Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!

MH4Ultimate releases this Friday, February 13th!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk
 
Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
What's hunting you?

Share | 
 

 SSB WiiU/3DS update

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
dcj91x
Fatalis


Thank you Points : 284

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: SSB WiiU/3DS update   Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:15 am

First topic message reminder :

Well.. the new Super Smash Brothers game.. they decided to remove story mode and cutscenes from the game.

What had happened was someone stole/acquiered copies of early video of several of the games cutscenes and uploaded them to youtube and other internet sites.

The games creator, Masahiro Sakurai, said this in response “Unfortunately, the movie scenes we worked hard to create were uploaded onto the internet. You can only truly wow a player the first time he sees [a cutscene]. I felt if players saw the cut scenes outside of the game, they would no longer serve as rewards for playing the game, so I’ve decided against having them.”

it seems they decided to remove the mode more because they wanted it to be a reward and felt "the reward" they were giving to people was taken away from them after working so hard on it..

It seems .. odd however and may not be what it appears as I find it difficult to believe that something that has been such a big [art of the series would just be removed.

On the same note however it would allow the series and games to focus more strictly on the fighting elements and become more of a straight fighting game then it has been in previous incarnation.....

What do you all think? would they really remove story mode and cutscenes and if they do would you rather see SSB as a full blown hard core fighting series?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Vortiene
Lao-Shan Lung


Thank you Points : 281

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Canada

PostSubject: Re: SSB WiiU/3DS update   Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:23 pm

@Oni Zelkami wrote:
better then Brawl.

as long as it's actually competitive and offensively oriented rather than exploit wakeup times because everyone is slow as hell like brawl was
Back to top Go down
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Vortiene
Chipou
Kecha Wacha


Thank you Points : 9

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: SSB WiiU/3DS update   Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:34 am

@dcj91x wrote:
it's online as well, with friends. you have online friends don't you?

Like im going to waste time coordinating people to get on at the same time to get an experience thats essentially the same as random wifi. Physical friends? Yeah sure, thats different and actually worth it. online? no.

In other words. Nintendo can eat a dick for not only raising the price of the wiiu to 330 with the mario kart bundle, but then letting best buys handle the smash bros stuff. Yes, lets also give coupons to the store that never has stock for ANYTHING ON SALE as well, just for good measure. God its ni no kuni and fire emblem all over again. Guess I have to hope a less retarded store has the damn thing on sale before the nintendo deal ends and the wiiu truly becomes overpriced(again).
Back to top Go down
TKMT
Seltas


Thank you Points : 12

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America, U.S.

PostSubject: Re: SSB WiiU/3DS update   Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:25 am

@Oni Zelkami wrote:
Did anyone else play the Demo? Just got back from it. 5 minutes with it, and I can already tell it's better then Brawl.
Yeah, it's certainly playing out to be better than Brawl.
No more ridiculous L/R spam for recovery when being launched is a great plus.
Back to top Go down
Oni Zelkami
Lao-Shan Lung


Thank you Points : 151

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: SSB WiiU/3DS update   Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:56 am

@Chipou wrote:
@dcj91x wrote:
it's online as well, with friends. you have online friends don't you?

Like im going to waste time coordinating people to get on at the same time to get an experience thats essentially the same as random wifi.

What the hell are you talking about? Who said there wouldn't be Custom Lobbies?
Back to top Go down
Chipou
Kecha Wacha


Thank you Points : 9

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: SSB WiiU/3DS update   Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:37 pm

You say that like custom lobbies does anything for the gripe i listed. Its still a pain in the ass to get multiple people on at the same time, for an experience thats still inferior to simply having them over as you cant directly interact with them over nintendos wifi. I admit I wasnt very clear on this. Does anyone have more information on to why an entire character is banned on wifi?
Back to top Go down
Oni Zelkami
Lao-Shan Lung


Thank you Points : 151

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: SSB WiiU/3DS update   Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:41 pm

@Chipou wrote:
You say that like custom lobbies does anything for the gripe i listed. Its still a pain in the ass to get multiple people on at the same time, for an experience thats still inferior to simply having them over as you cant directly interact with them over nintendos wifi. I admit I wasnt very clear on this.

I still don't see why this is Nintendo's fault. Organizing anyone to do anything gets harder without face to face interaction. Or is your complaint that it's draining resources? In which case that's such a stupid complaint I'm not even going to address it.

The Miis are probably all out banned Online because of the custom moveset setup. That kind of thing is just too hard to balance. They'll almost certainly be banned at tournaments too.
Back to top Go down
Chipou
Kecha Wacha


Thank you Points : 9

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: SSB WiiU/3DS update   Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:57 pm

@Oni Zelkami wrote:
I still don't see why this is Nintendo's fault.

I never said it was nintendos fault. Its a problem thats just inherent in every aspect of life, including trying to manage to get people to physically come over. This is entirely pointless though, as my original point is that it's stupid to have an entire character banned from wifi, regardless if you can use it with friends or not.

So miis dont just have a standard moveset like everyone else?
Back to top Go down
Sai_
Seltas Queen


Thank you Points : 19

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: SSB WiiU/3DS update   Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:35 pm

@TKMT wrote:
@Oni Zelkami wrote:
Did anyone else play the Demo? Just got back from it. 5 minutes with it, and I can already tell it's better then Brawl.
Yeah, it's certainly playing out to be better than Brawl.
No more ridiculous L/R spam for recovery when being launched is a great plus.

Can you elaborate? You mean air dodging is like Melee?
Back to top Go down
Vortiene
Lao-Shan Lung


Thank you Points : 281

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Canada

PostSubject: Re: SSB WiiU/3DS update   Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:49 pm

@Sai_ wrote:
@TKMT wrote:
@Oni Zelkami wrote:
Did anyone else play the Demo? Just got back from it. 5 minutes with it, and I can already tell it's better then Brawl.
Yeah, it's certainly playing out to be better than Brawl.
No more ridiculous L/R spam for recovery when being launched is a great plus.

Can you elaborate? You mean air dodging is like Melee?

Looked like it from the tourney
Back to top Go down
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Vortiene
Sai_
Seltas Queen


Thank you Points : 19

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: SSB WiiU/3DS update   Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:58 pm

I hope so. That means wavedashing might return. However, this is Nintendo we're talking about. They're gonna fuck up competitiveness because they think it's bad. Wavedashing wasn't even broken; it was fun to do but in no way was it a game changer.
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang


Thank you Points : 18

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: SSB WiiU/3DS update   Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:16 pm

Sai sakurai is trying to make it as competitive as it can be while not alienating casuals. From what I saw the gameplay looked faster than brawl and definitely more fluid. Hell he even added a for glory mode for the competitive scene I feel he is trying to appeal to both as much as possible I have faith in him.
Back to top Go down
Chipou
Kecha Wacha


Thank you Points : 9

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: SSB WiiU/3DS update   Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:29 pm

Still happy that they have a "final destination" mode for terrible stages like the inevitable scrolling stage.
Back to top Go down
TKMT
Seltas


Thank you Points : 12

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America, U.S.

PostSubject: Re: SSB WiiU/3DS update   Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:57 pm

@Sai_ wrote:
@TKMT wrote:
@Oni Zelkami wrote:
Did anyone else play the Demo? Just got back from it. 5 minutes with it, and I can already tell it's better then Brawl.
Yeah, it's certainly playing out to be better than Brawl.
No more ridiculous L/R spam for recovery when being launched is a great plus.

Can you elaborate? You mean air dodging is like Melee?
Watch a game of Brawl and see players at 70+ damage get knocked away. They instantly dodge/evade in the air with almost no delay.
That junk ruined combos... Except Meta Knight's Combos.

Air dodging still works like Brawl(where you carry momentum from gravity/physics when you dodge), but you can't recover instantly from being launched.
Back to top Go down
MetaMarx
Rathalos


Thank you Points : 16

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code: 4382-2261-9491
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: SSB WiiU/3DS update   Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:13 pm

Spoiler:
 

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADMUKl2p4nZNg
Back to top Go down
Oni Zelkami
Lao-Shan Lung


Thank you Points : 151

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: SSB WiiU/3DS update   Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:49 pm

Back to top Go down
TKMT
Seltas


Thank you Points : 12

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America, U.S.

PostSubject: Re: SSB WiiU/3DS update   Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:50 am

@Oni Zelkami wrote:
The Miis are probably all out banned Online because of the custom moveset setup.
Palutena has a custom moveset similar to customizations the Miis get, yet she's not banned.
If you ask me, it may be because of one of the latest updates: Mii weight class. It appears that Smaller Miis are faster and weaker, while Large Miis are stronger and slower. There's a much larger difference between Miis and the standard fighters.

Plus maybe Nintendo is trying to keep kids safe by not allowing offensive Mii faces to ever have the chance of popping on screen.... There ARE reporting options, so banning Miis for potential harm is... not even giving the reporting option a chance.
Back to top Go down
Oni Zelkami
Lao-Shan Lung


Thank you Points : 151

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: SSB WiiU/3DS update   Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:20 am

Seriously? Are you sure about this? Even if she won't be banned online, that certainly means she'll be tournament banned, unless the default moveset is deemed balanced enough, or some tournament acceptable build is approved. To what extent is it customizable?
Back to top Go down
TKMT
Seltas


Thank you Points : 12

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America, U.S.

PostSubject: Re: SSB WiiU/3DS update   Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:38 pm

@Oni Zelkami wrote:
Seriously? Are you sure about this? Even if she won't be banned online, that certainly means she'll be tournament banned, unless the default moveset is deemed balanced enough, or some tournament acceptable build is approved. To what extent is it customizable?
She uses different moves instead of edited moves like the rest of the cast's customizing movesets. EX: Mario's Fire Ball: You can customize it to either be weaker but shoot faster and farther, or large and powerful but moves at a snail's pace.

Miis and Palutena, however, get whole new moves when you customize the B attacks.

From the Main Smash Bros. Website:
http://www.smashbros.com/us/howto/entry2.html

"However, Mii Fighters and Palutena don't have spin-off variations, but rather completely unique types of attacks."

Since Miis are banned online, it's not because of custom movesets, it's something else.



I doubt Palutena, or even Miis will be banned from Tournaments. You set customization off, but they can still fight. I highly doubt that Palutena's beginning moves are so deadly that she's instantly banned. Same goes for Miis.
Back to top Go down
MetaMarx
Rathalos


Thank you Points : 16

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code: 4382-2261-9491
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: SSB WiiU/3DS update   Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:51 pm

"Oh, by the way! I'd like to reveal a new challenger. Instead of doing the unveiling on something like a Nintendo Direct, we're going to live-stream the reveal on the official website on Monday, July 14, at 7:00 AM US Pacific Time (4:00 PM European Central Time). Looks like we're nearing the bottom of the stash of new challenger videos that we've made... Like always, we put a lot of effort into it, so I hope you'll enjoy watching it live."


https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADRUqGG_w5Nyg
Back to top Go down
Oni Zelkami
Lao-Shan Lung


Thank you Points : 151

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: SSB WiiU/3DS update   Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:05 pm

@TKMT wrote:
I doubt Palutena, or even Miis will be banned from Tournaments. You set customization off, but they can still fight. I highly doubt that Palutena's beginning moves are so deadly that she's instantly banned. Same goes for Miis.

No, she won't be banned outright for having her default moves be OP. In almost all Mortal Kombat tournaments, Kratos is banned because he is a PS3 exclusive. Someone who plays mostly on Xbox won't know how to properly counter Kratos. It's a similar principle here. No one is going to properly know how to counter your set up. Say you've found some crazy counter to Mario with a specific combination of Mii Gunner moves for example. The enemy Mario won't know the match up well enough, because that custom moveset is so specific, while Mario's moves never change.

Besides, no one wants to wait around while you set the damn thing up.

those arguements aside, they'll probably be banned anyway. In Soulcalibur V, Soul of Devil Jin is banned because you can only give that moveset (it doesn't change) to a customly designed character.
Back to top Go down
Vortiene
Lao-Shan Lung


Thank you Points : 281

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Canada

PostSubject: Re: SSB WiiU/3DS update   Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:16 pm

@Oni Zelkami wrote:
@TKMT wrote:
I doubt Palutena, or even Miis will be banned from Tournaments. You set customization off, but they can still fight. I highly doubt that Palutena's beginning moves are so deadly that she's instantly banned. Same goes for Miis.

No, she won't be banned outright for having her default moves be OP. In almost all Mortal Kombat tournaments, Kratos is banned because he is a PS3 exclusive. Someone who plays mostly on Xbox won't know how to properly counter Kratos. It's a similar principle here. No one is going to properly know how to counter your set up. Say you've found some crazy counter to Mario with a specific combination of Mii Gunner moves for example. The enemy Mario won't know the match up well enough, because that custom moveset is so specific, while Mario's moves never change.

Besides, no one wants to wait around while you set the damn thing up.

those arguements aside, they'll probably be banned anyway. In Soulcalibur V, Soul of Devil Jin is banned because you can only give that moveset (it doesn't change) to a customly designed character.

Didn't they say all characters have customizable movesets? Not with as huge of a difference, but still.

I'm thinking it might be relegated to for fun mode, but it really depends.
Back to top Go down
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Vortiene
Oni Zelkami
Lao-Shan Lung


Thank you Points : 151

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: SSB WiiU/3DS update   Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:59 pm

@Vortiene wrote:
@Oni Zelkami wrote:
@TKMT wrote:
I doubt Palutena, or even Miis will be banned from Tournaments. You set customization off, but they can still fight. I highly doubt that Palutena's beginning moves are so deadly that she's instantly banned. Same goes for Miis.

No, she won't be banned outright for having her default moves be OP. In almost all Mortal Kombat tournaments, Kratos is banned because he is a PS3 exclusive. Someone who plays mostly on Xbox won't know how to properly counter Kratos. It's a similar principle here. No one is going to properly know how to counter your set up. Say you've found some crazy counter to Mario with a specific combination of Mii Gunner moves for example. The enemy Mario won't know the match up well enough, because that custom moveset is so specific, while Mario's moves never change.

Besides, no one wants to wait around while you set the damn thing up.

those arguements aside, they'll probably be banned anyway. In Soulcalibur V, Soul of Devil Jin is banned because you can only give that moveset (it doesn't change) to a customly designed character.

Didn't they say all characters have customizable movesets? Not with as huge of a difference, but still.

I'm thinking it might be relegated to for fun mode, but it really depends.

No. All Characters have tweakable moves. For example, Mario can use the standard fire ball. In customization however, he can use either a multi fireball, or a giant fireball. Obviously, the standard fireball will be use din Tournaments. Palutena and Mii Fighters will have multiple varied moves. I don't know them exactly, but it's not the quite the same thing.

I'm sure someone will do a "For Fun" tournament at some point, but if this game goes to EVO, Palutena and Mii Fighters will probably not be allowed.
Back to top Go down
TKMT
Seltas


Thank you Points : 12

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America, U.S.

PostSubject: Re: SSB WiiU/3DS update   Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:53 pm

@Oni Zelkami wrote:

No, she won't be banned outright for having her default moves be OP. In almost all Mortal Kombat tournaments, Kratos is banned because he is a PS3 exclusive.

Someone who plays mostly on Xbox won't know how to properly counter Kratos.
I guess that's understandable.

@Oni Zelkami wrote:
It's a similar principle here. No one is going to properly know how to counter your set up.

...Unless you go by the DEFAULT movesets, which I'm sure is what Tournaments WILL focus on. By what you state, everybody might as well be banned due to not knowing ANYBODY's set up because of Custom Movesets.

@Oni Zelkami wrote:
Say you've found some crazy counter to Mario with a specific combination of Mii Gunner moves for example. The enemy Mario won't know the match up well enough, because that custom moveset is so specific, while Mario's moves never change.
If that specific combination is the default moveset for Mii Gunner(The vanilla version of Mii Gunner at the very beginning of the game, unaltered.), and the Mii gunner practically BESTED EVERYONE, then yes, it would be banned. I doubt a projectile based character could render a reflection cape happy Mario obsolete.

@Oni Zelkami wrote:
Besides, no one wants to wait around while you set the damn thing up.
Don't worry. Tournies will not have custom movesets in serious matches. Only friendlies at best.

@Oni Zelkami wrote:
those arguements aside, they'll probably be banned anyway. In Soulcalibur V, Soul of Devil Jin is banned because you can only give that moveset (it doesn't change) to a customly designed character.
Miis have a default look(by the guest Miis) and default moveset at the beginning of the game. Devil Jin is strictly a Created Character, so it's pretty obvious he'd never see the spotlight in tournaments, due to Created characters being banned(Because of height and hitbox proportion preferences from created characters.) and, Devil Jin isn't selectable from the menu screen unless you create him.

Miis, on the other hand, can be selected from the get-go. They're not 100% custom characters, so they're much different from Devil Jin. The only problem would be is that players would prefer a smaller mii or a larger mii(The dilemma that plagues SCV right now for CaS) , so yes, Miis would most likely be banned NOT by move sets, but by height preference if it makes a big difference in the metagame.
Back to top Go down
Vortiene
Lao-Shan Lung


Thank you Points : 281

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Canada

PostSubject: Re: SSB WiiU/3DS update   Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:04 am

Just because mario's moves were shown as "tweakable" doesn't mean other characters couldn't have more variation.
Back to top Go down
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Vortiene
TKMT
Seltas


Thank you Points : 12

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America, U.S.

PostSubject: Re: SSB WiiU/3DS update   Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:26 pm

@Vortiene wrote:
Just because mario's moves were shown as "tweakable" doesn't mean other characters couldn't have more variation.
You are correct.
Characters have some minor variations, like Kirby's standard b having ice breath, or Donkey Kong's B attack shooting a whirlwind.

But, as of now, the only characters confirmed to have unique moveset changes in B attacks are Mii fighter and Palutena. Everyone else appears to have "tweaked" moves.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: SSB WiiU/3DS update   Today at 7:00 pm

Back to top Go down
 
SSB WiiU/3DS update
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next
 Similar topics
-
» SSB WiiU/3DS update
» NEW XBOX UPDATE
» UPDATE: The NEW Build-A-Bearville
» Finally and Update!!
» Armybuilder update!!!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monster Hunter Wiki Forum :: Things we do when not hunting :: Non-MH Related :: Non-MH Games and Gaming-
Jump to: