Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Eclipse Gambit Set Recommendation? Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Eclipse Gambit Set Recommendation? Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Eclipse Gambit Set Recommendation?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Shindouz
Popo

Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

Eclipse Gambit Set Recommendation? Empty
PostSubject: Eclipse Gambit Set Recommendation?   Eclipse Gambit Set Recommendation? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 1:51 pm

Set 1
Crit Eye 3
Combination Pro
Pierce Up
Weakness Exploit

Im currently using this set however i notice this set lacks of mobility but considering combination pro boost up my damage should i abandon it and gem in evade extender? /pokr/
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

Thank you Points : 32

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Eclipse Gambit Set Recommendation?   Eclipse Gambit Set Recommendation? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 11:41 am

Heavy BG use is all about positioning. Since you have that heavy bow gun, I will assume you have learned how to properly move and position yourself without getting killed. I do not know what Armor set you used to get you the above skills, but combination Pro is not helping you out at all. If you CAN get evade extender, go for it. A dead hunter does no damage!
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Eclipse Gambit Set Recommendation?   Eclipse Gambit Set Recommendation? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 9:24 am

I'd go for:

CE+3
Challenger+2
Pierce Up

Easy to make, endgame set and overkill on Plessy, Jhen, Lagi. I have crazy tali so I can fit Reload Speed+1 there but it's just for looks. 

Weakness Expliot works better on weapons with negative affinity like Griffon Blazooka. It's second best pierce gun in game but works different than Eclipse Gambit. You need Recoil Down+1 for starters.

It's really funny though how easy it's to make Peak Performance, Pierce Up, Weakness Exploit, Recoil down+1 early in the game so before you get to L. Narga go for Griffon Blazooka with the set above. I used to solo farm Ceadeus and Goldbeard with it with some good times.
Back to top Go down
http://gbforever.net
Shindouz
Popo

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: Eclipse Gambit Set Recommendation?   Eclipse Gambit Set Recommendation? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 10:51 am

Antari18 wrote:
I'd go for:

CE+3
Challenger+2
Pierce Up

Easy to make, endgame set and overkill on Plessy, Jhen, Lagi. I have crazy tali so I can fit Reload Speed+1 there but it's just for looks. 

Weakness Expliot works better on weapons with negative affinity like Griffon Blazooka. It's second best pierce gun in game but works different than Eclipse Gambit. You need Recoil Down+1 for starters.

It's really funny though how easy it's to make Peak Performance, Pierce Up, Weakness Exploit, Recoil down+1 early in the game so before you get to L. Narga go for Griffon Blazooka with the set above. I used to solo farm Ceadeus and Goldbeard with it with some good times.

Thanks for the great info unfortunately I can't fit in reload speed + 1. I'm having trouble with G rank Jhen Mohran with the gambit I always either ran out of bullets or the ship is destroyed at the end.

I need to break the arms as well for allbraces any technique suggestion?
Back to top Go down
Shindouz
Popo

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: Eclipse Gambit Set Recommendation?   Eclipse Gambit Set Recommendation? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 7:12 am

Antari18 wrote:
I'd go for:

CE+3
Challenger+2
Pierce Up

u mentioned u have
challenger 2
crit eye 3
pierce up and reload up + 1 for show

what do u mean exactly for show? doesnt reload up increases the reload speed of the HBG?
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Eclipse Gambit Set Recommendation?   Eclipse Gambit Set Recommendation? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 8:30 am

Yes it helps a little but it's completely unnecessary here. I wouldn't bother if i were you. challenger 2, crit eye 3, pierce up is overkill on gambit. You can gem in 4th skill if you have very specific tali avilable only in certain tables. I have reload speed+4, Expert+10. I guess not everybody in this game have it since it's avilable only on 6,7,9 tables.
Back to top Go down
http://gbforever.net
Shindouz
Popo

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: Eclipse Gambit Set Recommendation?   Eclipse Gambit Set Recommendation? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 11:23 am

90% critical is godly already i guess its impossible to go 100%
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eclipse Gambit Set Recommendation?   Eclipse Gambit Set Recommendation? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eclipse Gambit Set Recommendation?
Page 1 of 1