Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Need a Slime Dual Sword set with: Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Need a Slime Dual Sword set with: Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Need a Slime Dual Sword set with:

Go down 
+2
PAiN---
Phazon Xenomorph
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

Thank you Points : 97

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

Need a Slime Dual Sword set with: Empty
PostSubject: Need a Slime Dual Sword set with:   Need a Slime Dual Sword set with: Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 10:50 am

So basically I'm making a slime dual sword set for lols but I have no idea where to begin so I'm looking for the following skills:

Bombardier, Sharp+1, Part Breaker (these 3 are required as I plan to use this for all Brachy weapons, especially the Swax). Then if possible, add the skills Razor Sharp and/or AUL. And lastly, if using that uhhh Slime Dual Swords that need Awaken, Bushido I think? Work that skill in over Razor Sharp or AUL.

Also, which IS better, Spectral Demolisher or Bushido and why? I see that Bushido has more raw (392), less slime (180 when Awoken), huge purple with Sharp+1, and -10% affinity and 3 slots with +10 defense. Versus Spectral Demolishers 364 raw, 270 slime, no sockets, neutral affinity, and medium purple with huge white when Sharp+1 is applied.

Even us pro's at MH need some help and advice every now and then.
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Need a Slime Dual Sword set with:   Need a Slime Dual Sword set with: Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 10:59 am

Do you know what charm table you're in?

Last edited by PAiN--- on Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:28 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Need a Slime Dual Sword set with:   Need a Slime Dual Sword set with: Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 11:00 am

PAiN--- wrote:
Do you know what charm table you're in?
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Need a Slime Dual Sword set with:   Need a Slime Dual Sword set with: Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 11:28 am

I’d drop Part breaker, slime weapons already do a great job of breaking parts without it. I like to use a Honed Blade, Razor Sharp, Evasion+1 or Challenger+2, Sharpness+1, Bombardier, Trapmaster. For Bushido I have Awaken, Sharpness+1, Bombardier, Razor Sharp, and Trapmaster ( I’m big fan of bombardier/ Trapmaster combo). Or you can replace Trapmaster with Evasion +1 if you have Handicraft +5 talisman. IMO, Bushido is better than Spectral Demolisher. Because slime is procd, you’re going to be doing a lot of raw damage waiting for slime to proc. So that extra 28 points of raw that Bushido has works very well. Speed runs though I use Spectral demolishers for the Adrenaline+2/Challenger+2/Sharpness+1/Bombardier set.
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Need a Slime Dual Sword set with:   Need a Slime Dual Sword set with: Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 11:30 am

PAiN--- wrote:
I’d drop Part breaker, slime weapons already do a great job of breaking parts without it. I like to use a Honed Blade, Razor Sharp, Evasion+1 or Challenger+2, Sharpness+1, Bombardier, Trapmaster. For Bushido I have Awaken, Sharpness+1, Bombardier, Razor Sharp, and Trapmaster ( I’m big fan of bombardier/ Trapmaster combo). Or you can replace Trapmaster with Evasion +1 if you have Handicraft +5 talisman. IMO, Bushido is better than Spectral Demolisher. Because slime is procd, you’re going to be doing a lot of raw damage waiting for slime to proc. So that extra 28 points of raw that Bushido has works very well. Speed runs though I use Spectral demolishers for the Adrenaline+2/Challenger+2/Sharpness+1/Bombardier set.
What exactly to the various amounts of Slime Element on a Weapon do?
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Need a Slime Dual Sword set with:   Need a Slime Dual Sword set with: Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 11:55 am

Umm, more slime damage I would imagine. It was my understanding that slime damage is like bombs, which ignores armor, which is why parts break so easily.
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Need a Slime Dual Sword set with:   Need a Slime Dual Sword set with: Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 12:02 pm

PAiN--- wrote:
Umm, more slime damage I would imagine. It was my understanding that slime damage is like bombs, which ignores armor, which is why parts break so easily.
Ah, so the higher the number the greater the explosion damage? Always wondered how slime functioned.

And that first set, "Honed Blade, Razor Sharp, Evasion+1" no way to get Bombardier? and what set exactly is it, I know the Honed blade is abyssal lagi but im guessing you ditch the helm and use an edgemaster charm?

The other set: "For Bushido I have Awaken, Sharpness+1, Bombardier, Razor Sharp, and Trapmaster" or Evasion+1 you said, what armor is that?
Back to top Go down
Chagrilled
Chagrilled

Thank you Points : 34

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): UK

PostSubject: Re: Need a Slime Dual Sword set with:   Need a Slime Dual Sword set with: Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 12:15 pm

slime is applied like a status, so the more slime on the weapon, the faster you apply it.
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Need a Slime Dual Sword set with:   Need a Slime Dual Sword set with: Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 12:17 pm

I get all of my sets from Athena’s Armor Set Search. Look it up for MH3U and download it naoooo.

Honed Blade
Razor Sharp
Evasion+1

Spoiler:

Honed Blade
Razor Sharp
Bombardier

Spoiler:

Awaken
Bombardier
Razor Sharp
Sharpness+1
Evasion+1

Spoiler:

Awaken
Bombardier
Razor Sharp
Sharpness+1
Trapmaster

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Need a Slime Dual Sword set with:   Need a Slime Dual Sword set with: Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 6:47 pm

I'd have had a honed Blade set a while ago but I can't find ANY edgemaster charms, let alone a +2 or +3
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Need a Slime Dual Sword set with:   Need a Slime Dual Sword set with: Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 6:49 pm

Edgemaster 3 is the highest value that you can get. Of course you can get two skilled charms with Edgemaster, but 3 would get you the best of the mixed honed blade sets. I only have +2 =/
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Need a Slime Dual Sword set with:   Need a Slime Dual Sword set with: Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 10:32 am

Nova, basically all you need is full Rath Soul Z blademaster set gemmed in Bombardier and HGE.

Spoiler:

Also imho Spectral Demolishers are way better than Bushido. The latter is killed by horrible affinity and insufficient amount of slime. It's not like with Rising Tempest or Grongigas Hammer where negative aff is neglated by huge raw, great purple sharpness and insane slime value. I've used both of them many times and there's really no comparision. It's cool weapon to have fun with but for speedrun it's just not enough.

I'm not exacly huge expert on damage formula but what i've experienced online - full Rath Soul Z set with Spectral Demolishers is very common, overused set. Lack of Sharpness+1 should lower it's utility but in reality - it's not. Not sure how this works but it turns out purple sharpness is not a priority on Spectral Demolishers - in other words on slime DS.

Somebody's probably correct me here with numbers and theoretical insight, but that's just what i saw with my own eyes many, many times online. Rath Soul Z + Spectral Demolishers = overkill.
Back to top Go down
http://gbforever.net
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Need a Slime Dual Sword set with:   Need a Slime Dual Sword set with: Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 12:58 am

Antari18 wrote:
Nova, basically all you need is full Rath Soul Z blademaster set gemmed in Bombardier and HGE.

Spoiler:

Also imho Spectral Demolishers are way better than Bushido. The latter is killed by horrible affinity and insufficient amount of slime. It's not like with Rising Tempest or Grongigas Hammer where negative aff is neglated by huge raw, great purple sharpness and insane slime value. I've used both of them many times and there's really no comparision. It's cool weapon to have fun with but for speedrun it's just not enough.

I'm not exacly huge expert on damage formula but what i've experienced online - full Rath Soul Z set with Spectral Demolishers is very common, overused set. Lack of Sharpness+1 should lower it's utility but in reality - it's not. Not sure how this works but it turns out purple sharpness is not a priority on Spectral Demolishers - in other words on slime DS.

Somebody's probably correct me here with numbers and theoretical insight, but that's just what i saw with my own eyes many, many times online. Rath Soul Z + Spectral Demolishers = overkill.
I really don't like that Rath set though. Also I need to be able to use it good with other Brachy weapons like Swax.
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Need a Slime Dual Sword set with:   Need a Slime Dual Sword set with: Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 3:00 am

I'd like to thank everyone for the advice and help, I'll be sure to look into some of those sets, but ...just to humor me, is there a Sharp+1, Bombardier, Partbreaker, and Razor Sharp set? I ask because while Slime is amazing for part breaking, sometimes the explosions don't proc on the part you are trying to break, not to mention I would use the set for my non-slime weapons, and for some big monsters I need a set like that for Alatreon, Dire Miralis, or other event monsters that die pretty fast when hunting with some randoms but I can never get all the parts broken on.

So yeah If there is such a set post it please?
Back to top Go down
Gilgames
Melynx
Gilgames

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Need a Slime Dual Sword set with:   Need a Slime Dual Sword set with: Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 4:35 am

Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Need a Slime Dual Sword set with:   Need a Slime Dual Sword set with: Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 4:38 am

Gilgames wrote:
It is possible.
http://mhag.info/mhtrig/viewset.htm?s=Nova%20:%20G.B.H.298.0.C.292.1.36.A.181.1.134.W.281.2.91.134.L.171.3.134.134.134.X.2.35.35.Y.0.1.48.5.0
It requires two weapon slots however
Is that seriously the only way? Crappy ugly low defense skull mask and 2 slot requirement? I think most of the Brachy weapons are 1 / no slot no? Infact even a lot of the non-brachy weapons are 1 or no slot, at least the good ones anyways.
Back to top Go down
Will
Rathalos
Will

Thank you Points : 45

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 'Murica

PostSubject: Re: Need a Slime Dual Sword set with:   Need a Slime Dual Sword set with: Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 4:53 am

Just make a bushido set ffs.
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Need a Slime Dual Sword set with:   Need a Slime Dual Sword set with: Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 5:12 am

Will wrote:
Just make a bushido set ffs.
I want the sets for more than just Bushido though,
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Need a Slime Dual Sword set with:   Need a Slime Dual Sword set with: Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 10:18 am

If you're that much concern about break rewards go for Gold ian armour. It got Great Luck and Partbreaker for starters and you have 9 slots (not counting talisman) to play with. I see many people wearing it with brachy weapons. If you gem a bit you end up getting this with standard Sharpness+5 tali:

Spoiler:

But imho Partbreaker is totallny not worth it. With slime weapons everything breaks so easily. Also I don't reccomend using brachy SWAX. Despite it got slime element, it's just medicore. Use Ceadeus one + Honed Edge or Lucent Narga with full Miralis.
Back to top Go down
http://gbforever.net
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Need a Slime Dual Sword set with:   Need a Slime Dual Sword set with: Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 10:53 am

Gilgames wrote:
It is possible.
http://mhag.info/mhtrig/viewset.htm?s=Nova%20:%20G.B.H.298.0.C.292.1.36.A.181.1.134.W.281.2.91.134.L.171.3.134.134.134.X.2.35.35.Y.0.1.48.5.0
According to Athena's A.S.S there are 88 different possibilites without a weapon slot, and I think he probably will be using Spectral Demolishers which doesn't have a slot.

Nova..Download Athena's A.S.S xD Mhag is eh imo.

Razor Sharp
Sharpness+1
Bombardier
Partbreaker
Health+20 (bonus skill with this set/tali)

Spoiler:

This is just one of them. There are other posssibilites with a Handicraft+5 O, Handicraft+4 OO, Sharpness+3 OOO, Handicraft+4 O, Handicraft+2 OOO, and a few others all found in Nova's charm table 10.
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Need a Slime Dual Sword set with:   Need a Slime Dual Sword set with: Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 9:18 pm

PAiN--- wrote:
Gilgames wrote:
It is possible.
According to Athena's A.S.S there are 88 different possibilites without a weapon slot, and I think he probably will be using Spectral Demolishers which doesn't have a slot.

Nova..Download Athena's A.S.S xD Mhag is eh imo.

Razor Sharp
Sharpness+1
Bombardier
Partbreaker
Health+20 (bonus skill with this set/tali)

Spoiler:

This is just one of them. There are other posssibilites with a Handicraft+5 O, Handicraft+4 OO, Sharpness+3 OOO, Handicraft+4 O, Handicraft+2 OOO, and a few others all found in Nova's charm table 10.
I'm working on a set Will gave it chatbox, but I tried Athena's thing and it froze my computer
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Need a Slime Dual Sword set with:   Need a Slime Dual Sword set with: Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 9:37 pm

Sorry to hear that, it usually takes awhile for mine to load sets, but I never had it freeze, maybe it's just you Sad by vort
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Need a Slime Dual Sword set with:   Need a Slime Dual Sword set with: Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 9:39 pm

PAiN--- wrote:
Sorry to hear that, it usually takes awhile for mine to load sets, but I never had it freeze, maybe it's just you Sad by vort
Might not have been that, it was the thing to see all the charms on each charm table.
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Need a Slime Dual Sword set with:   Need a Slime Dual Sword set with: Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 9:52 pm

Antari18 wrote:

But imho Partbreaker is totallny not worth it. With slime weapons everything breaks so easily. Also I don't reccomend using brachy SWAX. Despite it got slime element, it's just medicore. Use Ceadeus one + Honed Edge or Lucent Narga with full Miralis.  
I alreayd was way ahead of you on both Ceadeus Swax and Lucent Swax with Miralis months ago, forgot to mention that lol. I'm tired of seeing the same damn sets.
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Need a Slime Dual Sword set with:   Need a Slime Dual Sword set with: Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 10:08 pm

Nova wrote:
PAiN--- wrote:
Might not have been that, it was the thing to see all the charms on each charm table.
Well THAT explains it lol. My computer froze before when I did the charm search, but it shouldn't for the armor set search. did u download the right one?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need a Slime Dual Sword set with:   Need a Slime Dual Sword set with: Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need a Slime Dual Sword set with:
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next