Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
A question about Bows and damage Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
A question about Bows and damage Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A question about Bows and damage

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Reaperfan
Kelbi

Thank you Points : 0

A question about Bows and damage Empty
PostSubject: A question about Bows and damage   A question about Bows and damage Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 8:31 pm

So I'm trying to make a general-purpose Bow build, and have settled on the Green Nargacuga Armor for it's skills (Focus, Stamina Recovery, Evasion).  So I'm trying to decide what to skill to gem/charm in for damage and I think I've narrowed it down to two options, but I'm not sure which one would be better.  The first is to go with Elemental, and the other is to have a set each for Normal/Pierce/Pellet up and swap between them depending on the bow I'm using.

So my question is, which would generally give me better damage output, Elemental or the Shot Up skills?

EDIT: And while I'm on it, I've never figured out what food skills are best for the Bow. I've been defaulting to Black Belt so that dodging doesn't put such a strain on my stamina, but are there better options of things I should be looking for?
Back to top Go down
Sai_
Seltas Queen
Sai_

Thank you Points : 19

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: A question about Bows and damage   A question about Bows and damage Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 8:40 pm

Element is better.

Get Felyne Temper so it adds more raw damage. Getting Felyne Blackbelt is useless because you already have Stamina Rec up.
Back to top Go down
Reaperfan
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: A question about Bows and damage   A question about Bows and damage Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 9:25 pm

Sai_ wrote:
Element is better.

Get Felyne Temper so it adds more raw damage. Getting Felyne Blackbelt is useless because you already have Stamina Rec up.

I guess I always figured Temper didn't work since it specified Bowgun in its description. Thanks Yes by vort
Back to top Go down
Sai_
Seltas Queen
Sai_

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: A question about Bows and damage   A question about Bows and damage Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 10:24 pm

Yeah, this game isn't clear through text, but Felyne Temper does add bow damage.
Back to top Go down
Reaperfan
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: A question about Bows and damage   A question about Bows and damage Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 11:32 pm

Sai_ wrote:
Yeah, this game isn't clear through text, but Felyne Temper does add bow damage.

In that same vein, does Sharpshooter affect Rapid shots? Obviously not as universal as Temper, but couldn't hurt to know Yes by vort
Back to top Go down
Sai_
Seltas Queen
Sai_

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: A question about Bows and damage   A question about Bows and damage Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 11:50 pm

It should, although I'm not sure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A question about Bows and damage   A question about Bows and damage Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A question about Bows and damage
Page 1 of 1