Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Day 1 speculation Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Day 1 speculation Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Day 1 speculation

Go down 
+16
Raptor98
Oni Zelkami
Bidoof
dcj91x
Cambell
Lucas
Will
Tomderdepp
Warruz
TKMT
Antari18
GobulHunterJames
MHWF
Lalo
PAiN---
Phazon Xenomorph
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

Thank you Points : 97

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

Day 1 speculation Empty
PostSubject: Day 1 speculation   Day 1 speculation Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 2:12 pm

I'm gonna go out on a limb here even though it should be commonsense, buuuuut....

I'm going to guess that MH4U will bring back my personal favorite monster, the White Fatalis. After all with Black and Crimson being in MH4, and that the U(G) series always brings more monsters and subspecies, I'm expecting my personal favorite to return!
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

Day 1 speculation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day 1 speculation   Day 1 speculation Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 6:21 pm

Hopefully they bring back white fatty since he wasn't in MH4. I'm super stoked to fights him and my favorite (Rajang). New weapons is what I'm really interested in, though in always going to main GS.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
Lalo
Gore Magala
Lalo

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

Day 1 speculation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day 1 speculation   Day 1 speculation Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 10:43 pm

A dessert zone was announced, that pretty much says "DIABLOS IS BACK"
Back to top Go down
MHWF
MHWikiForums
MHWF

Thank you Points : 31

3DS friends code: 4468-1021-0797
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

Day 1 speculation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day 1 speculation   Day 1 speculation Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 11:14 pm

Diablos will return and my money is on the return of swiming as well! Here's hoping.
Back to top Go down
https://mhwiki.forumotion.net
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

3DS friends code:

Day 1 speculation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day 1 speculation   Day 1 speculation Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 12:07 am

Better not be swimming. Without a Circle Pad Pro its a pain to control and most people these days have 3ds XL's and the official circle pad pro for it was very limited apparently for whatever reason.

On an actual console and not a handheld the swimming part is fine cause camera control is easy, on a 3ds though its horrid for movement, positioning, everything.
Back to top Go down
MHWF
MHWikiForums
MHWF

Day 1 speculation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day 1 speculation   Day 1 speculation Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 2:02 am

Nova wrote:
Better not be swimming. Without a Circle Pad Pro its a pain to control and most people these days have 3ds XL's and the official circle pad pro for it was very limited apparently for whatever reason.

On an actual console and not a handheld the swimming part is fine cause camera control is easy, on a 3ds though its horrid for movement, positioning, everything.

Nevrr had a problem with swiming on the 3DS. In fact I thought it was better than it was on tri or 3U on the wiiu for the simple favt I could judge my distance a lot better. Controls were also fine oberall I have CPP for the XL... ovrrall I felt everything on the 3DS worked better without it.
Back to top Go down
GobulHunterJames
Kecha Wacha
GobulHunterJames

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): UK

Day 1 speculation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day 1 speculation   Day 1 speculation Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 6:33 am

Nova wrote:

Camera Control is pretty easy for me on the 3DS, I just have the camera control set to the top right of the touch screen so I can just move my thumb to the left a bit and move it as I like. No need for the Circle Pad Pro for me. When I'm using a bow the lock-on option is good enough for me so I don't need to use the camera control for that.

Anyways, past that I'm gonna see how well I do with the Charge Axe, I love using Sword and Shield so it'll be nice to have that style then change to the powerful mode when the monster's vulnerable.
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

Day 1 speculation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day 1 speculation   Day 1 speculation Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 9:43 am

Well I'm expecting this game to be equivalent of 3U so all low/high/G rank armours should be there, same goes for weapons (we'll probably get some decent purple sharpness weapons this time). I'm also hoping they'll redesign look of each HR armor on G rank like they did in 3U. Aspecially Daren Mohran one (Jhen and Daren are my fav armor lines). That's the main reason I'm buying it for G rank armors.

Not interested that much on new weapons, will definitely go with GS for the most game like always. Hope there's good awaken slime GS with acces to purple and few slots this time (equivalent of grongigas hammer).

Actually the main wish is that they'll fix problem caused by excavation weapons. It's fairly easy - just buff raw of weapons which comes from monsters in game and leave random excavation gear as it's now.
Back to top Go down
http://gbforever.net
GobulHunterJames
Kecha Wacha
GobulHunterJames

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): UK

Day 1 speculation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day 1 speculation   Day 1 speculation Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 12:09 pm

Antari18 wrote:
I'm also hoping they'll redesign look of each HR armor on G rank like they did in 3U.
Most likely, they did the same thing in the G rank of Monster Hunter Freedom Unite.
So if they did that in the G rank of 2 and 3, there's no doubt it'll be like that on 4's G rank.
Back to top Go down
TKMT
Seltas
TKMT

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America, U.S.

Day 1 speculation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day 1 speculation   Day 1 speculation Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 1:46 pm

Nova wrote:

Not for me.
Do players not use the Virtual D-pad?
Back to top Go down
Warruz
Kelbi
Warruz

Thank you Points : 0

Day 1 speculation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day 1 speculation   Day 1 speculation Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 1:47 pm

Some new Weapon(im thinking a new ranger weapon, maybe Javelins or something)
G Rank back in Action
Desert Monsters(Diablo)
Bugs - I think there will be a large inclusion of more bug monsters as they are the new thing in 4

I really would like to see an improvement to the online lobby system for Monster Hunter, sure the other worked but finding people who where doing the same thing as you was a hell of a process if it was a more obscure monster then Rathalos(Ice Barroth for example) and the friend system could also use an improvement.

Back to top Go down
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): EU

Day 1 speculation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day 1 speculation   Day 1 speculation Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 2:37 pm

i doubt there will be under water in 4u. as you can transfere the data from 4 to 4u i assume lr/hr are the same in both games and 2-3 new monsters in G-rank + some new subspecies of the others (just like in mhfu). maybe some old dessert monsters will return (really hope for crabs, I liked the crabs)

so what to you think bout the dlc? will we get all/most of it? like mario/zelda/one piece stuff...
quite interrested in the streetpass functions (and hoping I'll get a few streetpasses this time had like 5 in whole of 3u)
Back to top Go down
MHWF
MHWikiForums
MHWF

Day 1 speculation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day 1 speculation   Day 1 speculation Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 3:00 pm

Mario, zelda, and one piece are all things already out in the west or directly from nintendo. Not advertisements like a lot of event quests from previous games that applied only to the japanese audiance. So its likely that we will be getting all of that.
Back to top Go down
Will
Rathalos
Will

Thank you Points : 45

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 'Murica

Day 1 speculation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day 1 speculation   Day 1 speculation Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 7:35 pm

Can't wait for the "I dun care if it only has combo +45%, dung master, and Defense down large I GEET TO LOOK LIEK LINK!!!!!!" scrubs. I also can't wait to see how they make white fatty not trash to fight. I'm assuming Ukanlos will be in and Im hoping alatreon will be back.

Back to top Go down
Lucas
Rathalos
Lucas

Thank you Points : 63

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations

Day 1 speculation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day 1 speculation   Day 1 speculation Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 7:39 pm

Will wrote:
Can't wait for the "I dun care if it only has combo +45%, dung master, and Defense down large I GEET TO LOOK LIEK LINK!!!!!!" scrubs. I also can't wait to see how they make white fatty not trash to fight. I'm assuming Ukanlos will be in and Im hoping alatreon will be back.

Luckily they changed most of Black Fatalis movesets so there is hope for White Fatalis to get some actual moves, too.
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

Day 1 speculation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day 1 speculation   Day 1 speculation Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 8:12 pm

I dunno why most people link this new desert environment to Diablos. Diablos armor is already in game, you can trade it. I think blos is just too obvious and they'll bring back some older mons from MHFU like crabs and stuff.

Also really curious what will be the main gimmick of 4U. In 3U we got new monster (Brachy) and slime which at least change few things up. I'm really hoping they'll do something similar in 4U.

One thing for sure - completely new monster is a must.
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

3DS friends code:

Day 1 speculation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day 1 speculation   Day 1 speculation Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 10:19 pm

I would never touch the touchscreen with my fingers, thats an easy way to ruin them quicker.

Also I don't care so much if his moveset changes somewhat but they better keep the 1 shot white fata lightning attacks.
Back to top Go down
Will
Rathalos
Will

Thank you Points : 45

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 'Murica

Day 1 speculation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day 1 speculation   Day 1 speculation Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 10:25 pm

Nova wrote:
I would never touch the touchscreen with my fingers, thats an easy way to ruin them quicker.

Also I don't care so much if his moveset changes somewhat but they better keep the 1 shot white fata lightning attacks.
I'd actually be ok with him keeping the OHKO lightning simply because it was so easy to avoid, but the rest of his "Imma fuggin meat wall lololololololololololololol" move set was probably the worst thing ever.
Back to top Go down
MHWF
MHWikiForums
MHWF

Day 1 speculation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day 1 speculation   Day 1 speculation Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 3:18 am

Nova wrote:

Huh?
Back to top Go down
Cambell
Aptonoth
Cambell

Day 1 speculation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day 1 speculation   Day 1 speculation Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 10:57 pm

It would be great to have another new weapon and heaps of new monsters in 4U, but I have to agree with Antari, that it will be very similar to 3U. There might be a few new monsters, and a few subspecies, plus some other old monsters, with the expected armour and weapons from the G rank.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:

Day 1 speculation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day 1 speculation   Day 1 speculation Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 12:22 pm

They may add the mhfgg's Tonfas. The weapons are already in MH and it would give another blunt weapon on top of the hammers.

that will give the Tonfa's as a quick impact, Hammers as a heavy impact and lances that will do impact and slicing.

Bow, ligh/heavy bowgun for range and all the sliging weapons.

They have already announced some new areas and that MH4U/g will have more interactive terain features and monster elements. And as in all G games we can at least exspect 3 or so new monsters and 5-8 returning favorites... So about 10 additional large monsters at least? (10 is the number they usually add to new games in a generation) and most likely some small ones as well i'd guess.

If so this would give MH4U .. well 15 weapon types, and about 82-90 monsters. Making 4Ultimate the largest main series game to date.
Back to top Go down
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

3DS friends code:

Day 1 speculation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day 1 speculation   Day 1 speculation Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 12:41 pm

i highly doubt they will introduce a new weapon type in a g version. especially when 4 allready had 2 new weapon types.
but the new weapon types only had like 5 weapon paths each in mh4, so i think they will just highly increase the number of avialable bug staffs and charge axes.
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

Day 1 speculation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day 1 speculation   Day 1 speculation Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 7:45 pm

They need to introduce something NEW so new weapon type is one of few things possible. Maybe new range weapon finally? Boomerang? Anyone with me?

In other words they need something to sell this expansion, like Brachy and slime sold 3U and so on. Tbh i'm not sure what to expect because they introduced so many new things in regular 4. It can be pretty much anything.

I'm hoping to get Gun Sword which will be simply GS with addition of shells, pretty much like Lance vs GL. Imagine that you can unload all shels after Lv3 charge or shot one after draw slash. This will make my year. Literally. But it looks like it'll never happen because people don't like slow weapon movement and tend to use Duals, LS etc. Tonfas are actually materialization of this trend. Not my cup of tea...
Back to top Go down
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

3DS friends code:

Day 1 speculation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day 1 speculation   Day 1 speculation Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 4:36 am

all they they need to sell this expansion (in Japan) is a G-Rank, a few new monsters and some new subs. for the west they don't even need that as everything from 4 is new for us...

allway remember that 3U was an exception to all the other G-versions, as it was on a totally different platform and as there allready was Portable3rd which was more or less the same game but without underwater and fewer Monsters.
also if you go back where are the new things in Unite? (haven't played any of the other games, so i don't know about them)
Back to top Go down
Bidoof
Aptonoth
Bidoof

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

Day 1 speculation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day 1 speculation   Day 1 speculation Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 6:18 am

I had something to say but then I started reading through the thread and forgot fml. but from what i remember:

- Based on what people have said, I'm going to assume as well that white fatalis will be back.
- Really would prefer they didn't put water fighting in this game, but I'm not going to be shitty if it does make it into the game.
- Hoping Lunastra will make it in since Teostra is in MH4.
- Guessing Daren will have a sub species, but that's just from Jhen ---> Hallowed from tri to 3U.

Just hope they don't remove any monsters from 4 in 4U but I really doubt they would - and if they do remove monster, I hope it's something that was in 3U
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Day 1 speculation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day 1 speculation   Day 1 speculation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Day 1 speculation
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next