Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk

Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Monster Hunter XX (Double Cross) for 3DS

Share | 

How You Started Monster Hunter

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Verity19
Black Gravios

Thank you Points : 16

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code: 0619-6394-9770
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America

PostSubject: How You Started Monster Hunter   Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:14 pm

First topic message reminder :

After having heard a few stories, I've become quite curious if perhaps people here might want to share their story. I would love to hear about your first Monster Hunter game, and your first large monster encounter, too, if you would like to share cat
For me, it started with the older of my two younger brothers buying a used Wii game with an interesting cover at GameStop a few years ago. Yep, for those who know the story, it was Monster Hunter Tri.
Believe it or not, at first, I thought it was just going to be another hunting game, thus causing me to, well, not play it, losing interest at the mere thought of it. After watching him play, however, the options to change your character's appearance (ex. hair color), the changable armor, the thrill of just watching... I made my own file and started my hunting career.
Of course, my first large monster was the Great Jaggi. Believe it or not, even though I happily go after Jho now and loved Ala hunts on Tri, when my brother said it was time for me to face "the first boss," I was scared to death. Took me a while just to face it, believe it or not, but I did ^^"
So, how about you? cat
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
seaturtle400
Popo

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: How You Started Monster Hunter   Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:14 pm

Well when i was 8 my brother said hey look at this new game that i saw and it was monster hunter tri(funny cuz now my brother hates monster hunter) and so i looked into it at the time the videos were in japanese and all i saw was deviljho well i didnt think much of it two years passed and i looked more into it i thought this game is pretty cool so i bought the game at 10 years of age. Well at the time being a newbie to monster hunter from the videos i watched i saw there was different weapon classes but i did not know how to change weapon types so i stayed with the sns my first boss was great jaggi and i was scared out of my wits wen i started the quest i thought i can beat him in no time 30 minutes later i finally beat him. I did not get far in mh3 cause i had the ludroth sword and i could not kill gobul. So a couple months later i saw mh3u came out. i was so excited to play it and the day i started playing it i found a item box in my room i did not know wat it was for but i looked into it and i found the hunting horn i went through a small percentage of the game with the weapon and then i found the hammer that worked alot like the hunting horn and from that day on ive used a hammer funny how i went from a sns to a hammer also i only have one more villager request now which is the rathalos plate and i only have 2 more quests in the village so 3ds is alot easier than wii.
Back to top Go down
Ataraxia
Rajang

Thank you Points : 33

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: How You Started Monster Hunter   Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:05 am

Saw MHT being advertised with its own mini-magazine in an issue of... some Nintendo related magazine. Might have been ONM or something, who knows. Anyway it looked sweet and I got addicted before I even got it. This must have been a few weeks to a month after it came out, so I went to Gamestation and snapped up a limited edition box thing of it.

Hunting ensued.
Back to top Go down
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: How You Started Monster Hunter   Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:54 pm

Got Tri for the Wii.... That's it. It was announced in a magazine I buy each month and the article made a huge build up and said how important it was and stuff. I didn't care that much. My Wii used to be one that could run pirated copies so I bought a copy of Tri didn't hurt my wallet... but I lost 400 hours still. That Wii is dead, so are the servers for Tri. Now I have 3U in my not so shiny 3DS, need a Wii U badly...
Back to top Go down
Bidoof
Aptonoth

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: How You Started Monster Hunter   Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:05 am

i wanted to upgrade to a 3DS XL and I had traded in a tonne of my DS games to EB games so I had like $200 store credit to spend. But I didn't want to buy the black + blue/red XL because I thought they looked cheap/ugly, and I prefer plain colors, so I wanted full black. And then one day I saw the MH3U 3DS bundle go up, with a full black 3DS XL, and it was only like $10 more than a regular 3DS XL, so I just went and yolo bought it, without even searching Monster Hunter before I bought it LOL (I did play the demo before though).
Thank god I loved it. I was horrible at it, but I knew a guy who played it and he helped me through it. I remember it took me forever to beat Great Jaggi, I think it took me all of 40 minutes to defeat him. Ughh, so annoying. And of course, the quest where you have to get monster guts or w/e and then Lagi appears FML I was so scared I never wanted to go in water again after that but my friend was like 'dw it only appears in that quest' lol. I remember talking to him about every monster, I was like 'omg lagi is so scary i dont wanna fight it' but it wasn't that bad.

yea thats it i think
Back to top Go down
Verity19
Black Gravios

Thank you Points : 16

3DS friends code: 0619-6394-9770

PostSubject: Re: How You Started Monster Hunter   Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:37 am

^That's a nice deal to hear about, that the 3DS XL bundle with MH3U was only ten dollars more than without the game cat
I'm also glad that you had that friend to help you out with it, too. In my personal opinion, MH can be pretty difficult at the start, especially if you start it solo and don't team up with anyone. I know I talked to a guy in my college video game club who played Tri, but he just couldn't get into it because he played it without the servers, so it was hard to get good equipment and he wasn't up for putting in the time it would have taken him to get it alone. I started Tri with a little solo time, then I started going between solo and server missions to make it easier and more fun, since I've always enjoyed video games more if I can play them with someone else. For MH3U, I had my younger brother for a teammate to start, though now it's my youngest brother and his file I team up with/yes/
Back to top Go down
Kexan XV
Popo

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: How You Started Monster Hunter   Tue May 06, 2014 11:45 am

My first Monster Hunter game was Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. My friend had let me borrow it saying that it was a great game.
So I see that Dual-Swords were a thing and just jumped on that as soon as I saw it.
NowI'm starting off with the tutorial blah blah and gathering missions and what-not and I see a cat next to a boat and its name was Neko.
So I take the boat to the, unknown to me, multiplayer area and just jump to the mission where I have to fight an Azuros. (Keep in mind that I have little-to-no fighting experience)

So I'm walking around and I see the Azuros just walking around, so I rush at it and spam attacks.
Of course, after it roars at me, it completely destroyed me in every aspect.
About 115+ times of fighting that thing in a row, I learned from my deaths and started actually doing good.
Finally, I kill it and I run around my dorm room celebrating my victory.
After showing my friend that I killed it, he sat down and face palmed so hard from my stupidity.

Apparently, I still had the first dual swords and the first armor and did not even finish the tutorial.

Months later, I got Monster Hunter Freedom Unite and beat it completely with a few friends.
We then moved on to Monster Hunter Portable 3rd and just recently reached 8 Star High Rank destroying Deviljhos.

At the same time as playing Portable 3rd, I then bought Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate myself and just reached the Ceadeus by myself wearing Jaggi armor for the whole game using the Qurupeco gunlance until I got the Lagiacrus gunlance. (Had to fight 11 Lagiacrus for 2 tails)

What I did NOT know is that there are Hunter Ranks passed 100 in MH3U.
That surprised me since the highest Hunter Rank I've seen before 3U was whatever the highest hunter rank was in Unite. (which was not even remotely close to 100.)

So now I plan to get MH4U when it comes out in the US.
Back to top Go down
http://organization-plus.biz
Rowa
Kelbi

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd/Import

PostSubject: Re: How You Started Monster Hunter   Tue May 06, 2014 2:36 pm

Hmm I started my first monster hunter game on the PSP. That was Monster hunter Freedom
I was so intrigued when my friend first showed me so i gave it a shot. I was a Gunner using the heavy bowgun. I loved it at first, the action the gameplay, the monsters, the weapons, everything. But as all games it got progressivly harder. one star a breeze, two star it was ok, three star I started having troble cause the pace picked up but i still managed, 4 star is where i gave up cause the rathlos murdered my existance.

I had put it down for awhile before my mentor handed me Monster Hunter 2, for thePSP which wasn't long before I got my hands on unite. I switched my main from gunner to blade master. Now i was sporting A greatsword and let me tell you it was much better then struggling with a gun. At this point I was taking my time. Learning from my mistakes, It was fun. execpt the green Plesioth and its stupid hipcheck.

(tear of joy)

By this time I was an exceptional hunter and at this point I was passing the very person who taught me everything. I did stop playing once i beat the AGANTOR. It took alot out of me.

I took one more journey into monster hunter getting my hands on Monster hunter portable 3rd. By far this game made me very sad. not the game play it was amazing just I wasent proficient in any weapon it made me very sad. Iliterally tried everything until i got my hands on the Gunlance. It was beautiful. I beat evrything in single player exceptThe last mission which is called " Last Supper "

Deviljho first then a Nargacuga and tigrex at the same time don't even get me started.

Now Gaurdian, my mentor, has been surpassed. I am Happy to say that i am HR 6 in MHP3 and i still am ready to learn more. so Please teach me.
Back to top Go down
DanielisAwesome52
Cephalos

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: How You Started Monster Hunter   Tue May 06, 2014 6:11 pm

Was home sick from tech school, had Gamefly and Tri for the Wii came up on our queue. Tried it out and despite the "boring" intro stuff (which I latched to for some reason, just listening to the villages problems and solving them) got hooked, stayed up all nite trying different weapons on Great Jaggi, nearly shat myself when Lagi first appeared (not being smart enough to know the thing on the cover was what all these villagers where scared of) had trouble fighting Peco for the first few times but loved trying to figure out how to stop his annoying calls and break all his hard to hit parts.

Then came Tri's Barroth, took me three days of grinding, forging and attempting the mission before I got him beaten with the Spiral Lance (and discovered you can break of his head crest) Just got me hooked.

I think my best experience was finally beating Alatreon oonline with my little brother, and second is beating that beast Solo in 3U's Village (because of the additional need to beat Mark of the Hero)
Back to top Go down
Bruce Wayne
Kelbi

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: How You Started Monster Hunter   Tue May 13, 2014 8:07 pm

Hmm I was in a used game store looking around at ps2 games and then I saw one that caught my eye Monster Hunter, I read the part about crafting your own weapons and that's what caught my eye and made me buy it, and ive been a fan ever since.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzybee
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: How You Started Monster Hunter   Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:50 pm

About the same as most, saw it at a used game store; though I'd heard Monster Hunter had some buzz around it so it was enough to make me look twice. I'm glad I did, too...I thought it would be more straight adventure, I didn't expect it to be so atmospheric. I was pleasantly surprised.

As for my first large monster...I guess it would've been the Rathalos in "Raid the wyvern's nest" in mh1. Utterly terrifying thing to have chasing you across the map when you're in your squishy noob gear. After that though I wasn't nearly as worried by the velocidrome quest.
Back to top Go down
Kaze250
Kelbi

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: How You Started Monster Hunter   Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:12 pm

I was sitting in the middle of my floor like a cow that just got tipped over watching some full house, then a commercial came on and i was about to go use the rest room then i saw the game that caught my eye, Monster Hunter Freedom Unite. My jaw dropped because this is a game i was looking for. Adventure, checking and making your own armour, I was so use to racing games that i had to get something new. After watching that commercial i kept an eye out for the game that interested me so much. One day i found it at Bestbuy and bought it for a steal. Yes by vort Thus causing me to lose so much of my lief playing it endlessly. I have yet to get bored with it. Even to this day.
Back to top Go down
http://Youtube.com/GamerGuy472
Silver
Melynx

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA????

PostSubject: Re: How You Started Monster Hunter   Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:01 pm

I first found out about Monster Hunter when I just started 7th grade. It was around October when I was just watching TV in my moms room when that awesome Monster Hunter Tri commercial came up that started out with a ship catching lobsters/crabs and that viking guy came out of nowhere and talking about how they should be hunting monsters.
I have never seen any game like it so I was amazed with the clips the game showed and the music playing in the background (which was the main theme). I was so entranced that I actually started rewinding the commercial just so I can see the monsters and hear the music.
Later I promised myself I would get the game on Christmas of the same year. BUUUUUT by then I totally forgot everything about it due to school and other things going on, and I only remembered after I wrote my Christmas wishlist and gave it to my parents (in my family if you give them your wishlist/just tell them what you want for Christmas, you cant add anything else or change it).
So during Christmas I was kinda bummed out, but I still smiled and had a good time, just in the back of my mind I realize i possibly missed out on playing the best game in the universe... that was, until one of my brothers opened one of his presents. In the festive wrapping paper was a copy of Monster Hunter Tri. Turns out he heard about the game somewhere and decided to ask for the game for Christmas. I was so hyped to play but the same brother decided to hog the Wii and game and play all day long.
It was the day after Christmas that I finally got to play. I woke up super early just so i can be alone and play downstairs in my living room for much longer. After creating my character and finishing the tutorial part of single player I was hooked on the franchise. Throughout the whole winter break I would wake up early and just play online on multilayer for hours every day, only getting off the system when my dad wanted to watch sports. Even after getting a bad case of pink eye from hell knows where, I still played, only taking breaks to wash my hands and use eye drops.
Once school started I would tell my friends about it ( I actually got one of them to get the game and we would play online together) and I would go home and get back to playing (which left me to do my homework on the last minute (and then led me to being grounded from bad gradesSad by vort))
A year later and I got a PSP with a copy of MHF and MHFU and had a account on this forum site!
Back to top Go down
Amaku
Bnahabra

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: How You Started Monster Hunter   Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:34 pm

I was just looking for things to watch on Youtube, stumbled upon someone named Octaneblue, who did a crapton of MH3U vids, I started to watch him and decided that I wanted the game myself. I got it that Summer.
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: How You Started Monster Hunter   Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:33 pm

One of my brothers and I were out somewhere with our mom. We were nearby a Gamestop and decided to drop by and see what was in it. In it they had a stand set up with a bunch of Copies of Monster Hunter Tri. I asked my brother if this was a good game (Since he often looked up games to see if they were any good). He didn't know, and we ended up looking at a few more games and then left.

Later (For my birthday) he ended up getting it for me. When I got it, I immediately went and played it, got to a Great Jaggi, and beat that. But once I got to the capture a Great Jaggi, I failed it multiple times and quit the game for a few months.

During that time, my brother kept playing. Eventually I decided to give it another go, and that time I captured the Great Jaggi. After that, I didn't stop till MH3U was released (Which was years later).
Back to top Go down
Wylr_Tinpeh
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: How You Started Monster Hunter   Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:45 pm

My first experience with Monster Hunter was going over to a friends house. He was playing the original on the PS2. I forgot about the game until MHF2 though, where I bought a PSP and picked it up to hunt with my friends.
Back to top Go down
Kaimdel
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: How You Started Monster Hunter   Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:05 pm

I was looking for something to distract me until Skyrim came out, I picked up Monster Hunter Tri on the Wii just days before Skyrim's release. I played it a little bit, had some difficulty with the controls (I didn't have any other controller other than the Wiimote and the Nunchuk) and I managed to kill a Great Jaggi, it seemed very tough to me at the time. Skyrim came out and I eventually forgot about the game. Early this year my fiancee asked what I wanted for my birthday and since she got me a 3DSXL for Christmas, I figured I would give MH3U a try. I am only a little over 80 hours in and just HR1 at the moment but I still enjoy playing the game during my lunches at work and at home in my free time. I will be getting it on the Wii U very shortly (should be in the mail tomorrow) so I am looking forward to honing my skills and getting to work with other Hunters.
Back to top Go down
Karothis
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: How You Started Monster Hunter   Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:05 am

Ah! Here is a tail, unlike any other. It started as ages long past, also known as my tenth grade year in Highschool.

I was young, as most high-schoolers often are, and reckless, playing my PS2 into the wee hours of the night. A friend of mine who i hadn't seen in a few years had just moved back into town, and he brought with him, what could only be described as a miracle.

You see, i had grown weary of these... three hour clear monstrosities, such as Devil May cry, or Onimusha. Oh i loved them, but they always left me empty... and as salty as an ocean sandbar when i had realized sixty dollars had bought me less then a days worth of entertainment. I was adrift in a sea of replayment of games with nary a new game plus, or with as little incentive as a panda suit. Then... my friend brings over this... golden god of a disc.

Monster Hunter... so simple... Hunt monsters? What could they possibly screw up? I thought to myself... This game must not be so great, what with it's 12.99$ sticker still half torn on the box. When that opening cutscene finished playing though, my eyes were wide, my mouth dry, and I could even swear i had lost my virginity.

Then.. i made my character. After getting the initial dialogue out of the way, I was in my first missions. it seemed simple enough... deliver some meat, learn the controls, kill some velociprey. But, after a few times running these missions, and getting the hang of the crafting system, i was getting a little bored. even the velocidrome wasn't too frightening, sure, he was a step above the others, but he fell to my giant bone sword.

But... there came a certain creature... and i was totally unprepared for it. it was Three men tall, and EYES FULL OF MURDER! Flames licked at it's nasty beak as it clawed the ground in a display of dominance over it's territory... and I stood... so headstrong... so In denial... the Velocidrome was child's play.. how hard could this be? I learned... oh did i learn... for the first time in my monster hunting career, I received a shameful, pity-less ride back to camp from those felynes... rolling my battered and bruised body along the dirt like i was nothing more then trash.

Fight after fight, ended all the same... brute force tactics had worked before... but now... i was at a loss. I trained, day after day, until, a week later, i stood in triumph over the Kut-ku's dead body, half my health left, not a potion to spare, and on my last attempt. I continued hunting down the beasts, a pledge of revenge, as i killed them to create an armor of their brethren. I began to laugh at how hard i once thought the mighty chicken of a beast actually was. Even the Gypceros, though he was a fresh face, was not as much of a problem as the Kut-ku once posed.

However... as strong as i had become... i had long forgotten... THE RATHALOS?! I recalled a memory repressed, of... an egg gathering mission? "OH NO! IT CANNOT BE!" I exclaimed within the confines of my mind. that devil... that red fiend! I tried to play it safe at first... but he mocked me with fireballs, and dive bomb attacks, the coward even taking to blasting me from the mountain side several times while trying to escape him. First... I failed... failed... and failed... again and again, try after try. I spent more time gathering resources for my fight then i did actually fighting him! I was about to give up... and that's when i found... my hammer.

That glorious chunk of metal, gleaming so brazenly in the eyes of physics as i sharpened it, and honed my own skills. Blocking... who needs it when you can play golf with a monster's head!? With a new weapon under my belt, i began my attempts.

it had been another week, and i was up at 3 AM, Crust in my eyes, the smell of the day long past, and pizza, on my breath. i steadied my nerves... it was my last attempt for the night. I was taken out quickly on my first life, an unfortunate bullfango charge had caught me at the wrong time, sending me spiraling just in time to be rushed by the Rathalos. My second chance, I was more careful, and had discovered flash bombs. I flung one into the air, but the fiend tail whipped just in time. I threw a second, and as he tried to turn once more, he was to late.

The beast bellowed angrily, attacking blindly as i swooped in with an overhead slam, stammering his resolve with a semi-charged two hit afterwards. HE stood, confused and trying to gather his thoughts as i assaulted him with tactics that probably should never be allowed by any authority. alas, i was so sure of myself, that when i had ran out of flash bombs, i felt i could easily take him down. I was wrong. on my last chance... I gathered from the areas quickly, and laid a heavy, yet careful assault... and i saw it... HE LIMPED! whining like a child, the beast retreated to it's lair. I sharpened my hammer... treated my wounds... and entered his lair for the final showdown.

The beast was angry my friends, he knew this was his last stand, as well as mine. He charged me... he dive bombed me... He even tried to trick me by flying in and out of his cave! but... with only a few herbs left to sustain me, my whetstones spent, and my hunger clawing at my stomach, I had no choice but to charge in for one last assault. My stamina however, did not hold out.

While running straight at the Rathalos, Hammer held ready and charged... My hunger struck, and i tripped over my own feet, starting to spin, holding onto my hammer for dear life! the Rathalos turned to fire what would certainly be certain doom right into my face... but i swung, as hard as i could into the air. The beast and I shared a moment, my eyes, staring into his.... we weren't so different... i fought to protect my village... he fought to protect his young... But only one of us could remain...

My hammer struck his chin true, and I closed my eyes, expecting the end to come... but... the fanfare played, I stood, for just a moment, hammer in the air, as the beast began to collapse in front of me. It was done... it was finally over... I carved what i could use, and returned, battered.... beaten... but most of all... Victorious.

And that is how I got into monster hunter.
Back to top Go down
Tomderdepp
Seltas

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): EU

PostSubject: Re: How You Started Monster Hunter   Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:50 pm

^that is exactly one of the reasons why i like MH so much. even after years you still remember certain moments and details of hunts because you were so emotionally involved with what was going on. honestly there is very few games that can actually do that.
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Diablos

Thank you Points : 30

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations

PostSubject: Re: How You Started Monster Hunter   Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:53 pm

A friend of mine asked me to check out this game he was playing: MHT. He had just started, and was playing with a longsword. Honestly, looked boring to me. Eventually, a G-Jaggi showed up, and he was stressing, and eventually beat it.

I wasn't too impressed, but I told him it was cool (even though I didn't wholeheartedly believe it). He went ahead and purchased 2 copies of MHFU for the PSP, and told me we could play together. Since he had more experience than me, I told him, I would just be support (still not thinking much of the game), and so I made a gunner... and off we went to get me some armor... from a dual kut-kut download quest... These were PUNY little things... but by keeping my distance, and him doing his stuff, we were able to get them, and 10+ hunts later, get the ears we needed for the full armor, and even a new weapon.

Then we needed to fight some more things. I remember my truly first monster... the Congalala. O man, that thing moved fast, and to me, was unpredictable. I stood as far away as I could, and started to shoot it, content in thinking I was safe.... until that thing leaped hundreds of yards from where my friend was, and all I saw was this hulking pink gorilla smash into me with the force of a truck. I couldn't stop laughing... but was able to leave safely.

After going home that day, I kept playing, eventually getting into big bouts of frustration... but knowing I was getting better with each play. I even used the Online game sharing program through sony that allowed you to play with other people online through the ps3. I surpassed my friend in every aspect of the game, and had so much fun.

I have been playing all versions of MH I could get my greedy little hands off ever-since.
Back to top Go down
Draco55
Kelbi

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: How You Started Monster Hunter   Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:58 pm

well one day during my growing video game childhood of Patapon and various other games not worthy of naming my dad had sent me a memory card full of games that i had never heard of. i cannot recall the other ones nor do i want to but theres one game that caught my eye Monster Hunter Freedom. In the beginning i was not impressed with the not too good graphics and difficult camera controls.. but i kept giving the game a chance because i hated not finishing games and my 9 - 10 year old skills were not great. I made the velociprey gun and hunted kut-kus for kicks and giggles and became an expert overgrown chicken slayer, but then one day Something was lurking in the shadows, an urgent to kill the lone wolf. This beast was like no kut-ku he had the strengh of a flying wyvern, I probably failed 50-60 times and gave up the game for a year and one day my step dad called me into the living room and told me to watch a trailer he found on HOME on his ps3... twas the day before the hunt became REAL in UNITE
Back to top Go down
th8827
Cephalos

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code: 0533-4039-4608
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations

PostSubject: Re: How You Started Monster Hunter   Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:33 pm

Back in early college, I was in Gamestop while back home for Winter Break and I noticed a used copy of Monster Hunter Freedom for PSP. Since I recently received a PSP, and I did not have too many games for it, I decided to buy it and was immediately hooked. As I got near the end of High Rank, I read online that there was an updated release with even harder quests, and I downloaded it through PSN right away. Totally worth it.
Back to top Go down
Gjthacat
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: How You Started Monster Hunter   Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:52 am

I got my first game around 2012 on my birthday my dad gave me this weird game called "monster hunter 3 ultimate " I was very skeptical and I never gave it a shot but abou 3 months later I had played all my other wiiu games to death so I tryd out monster hunter it was weird att first but later I was addicted to this game and my first monster was the rahian because I jump to the multi player first I was also kicked like 200 times because most people don't like a hr . But I spended 175:00 hours on this game and now I got mh4u
Back to top Go down
Gjthacat
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: How You Started Monster Hunter   Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:53 am

I got my first game around 2012 on my birthday my dad gave me this weird game called "monster hunter 3 ultimate " I was very skeptical and I never gave it a shot but abou 3 months later I had played all my other wiiu games to death so I tryd out monster hunter it was weird att first but later I was addicted to this game and my first monster was the rahian because I jump to the multi player first I was also kicked like 200 times because most people don't like a hr . But I spended 175:00 hours on this game and now I got mh4u
Back to top Go down
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Spain

PostSubject: Re: How You Started Monster Hunter   Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:02 am

Going over to a school friend's house, I saw him playing a pretty interesting game on his PSP. It was Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, as I learned later on, but I started with the PS2 original.

It was damn hard, but so satisfying. It was a game that gave me the right amount of challenge. I eventually gave up, though, and forgot about it for about a year or so.
I eventually got a PSP, then I saw Monster Hunter Freedom in a local store, for the PSP Essentials price of 10. I bought it without a second thought, and got much farther. Still didn't get into Hiigh Rank, though, by way of that goddamned Diablos being infuriatingly tanky, to the point where me and my friend actually timed out before we got a kill on both of them.
In the same store about half a year later, I saw Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, which again I bought without a second thought. I got pretty dang far on my own, discovered how Skills work (and taught how they worked to my friend). I mostly did the Gathering Hall alone, although me and my friend helped each other out on occasion, and we both got to HR9 and beat Ukanlos.

My friend was annoyed at the fact that Capcom didn't release MHP3rd internationally, and he stopped playing there. He wouldn't get interested in Tri no matter how much I bugged him.
I bought it myself anyway (near the end of its lifetime, unfortunately), and, well, here I am! I joined here as Mr Stark about two years ago, as my MH3 character happened to look like Tony Stark from Iron Man.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/InstaCakes
Crystalis
Najarala

Thank you Points : 26

3DS friends code: 3909-8402-8213

PostSubject: Re: How You Started Monster Hunter   Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:10 am

Gamestop, I saw the Monster Hunter Tri bundle with the Wii Classic Controller. Its promo art looked magnificent, which was what initially drew me in, so I looked at the box and decided it'd be cool to give it a try.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How You Started Monster Hunter   Today at 10:38 am

Back to top Go down

How You Started Monster Hunter
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next