Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Blademaster seeks Gunner class Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Blademaster seeks Gunner class Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Blademaster seeks Gunner class

Go down 
+4
Un-Tan
Gilgames
aninymouse
Oh Geez
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Oh Geez
Kelbi
Oh Geez

Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

Blademaster seeks Gunner class Empty
PostSubject: Blademaster seeks Gunner class   Blademaster seeks Gunner class Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 12:10 am

Same as description. Looking for weapon types, specific weapons of said types, and armour sets. I'm Village 9, HR6. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Light Bowgun  Heavy Bowgun  Bow 
Back to top Go down
aninymouse
Jaggi
aninymouse

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Blademaster seeks Gunner class   Blademaster seeks Gunner class Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 2:02 am

Well, bow is almost completely different from light and heavy bowguns. Light bowgun is probably the easiest to start out with... in that you have a huge variety of ammo to pick from, you can do quick evasive maneuvers, and rapid-fire explosives are stupid powerful in this game. There are lots of elemental guns for monsters with weaknesses... In groups, they're the best weapon for status effects. Very open to different styles of play.

Heavy bowguns are better for doing damage with the raw damage shots, but the walking, unsheathing and sheathing speed are really slow. Seige mode is a lot of fun, but you're very vulnerable to attacks. Heavy bowgun is satisfying, but takes more practice. It does most of the stuff the light bowgun does, really, but only really excells at doing raw damage and looking awesome. Does nice, consistent damage, though. Kill times will be pretty good.

Both bowguns are a little more user-friendly, since if you don't like pierce, there's tons of other options. You can support blademasters in almost any way, though hunting horn is still better at that. The aiming reticule is super-easy to use, very percise, and in general your ammo has a tad more range than the bow's arrows.

Bows cost tons less money to use, long-term. Unlimited arrows, and all. Coatings aren't very expensive, and you don't have to use them all the time, unlike bowgun shots. Bow play style is kinda like a hammer you shoot, I suppose. It can do big damage in bursts, but you have to charge it. You can walk while you charge, but you can also aim on the fly. Bow feels more like a blademaster weapon in your hands, in a way. However, bows are in some ways more complicated than bowguns when it comes to doing maximum damage. If you don't know what you're doing, killing stuff with the bow takes forever. I've used almost nothing but the bow in MH3U, and I don't miss any of the other weapons much, to be honest. Simple but deep.
Back to top Go down
Oh Geez
Kelbi
Oh Geez

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Blademaster seeks Gunner class   Blademaster seeks Gunner class Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 2:10 am

Which type would you recommend, and a few good armour sets for it?
Back to top Go down
Gilgames
Melynx
Gilgames

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Blademaster seeks Gunner class   Blademaster seeks Gunner class Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 4:05 am

I would recommend heavy bowgun, but i've only recently started using ranged classes. I can now kill any monster with bowguns, even diablos. But bows... I need lots of practice before i can use the
r-button aiming. Seriously, whats the point of an aiming system that moves so ridiculously fast compared to bowgun aiming?
But still, bow's an amazing class too, and i can understand how it's seemingly the most popular ranged class in this game.
Back to top Go down
Un-Tan
Seltas Queen
Un-Tan

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Blademaster seeks Gunner class   Blademaster seeks Gunner class Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 6:40 am

I'd recommend all of them. There really is no reason why you shouldn't play all kinds of weapons. Unless you're like me and make a weapon specific character. But hey, I worked around that problem by making a second character that will use all and any weapons(except HBG as I got an entire character just for that)!
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

Thank you Points : 32

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations

PostSubject: Re: Blademaster seeks Gunner class   Blademaster seeks Gunner class Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 11:26 am

My personal preference is the LBG. And you are not supposed to use the Analog stick to aim. Use the directional pad. Its nice and measured movement. You can also use crosshairs (R1) to get a better idea how your shots are going out, and what deviation you are getting, if any.

To start out gunning, I would recommend recoil down, only because you are going to need as much time as possible to learn when to move, and you can use the big damage bullets. Recoil down makes it so that bullets that have a lot of recoil, don't do it as much, like the Pierce 3 shots, or the status shots, and this allows you to gun n run more effectively. Once you are comfortable doing this, you can proceed to do reload down, and try to reload and shoot without having to be so far away. Once you can fight closer than 5 rolls away from the monsters, you can start doing elemental shots. The reason I mention these after reload and recoil, is because elemental shots are distance based. The farther away, the less effective they are, and at about 5 rolls away from a monster, they do not do any damage... in fact, you will not even see the animation of them.

Once you have gotten used to these, start doing the multishots. When you start multishot, not only is this the equivalent of a very long recoil on a single shot, it also does significantly more damage than one. But the "recoil" duration on the shots is fixed. All elementals and normal shots are on short recoil, and all status aflictions are on really long recoil. The rest fall somewhere in between.

One disadvantage of gunners, is lack of ammunition, specially when going solo or doing Free - Hunts in moga village. In a G rank battle with 3 other people, you will rarely, if ever, run out of your preferred multishot (with the exception of crag, cluster, dragon or status), before the monster bites the dust.
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Blademaster seeks Gunner class   Blademaster seeks Gunner class Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 12:23 pm

Welcome to the ranged class!

Basics:

HBG - Good for RAW power. (Normal, Pellet, Pierce) Very slow movement speed. Siege mode which allows you to crouch down and continously fire specific ammo listed for that gun at the cost of immobility. Removing the limiter takes away the ability to seige mode, in return you get an attack boost.

LBG - Good for Elemental and Status. Fast movement speed, lower raw damage compared to HBG. Ability to Rapid Fire ammo, when you rapid fire you cant move until after you shoot the ammo. You can dash to the Right/Left and backwards. Removing the limiter removes the ability to rapid fire, instead you can Load all of your ammo at once.

Bow -
Good for Elemental (also pretty good for normal and status). Very good mobility. You can load different types of arrow coatings. You can shoot an Arc Shot: Blast, spread, and focus. Bows normally shoot either: Rapid, Pierce, or Spread. Like the LBG, you can dash right/leftjump Backwards.

HBGs to consider:

Spoiler:

LBGs:

Spoiler:

Bows:

Spoiler:

Skills:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited by PAiN--- on Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:46 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
aninymouse
Jaggi
aninymouse

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Blademaster seeks Gunner class   Blademaster seeks Gunner class Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 10:26 pm

Agreeing with everything you said, except that bows don't get right-and-left hops; only backwards. All your advice and recommendations are fine, I think Yes by vort
Back to top Go down
Enkidu
Melynx
Enkidu

PostSubject: Re: Blademaster seeks Gunner class   Blademaster seeks Gunner class Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 11:56 pm

To start off gunning I've gone with Ura X armor (gemmed for recoil down) and the Blossomayhem LBG... seems to go alright
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Blademaster seeks Gunner class   Blademaster seeks Gunner class Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 9:43 am

aninymouse wrote:
Agreeing with everything you said, except that bows don't get right-and-left hops; only backwards. All your advice and recommendations are fine, I think Yes by vort
derp. fixed* xD Thanks ^.^

Too OP:

I use a lot mixed sets so it would be kinda hard for you to mimic them because of charm tables, unless you're in table 7 like me. But you can make some of these, or even better sets depending on your charm table. These are the ones I use and have used in the past.

Basic set skills (Use Athena's ASS to see if you can make these or better)

HBG

Spoiler:

LBG:
Spoiler:

Bow:
Spoiler:

Last edited by PAiN--- on Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:37 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
Chagrilled
Chagrilled

Thank you Points : 34

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): UK

PostSubject: Re: Blademaster seeks Gunner class   Blademaster seeks Gunner class Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 12:21 pm

Sephastus wrote:
The reason I mention these after reload and recoil, is because elemental shots are distance based. The farther away, the less effective they are, and at about 5 rolls away from a monster, they do not do any damage... in fact, you will not even see the animation of them.
elemental shots don't deal damage based on range, they do vanish after a certain distance though. the raw shots like normal and pierce are dependent on range though.
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

Thank you Points : 32

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations

PostSubject: Re: Blademaster seeks Gunner class   Blademaster seeks Gunner class Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 5:53 pm

Chagrilled wrote:
Sephastus wrote:
The reason I mention these after reload and recoil, is because elemental shots are distance based. The farther away, the less effective they are, and at about 5 rolls away from a monster, they do not do any damage... in fact, you will not even see the animation of them.
elemental shots don't deal damage based on range, they do vanish after a certain distance though. the raw shots like normal and pierce are dependent on range though.
My apologies if it isn't this way anymore, but in MHFU, elemental damage got a slight bonus when done 2 rolls or closer to the monster, was normal between 2 and 5, and would do slightly less damage beyond 5 rolls. I still have it in my system that when doing elemental shots, I get as close as possible, specially if it is multishot. Don't want to waste any shots.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blademaster seeks Gunner class   Blademaster seeks Gunner class Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blademaster seeks Gunner class
Page 1 of 1