Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
There must be a massive hunt day Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
There must be a massive hunt day Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

There must be a massive hunt day

Go down 
+14
Tomderdepp
Un-Tan
toadmasterCC
BoredForLife
Oni Zelkami
MetaMarx
Vivi
TheLaw
Roon
Antari18
PAiN---
E&Troy
Ataraxia
Sai_
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Will you pledge to come to the massive hunt weekend on TBA date?
Yes
There must be a massive hunt day I_vote_lcap83%There must be a massive hunt day I_vote_rcap
 83% [ 15 ]
No
There must be a massive hunt day I_vote_lcap17%There must be a massive hunt day I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 18

AuthorMessage
Sai_
Seltas Queen
Sai_

Thank you Points : 19

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): U.S.A

There must be a massive hunt day Empty
PostSubject: There must be a massive hunt day   There must be a massive hunt day Icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 5:07 am

The frequency of playing among forum members has died significantly considering how many forum members there are playing. People who have been playing since launch day have been playing less and less; additionally, recent and old forum members have gotten mh3u for Christmas or recently, and the numbers of new players have been slowly increasing. I propose a date in which all forum members with access to mh3u online can play together in order to shorten this gap of new and old generation of mh3u players and to incite the hunting spirit.

The specific date, cities, etc can be discussed further in this thread. One rule to this hunting day is to limit rooms to sizes of 3, but keep the technical room size to 4 people. Why? This can be utilized to rotate hunters easily. The goal of this massive hunt is to introduce hunters to new people and establish a hunting relationship. When a hunter has played a few quests, s/he can easily move to another city and hunt with another group.

Last edited by Sai_ on Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ataraxia
Rajang
Ataraxia

Thank you Points : 33

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: There must be a massive hunt day   There must be a massive hunt day Icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 6:17 am

I'm up for that, the problem being, as it always has been, is time zones and other commitments though
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: There must be a massive hunt day   There must be a massive hunt day Icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 2:06 pm

That would be really cool, but it would be nice if it lasted more than just one day. A massive hunt week would be cool, but that might be a bit overboard.
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: There must be a massive hunt day   There must be a massive hunt day Icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 2:59 pm

This is a good idea saisan. I would definitely join in. For timezones, those on the opposite side of the world can play with people they still haven't hunted with in the same timezones. I would think a weekend would be best for those still in school and those that usually work on weekdays. Perhaps making this thread also a Poll to see how many users would actually participate? Brainstorm, we must. /ok/
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
Sai_
Seltas Queen
Sai_

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: There must be a massive hunt day   There must be a massive hunt day Icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 5:44 pm

Making a poll would be a good idea; people can pledge to come so we'll know who will come. Do you think we should reach a certain amount of people before we launch a date, or should we go with whomever joins?

We could have a hunt weekend to overcome the time zone issues.
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: There must be a massive hunt day   There must be a massive hunt day Icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 6:23 pm

Count me in Yes by vort
Back to top Go down
http://gbforever.net
Sai_
Seltas Queen
Sai_

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: There must be a massive hunt day   There must be a massive hunt day Icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 7:08 pm

I'll keep this poll running for maybe a few weeks so we can have enough people to hunt with. I'd say we go for at least 3 or 4 groups of 3 people to keep it relatively big.

Would you guys rather have it be a Friday - Saturday event or a Saturday-Sunday event?
Back to top Go down
Roon
Shagaru Magala
Roon

Thank you Points : 63

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: There must be a massive hunt day   There must be a massive hunt day Icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 8:05 pm

It would depend upon what day and time as to whether or not I can participate. I am interested in completing my G Rank quests though.
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: There must be a massive hunt day   There must be a massive hunt day Icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 8:16 pm

About 12 people seems like a decent number to start from, then the more the better.
Back to top Go down
Sai_
Seltas Queen
Sai_

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: There must be a massive hunt day   There must be a massive hunt day Icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 8:40 pm

I think there is around a 5-8 hour difference between the West and East hemispheres, so I think people living on the West Hemispheres should hunt in the morning to accommodate to East's time since they live in the future, so I could be playing at 11am or 12pm and it would be evening in the East. That way we can have at least 3-4 hours to hunt cross-regionally with less stress.
Back to top Go down
TheLaw
TheLaw

Thank you Points : 10

3DS friends code: 0748-2193-3471
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Australia

PostSubject: Re: There must be a massive hunt day   There must be a massive hunt day Icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 11:17 pm

I'm up for it, but I'm only available all day on weekends, GMT+8 is my timezone
Back to top Go down
https://mhwiki.forumotion.net/u3769
Sai_
Seltas Queen
Sai_

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: There must be a massive hunt day   There must be a massive hunt day Icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 11:38 pm

Okay, this is getting bigger now. So far we have:

Sai
Ata
Troy
Pain
Antari
Roon (?)
and Law

am I missing anyone or mistakenly put someone on this list?
Back to top Go down
Vivi
Najarala
Vivi

Thank you Points : 46

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): My connectivity is fine, thank you.

PostSubject: Re: There must be a massive hunt day   There must be a massive hunt day Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 2:48 am

Count me in, this could be fun after all~
Back to top Go down
https://mhwiki.forumotion.net/u2509
MetaMarx
Rajang
MetaMarx

Thank you Points : 16

3DS friends code: 4382-2261-9491

PostSubject: Re: There must be a massive hunt day   There must be a massive hunt day Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 3:03 am

I'm definitely in
Back to top Go down
Sai_
Seltas Queen
Sai_

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: There must be a massive hunt day   There must be a massive hunt day Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 1:36 pm

I also think we should have room hosts that won't migrate into cities, but instead will just host the rooms (unless they need to leave, which they can just give the room to someone else). They won't have to move so it's easier for people to join in rooms without created one themselves. Anyone want to be a room host?
Back to top Go down
Oni Zelkami
Lao-Shan Lung
Oni Zelkami

Thank you Points : 151

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: There must be a massive hunt day   There must be a massive hunt day Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 2:34 pm

I'd gladly participate, the problem is, I lost my glasses. That might sound stupid, but there's something about my TV and Monster Hunter's Resolution on said TV that makes my eyes water and sore up if i'm not wearing my glasses. I'd jump right back in if I found them.
Back to top Go down
BoredForLife
Kecha Wacha
BoredForLife

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code: 0490-5393-4041
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Greece

PostSubject: Re: There must be a massive hunt day   There must be a massive hunt day Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 3:11 pm

Well I dont have a WiiU so I cant be online. But best luck to you people :P
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: There must be a massive hunt day   There must be a massive hunt day Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 6:15 pm

Sai_ wrote:
I also think we should have room hosts that won't migrate into cities, but instead will just host the rooms (unless they need to leave, which they can just give the room to someone else). They won't have to move so it's easier for people to join in rooms without created one themselves. Anyone want to be a room host?

I was thinking the same thing Sai, we should have a room host for atleast the first few hunts. Then rotate or something, that way hosts could play with each other. And I'd gladly host a room.

Back to top Go down
Sai_
Seltas Queen
Sai_

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: There must be a massive hunt day   There must be a massive hunt day Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 6:25 pm

Oright I forgot about the hosts playing with other hosts. Alright, we're almost at our goal. Then we can decide on what day to play. I have also noticed that January is usually the month where grades are finished for schools and finals are here for semesters. I'm not sure if this applies to anyone, but if it does, I think it deserves to be mentioned so we can find a date where it can fit into most if not all's schedule. I don't care about finals so it doesn't bother me what day it is as long as it's a weekend.

I also don't mind being a host, but that may not work out since I wake up at like 2pm on Saturdays, so I'll probably set an alarm clock  :nya: 
Back to top Go down
toadmasterCC
Popo
toadmasterCC

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: There must be a massive hunt day   There must be a massive hunt day Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 6:32 pm

I shall join in the glorious hunt, my fellow comrades. We shall hunt for the glory of Mother Russia!
(Sorry for that, I felt a bit Russian)

All joking aside, I'm in. And if you need a spare host, I'm up for it.
Back to top Go down
Sai_
Seltas Queen
Sai_

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: There must be a massive hunt day   There must be a massive hunt day Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 7:56 pm

Alright we need liike 2-3 more people and I think we're set.
Back to top Go down
Un-Tan
Seltas Queen
Un-Tan

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: There must be a massive hunt day   There must be a massive hunt day Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 11:34 am

I only really hunt with one other person these days, but if you can meet that requirement. sure why not.
Back to top Go down
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): EU

PostSubject: Re: There must be a massive hunt day   There must be a massive hunt day Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 11:43 am

I'd love too, but i only have 3ds unfortunately:(
Back to top Go down
Sai_
Seltas Queen
Sai_

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: There must be a massive hunt day   There must be a massive hunt day Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 8:37 am

It appears we have enough people now. How does January 24-26 look on people's schedule?
Back to top Go down
MHWF
MHWikiForums
MHWF

Thank you Points : 31

3DS friends code: 4468-1021-0797
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: There must be a massive hunt day   There must be a massive hunt day Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 11:15 am

Sai, I appreciate you taking the initiative to set something like this up. It's really good to get involved.

But might I sugggest not closing it off because you feel you have enough people? The MHWikiForum has Set up Massive Hunt Days in the past that have gone quite well and if you are willing I would like to exstend an invitation to our companion sites to join us on Januar 24-26th and also have a post open to the whole forum.

Also for those who only have the 3DS version we can get them to set up local events for that weekend as well. A bit short notice but it could work.

What do you think?

MHWF
Back to top Go down
https://mhwiki.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: There must be a massive hunt day   There must be a massive hunt day Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

There must be a massive hunt day
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next