Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Hunting Journal - Page 13 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Hunting Journal - Page 13 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hunting Journal

Go down 
+47
Phazon Xenomorph
Quentin
BoredForLife
Anonymin
Firpi
Raptor98
Kaze250
Will
Tomderdepp
Andy124
MHWF
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Guild Adventure
ViralN9
A Drunk Ninja
Sephastus
Myra the Sark
seaturtle400
parasky
Lucas
Secun
Amaku
Cambell
Velox
Shinato89
Ken Kurobasa
Lagiacrus the ultimate
Tarath
TKMT
Ataraxia
dcj91x
Randomhunter
laoshanicrus
Lalo
GobulHunterJames
Enkidu
Verity19
Akai the White Lightning
Vivi
Aliceburn
Sai_
Jake Johnson
E&Troy
TheLaw
PAiN---
Antari18
MetaMarx
51 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 20 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
MetaMarx
Rajang
MetaMarx

Thank you Points : 16

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code: 4382-2261-9491
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

Hunting Journal - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 9:21 pm

First topic message reminder :

I really want to hunt again but I feel obligated to beat these other games hngggg
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Verity19
Black Gravios
Verity19

3DS friends code: 0619-6394-9770
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 1:06 pm

Amaku wrote:
I go hunting in the Moga Woods for Rare Commidities, then you turn in a Hunt Report. They're usually 1 to 2 star rarity though. But at night, I think your chances are increased.
I'm not really after just good commodities to be after them, to be honest. There's an award for getting all the rare monster commodities (besides the Atlantis Crab, Bullfango Tusk, Eldest Saturnian, and Queen's Needle), and I still don't have it, so I'm going to look up a list of them here soon and figure out which ones I've gotten before and which ones I've never gotten before. I have myself in a night woods hunt right now paused against Diablos, but I've already gotten the Diablos Heart before...
Then again, still need heftcorn and pumpkins for stuff cat
Back to top Go down
Amaku
Bnahabra
Amaku

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 1:59 pm

Never knew about an award for that.. I might as well try to works towards it too. :P
Back to top Go down
Verity19
Black Gravios
Verity19

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 3:55 pm

Amaku wrote:
I might as well try to works towards it too. :P

Good luck to the both of us, then cat

Did both day and night hunting in the woods yesterday to make sure I got commodities from certain monsters, such as the day commodity for Lagiacrus. I'm waiting for a day report of Rathian and/or Rathalos so that I can get those rare commodities, along with doing night hunting in the meantime so I can aim for the better commodities to trade with the Argosy.
Back to top Go down
Amaku
Bnahabra
Amaku

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 4:13 pm

You too. :D

I fought Goldbeard Ceadeus(twice), and entered G Rank, thinking of making his armor, but have no idea how to get Conqueror's Seal.. Also downloaded a couple of the DLC's, not going to do the Event Ones yet though. Recently hunted the G-Rank Quru, and after being hit by G Rank Deviljho in there.. I can tell I won't like his quest at all..I also started on my Bow weaponry, started off with the Hidden Bow(Narga's Bow) and need one Medulla to upgrade it. I also bought some Armor Stones from the Granny Store and made a Tru Armor Sphere.. :o and got some Catalyst's while I was at it. Thus making me lose all my money.. :/
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

Thank you Points : 32

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 4:19 pm

Conquerors seals are from multi-monster fights at G rank. Easiest way is to do the 2 Bunny 2 Baggi, or 2 Volvi, 2 jaggi quests. I must warn you on the speed of the Baggies though...

The event with the Qurupeco should be simple enough if you bring sonic bombs and dung bombs. Sonic bomb when it starts singing, and if you are not fast enough, just dung bomb the qurupeco, cause Jho is on his way. :-P that way you can fight the Quru alone.
Back to top Go down
Amaku
Bnahabra
Amaku

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 4:36 pm

Alright, cool. Thanks. ^.^
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

Thank you Points : 32

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 6:45 pm

Journal: Restarted the game - Lancing - Completed all solo content, 2 Attempts at Alatreon, and can't seem to get enough damage in to kill him in the allotted time... Haven't tried to sleep/bomb him... just straight damage from weapon. Pretty proud of myself for getting there without any G-Ranked gear.
Back to top Go down
TheLaw
TheLaw

Thank you Points : 10

3DS friends code: 0748-2193-3471
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Australia

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 11:30 am

As of late, I've been helping my friends with their alternate characters, hosted a room for event Brach to PAiN---'s request, completed two runs successfully getting our Majestic Scepters, helped a friend with a few Abyssal Lagia and Lucent Kitty (Narga) for Dyanmo's and Moonshards, went from HR 680 to HR 690 over the course of 1 day, hoping to crack HR 700 tomorrow :3

Helped my friends alt and duoed her Miralis urgent, yet the game decides to troll me with a Steadyhand+2 tali when I need a +3 :/
Back to top Go down
https://mhwiki.forumotion.net/u3769
Verity19
Black Gravios
Verity19

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 4:14 pm

Did some more free hunting in the woods yesterday, along with also making nearly half a box page's worth of G rank armor pieces I didn't have yet to lessen my materials in my box (which was to little success), which has brought me down quite a bit, money-wise, on the game.
I'm considering the idea of switching to material gathering for weapon upgrading today while watching the monster forecast for ones I need to double-check, rare commodity-wise. Seems just running out there every time isn't proving to be too successful, besides allowing me to get the rare commodity from Barroth to ensure I've gotten that before ">.>
Also, for the commodity award, do I have to still have all of them in my box, or just have to have gotten them at some point? Do I have to trade at least one of each commodity to the Argosy? I've been a little confused by this thought recently :/
Back to top Go down
MetaMarx
Rajang
MetaMarx

3DS friends code: 4382-2261-9491

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 4:37 pm

Got to HR in Moga for my alt character. Almost fell asleep farming Ceadeus for its HBG
Back to top Go down
Amaku
Bnahabra
Amaku

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 6:06 pm

I'd think you'd have to keep them all in your box, @Verity(I'm too lazy to quote one sentence XP).

So I've been trying to work towards Helios Z Armor, but Goldbeard is being stingy and giving me Deep Dragongems instead of Dark.. Also upgraded one of my Longswords to White Sharpness, unfortanately that's as far as the upgrades can go.. Basically all I've been doing is 2 quests. One of em for a Conqueror's Seal, and the other for Helios Z..
Back to top Go down
Verity19
Black Gravios
Verity19

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 6:19 pm

Amaku wrote:
I'd think you'd have to keep them all in your box, @Verity(I'm too lazy to quote one sentence XP).

True, but the whole reason I was trying to empty my box while free hunting is because while I free hunt, all I take with me on the hunt is raw meat to cook using the mask on one of my Shakalaka. This means my box fills up even faster because it has more in it now, such as my power charm and talon, plus my armor charm and talon, and I currently have more than ninety-nine Ancient Potions and Max Potions, so two stacks of those, along with two stacks of Whetstones... I have a crud load of Potions and Mega Potions...
I also don't heal when I free hunt, so I bring in even more potions and mega potions, though I do discard herbs and blue mushrooms after I get ten of each potion in order to make room for monster materials while out in the woods.
If I do material hunting through quests, I remove the power and armor talons and charms and use items I don't use while free hunting, so this ought to help my box space out cat
Back to top Go down
TheLaw
TheLaw

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 11:11 am

Cracked HR 700 today only 299 to go!
Back to top Go down
Verity19
Black Gravios
Verity19

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 3:17 am

After receiving two completely new guild cards yesterday through Street Pass, I found myself feeling suddenly unusually motivated to hunt... I guess it just made me happy to see there's still hunters to be found here, even if they are new to MH3U cat
With that, I did an Abyssal round yesterday, which was fun, as always, even if I didn't get any materials for weapon upgrading that I need from it. I then faced Miralis twice for materials, which proved to be more successful, especially with getting a Dire Dragongem from both rounds and two smelters. I did the double Arzuros with Explorer in order to get Slickaxes to use for Elder Dragonbones, which I need to get more of still. I forged "Nero's Greed," while I was at it.
Aiming for more Slickaxes and material runs today, after I sleep, what with it being midnight currently ^^"
Back to top Go down
Amaku
Bnahabra
Amaku

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 4:36 am

As of recent I've been mainly focusing on upgrading my weapons. But it's a pain in the ass since they all need G-Rank things, except for a few. So I've been using weaps I don't normally use recently, like I just got a Lagia Gunlance. Only need a Plate to upgrade it, but like always, he was stingy for a Plate.. Was kind of hard not to accidentally kill him and only aim for the Horns and Tail..So I did that for a while, tested it out a bit on a Qurupeco and a Crimson Qurupeco. Then I wanted to try and upgrade my Dios Slicers to + just now, but Brachy is stingy for a Gem.. -.- Just fought G Rank Rathian, took a while for her to actually limp.. Aiming for Rathian X Armor.

For the crowns thing, I got Smallest Great Jaggi, Silver large Wroggi, Silver Large Crimson quru,Both gold for Arzuros,silver large Volvi,Silver large Barroth,Biggest R.Ludroth,Silver large G.Agnak,Silver large rathian, silver large Rathalos,silver large B.Giggi,Silver large barioth,silver large Nargacuga,silver large B.Diablos, and silver large Brachy. Debating if I should run that Rathian quest again..
Back to top Go down
Verity19
Black Gravios
Verity19

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 6:01 pm

Amaku wrote:
As of recent I've been mainly focusing on upgrading my weapons. But it's a pain in the ass since they all need G-Rank things, except for a few. Just fought G Rank Rathian, took a while for her to actually limp.. Aiming for Rathian X Armor.

I'm having somewhat of an opposite problem for weapon upgrading; most of what I need is low/high rank materials (ex. regular Lagia horns, Nibelsnarf claw), yet I have the G rank materials just sitting around because of all that crown hunting and whatnot ^^"
Good luck on getting the armor cat

Amaku wrote:
For the crowns thing, I got Smallest Great Jaggi, Silver large Wroggi, Silver Large Crimson quru,Both gold for Arzuros,silver large Volvi,Silver large Barroth,Biggest R.Ludroth,Silver large G.Agnak,Silver large rathian, silver large Rathalos,silver large B.Giggi,Silver large barioth,silver large Nargacuga,silver large B.Diablos, and silver large Brachy. Debating if I should run that Rathian quest again..

For the armor, I would run it some more. For crowns, you might get one from it, but, as mentioned before, G rank double and advanced quests work best for getting crowns. Sounds like you have quite a nice start here, though, for someone who hasn't been able to really get into the crown hunting yet. Most may be silver, but that's still a start /yes/ 
I just need the small Gold Ian and Silver Los to have all the small crowns, then the gold large for Jho, Silver Los, Stygian Zinogre, Green Plesioth, and Brachy; I have silver large on these still. Still going to focus on materials instead for a while, however ">.>
Back to top Go down
A Drunk Ninja
Rhenoplos
A Drunk Ninja

Thank you Points : 3

3DS friends code: 4313-3105-0571
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 7:34 pm

After getting a Wii U and MH3U almost a year after they came out, and then letting them sit all alone in a room for a bit, I finally started to play. I have been working on the village quests mostly and I'm on the 9 star quests. Since starting a new game I found that I really like the switch-axe. So looking at armors I found the rath soul set looks pretty good for what I need it to do. I sat down to grind out the set and seen that I need two los rubys. This worried me more than a little bit; however, after only four quests I got three rubys. And a few quests after that I had enough materials to finish my set. I am now the proud owner of the rath soul armour. I was even able to gem in AuM.

A happy hunter~
Back to top Go down
Verity19
Black Gravios
Verity19

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 11:01 am

Stuck with my idea of double Arzuros for Slickaxes for a while before deciding to try my luck against the Gold Ian. I wasn't quite sure what I was thinking, using my Miralis armor set and an apparently not fully upgraded Nether Dilemnity (going to fix that soon enough), but I discovered I can defeat a Gold Ian like this solo in less than twenty minutes, so I switched to fighting her both for materials from her and the Elder Dragonbones I would go get after defeating her, along with deciding I might as well face her, anyway, to see if a small gold crown one might show up.
I plan to keep facing Gold Ian, but I might fit in Abyssal for my long sword and then use my cosmic ticket I got last time I teamed up with my brother to get the Skymerald I need for it. Dire Miralis might become a target for today, too, since I need materials for my Miralis sword and shield, dual swords, and I believe I might have another Miralis weapon I'm working on?
*Edit: My Nether Dilemnity is fully upgraded, I was looking at the Neodignis Whitebolt and got mistaken... Me not paying enough attention :oops: 

Last edited by Verity19 on Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheLaw
TheLaw

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 1:32 pm

worked on my alternate character today, went from HR 6 to HR 8, reading verity's post going 'joyous all this farming for feminine armour and weapons to go with' jumped on Ike(main char) and helped randoms get rathian mantles, got 2 and a ruby from the beauty kills advanced, then a lagia mantle from my friends city, finished at HR 704, and worked on my alt char for Ala GS and LS
Back to top Go down
A Drunk Ninja
Rhenoplos
A Drunk Ninja

Thank you Points : 3

3DS friends code: 4313-3105-0571
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 10:11 am

Last night I learned something, do not use shock traps on zinogre. He likes it. I didn't.
Back to top Go down
Amaku
Bnahabra
Amaku

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 2:34 pm

A Drunk Ninja wrote:
Last night I learned something, do not use shock traps on zinogre. He likes it. I didn't.
I must see this for myself. :o

So I farmed more Rathian's for her X Armour, I got a Mantle from the Tail on the first try, so I made the Chest piece. Managed to fit it in my Jhen Armor, but with Critical Eye+1 instead.. I've been working on my Bow skills and found out Zinogre is pretty sensitive to Poison. I also got his Bow as well. I also fought online for a bit, and received my first Guild Card :D. There was this one guy who used the Light Bowgun, it doesn't really seem to suit him. He had some pretty weak armor too(I guess it's Gunner Armour doesn't have good defense..), so when he got hit, he lost more then half health or instantly died. I also tried to fight the DLC Quru(An Ominous Cry) with a couple of High Ranked people and one with the same HR as me. But we failed because of Savage Jho. :/
Back to top Go down
Verity19
Black Gravios
Verity19

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 3:45 pm

Amaku wrote:
A Drunk Ninja wrote:
do not use shock traps on zinogre. He likes it. I didn't.
I must see this for myself. :o

If you end up deciding to check this out, be careful; you might just end up accidentally assisting its charging up, just like I accidentally did once while teamed up with my brother... His warning came about three seconds too late, and this was my first Zinogre ^^"
Shock traps do work safely on Stygian, though, as a heads up. Some hunters just assume otherwise, like my brother did, so I just wanted to let you know cat

Amaku wrote:
found out Zinogre is pretty sensitive to Poison. I also fought online for a bit, and received my first Guild Card :D. There was this one guy who used the Light Bowgun, it doesn't really seem to suit him. He had some pretty weak armor too(I guess it's Gunner Armour doesn't have good defense..), so when he got hit, he lost more then half health or instantly died. I also tried to fight the DLC Quru(An Ominous Cry) with a couple of High Ranked people and one with the same HR as me. But we failed because of Savage Jho. :/

I didn't know Zinogre were sensitive to poison... Seems I'm still learning new things about the game even now. But, yeah, gunner armor does have less defense, and by a good difference to its blade counterpart, but it has a tendency to have better elemental stats, from what I've noticed. That DLC Quru's main purpose, by the way, in that mission is to summon the Savage Jho... Whole reason that quest became my priority when I learned about the award for killing one from my brother, which bothered him, even after we got it done xD
Fought Gold Ian a couple of times yesterday, did some forging, including making the nice sword and shield from her, and faced the Abyssal and showed him to my roommates, which led to much video watching of hunts with them. I reached rank 175 before I had to wrap up for the day to handle class matters... I'll be aiming again for Gold Ian, Abyssal, and Dire Miralis for materials and, in Gold Ian's case, hopefully a small crown.
Back to top Go down
ViralN9
Kelbi
ViralN9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 'Murica

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 10:16 pm

^ Gunner armors are better elementally to help them deal with all of the elemental projectile they are supposed to get launched at them all the time; doesn't help them when the monster decides to trample them like they often do.

I've been going through the incredibly tedious process of farming for True armor spheres for my armors. *Looks around to make sure that freaking Uragaan hasn't sunk up on him.*

Last edited by ViralN9 on Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Verity19
Black Gravios
Verity19

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 1:52 pm

^Yeah, elemental stats aren't going to help with trampling, just elemental attacks...
That Uragaan, though... It just enjoys bothering hunters who are simply there for mining. I enjoy a good material and armor sphere run in the volcano, going in with pickaxes and everything, but that Uragaan just wants to fight every time, unless the Agna beats it to the call, which is rare ">.>

Fit in three full rounds of "Ring of the Golden Lune" yesterday, along with accidentally not finishing one and having to do so just now. I'm hoping to get the small crown for her soon, maybe get lucky and have a good advanced quest show so I can try to use a crown from that >.>
Back to top Go down
Ataraxia
Rajang
Ataraxia

Thank you Points : 33

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 7:40 pm

So I've been hunting a fair amount recently, burning through a lot of HR6 with the surprisingly good community of randoms (I guess most of the toxic ones left or something) scoring all the Helios Z pieces I need. Just need a Lagia Sapphire to complete the X waist and that'll be me sorted for a while I think.

Glad to be back, rust isn't as bad as I thought it would be; in fact it didn't seem to affect me at all. I guess playing League for this long has had some positive effects after all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hunting Journal
Page 13 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 20 ... 27  Next