Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
The Nintendo 2ds...... Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
The Nintendo 2ds...... Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Nintendo 2ds......

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Will
Rathalos
Will

Thank you Points : 45

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 'Murica

The Nintendo 2ds...... Empty
PostThe Nintendo 2ds......

Don't get me wrong, I understand it's purpose and it actually appeals to me because the 3d on the 3ds is horrendously obnoxious, but holy fucking shit are you kidding me with that design? It's large, clunky, doesn't fold, and looks awkward as all fuck to hold. I wanna act like this comes as a surprise, but after they released that stupid wii right before the wii U launched it really doesn't shock me.
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

The Nintendo 2ds...... :: Comments

Re: The Nintendo 2ds......
Post Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:18 pm by Snagglux
STILL NO SECOND CIRCLE PAD AAAAAAGGHHH
Roik
Post Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:42 pm by Roik
Of course not. You can't add something like that this late. You know, when the console is actually out there.

This is a cheaper, uglier alternative for people that don't want to spend the money on a 3DS. It has a place, but WHY that design? In terms of ugliness, that design is second only to the original DS.
Oni Zelkami
Post Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:51 pm by Oni Zelkami
The Nintendo 2ds...... Tumblr_mqh7tlnXgp1qe5ugfo2_500

I think we've found another one to add to the list of worst controllers in video game history.
Will
Post Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:57 pm by Will
It's not just ugly, it impractical as all hell for a hand held console. It's like they were sitting at nintendo HQ and decided they would take turns hitting each other over the head with various objects around the office, and first person to get severe brain damage got to design the console.
Oni Zelkami
Post Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:07 pm by Oni Zelkami
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2013/08/28/what-we-think-about-the-nintendo-2ds.aspx
Yamatsu
Post Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:07 pm by Yamatsu
i don't even-

The concept is alright but the design itself is fucking awful.

Nintendo, what the hell is up? /pokr/
Chagrilled
Post Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:38 pm by Chagrilled
the intention seems to be to market to the under 7s, since the 3d isn't recommended for under 7s. removing the folding feature brings down the price, and makes it sturdier. i suppose the looks don't matter for the under 7 market... /pokr/ 
Will
Post Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:04 pm by Will
Chagrilled wrote:
the intention seems to be to market to the under 7s, since the 3d isn't recommended for under 7s. removing the folding feature brings down the price, and makes it sturdier. i suppose the looks don't matter for the under 7 market... /pokr/ 
But even when I was 7 years old and had a DS I would fold it up and put it in my pocket when I went to friends' house. Even if they're marketing to the under 7 audience, there is no excuse for that terri-bad design.
Red
Post Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:53 pm by Red
Umm to be honest the fact that it does not fold don't bother me it's the button placement.
At least it's more child friendly  :o
Will
Post Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:19 pm by Will
But Red, look at how big it is. It's size with the fact that it can't fold result in it losing a lot of portability. I love just putting my handheld gaming systems in my pocket if I take them someplace because it means I can physically feel them. If I have to carry them in that little carrying pouch I have to choose between looking like I am carrying a purse or putting it in a back pack or something where it's much easier to steal/lose track of.
Red
Post Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:55 pm by Red
Thats a good point i never thought about it like that :o .
dcj91x
Post Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:07 am by dcj91x
I think most of you are missing the point and apparently haven't read up on this. First off this is only being sold in the west, not Japan and is targeted at young children (entry level gamers) and multi children household.

(This is not a device being targeted at people on this forum as I believe every one should be I've 14 years old and not new to gaming, keep that in mind.)

The 3d, clam shell and stereo sound were all removed to cut the cost and make it a game system more focused towards children closer to ages 10 and under and those who are recommended not to use the 3D ages 7 and under.

Also, let's say you are a parent with 3 children under the age of 10. You can get 3, 2ds' at the same cost as 2, 3DSxl's.

Also... For those who have a 3DS and complain about the 3D... TURN IT OFF. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean everyone else doesn't as well. Lots of people use it and enjoy. In fact if you don't like it you can go into the settings and turn it off entirely... Quit gripping about an optional feature. Let those who enjoy it have it as you don't have to worry about it. There are some great games that use it well and the camera is really amazing with it but if you don't like it fine.. Again... YOU CAN TURN IT OFF.

And to add one more thing, this is great timing in Nintendo's part. As the 2DS releases along side pokemon X/Y many parent will buy them for there children as stated. It's likely the first week of sales will be quite high.

I do have an issue though that just recently nintendo said they couldn't release new 3DS colors and limited editions in the west due to shelf space unlike in Japan and then decide to release these. Seems a bit of an insult to that aspect.
DanielisAwesome52
Post Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:57 am by DanielisAwesome52
I agree with dcj, plus it actually seems like a really cool idea, if I had kids I'd get them these heck my little brother has broken 3 DS in half, snapped his original's top screen irreparably, then our cousin dragged the charger cord on his first Lite across a room (while it was in use) and now his second (out of commission since his 3DS) is starting to slowly "peel" apart

The design doesn't actually look all that different from a GamePad, sure the two screens are a little goofy, but it's something we'll all get used to it eventually

And another thing, read GenGame's article they're best point, it'll be indestructible just like the original Gameboy
Oni Zelkami
Post Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:59 am by Oni Zelkami
dcj91x wrote:
Spoiler:
It's not the 2D or the marketing idea behind it that's the problem. It's the absolutely horrendous design. I'd say this is the worst interface Nintendo has made were it not for the Virtual Boy.

Also, slightly off topic, but if 3D is such a problem for young kids, why not just put the 3D under a parental control option?
dcj91x
Post Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:28 am by dcj91x
Zel, parents can lock the 3D. Overall that's not a problem it's just something for people to complain about even though it can be turned off and locked. As far as the design goes. Again it shouldn't matter as "we" are not the target audience for this. And though I do agree with you on its looks, most kids really won't care as they'll be to busy playing Pokemon x/y to notice.
DanielisAwesome52
Post Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:36 am by DanielisAwesome52
3D IS under a parental control option, but why pay an extra 70 bucks for something that will probably not get used if its locked like that, also take a REALLY hard look at the controller alot of you use for MH3U on the Wii U, then look at the 2DS, not much of a difference

Like I said, sure the two screens in the middle look goofy now, but its just because its so different from what we're used to. And its not a "horrendous" design, it actually looks pretty comfortable
dcj91x
Post Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:53 am by dcj91x
Hmmm.. Look at it this way overall, Nintendo gives options on their systems and how to play them as well as a variety of colors. Some designs appeal to some more than others. You've got the 3DS, 3DSxl now the 2ds and I think close to 50 or more colors and special editions.

Or Nintendo could choose to be like some other companies and have just one design and one color and not allow you to have any choice at all.

Heck, I'm glad Nintendo gives us the chance to be different and express our individuality... Just like everyone else who chooses the same 3DS we do. ;)

Here is a link to a site that list a comparison on the specs of the 3DS, 3DSxl and 2ds.

http://www.geek.com/games/nintendo-2ds-vs-3ds-and-3ds-xl-1568995/2/

also here are the systems for the US

The Nintendo 2ds...... 2DS_colors-590x330
Andy124
Post Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:57 am by Andy124
I'll wait for the 2DS XL.
Will
Post Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:56 pm by Will
The 2DS XL will just be one of the ten commandment tablets with 2 screens.
"Gaiz look it's portable!!!!!"
Silverneo188
Post Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:33 pm by Silverneo188
this... this has to be a joke..
MHWF
Post Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:54 pm by MHWF
The 2DS was a pretty big laughing point at this past weeks GameStop convention. With everything Sony and Micro had to show and offer all Nintendo brought was the 2DS. From the people I know that went... Even nintendo didn't take it that serious. They stressed it was for young children and talked little about it beyond that.
Otoshimo
Post Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:05 pm by Otoshimo
MHWF wrote:
The 2DS was a pretty big laughing point at this past weeks GameStop convention. With everything Sony and Micro had to show and offer all Nintendo brought was the 2DS. From the people I know that went... Even nintendo didn't take it that serious. They stressed it was for young children and talked little about it beyond that.

which is why everyone should just get the squid over it already. I mean raelly, look at it. It's just a child-oriented product. are you really going to bitch & moan over something made for like 7 year olds that your not going to buy? really, who care how the hell it loooaaaaaah Christ I can't even type that without busting a gut. Friecking ugly. 2-GBAs-glued-together design is funnier than a clown car on fire.
dcj91x
Post Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:42 pm by dcj91x
^ I think the bigest argument on why people hate it so much is this:

http://www.vg247.com/2012/09/19/3ds-xl-white-and-silver-arent-popular-colors-in-the-us/

Than most of all this:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/18/nintendos-3ds-is-surging-but-where-are-those-colors

Nintendo stated 1: multiple 3ds colors was unpopular than 2: just a couple of months ago said we wont get the special edditions and colors japan has because of retail shelf space.. then Nintendo turns around and makes the 2DS which is both unpopular over all and takes up shelf space... It's creation (the 2ds) has a place agreeed for little kids but those who do want a 3DS and want the special edditions should complain as nintendo seems to be contridiction themselves quite a bit.
Otoshimo
Post Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:53 pm by Otoshimo
^ which in all honesty,
who gives a damn, it's nothing to go batshit over. this isn't the the Xbone of Nintendo. it's just another one of the 'spin-off' product Nintendo has done numerous times in the past, for various reasons, with their handhelds.

~don't like it? don't buy it.
~have a 3ds? don't buy it.
~not a 7-year-old that complains about a 3-dimensional function that you can easily shut of or block? don't buy it.
~ don't have the latest-&-greatest revolutionary handheld gaming technology to crush the market? Well then shaddup & put Nintendo out of business if it's that's much a bomb design.

Post  by Sponsored content

The Nintendo 2ds......

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next