Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk

Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Monster Hunter XX (Double Cross) for 3DS

Share | 

Must haves

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kuruptd1.jsp
Aptonoth

Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Must haves   Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:39 am

When it comes to your weapon class of choice what are the weapons for that class you would argue are the must haves for that class?
Back to top Go down
Kuruptd1.jsp
Aptonoth

Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Must haves   Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:51 am

As a Great sword user I would say that like most weapons sharpness coupled with a great attack make for a great weapon, the number of open slots and status or element are just icing on the cake. My list in no actual order would have to have Altheos Evolutia, Merak's Asterism, The Depotheosis, Myxo Demolisher, Pale Kaiser, Plesioth Lullabane, Rathelos Gleamsword, Remalgagorgon, Lagia Fulmination, Nether Lufactrus, Stygian Acedia, Brünnhilde, and I think that's all of them. Maybe not all necessary. But I do own all but one GS and of the ones I have I use these ones and the others just take up slots for the time being.
Back to top Go down
TKMT
Seltas

Thank you Points : 12

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America, U.S.

PostSubject: Re: Must haves   Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:16 am

For Dual Blades, if you're looking for some Fire, you have to go for Agnaktor Dual Blades.
After that, go for Dire Miralis Dual Blades, I suppose.
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Must haves   Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:52 pm

If you are using Hammers, the Grongigas Hammer + Awaken is a must have.

For Lances, the L. Nargacuga Lance is a must have (Get Gigginox X armor, gem in Critical Eye +3, and you are set).
Back to top Go down
Verity19
Black Gravios

Thank you Points : 16

3DS friends code: 0619-6394-9770
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America

PostSubject: Re: Must haves   Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:19 pm

Surprised to see no long sword users have spoken here yet...
I've always loved the Jho long sword, what with having started my MH career with Tri, which I've fully upgraded to Nero's Calamity on MH3U. Works great for brute strength, unless you're alright with the Chrome Waltz's negative ten affinity, which has even higher attack power and adds to your defense. The Wyvern Blade "Rose" is nice, what with good attack and fire, which is a weakness to most large monsters, though if it's fire damage you're after, then making the Adjudition (Dire Miralis), which I haven't fully upgraded yet, is best for this when you can, since it has better fire damage. The Pyro Demolisher's a fun one, being the long sword for slime element, thus also meaning it has those fun explosions the Brachydios brought to the MH world. The Stygian Gula's got good dragon damage to it.
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Must haves   Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:37 pm

@Verity19 wrote:
Surprised to see no long sword users have spoken here yet...
I've always loved the Jho long sword, what with having started my MH career with Tri, which I've fully upgraded to Nero's Calamity on MH3U. Works great for brute strength, unless you're alright with the Chrome Waltz's negative ten affinity, which has even higher attack power and adds to your defense. The Wyvern Blade "Rose" is nice, what with good attack and fire, which is a weakness to most large monsters, though if it's fire damage you're after, then making the Adjudition (Dire Miralis), which I haven't fully upgraded yet, is best for this when you can, since it has better fire damage. The Pyro Demolisher's a fun one, being the long sword for slime element, thus also meaning it has those fun explosions the Brachydios brought to the MH world. The Stygian Gula's got good dragon damage to it.
The Lucent Nargacuga LS with Gigginox X armor, with Critical Eye +3 gemmed in, is incredible. It has 80 Aff., along with good Poison (Someone had that set, along with that LS, and I had a HH that has AuL for one of it's songs. When he used a Demon Horn, and I gave him my AuL, he had 999 raw, with 80 Aff.)
Back to top Go down
Verity19
Black Gravios

Thank you Points : 16

3DS friends code: 0619-6394-9770
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America

PostSubject: Re: Must haves   Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:43 pm

E&Troy wrote:
The Lucent Nargacuga LS with Gigginox X armor, with Critical Eye +3 gemmed in, is incredible. It has 80 Aff., along with good Poison (Someone had that set, along with that LS, and I had a HH that has AuL for one of it's songs. When he used a Demon Horn, and I gave him my AuL, he had 999 raw, with 80 Aff.)

Sounds awesome, though I'm not a fan of Lucent hunts still, unfortunately ^^"
Just checked, and my Adjudition is fully upgraded... Forgot about that, it's been so long since I last played ">.>
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Must haves   Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:06 pm

@Verity19 wrote:
Sounds awesome, though I'm not a fan of Lucent hunts still, unfortunately ^^"
Just checked, and my Adjudition is fully upgraded... Forgot about that, it's been so long since I last played ">.>
Yeah, I can see not being a fan of Lucent hunts when you have to play solo. Getting that Moonshard...

What you can always try, is getting a set with Capture Master, Capture Guru, Great Luck, and capture it (Get Ultra Lucky Cat if you can). You'll get allot of items, and maybe even a Moonshard.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Must haves   Today at 9:23 pm

Back to top Go down

Must haves
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1