Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!

MH4Ultimate releases this Friday, February 13th!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk

Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
What's hunting you?

Share | 

Starting out, tips to work my way up?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
N1GH7M4R3
Rhenoplos

Thank you Points : 2

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Starting out, tips to work my way up?    Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:46 am

First topic message reminder :

So, I'm sure some of you have run into me before. I'm the guy who used to run around like a scrub with an Alatreon Hammer or Longsword and get smacked around by Deviljho and other perilous beasts. Well, I no longer have those weapons currently, nor do I have the armor which I killed over 700 Rathalos to obtain. My dear, dear Los OF is gone as well... naturally. It's a new game.

Well, I was simply wondering what I could do to make the beginning quests a little easier for myself, so that I can actually start to work my way back up. I've noticed more than a few new monsters, my favorite so far being Arzuros because of the introduction video and the positively silly animations - unfortunately, I'm not going for an LS right now, so it's not something I'd like to hunt.

What I'm looking for primarily is suggested 3* applicable GS ( Pre-Playing with Fire completion ) that can help me smash up Qurupeco, Barroth and any other problem children from the early game experience. On top of that, some good armor?

Truth be told, in MHT I was just carried around or told what to hunt by other hunters - being purely solo thanks to playing on the 3DS, I'm no longer sure what to do. I learned, but I didn't learn enough. Not about the early game.

That said, any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Your suggestios are valued.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
N1GH7M4R3
Rhenoplos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Starting out, tips to work my way up?    Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:35 am

I suppose I'll have to settle for something. Like I want to get Volvidon armor, but I have the list here and it honestly seems like a real pain in the arse to get all the materials, especially since that Roly Poly Oly mofo never quits going. It's not like taking ~15 minutes out of my time to bring him down is an issue, just that he's an irritating critter to face off with.

As for the Selene armor, I was mostly thinking about the defense which is only a step below the early HR armor in terms of defense. You're right though, definitely not worth the effort that it would require to get it with no sharpness boost.

That aside, what are some good High Rank sets? Nargacuga is noted, but what other ones are considerable in terms of being very useful?

Edit: I actually just remembered that in MHFU I got something from the Azure Rathalos using LR armor. He did A TON of damage, but I hunted him about 20 times for stuff, probably his armor I'm thinking. I don't recall, but I think I'll give that a go in this as well. I won't be getting to the very high village quests for it - I'm just going to do Guild Quests, just like I did in MHFU. Is Rathalos Soul any good?
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Starting out, tips to work my way up?    Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:18 pm

Full Azure Soul Armor is one of the best high rank armors to go for. It gives Critical eye+2, Razor Sharp, and Earplugs. The high rank azure armor in MHFU gave HGE and CE+1 (Reckless Abandon in MHFU).

I think it would be easier to get if you stick to the village as monsters are weaker there, unless you are trying to raise your Hunter Rank.

You're not going to see any good sets with Sharpness +1 in High Rank btw
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
N1GH7M4R3
Rhenoplos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Starting out, tips to work my way up?    Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:19 pm

To be frank, I'm not put off by the idea of fighting Guild monsters. I honestly very much prefer to have the things I need sooner rather than later, and if that means battling against a tougher version of a monster, I'm not opposed. I killed Rathian very early on without so much as my water GS, and that turned out okay. About a 30 minute run.

I've been using Hunter Armor up through all the quests til' now. I'm working on Volvidon, so I'm hoping it can help me take on the Azure Los in the Guild quests. Like I said, I'm fairly sure I had a worse set of armor on MHFU, and I think I was also using DB's when I did that. So... I think this will turn out okay. A good few smashes to the face with the select element and he should be down for good.
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Starting out, tips to work my way up?    Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:53 pm

I'm not sure where you're at in Port, but i still say village is quicker if you want to get your mats sooner than later. You've already finished Low-Rank village, so you just have to complete the quests needed for high rank. If you do port, (assuming you haven't started) then you would have to do the low-rank port, and then high rank. You unlock him at 9 stars village, and HR5 in Port. With that in mind, you could shed some time off your hunts doing the village since you're closer to unlocking him, but if you want to progress in HR so you can be one step closer to G-Rank, then that's up to you.
Back to top Go down
N1GH7M4R3
Rhenoplos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Starting out, tips to work my way up?    Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:56 pm

Well, see. The part I don't get is how 9* is necessarily closer than HR5. I would have assumed that HR5 would be closer due to an epic lack of Key/Urgent quests, as compared to the massive collection of quests in the village. Furthermore, I'm trying to get the armor from him as soon as possible so that I can actually continue through the village, if that makes any sense.
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Starting out, tips to work my way up?    Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:46 pm

Azure Rathalos in the port would only be quicker if your closer to HR5 than you are 9* in village. I don't know where you're at in Port. From Village Ceadues, you need 13 total quest from 6* to 9* to get to Azure Rathalos. Assuming you haven't started Port, your looking at a total of 19 quests from HR1-5.

You're going to fight pretty much the same monsters from the port that you need in the village, just taking more time because it requires more quests. Also, your problem might be the current Hunter Armor your wearing now.

Back to top Go down
N1GH7M4R3
Rhenoplos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Starting out, tips to work my way up?    Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:30 pm

Hmm. Well, if you insist that it'll be much longer going through the port, then I suppose I have no choice but to simply go through the village. Which in all reality is sort of irksome, because I was hoping to AVOID all the irritating quests that would inevitably come along until I got my new armor, like, good armor. But oh well. Do you think LR Volvidon armor will actually cut it until Azure Los?
Back to top Go down
Vivi
Najarala

Thank you Points : 46

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): My connectivity is fine, thank you.

PostSubject: Re: Starting out, tips to work my way up?    Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:13 am

It probably will be enough to take azure's attacks if you are careful. Be sure to take flash bombs with you for when he fireballs so you can get a few free hits in.
Though if you're worried, you can always upgrade your defences with armour spheres before fighting Azure. He doesn't really fight that differently from a normal Rathalos, though he can chain poison talons from some of his other attacks and that can catch you off guard, especially first time.
Back to top Go down
http://mhwiki.forumotion.net/u2509
N1GH7M4R3
Rhenoplos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Starting out, tips to work my way up?    Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:51 am

Well, what I'm wondering is his damage percentages and how they compare to MHFU, on top of his patterns and if they're the same as MHFU. 'Cause if he's just like in that game, I can probably whoop his ass fairly easily. I suppose the same can be said for if he's using the same patterns as reg. Los, seeing as how he's pretty much a pushover.

Also, do we have any idea what his HP sits at compared to LR Los? I pretty much got LR Los down to a t when it came to saying, "hold on, I need to level 3 GS charge Los one more time before he's dead," when people were wanting me to do other stuff.
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Starting out, tips to work my way up?    Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:58 pm

@N1GH7M4R3 wrote:
Well, what I'm wondering is his damage percentages and how they compare to MHFU, on top of his patterns and if they're the same as MHFU. 'Cause if he's just like in that game, I can probably whoop his ass fairly easily. I suppose the same can be said for if he's using the same patterns as reg. Los, seeing as how he's pretty much a pushover.

Also, do we have any idea what his HP sits at compared to LR Los? I pretty much got LR Los down to a t when it came to saying, "hold on, I need to level 3 GS charge Los one more time before he's dead," when people were wanting me to do  other stuff.

If you haven't fought Rathalos yet in MH3U, he fights the same as in Tri, with a few new moves. Azure Rathalos flies a lot more than a normal Rathalos, not the fly directly up and shoot a fireball or 3. He takes flight more often, and likes to combo a lot. If you could fight him easily in Tri then your golden.

It's High Rank, so the HP and damage is increased. Are you playing solo? Or do you have access to online? I was under the impression you were only playing solo o.O
Back to top Go down
N1GH7M4R3
Rhenoplos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Starting out, tips to work my way up?    Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:29 pm

Well, I had a pretty easy time with Azure Los in MHFU, and in MHT I fought over 700 Rathalos, both LR and HR ( I was on the hunt for a plate ). To me, Rathalos is extremely easy to predict, but can be very hard to avoid under certain circumstances. ( such as when he becomes enraged when you're directly under his feet, which earns you a flash fireball to the face. )

As for what I meant by telling others of what I had to do and such, that pertains to my friend wanting me to play other games. I am purely solo as I'm playing on the 3DS and have no available local friends. The only real help I get is Cha-Cha and Kayamba, and they won't be with me if I do the guild quests, so it'll actually be quite a bit more helpful if I do do the village quests to get to Azure Los.

While I'm aware that given it's High Rank and therefore has more HP and damage, I was wondering just how much, because when I was playing MHFU, I actually got my hands on the HP and damage statistics for him. The HP was around 3500~3700 and his damage was around 50~125 depending on your armor strength. But that's just based on recollection, not so much a full recount on his actual stats. Could be different, but I'm fairly sure his HP and damage were around there, Suffice it to say, without buffed HP and lots of potions + flash bombs, he was a murderer thanks to using low rank armor.

Edit: I got full Volvidon and went ahead to fight Crimson Qurupeco. Deviljho was a real pain the whole time, but I'm happy to announce that he only did 50 damage per hit at 200 Defense. Good to know that by 400 I should be able to take little bits from him. That is, in High Rank anyway. Don't have a clue about G rank. Didn't get any Voltstones from the Qurupeco though, so no upgraded Lagi GS for me right now. Debating on whether or not it'd be worth upgrading the Rusted hammer I have so that I can face Azure Los a little more easily. Perhaps for Pink Rathian too, though I suspect she'll be fairly easy as it is.
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Starting out, tips to work my way up?    Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:21 pm

@N1GH7M4R3 wrote:
As for what I meant by telling others of what I had to do and such, that pertains to my friend wanting me to play other games. I am purely solo as I'm playing on the 3DS and have no available local friends. The only real help I get is Cha-Cha and Kayamba, and they won't be with me if I do the guild quests, so it'll actually be quite a bit more helpful if I do do the village quests to get to Azure Los.

You can take both Kayamba and Cha-Cha when doing guild quests, assuming you are in the Single Player Port. :D
Back to top Go down
N1GH7M4R3
Rhenoplos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Starting out, tips to work my way up?    Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:26 pm

E&Troy wrote:
@N1GH7M4R3 wrote:

You can take both Kayamba and Cha-Cha when doing guild quests, assuming you are in the Single Player Port. :D

For real? Thanks for the heads up, bud. c:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starting out, tips to work my way up?    Today at 5:29 pm

Back to top Go down

Starting out, tips to work my way up?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2