Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
SSB WiiU/3DS update - Page 9 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
SSB WiiU/3DS update - Page 9 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

SSB WiiU/3DS update

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

SSB WiiU/3DS update - Page 9 Empty
PostSSB WiiU/3DS update

Well.. the new Super Smash Brothers game.. they decided to remove story mode and cutscenes from the game.

What had happened was someone stole/acquiered copies of early video of several of the games cutscenes and uploaded them to youtube and other internet sites.

The games creator, Masahiro Sakurai, said this in response “Unfortunately, the movie scenes we worked hard to create were uploaded onto the internet. You can only truly wow a player the first time he sees [a cutscene]. I felt if players saw the cut scenes outside of the game, they would no longer serve as rewards for playing the game, so I’ve decided against having them.”

it seems they decided to remove the mode more because they wanted it to be a reward and felt "the reward" they were giving to people was taken away from them after working so hard on it..

It seems .. odd however and may not be what it appears as I find it difficult to believe that something that has been such a big [art of the series would just be removed.

On the same note however it would allow the series and games to focus more strictly on the fighting elements and become more of a straight fighting game then it has been in previous incarnation.....

What do you all think? would they really remove story mode and cutscenes and if they do would you rather see SSB as a full blown hard core fighting series?
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

SSB WiiU/3DS update :: Comments

BoredForLife
Re: SSB WiiU/3DS update
Post Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:44 am by BoredForLife
Actually the cpu's for me just seem to sit around waiting to get hit. Though I've never playerd a SSB game before , maybe it was worse on the previous ones...
I really should start learning the game... Looks enjoyable but I have absolutely no idea how to play :| I have read some "guides" on the controls but I still seems to be missing some stuff :<
dcj91x
Post Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:21 am by dcj91x
The demo controls aren't that great of a set up... And the CPU's on my game... Seem Random. At one point mario and the villager seem to counter all my moves, while other times mario can't seem to do anything. It seems to go from one extreem to another. Possibly though just to show off what the AI is like, it is just a demo though.
Oni Zelkami
Post Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:09 pm by Oni Zelkami
Seeing as the game just came out, anyone up for a bout or two?
Post Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:06 am by Guest
Oni Zelkami wrote:
Seeing as the game just came out, anyone up for a bout or two?

I'm waiting on the wii U version, don't want to break my 3ds's control pad.

And yes, I'm the competitive type in smash games. I probably will end up breaking it, seeing how many people have already in Japan. I'll stay using my Gcube controller.
Otoshimo
Post Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:23 am by Otoshimo
I'm on all hours of the night online on for glory If you want a few rounds.
Phazon Xenomorph
Post Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:00 am by Phazon Xenomorph
Wait this game came out? When? I didn't hear anything on that.
Chipou
Post Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:29 pm by Chipou
God damn the online is near unplayable. I can maybe almost get to two hands when counting how many out of the dozens of matches online I had where I can go more than 3 seconds without taking a 5 second break.

Also...Palutena, why do you have to be so difficult to use? Like all your attacks have beginning and ending lag. (but jesus that upsmash. It is the smash that will pierce the heavens)
Otoshimo
Post Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:23 pm by Otoshimo
Chipou wrote:
God damn the online is near unplayable. I can maybe almost get to two hands when counting how many out of the dozens of matches online I had where I can go more than 3 seconds without taking a 5 second break.

Also...Palutena, why do you have to be so difficult to use? Like all your attacks have beginning and ending lag. (but jesus that upsmash. It is the smash that will pierce the heavens)

You must have the shitty internect connection yourself or the worst luck in opponents then. No one on the pages has had any issues with lag or such except the people with admittedly bad connections on friend matches. On glory I havn't had a single problem myself outside the realm of people that ragequit.

Palutena is not that difficult, in actually. She's a character designed all around having control. focusing on her smash attacks is not her strongsuit. Excluding her upsmash her tilts are most effective, and her specials are great in keeping distance. I do wish, however, she could use her customs online. B-neutral explosive flare & Down-B Celestial Fireworks are so superior over Autoreticle & Counter.
Chipou
Post Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:56 pm by Chipou
I doubt it's me, when I do get good connections it usually goes down the pooper as soon as one of the people leaves and someone else joins.

Eh, didnt mean to give off the impression that all i do is spam b and up smash. Counters fine, but yeah autoreticle is complete garbage.Not sure if id rather have the explosion or heavenly light though. Guess itd depend on the opponent. Also she is absolutely hilarious against duck hunt.
Ares
Post Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:58 pm by Ares
I was originally going to wait for the wiiu version, but the hype train has convinced me to go ahead and order it. I was going to do digital, but had a problem with my card :/
Otoshimo
Post Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:01 pm by Otoshimo
Chipou wrote:
I doubt it's me, when I do get good connections it usually goes down the pooper as soon as one of the people leaves and someone else joins.

Eh, didnt mean to give off the impression that all i do is spam b and up smash. Counters fine, but yeah autoreticle is complete garbage.Not sure if id rather have the explosion or heavenly light though. Guess itd depend on the opponent. Also she is absolutely hilarious against duck hunt.

No impression of up-smash or B spamming given. I just understand what your issue with her is, same problem I faced trying her out myself. just offering dome feedback on the kind of playstyle she seams most efficient with.

I find Explosive flare more useful ove Heavenly Light in most situation. Heavenly Lights does more damage overall with its bigger hitbox. However the fact that it doesn't cause flinching does make palutena a easy-picking sitting target to respond to, let alone in multi-man matches. Also the pushing effect it has isn't really that useful unless you're facing really lightweight chaaracters. I find Explosive better for its broader range of use in keeping my opponent at a distance and catching them off guard, especially in stage recoveries. I've compared it to a faster-executed Dins Fire (Zeldas Side-B), and behind that logic it seems much more effective to my fighting style with Lady Palutena.
Oni Zelkami
Post Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:20 pm by Oni Zelkami
Chipou wrote:

I think it varies from person to person. I've only had minor issue with lag. Out of the 20 or so battles I've played online, only one of them was in slomo for a majority of the duration. I hear other people, you included had much more severe issues.

Also, I'm not sure I've freinded everyone who offered to battle. Could we resticky the freindcode thread?
MetaMarx
Post Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:03 pm by MetaMarx
Obsessively searching for custom moves
MetaMarx
Post Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:03 pm by MetaMarx
Obsessively searching for custom moves
Otoshimo
Post Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:17 pm by Otoshimo
Oni Zelkami wrote:

Also, I'm not sure I've freinded everyone who offered to battle. Could we resticky the freindcode thread?

...there's a friendcode thread? huh, ok. If you want my friendcode I'd rather just PM it then put it up somewhere I don't have the foggiest about.
Oni Zelkami
Post Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:39 pm by Oni Zelkami
I'll PM you mine. I'm about to leave for a little while.
Otoshimo
Post Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:13 pm by Otoshimo
Conversation at hand aside here: I would like to bring up the blight of Foxs voice acting being the most unintentionally stupidest/funniest voice in the entire series. XD
Oni Zelkami
Post Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:17 pm by Oni Zelkami
They're making a new Star Fox game, no? That's probably the new voice actor.
Otoshimo
Post Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:01 pm by Otoshimo
I will so buy that game if the actor's the same, just to hear that godawful deathscream. It's like the audio equivalency of the Wicker Man Cage/Bear punch
MetaMarx
Post Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:33 pm by MetaMarx
Holy shit Wii Fit Trainer's forward air has a spike to it if you hit someone behind you
Chipou
Post Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:35 am by Chipou
Been having some pretty darn good luck with online recently. As it turns out having a good frame rate is pretty damn important for nailing the dancing blade move. Also hot damn jigglypuff is just...idk. She feels a lot better than I remember her to be. Her pound is amazing, rest seems super easy to hit and KO's rather easily starting at ~45%(obviously depending on the person and stage...nothings more painful than going for a 60% kill and just barely failing to reach it), in fact, a majority of her attacks just feel solid(except for sing, which makes it hard to rest properly for some reason. Guess I need to practice more). She's super risky, but also equally fun and I love it.

Curious, what are you guys doing for smash run load outs? like what are you focusing on?
MetaMarx
Post Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:12 am by MetaMarx
I just tried online. I had terrible luck with connection. Each match I was put in had some awful lag. I'll have to try again later and hope for the best.

For Smash Run loadouts, I usually go for at least one of each type of power, but I leave items out most of the time to make room for more buffs. As for stats, I usually leave them as default. Though fast Ganondorf is pretty fun.
Otoshimo
Post Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:33 am by Otoshimo
No stat boost for me. I go in raw on smash run with the exclusion of the Miis and Lady Palutenas custom movesets, But I've used Palutenas custom only once thusfar. I have loadouts made but that was soley for the purpose of the achievements. But that's just me; I reside in the entirety of competitive Smash so I won't get too comfortable with all these customizations just for tourneys sake.

I'm glad to see Jiggy-wigs made a viable character again from the days of melee. She certainly is high risk/high reward, but it's definitely more fluid from brawls Jigglypuff.

I've got my tourney lineup on standby. I'm curious now, what's everyones main fighters they're running with?
Chipou
Post Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:51 am by Chipou
Regardless of what I've been saying, I'm still a casual ness at heart. I'm curious if competitive smash will allow customization(customizable specials...no way in hell are they allowing the equips), or atleast a limited version of it.

Fast ganon...I'll have to try that later. I'm currently rolling a stupid fast jigglypuff with equip abilities that start her off with a homerun bat and increases item throw damage by 50%. You know where I'm going with this right? As for abilities, jiggly being so fast heavily limits it, so I'm stuck with the floating blade attack and the power bomb. The former of which is crazy good and should be on every set. But the two abilities allow jiggly to take out giant groups and big guys quickly before she gets her special and arm boosts.
Tomderdepp
Post Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:36 am by Tomderdepp
Otoshimo wrote:
I've got my tourney lineup on standby. I'm curious now, what's everyones main fighters they're running with?

as this is my first smash (only played a little brawl on a friends Wii) i'm still experimenting a lot but for now the caracters i enjoy most are Robin, Bowser Jr., both Links and Pit(both) though i can't really seem to enjoy playing pit that much as he doesn't really have any strong attacks to finish opponents (except for the smashes)

haven't experimented with custom movesets too though much as i haven't unlocked to many special moves/items
Post  by Sponsored content

SSB WiiU/3DS update

Page 9 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next