Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!

MH4Ultimate releases this Friday, February 13th!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk
 
Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
What's hunting you?

Share | 
 

 I have MH3U now.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin


Thank you Points : 96

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: I have MH3U now.   Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:57 am

Not the most constructive post in the world but as many of you know, I was dying to get a Wii U and play this, finally I have acquired it. After some struggling with long system update downloads (i have amazing internet), and slow installs, and then making a Nintendo net ID thingy so I can have access to the DLC, I am finally up and playing.

Currently just messing about offline mode but I will try it out online soon.

What I could use is some clarification about the Tanzia port choices.

I can understand that Solo means the Tanzia port solo, and Multi means multplayer with other hunters.

My question is this though. What is Network mode?

Also what's the point of the other choices on Tanzia, so far I only have Marina open to me, what's at the Tavern? And is the Multi version of Tanzia got truly harder monsters than the solo version port?

Look forward to hunting with you all soon.
Back to top Go down
MetaMarx
Rathalos


Thank you Points : 16

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code: 4382-2261-9491
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: I have MH3U now.   Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:01 am

Network Mode is online mode, and Multi is local with a 3DS. The Tavern is where you can eat and initiate quests.
Back to top Go down
Streiter
Kelbi


Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: I have MH3U now.   Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:09 am

MetaMarx is exactly right.

The difference between monsters from what I under stand is that Solo Tanzai Monsters have slightly more health than the Village monsters and maybe hit harder.

Multi port monsters have much more health and hit harder to level out the possibility of multiple hunters.

Network is online, monsters difficulty equals that of multi port.

If you want company while hunting or help killing stuff, send me a pm or respond to me here. We can meet up and I will help you with what I can. It's what I enjoy doing.
Back to top Go down
Yamatsu
Admin


Thank you Points : 96

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: I have MH3U now.   Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:35 am

@Streiter wrote:
Multi port monsters have much more health and hit harder to level out the possibility of multiple hunters.
I thought 3U had no health/damage scaling AT ALL for multiplayer.
Can you confirm this? I noticed no difference whatsoever when switching from solo to multi port.
Back to top Go down
bill_the_noob
Bnahabra


Thank you Points : 17

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): France

PostSubject: Re: I have MH3U now.   Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:36 am

@Yamatsu wrote:
@Streiter wrote:
Multi port monsters have much more health and hit harder to level out the possibility of multiple hunters.
I thought 3U had no health/damage scaling AT ALL for multiplayer.
Can you confirm this? I noticed no difference whatsoever when switching from solo to multi port.
there's no difference in monster health/attack between solo/multi port
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin


Thank you Points : 96

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: I have MH3U now.   Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:19 am

@bill_the_noob wrote:
@Yamatsu wrote:
@Streiter wrote:
Multi port monsters have much more health and hit harder to level out the possibility of multiple hunters.
I thought 3U had no health/damage scaling AT ALL for multiplayer.
Can you confirm this? I noticed no difference whatsoever when switching from solo to multi port.
there's no difference in monster health/attack between solo/multi port
That makes no sense, why would a monsters health and attack stay the same when more hunters are present? Where are you getting your information from?
Back to top Go down
Yamatsu
Admin


Thank you Points : 96

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: I have MH3U now.   Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:26 am

Nova wrote:
@bill_the_noob wrote:
@Yamatsu wrote:
@Streiter wrote:
Multi port monsters have much more health and hit harder to level out the possibility of multiple hunters.
I thought 3U had no health/damage scaling AT ALL for multiplayer.
Can you confirm this? I noticed no difference whatsoever when switching from solo to multi port.
there's no difference in monster health/attack between solo/multi port
That makes no sense, why would a monsters health and attack stay the same when more hunters are present? Where are you getting your information from?
Um that's the way it is. A reason people complain 3U is so easy is because of that. You kill stuff VERY fast with 3 or 4 people and solo is well doable. I don't remember any prior MH game having scaling to multiple players.
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin


Thank you Points : 96

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: I have MH3U now.   Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:44 am

@Yamatsu wrote:
Nova wrote:
@bill_the_noob wrote:
@Yamatsu wrote:
@Streiter wrote:
Multi port monsters have much more health and hit harder to level out the possibility of multiple hunters.
I thought 3U had no health/damage scaling AT ALL for multiplayer.
Can you confirm this? I noticed no difference whatsoever when switching from solo to multi port.
there's no difference in monster health/attack between solo/multi port
That makes no sense, why would a monsters health and attack stay the same when more hunters are present? Where are you getting your information from?
Um that's the way it is. A reason people complain 3U is so easy is because of that. You kill stuff VERY fast with 3 or 4 people and solo is well doable. I don't remember any prior MH game having scaling to multiple players.
So online mode has monsters that aren't harder than solo tanzia port?
Back to top Go down
Lucas
Rathalos


Thank you Points : 60

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: I have MH3U now.   Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:00 am

Tanzia = Loc lac + the option to stay offline
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin


Thank you Points : 96

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: I have MH3U now.   Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:12 am

@Lucas wrote:
Tanzia = Loc lac + the option to stay offline
Interesting. I took a look at Tanzia for a few moments before logging off, there's no hunter living space like in Loc Lac, at least none I could find, how am I gonna show off all the furniture I get? Unless I overlooked it?

It seems and feels so much smaller than Loc Lac is. It's like one strip and the guild area to sign up for a quest and that's it.
Back to top Go down
TheLaw
Moderator


Thank you Points : 10

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code: 0748-2193-3471
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Australia

PostSubject: Re: I have MH3U now.   Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:20 am

Nova wrote:
@Yamatsu wrote:
Nova wrote:
@bill_the_noob wrote:
there's no difference in monster health/attack between solo/multi port
That makes no sense, why would a monsters health and attack stay the same when more hunters are present? Where are you getting your information from?
Um that's the way it is. A reason people complain 3U is so easy is because of that. You kill stuff VERY fast with 3 or 4 people and solo is well doable. I don't remember any prior MH game having scaling to multiple players.
So online mode has monsters that aren't harder than solo tanzia port?

Okay so... the Village is offline solo/Story mode...

Port has 3 modes essentially...

Solo - You can bring Kayamba and Cha-Cha with you alongside your hunts, basically it's like village solo but with quicker access to monsters/ranks

Multi (Local Play) - You can connect with others with a 3DS and the 3DS version on MH3U for a total of four players, if you have 2 people you can bring a shakala companion, but only 4 characters are allowed

Network Mode -  Same as the Multi Mode, but you use the online features... (This mode isn't available on the 3DS version)

as far as I can tell on the HP/Attack Scaling... it isn't evident, Solo/Multi and Network Modes' Monsters all have the same HP and Attack for their corresponding Ranks. - I guess that's a flaw with having the game on a portable console with you soloing it most of the time and only meeting up with friends for your 'urgents' or something like that... and capcom were too lazy to be bothered to change that because of incompatibility  issues between platforms...

Hope this clears up some of the confusion for you.
Back to top Go down
http://mhwiki.forumotion.net/u3769
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin


Thank you Points : 96

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: I have MH3U now.   Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:01 am

@TheLaw wrote:
Nova wrote:
@Yamatsu wrote:
Nova wrote:
@bill_the_noob wrote:
there's no difference in monster health/attack between solo/multi port
That makes no sense, why would a monsters health and attack stay the same when more hunters are present? Where are you getting your information from?
Um that's the way it is. A reason people complain 3U is so easy is because of that. You kill stuff VERY fast with 3 or 4 people and solo is well doable. I don't remember any prior MH game having scaling to multiple players.
So online mode has monsters that aren't harder than solo tanzia port?

Okay so... the Village is offline solo/Story mode...

Port has 3 modes essentially...

Solo - You can bring Kayamba and Cha-Cha with you alongside your hunts, basically it's like village solo but with quicker access to monsters/ranks

Multi (Local Play) - You can connect with others with a 3DS and the 3DS version on MH3U for a total of four players, if you have 2 people you can bring a shakala companion, but only 4 characters are allowed

Network Mode -  Same as the Multi Mode, but you use the online features... (This mode isn't available on the 3DS version)

as far as I can tell on the HP/Attack Scaling... it isn't evident, Solo/Multi and Network Modes' Monsters all have the same HP and Attack for their corresponding Ranks. - I guess that's a flaw with having the game on a portable console with you soloing it most of the time and only meeting up with friends for your 'urgents' or something like that... and capcom were too lazy to be bothered to change that because of incompatibility  issues between platforms...

Hope this clears up some of the confusion for you.
Yeah, thanks. I appreciate it. Just a bit disappointing news as I adored MHFU difficulty, especially at G Rank which won't take me very long to reach once I reroll, next time I boot the game I'm checking my charm table via fish method, if it's not something good like 10, I'm not wasting time on the character as I'll easily go 150 to 300+ hours on this game if the gameplay is good. Don't wanna waste time on a character that's got a bad selection (Capcom needs to fire whoever designed that charm system vs the Tri version ).
Back to top Go down
Streiter
Kelbi


Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: I have MH3U now.   Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:06 am

Nova wrote:
@TheLaw wrote:
Nova wrote:
@Yamatsu wrote:
Um that's the way it is. A reason people complain 3U is so easy is because of that. You kill stuff VERY fast with 3 or 4 people and solo is well doable. I don't remember any prior MH game having scaling to multiple players.
So online mode has monsters that aren't harder than solo tanzia port?

Okay so... the Village is offline solo/Story mode...

Port has 3 modes essentially...

Solo - You can bring Kayamba and Cha-Cha with you alongside your hunts, basically it's like village solo but with quicker access to monsters/ranks

Multi (Local Play) - You can connect with others with a 3DS and the 3DS version on MH3U for a total of four players, if you have 2 people you can bring a shakala companion, but only 4 characters are allowed

Network Mode -  Same as the Multi Mode, but you use the online features... (This mode isn't available on the 3DS version)

as far as I can tell on the HP/Attack Scaling... it isn't evident, Solo/Multi and Network Modes' Monsters all have the same HP and Attack for their corresponding Ranks. - I guess that's a flaw with having the game on a portable console with you soloing it most of the time and only meeting up with friends for your 'urgents' or something like that... and capcom were too lazy to be bothered to change that because of incompatibility  issues between platforms...

Hope this clears up some of the confusion for you.
Yeah, thanks. I appreciate it. Just a bit disappointing news as I adored MHFU difficulty, especially at G Rank which won't take me very long to reach once I reroll, next time I boot the game I'm checking my charm table via fish method, if it's not something good like 10, I'm not wasting time on the character as I'll easily go 150 to 300+ hours on this game if the gameplay is good. Don't wanna waste time on a character that's got a bad selection (Capcom needs to fire whoever designed that charm system vs the Tri version ).
Allow me to correct myself. I did some quick research and best way I can show you is by this youtube video.



This explains that village quest have the lowest health
Where as tanzai solo and multi monsters have the same health.

I am sorry for producing wrongful information about damage and monsters health. It was what I had read before and was informed of. My apologies.

Also I am sorry if posting this youtube video is against the rules, I tried just posting the link so it was not a direct link but I am not that snazzy at such things. If it is against the rules please inform me how to do the link properly and I will fix my post.
Back to top Go down
TheLaw
Moderator


Thank you Points : 10

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code: 0748-2193-3471
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Australia

PostSubject: Re: I have MH3U now.   Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:57 am

@Streiter wrote:
Allow me to correct myself. I did some quick research and best way I can show you is by this youtube video.



This explains that village quest have the lowest health
Where as tanzai solo and multi monsters have the same health.

I am sorry for producing wrongful information about damage and monsters health. It was what I had read before and was informed of. My apologies.

Also I am sorry if posting this youtube video is against the rules, I tried just posting the link so it was not a direct link but I am not that snazzy at such things. If it is against the rules please inform me how to do the link properly and I will fix my post.
You're youtube post is fine, people link the video like that all the time, anywho, the main reason is that people can see where you when wrong and you corrected yourself, and we don't really have any issues with anyone linking to videos within posts

Nova: Most charm tables will do the trick, I went ahead into the game and got on Table 9, I think that table is a good table to be on, most tables will have basic charms that you can use, so it's not too bad.
Back to top Go down
http://mhwiki.forumotion.net/u3769
Antari18
Seltas Queen


Thank you Points : 9

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: I have MH3U now.   Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:33 pm

I'm also on table 9 and it's pretty good for gunners/bow users. After 600 hours got my first basic Handicraft+5 tali so yeah
Back to top Go down
http://gbforever.net
Ataraxia
Rajang


Thank you Points : 33

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: I have MH3U now.   Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:16 pm

I dunno what table I'm on, and I can't really be bothered finding out. I've only just hit G-Rank and I've collected a few fairly decent talismans already; without even looking for them or going on charm runs or whatever. Considering there are tens of thousands of different talismans available on each table (aside from the cursed ones IIRC) I don't think it really matters unless you wanna snipe a particular one.

Also something to add; the Tavern option as opposed to the Marina option when compared to Tri's online rooms is essentially cutting out the run past the various shops and instead warping straight to the quest counter. The Marina is like entering the room the normal way, and is where the forge is and such.
Back to top Go down
Crystalis
Najarala


Thank you Points : 26

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code: 3909-8402-8213
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: I have MH3U now.   Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:22 pm

I don't know what table I'm in, and frankly, I don't really care, since pretty much all of them have some good talismans, and I'm not really into uberspecifics anyway.

But so far, my three best are:
Gloves Off +6/Flame Aura +11
Thunder Res +10
Expert+5/Dragon Res+3

But I suppose I'll get better/more ones when I hit G-rank, I guess.

@Ataraxia wrote:
I dunno what table I'm on, and I can't really be bothered finding out. I've only just hit G-Rank and I've collected a few fairly decent talismans already; without even looking for them or going on charm runs or whatever.
Always just ahead of me, aren't you? Blahhh. I'm in HR Port quests. :V
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen


Thank you Points : 9

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: I have MH3U now.   Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:41 pm

Crystalis you're in table:

Spoiler:
 

Maybe you don't wanna know so i put spoiler here.
Back to top Go down
http://gbforever.net
Crystalis
Najarala


Thank you Points : 26

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code: 3909-8402-8213
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: I have MH3U now.   Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:50 pm

So where can I go to check the whole table? And I don't mean that table in the sticky with the Handicraft/Sharpness ones, because that only has Handicraft/Sharpness talis. :V

When I downloaded Athene's program, I got like 120 viruses and malicious files that I had to remove, so I'd rather not try that again.
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin


Thank you Points : 96

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: I have MH3U now.   Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:07 am

@Crystalis wrote:
So where can I go to check the whole table? And I don't mean that table in the sticky with the Handicraft/Sharpness ones, because that only has Handicraft/Sharpness talis. :V

When I downloaded Athene's program, I got like 120 viruses and malicious files that I had to remove, so I'd rather not try that again.
That's odd, you sure you got it from the right place? I downloaded it just fine, and  I ran a malwarebytes (fully updated) and An AVG scan on it before opening and both scans came up 100% clean
Back to top Go down
Gilgames
Melynx


Thank you Points : 1

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: I have MH3U now.   Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:55 am

I'm in table 4 i think. So far my best charms are guard up+5 000 and evasion+3 edgemaster+2.
It took me over 60 mining runs to get handicraft +4 however.
EDIT: i checked again and i'm in table 1.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: I have MH3U now.   Today at 5:23 pm

Back to top Go down
 
I have MH3U now.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Lets talk control options MH3U (3DS)
» Go PLay MH3U NOW!!!! or well sooner than March..
» MH3U companion Guide!!! For the West
» 3D MH3U on the WiiU
» MH3U fun facts

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monster Hunter Wiki Forum :: Nintendo :: Wii U :: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate-
Jump to: