Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk

Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Monster Hunter XX (Double Cross) for 3DS

Share | 

Next new weapon ideas

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DarkFallinRain
Popo

Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Next new weapon ideas   Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:37 am

So,I have noticed there are alot of melee classes in the game,but i would like to see a long range weapon for the new weapon.I haven't got any ideas about this..so anyone have any ideas?
Back to top Go down
GobulHunterJames
Kecha Wacha

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): UK

PostSubject: Re: Next new weapon ideas   Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:44 am

It's hard to think of anything new, besides ranged classes are a lot more versatile than melee classes.
A number of melee classes are similar, but just have their moves changed, whereas bowguns all are used the same way.
We have Heavy Bowguns, which are like the heavy melee weapons such as Greatsword, or Lance. Light Bowguns which combine power and speed like Hammers, Longswords. And the Bow, which is weaker but much more faster like Sword and Shield or Dual Blades.
Back to top Go down
DarkFallinRain
Popo

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Next new weapon ideas   Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:25 pm

That is true, but someone could come up with something. Maybe,small dual pistols or something like a cannon instead.I use most of the melee weapons, but we have to do something for the long ranged players.
Back to top Go down
Warruz
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: Next new weapon ideas   Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:14 pm

I to would like to see another range weapon but there is only a number of things I can think of since as someone else mentioned bow guns are quite versatile.

Atlatl or Javelins , could have a unique ability to pin certain monsters down if their hands or feet are hit and are slow and heavy.
Back to top Go down
GobulHunterJames
Kecha Wacha

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): UK

PostSubject: Re: Next new weapon ideas   Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:26 pm

Problem I see with things like Javelins is actually making the weapon. With current bows you have a weapon that fires easily obtainable ammo, while Javelins are the ammo itself. Monster Hunter isn't that type of game to have you throw a Javelin and have it inexplicably appear back in your hand. It also wouldn't make much sense with making the weapon gives you an unlimited stock of Javelins from probably 5 bones and 8 scales.

Honestly the best I can come up with would be like a mix of Hunting Horn and Bow where instead of having different shots on a charge level, it creates a music note. (Totally not copying the bard weapon on FF14)
Back to top Go down
Warruz
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: Next new weapon ideas   Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:26 pm

@GobulHunterJames wrote:
Problem I see with things like Javelins is actually making the weapon. With current bows you have a weapon that fires easily obtainable ammo, while Javelins are the ammo itself. Monster Hunter isn't that type of game to have you throw a Javelin and have it inexplicably appear back in your hand. It also wouldn't make much sense with making the weapon gives you an unlimited stock of Javelins from probably 5 bones and 8 scales.

Honestly the best I can come up with would be like a mix of Hunting Horn and Bow where instead of having different shots on a charge level, it creates a music note. (Totally not copying the bard weapon on FF14)

Thats why I mentioned an Atlatl , so the weapon would be an glorified Atlatl(think big and two handed) and an ammo box to get more spears to throw.

I do admit though its hard to think of varied range weapons because the versatility of Bowguns, perhaps that the real issue and bowguns should be further divided into different things.
Back to top Go down
sdand1
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: Next new weapon ideas   Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:13 am

mini crossbow,ak-47:),mini dragonator
Back to top Go down
Sindri_Alvanis
Kelbi

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Next new weapon ideas   Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:53 am

Range doesn't need to explicitly mean projectile. Maybe throw some mid-range weapons in? Someone had a neat Boomerang thread with some sketches that could work.

One that comes to mind for me personally? Chain. Getting too close would mess with your range of motion / attacks, too far puts you out of reach.

Standard attacks could be quick and wide, with heavy attacks being very deliberate wind-up and swing cracks. The key feature would be a special that would let the hunter pull themselves towards the monster very quickly, which could be insanely useful for covering gaps when a monster goes down and you can't sprint into range before it gets back up.

Being MonHun, adding some extra bits to them for clever engineering purposes would be pretty rad too; they could have extendable lengths that could wrap around monsters like Star Wars tow cables that would detach. Think real-life bolo binding that snap off the end of the chain. The hunter would then let more off the spool like a fishing rod.

You'd have to reload chain spools after a lot of binding (like Charge Blade phials) after X amount of binds. Also due to the high stagger / bind rates, they'd definitely be weaker hit for hit (Sword and Shield or Dual Blade territory).

I dunno. Just off the top of my head?
Back to top Go down
http://core-games.com
Crystalis
Najarala

Thank you Points : 26

3DS friends code: 3909-8402-8213
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Next new weapon ideas   Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:01 am

I would like to see a Halberd weapon class, combining a spear with an axehead along a pole would make for interesting interactions.
Back to top Go down
th8827
Cephalos

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code: 0533-4039-4608
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations

PostSubject: Re: Next new weapon ideas   Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:29 am

I would like to see a "Melee" weapon, with the weapon being fist, special gloves, or iron knuckles. Maybe with Wolverine-style claw weapons, as well.

Nothing would be more satisfying than punching out a Rajang or Deviljho.
Back to top Go down
Sindri_Alvanis
Kelbi

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Next new weapon ideas   Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:34 am

Knuckles are always rad, i'd definitely run them if they were heavy enough. I main Great Sword and Charge Blade because of my unhealthy love with huge single finishing moves, so if I could rack up power with light hits, then use a strong attack finisher like an explosive jab or uppercut, that would rule so hard. Big O punch on contact. Yes please.

A cool mechanic with that would actually be to have Knuckles excessively strong and fast, but outright replace arm armor. It could have extra slots to set back up a few of the skills lost, but would be focused more or less entirely on raw attack without armor skills as backup.

Gotta keep strengths and weaknesses balanced!
Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin

Thank you Points : 89

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Next new weapon ideas   Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:58 am

There have always been a lot of these "new weapon" threads around here, but I keep finding myself with a question:

Do we really need more weapons?

I get that it's exciting, but there's already a pretty large array of weapons with different mechanics and moves. The more they add, the more they might risk making each weapon have it's distinct strengths and weaknesses. Most of the time when I see new ideas, they cover some very specific angle to avoid being too much like existing weapons, which causes them to be way too one-note to be usable.

That being said, I'm all for portable dragonators.
Back to top Go down
Sindri_Alvanis
Kelbi

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Next new weapon ideas   Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:23 am

So we'll just combine the dragonator into the knuckles as the Big O piston punch thing.

Done and done!
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Diablos

Thank you Points : 30

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations

PostSubject: Re: Next new weapon ideas   Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:05 am

Combination Fist/Gun. Not gun as in, it doesn't shoot something at a range, but in that it can take bowgun ammo.

Equip the ammo like the bow coatings and each strike will have the fist damage + Bowgun damage component.

You would have to reload every so often, and would only be able to equip gunner armor. Moveset would be similar to the dual-blades, but not as much twirling. Power-move would be placing your hands together in one spot and unloading all your current ammo. 0 Fist damage, but multiple shot damage.

What do you all think?

Last edited by Sephastus on Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Crystalis
Najarala

Thank you Points : 26

3DS friends code: 3909-8402-8213

PostSubject: Re: Next new weapon ideas   Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:30 am

So basically Yang's fighting style from RWBY? lol
Back to top Go down
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Spain

PostSubject: Re: Next new weapon ideas   Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:49 pm

Portable Ballistas:

One reload, one shot. Great range, outshining even your average Bowgun's Pierce rounds. As the name suggests, basically it amounts to single-action, portable Ballistas. Movement speed and capabilities would be comparable to a de-limited Light Bowgun. Can go into Siege mode for a faster fire-rate.

Multiple round types:
- Normal (Infinite, what you'll mostly be using. NOT useless!)
- Piercing (Multiple hits allow it to potentially outdamage other rounds shot-for-shot, but are slow-loading and require the monster to be pretty big/long, as the interval between hits is longer)
- Heavy Rounds (High damage, but not that good for part-breaking)
- Explosive Rounds (Good damage, great for part-breaking, but require extra distance to do optimal damage)
- Trap Rounds (Shock/Pitfall Traps that are remotely deployable. Not sure what'd happen if they hit a monster directly...)

Not sure if elements and/or status effects would be a good idea, as it's basically the Gunner's Greatsword.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/InstaCakes
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next new weapon ideas   Today at 11:30 am

Back to top Go down

Next new weapon ideas
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1