Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!

MH4Ultimate releases this Friday, February 13th!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk
Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
New Monster Hunter on its way? Find out Thursday, October 27th!

Share | 

Lances and elements

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Lances and elements   Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:20 pm

I'm trying to make a lance for each element, and I'm down to just Ice and Lightning left. So my quick questions are:

What's the best Ice lance? I'm not digging the poor affinity of the Jade Barroth lance.

What's the main differences between the Lagiacrus and Zinogre lances? Also, does a max upgrade Zinogre lance force me down the Stygian path, therefore making it a Dragon element instead?
Back to top Go down

Thank you Points : 12

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America, U.S.

PostSubject: Re: Lances and elements   Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:48 am

Barioth would be the best Ice lance? idk.
I believe the Zinogre Lance branches to S.Zinogre at some point, not forcing you to go to Stygian Zinogre path.

Which Lagiacrus Lance are you aiming for? There's Ivory Lagiacrus and there's Abyssal Lagiacrus Lance.
Personally, I'd prefer Abyssal Lagiacrus Lance over the others. Final upgrade, It has 575 attack, 420 LI, and 10% affinity compared to Ivory's 598attack 280 LI(260LI for Zinogre's Lance), but Ivory and Zinogre's lances have two slots, and you can probably gem in something good using those slots.
Back to top Go down

Thank you Points : 46

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): My connectivity is fine, thank you.

PostSubject: Re: Lances and elements   Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:15 pm

Well it really depends as all the ice lances have their pros and cons. I'll just give a quick run down of them.

Shiera Vitalica:
529 Raw  470 Ice  Affinity 10%  1 slot

I quite like this lance myself as it's fairly easy to make for its level, can obtain purple with sharp+1 and has a nice slice of white sharpness as well. It's the easiest to work around than the others seeing as it does have readily available nice stats without much prep to unlock its potential.

Arktika’s Ice
598 Raw  230 Ice  Affinity -15%  2 slots

While it has the highest raw of the ice lances, it generally lack in all other aspects. It cannot obtain purple sharpness with Sharpness+1, which the other 2 can. It also has the unsightly negative affinity and low ice element.
The only thing it has over Vitalica is its extra slot, so I wouldn't use this unless you really need that slot for a set to work.

Aldion Crown
552 Raw  540 Ice (Requires awaken)  Affinity 0%  3 slots

If you have a set with awaken that you think can work with this, it might be worth it as it has more slots and element than the other 2, more raw than Barioth's lance and can obtain purple sharpness.

So if you do not have a set that can fit around Aldion Crown, Barioth's Lance is the way to go just because its easier to work with.

The main differences between the lagiacrus and Zinogre lance line is the fact that Lagiacrus' lances are seen as better than normal Zinogre's lances stat wise, but cannot usually be fully upgraded to Abyssals until much later in the game seeing as Abyssal is unlocked at HR 70.. or you can take the event where he has buffed stats if you do not want to wait.
Personally I would use Zinore's lance until HR 70, then grind Abyssal for his lance and switch to that once you have it.
You do not have to upgrade to Stygian's path to fully upgrade the Zinogre lances as Despot's Cacophony splits into 2 paths. Those paths would be normal the normal Zinorge lance Oppressor's Genesis and Stygians lance Brimstren Draketail.
Back to top Go down
Seltas Queen

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Lances and elements   Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:30 pm

If you can get the Dynamos, go with the Abyssal Lagiacrus lance, as it also looks awesome too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lances and elements   Today at 10:44 am

Back to top Go down
Lances and elements
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1