Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
SSB WiiU/3DS update - Page 11 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
SSB WiiU/3DS update - Page 11 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

SSB WiiU/3DS update

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

SSB WiiU/3DS update - Page 11 Empty
PostSSB WiiU/3DS update

Well.. the new Super Smash Brothers game.. they decided to remove story mode and cutscenes from the game.

What had happened was someone stole/acquiered copies of early video of several of the games cutscenes and uploaded them to youtube and other internet sites.

The games creator, Masahiro Sakurai, said this in response “Unfortunately, the movie scenes we worked hard to create were uploaded onto the internet. You can only truly wow a player the first time he sees [a cutscene]. I felt if players saw the cut scenes outside of the game, they would no longer serve as rewards for playing the game, so I’ve decided against having them.”

it seems they decided to remove the mode more because they wanted it to be a reward and felt "the reward" they were giving to people was taken away from them after working so hard on it..

It seems .. odd however and may not be what it appears as I find it difficult to believe that something that has been such a big [art of the series would just be removed.

On the same note however it would allow the series and games to focus more strictly on the fighting elements and become more of a straight fighting game then it has been in previous incarnation.....

What do you all think? would they really remove story mode and cutscenes and if they do would you rather see SSB as a full blown hard core fighting series?
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

SSB WiiU/3DS update :: Comments

Otoshimo
Re: SSB WiiU/3DS update
Post Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:03 pm by Otoshimo
Dodge canceling has become the new Tech'd thing right now. Essentially all characters can do this, but 8 Characters in particular have easy access to it: Sheik, Charizard, Ness, C. Falcon, Greninja, Toon Link, Falco, and Meta Knight. Bowser and Link have access to this via their special attacks ( Bowser only really gets the benifit from this however, giving him a more deadly gameplay tech to explout with him).

D-Cancel changed up the ACTUAL tier listings now(stupid japan-list bull...), bumping up a few characters within the last few days. I'm excited to see how far it'll take some characters on ranking by the 1-month release. The list at standing right now is:

1) Rosalina & Luma
2) Sheik
3) Zero Suit Samus
4) Robin
5) Lucario
6) Sonic
7) Greninja
8) Marth
9) Fox
10) Yoshi
11) Captain Falcon
12) Lucina
13) Peach
14) Duckhunt
15) Shulk
16) Bowser
17) Ness
18) Little Mac
19) Mario
20) Link
21) Dark Pit
22) Pac-Man
23) Pit
24) Bowser Jr.
25) Diddy Kong
26) Meta Knight
27) Toon Link
28) Kirby
29) Samus
30) R.O.B.
31) Wario
32) Falco
33) Pikachu
34) Villager
35) Lady Palutena
36) Jigglypuff
37) Dr. Mario
38) King Dedede
39) Ike
40) Mr. Game & Watch
41) Mega Man
42) Wii Fit Trainer
43) Zelda
44) Luigi
45) Olimar
46) Charizard
47) Ganondorf
48) Donkey Kong
TKMT
Post Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:51 am by TKMT
8 Player Smash!
Stage Builder!
Hell Yeah!
Tomderdepp
Post Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:16 am by Tomderdepp
Mewtu as free DLC caracter announced... makes me wonder who else will join.

EDIT: oh just noticed this is only for those who have the 3DS AND WiiU version... really don't like that. all the fighters even the DLC ones should be available to everyone!
dcj91x
Post Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:52 am by dcj91x
^ I think it's a great idea.. Just like with the soundtrack. It shows that Nintendo rewards those who buy their games. Besides even if you only get the 3ds/wiiu version alone both games still have a huge roster and a great amount of content.

in case you missed anything about the stuff in Smash WiiU:

1. More than 40 Nintendo (and a few non Ninty) mascots will be available, with additional icons available to unlock later.

2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U will have the highest resolution we’ve seen yet in the series.

3. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U will support up to eight players at once, but only on certain stages, specially designed with extra size to account for the extra madness…and only in local multilayer.

4. These bigger stages include Palutena’s Temple, Hyrule Temple, and a larger Battlefield. They will appear less regularly in online multiplayer, where battles will have a smaller player count.

5. Danger Zones can be lethal. If a player with over 100% touches a danger zone, expect to be instantly KOd.

6. Based on Donkey Kong Country Returns, the Dual-plane Jungle Hijinx stage lets players jump between the foreground and background while battling.

7. The Wii U version has significantly more stages than Smash 3DS, and they will be structured differently, too. We got a look at several levels, including Bridge of Eldin, two Mario Circuit Stages, Onett, and Pokemon Stadium.

8. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U will include a Miiverse Stage, where Miiverse posts on specific fighters will be slotted into the fray.

9. During Palutena’s Temple, Palutena, Viridi and other characters from Kid Icarus will converse with Pit, and talk about the other characters on the stage.

10. Metal Face will only appear on Gaur Plain at night, and will also provide a spot of commentary.You can also KO him if he talks too much trash.

11. Metroid bad guy and awesome evil space dragon Ridley will appear in the Pyrosphere stage. If a player attacks him enough, he’ll join that player’s side. He will also transform into Meta Ridley if he consumes enough energy.This is as close as we’ll get to playing as him (sigh).

12. Coin battles return, letting players compete for coins that fall from fighters when they’re hit or launched off platforms.

13. Stamina battles are also returning. If your HP reaches zero, you’re done. Pretty standard.

14. Special Smash Mode returns, letting you customize matches in the way that you like.

15. Adjust the frequency of items, or turn items off all together.

16. My Music will allow you to select how often the music changes.

17. Menu music can also be customised.

18. Pretty much all the music from the 3DS version of Smash Bros. will be included in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U.

19. Loads of composers were involved in the music for the game this time.

20. As in Brawl, players can pick up new tracks by discovering CDs, made available while smashing or after completing challenges.

21. Players must complete various challenges to fill out all of the spaces in the challenge section, similar to Smash 3DS and Brawl.

22. Classic Mode has you fighting a series of battles until you reach the final showdown. In the 3DS version, players chose their path based on three difficulties. Here, you’ll move forward based on your skill in the previous fight. You can change the difficulty in this mode by adjusting the intensity. The harder it is, the more swag you bag.

23. If you clear classic mode, you’ll get a clear movie, as in Melee and Brawl.

24. All-Star Mode returns, as you fight opponents appear in chronological order. However, you’ll fight the newest fighters first and go back in time until you can pound on Mario. Two players can play through this mode together.

25. In Event Mode, you take on themed battles, clearing stages to see the path forward on a map.

26. Smash Tour is a brand new mode. It looks like a mix between Smash Bros. and Mario Party, Smash Tour tasks you with spinning a wheel to advance round the map, using items as and when. Instead of moving pieces around, you’ll move your Miis. Advance round the board, and collect more fighters to use in battle. Land on the same space as another player? Prepare for a Smash, and if you win, you’ll get to swipe a fighter off their roster. Collecting as many fighters as possible is key for the final battle, which plays out as a kind of Team match with the fighters you collected.

27. Target Blast, which gives you a time bomb to launch toward targets, has been adjusted a little from the 3DS version. This time round, the second bomb you launch will be much bigger, with a bigger explosion.

28. Stadium Mode now supports multiplayer (up to four players).

29. Master and Crazy Orders Modes were also revealed. In Master Orders, challenge yourself to gain higher rewards, however you’ll only get one chance. Crazy Orders requires gold or other special passes to pay. The challenge here is to survive battle after battle until you face off with Crazy Hand, but if you’re knocked out you lose your rewards, so it’s all about pushing yourself to play smart.

30. The God awful Master Core from Smash 3DS has gone and got a new form on Wii U, known as Master Fortress. It’ll appear on higher intensity in classic mode and you’ll need to make your way through a dungeon to smash its face in.

31. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U supports a LOT of controllers: the GameCube controller, the Classic Wii Controller, the Nunchuck, the Wii Remote Plus, the Wii U GamePad, the Pro Classic Controller, and the 3DS.

32. Play with a GameCube controller via a GameCube Controller adapter which plugs into your Wii U’s USB port.

33. You can use your 3DS as a controller.

34. You can import your custom fighter from the 3DS version, including equipment and custom moves, into Super Smash Bros. for Wii U.

35. So. Many. Trophies.

36. You’ll get a final smash trophy for your character if you beat All Star Mode with said character.

37. Trophy boxes will allow completionists new ways to gaze at their models.

38. Photograph your trophies for fun in the Photo Studio.

39. Trophy Rush returns from the 3DS, and can now be played with two players.

40. Masterpiece Mode allows you to play demo-sized versions of classic Nintendo titles. They include Super Metroid, and Super Mario World. If you like them (and you will) you can buy them straight from Smash, using the eShop.

41. Amiibos!

42. Connectivity: Nintendo recommends the Wii LAN Adapter if your wi-fi connection is dodgy.

43. Automatic notifications will spring up on the main Menu.

44. You can now pair up with a friend locally to compete “With Anyone” online.

45. Nintendo has promised online tournaments will be an option at some point, with custom options.

46. Tournaments will support up to 64 players.

47. You can play offscreen on the Gamepad, or simply use it to display alternate info, including how much damage you’re taking in battle.

48. You take photos with the GamePad, and then draw on your shots using a paint feature.

49. You can talk with friends via the mic on your GamePad, although this functionality is limited to before and after a match. Presumably, Nintendo don’t want anyone swearing over the internet when they’re whacked by a final smash.

50. A new Stage Builder allows you to design your own Smash Bros. stages, using fixed background templates and themes. Use the Wii U Gamepad to draw freely, and create anything you want.

51. At a later date, you’ll be able to share your custom stages, photos, and the like with other folks online.

52. Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings were shown in a trailer (not news for anyone who has the 3DS version)

53. Mewtwo will be a DLC bonus character for anyone who buys Smash Bros 3DS AND Smash Bros Wii U. He won’t be ready till Spring, but can be used on both versions.

Smash Bros Wii U will be released November 21st in America.

and the video:

MetaMarx
Post Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:01 pm by MetaMarx
Most excited for 8 player smash. It's going to be chaotic as all hell.
dcj91x
Post Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:59 am by dcj91x
MetaMarx wrote:
Most excited for 8 player smash. It's going to be chaotic as all hell.

What's cool about the 8 player smash is the variety of whats you can choose to controll it to include using 2 gamecude adapters.

Nintendo confirmed that you can have 1 adapter on the front of the wiiu and on on the back to hock up 8 gamecube controllers at once to play together... or use the gamepad+4 game cube controllers and 3 controller pros.. or however you want....

Last edited by dcj91x on Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:12 am by Guest
"camecude"

also 8 gamecube controllers? hoh

*imagines 8 player F-zero GX*
dcj91x
Post Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:07 pm by dcj91x
Vortiene wrote:
*imagines 8 player F-zero GX*

Not a true F-zero but Fast Racing Neo could always do it...

anyways.. Thoug I still have 4 GC controllers I don't think I'm going to buy a second adapter and 4 more controllers.. especially since no other games nore Gamecube VC games have been confirmed as of yet. (even though my hopes for them are out there!)
MetaMarx
Post Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:03 pm by MetaMarx
I should probably go online more often. I do once in a while, but the gap between playing makes the input lag jarring and I have to get used to it again.
Tomderdepp
Post Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:20 pm by Tomderdepp
i really love the feature where you can bet on online fights. but i just got really dissapointed by that feature! it seems this aren't actually live fights that you are betting on, but videos of fights that took place some time ago.

so i just betted on a few fights: first one was a team battle wario and game&watch against bowser jr and kirby. then there are a few other fights and suddenly i see the same matchup again, so i think it might just be the same party still fighting each other, suspecting nothing bad. but then about 10 sec into the fight i got a pretty strong sense of dejavu and that sense didn't stop for the rest of the fight.
Verity19
Post Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:15 pm by Verity19
Tomderdepp wrote:
i really love the feature where you can bet on online fights. but i just got really dissapointed by that feature! it seems this aren't actually live fights that you are betting on, but videos of fights that took place some time ago.

Would make sense if this is the case, since it would prove to be difficult to keep having to find battles that haven't started yet but have all the characters chosen and ready for battle, since that's the screen you're shown to bid on. If they used live battles, the bidder might make their bid and then suddenly come into watching the battle when it's already halfway finished, which can leave you wondering how the battle got to that point, wondering what all you missed. Might cause some unhappy players among the bidders.
Might cause more lag, too, since you would then have everyone who's battling plus everyone who's placed bid(s) watching them battle all at once. Not sure those in fights would appreciate the possibility of unnecessary extra lag, and if they added an option for whether or not fighters wanted to allow bidders (a way to prevent unexpected third party lag), bidding might become impossible to do due to all fights deciding no on that.
Tomderdepp
Post Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:48 am by Tomderdepp
Verity19 wrote:
Tomderdepp wrote:

Would make sense if this is the case, since it would prove to be difficult to keep having to find battles that haven't started yet but have all the characters chosen and ready for battle, since that's the screen you're shown to bid on. If they used live battles, the bidder might make their bid and then suddenly come into watching the battle when it's already halfway finished, which can leave you wondering how the battle got to that point, wondering what all you missed. Might cause some unhappy players among the bidders.
Might cause more lag, too, since you would then have everyone who's battling plus everyone who's placed bid(s) watching them battle all at once. Not sure those in fights would appreciate the possibility of unnecessary extra lag, and if they added an option for whether or not fighters wanted to allow bidders (a way to prevent unexpected third party lag), bidding might become impossible to do due to all fights deciding no on that.

yeah looking at it now it makes sense. but they are always acting as if it was live battles... so it kinda took me by surprise when i found out. kinda takes a lot of the fun out of it though
Verity19
Post Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:19 pm by Verity19
Tomderdepp wrote:
yeah looking at it now it makes sense. but they are always acting as if it was live battles... so it kinda took me by surprise when i found out. kinda takes a lot of the fun out of it though

Definitely understandable, and yeah, it does take a considerable amount of the fun out of it, since rather than bidding on something happening right now, right after you've placed your bids, you're bidding on something that's already been said and done, that's outcome is already known by the system, even if you don't know it yet, and was decided however long ago.
Would be great if the battles could be live and the issues of lag and such weren't a thing. I would be all for that Yes by vort
Chipou
Post Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:13 am by Chipou
It's definitally replays. From what I've heard, people have even gotten repeat matches to bet on and their own matches lol.
Tomderdepp
Post Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:30 am by Tomderdepp
Chipou wrote:
It's definitally replays. From what I've heard, people have even gotten repeat matches to bet on and their own matches lol.

yeah as i saic i saw the exact same match twice (with a few others in between)
Verity19
Post Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:26 pm by Verity19
Chipou wrote:
From what I've heard, people have even gotten repeat matches to bet on and their own matches lol.

People have gotten their own matches to bet on..? Now that would make it too easy, unless it's been long enough that they've forgotten the match's outcome or have done enough battles since that they've forgotten.
Of course, there are also those matches you never forget, whether it's because of how close it was or how shocking the turnout was, whatever the reason may have been. Those would be easy to bid on and win x3
Surprised they don't have any way to prevent this from occurring, though, but I guess it shall just happen when it happens.
TKMT
Post Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:16 am by TKMT
Tomderdepp wrote:

so i just betted on a few fights: first one was a team battle wario and game&watch against bowser jr and kirby. then there are a few other fights and suddenly i see the same matchup again, so i think it might just be the same party still fighting each other, suspecting nothing bad. but then about 10 sec into the fight i got a pretty strong sense of dejavu and that sense didn't stop for the rest of the fight.
Honestly, I'm glad that spectating isn't live.
The matches already lag so much on occasion in even 1v1 matches, now I have players having to stream my match, bringing even more strain in connection? Oh, the horror... :<
Otoshimo
Post Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:27 pm by Otoshimo
Just to clarify... Since Brawl when online was incorporated in smash, spectator mode has always bern replays of matches and not live matches. Obviously for the sake of lag-o-molasses.

yet another patch is coming out once again next month, expected to be around December 12 give or take (i bet on after that date). It's mainly to 'fix' several character action & hitbox flaws, update the online shit, can't play online without it blah blahblah same as the last patch 2 weeks ago. However, due note that the description specificly states that any replay data saved prior to this new patch will not be operable once you download this update.

that really sucks... I really wanted to keep my match from our 1st Tournament up here... It got really friecking intense & got the crowd roaring... *sigh* but oh well...
MetaMarx
Post Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:44 pm by MetaMarx
Yeah I wish the replays were actual filmed replays instead of bots acting everything out. I won't be able to keep my replay of breaking a jigglypuff's shield. I had no idea that was a way you could KO Jiggs. The other two players who were fighting each other literally stopped for a couple seconds to try and figure out what the hell happened.
Tomderdepp
Post Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:08 pm by Tomderdepp
MetaMarx wrote:
Yeah I wish the replays were actual filmed replays instead of bots acting everything out. I won't be able to keep my replay of breaking a jigglypuff's shield. I had no idea that was a way you could KO Jiggs. The other two players who were fighting each other literally stopped for a couple seconds to try and figure out what the hell happened.

that even works if jigglypuff "destroys" it's shield on it's own (press block button too long), i've even seen some tournaments starting their matches off with jigg sefldestructing that way.
Verity19
Post Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:42 pm by Verity19
Otoshimo wrote:
Since Brawl when online was incorporated in smash, spectator mode has always bern replays of matches and not live matches. Obviously for the sake of lag-o-molasses.

yet another patch is coming out once again next month, expected to be around December 12 give or take (i bet on after that date). However, due note that the description specificly states that any replay data saved prior to this new patch will not be operable once you download this update.

True, they always have been just recorded replays. Pretty sure my brothers and I encountered at least one incident of encountering the same match twice when we used to do the bidding on the Wii SSB.

Looks like I'll have a patch to watch for after finals week, though it really is unfortunate that replays made prior to this patch won't work after it's obtained... Anyone know if there's a way to save them onto the SD card and put them onto another device through it, ex. computer? Sounds like there are some good ones people have here that I'd honestly like to see, and it would be a good way to get around this patch problem.

MetaMarx wrote:
I won't be able to keep my replay of breaking a jigglypuff's shield. I had no idea that was a way you could KO Jiggs. The other two players who were fighting each other literally stopped for a couple seconds to try and figure out what the hell happened.

I remember my brothers had some fun with the idea of how Jigglypuff doesn't get stunned if they hold their shield too long, but end up KO-ing themselves instead, on the Wii version, but we never did break one's shield with another character like that before, so I had no idea this was possible... This sounds great, I really want to see this xD
MetaMarx
Post Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:28 pm by MetaMarx
Just realized that the game along with the first wave of amiibo come out next Friday. I pre-ordered the game bundle with GC controller and adapter. I didn't pre-order any amiibo though. I want to look at the amiibo in the store and look at their paint jobs. Amiibo hunting will be stressful.
TKMT
Post Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:00 pm by TKMT
MetaMarx wrote:
This was a thing since Super Smash Bros. 64. ^.^
Otoshimo
Post Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:47 am by Otoshimo
Verity19 wrote:
Otoshimo wrote:
Since Brawl when online was incorporated in smash, spectator mode has always bern replays of matches and not live matches. Obviously for the sake of lag-o-molasses.

yet another patch is coming out once again next month, expected to be around December 12 give or take (i bet on after that date). However, due note that the description specificly states that any replay data saved prior to this new patch will not be operable once you download this update.

Looks like I'll have a patch to watch for after finals week, though it really is unfortunate that replays made prior to this patch won't work after it's obtained... Anyone know if there's a way to save them onto the SD card and put them onto another device through it, ex. computer? Sounds like there are some good ones people have here that I'd honestly like to see, and it would be a good way to get around this patch problem. [/color]

Capture card your DS and record your Smash Replays.

And sinve Metamarx brought it up, pre-ordering Smash Bros. Wii U at your local Toys-R-Us gives you a complimentary Amiibo figurine of your choice. Sering as how alone each figure is like $14.99 (plus most vendors are ALREADY sold out...), it may be a worthwhile venture to invest in if you're really wanting one.
MetaMarx
Post Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:45 am by MetaMarx
Things that people seem to have trouble dealing with: Wario's Bike and Wario's Bite. On top of that, you really don't see a lot of Wario players. I had a match where I used Wario's bite to kill someone while they were trying to reco- ... oh... there isn't a point to saving replays anymore.
Post  by Sponsored content

SSB WiiU/3DS update

Page 11 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next