not right after it) with volvidon X. It's THE anti-brachydios armour.

Best thing about duals in my experience is with brachydios you can take constant pot shots at him with normal attacks while he's in rage mode or out of it, slowly bringing down his health and knocking him over every now and again, where you can go apeshit with demon mode. It's just a weapon that works for him.
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

Thank you Points : 32

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Sticky Situation advice   Sticky Situation advice Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 10:26 am

Yamatsu wrote:
Try out the plesioth dual swords, maxxed (iirc you can max them before that urgent, if not right after it) with volvidon X. It's THE anti-brachydios armour.

Best thing about duals in my experience is with brachydios you can take constant pot shots at him with normal attacks while he's in rage mode or out of it, slowly bringing down his health and knocking him over every now and again, where you can go apeshit with demon mode. It's just a weapon that works for him.

I agree with this. Every monster in this game has a weapon that just makes them easier. Plessy with the ranged classes, Gobul/Nibbles with hammers and Deviljhos with your fists (jk). Not that other weapons are not effective... but that the particular weapon makes the fight less stressful.
Back to top Go down
Sai_
Seltas Queen
Sai_

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: Sticky Situation advice   Sticky Situation advice Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 5:16 pm

There are pretty much no moves in which you can use evasion+1 because all of his attacks require avoiding them. For example, when he lunges at you, you move forward and roll once so he is about 2 feet away from your back, but didn't hit you; this does not require evasion+1 since there is nothing to roll through.

Attack up and evasion+1 seems great but getting full Helios Z for Sharpness+1 and HGE will tremendously increase your damage output, and I prefer using the Plesioth Dual Swords against him. When I first soloed this quest, I had full helios Z with speed sharpnening gemmed in with fully upgraded plesioth DS (I think you can fully upgrade them before Brachy urgent). It took me 10 minutes to kill each.

I brought Mega Dash juice for this quest as well. Flash bombs work for a few times and bringing dung is very helpful
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sticky Situation advice   Sticky Situation advice Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sticky Situation advice
Page 1 of 1