Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!

MH4Ultimate releases this Friday, February 13th!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk

Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
What's hunting you?

Share | 

Why Sonic Boom might be a good sign for Monster Hunter Online from China!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dcj91x
Fatalis

Thank you Points : 284

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Why Sonic Boom might be a good sign for Monster Hunter Online from China!   Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:52 pm

Sonic Boom is an upcoming game for the WiiU which uses an advanced version of the CryEngine 3. For those who who do not know what that is you can read here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_using_CryEngine

Another game which uses the CryEngine 3 is Monster Hunter Online developed in China by Tencent Games and Capcom.

Crytek, who makes the CryEngine, announced on April 19th stated in a press release:

CryENGINE 3 is the perfect fit for the series, and will ensure Tencent Games and Capcom are well equipped to make Monster Hunter Online the groundbreaking MMORPG experience fans worldwide are eagerly anticipating.

Monster Hunter Online will be developed for the international market by Tencent Games and Capcom, and marks an exciting new era for a series that has enjoyed critical praise to match its popularity with players.

Shortly after however they resended this comment stating they "Jumpped the gun" and that MHOnline was not confirmed for the West at this time... Do you think it was just wishful thinking on their part or has Capcom possibly been working with them on releasing MHO in the west?

We have MH4U on the way and Capcom themselves has stated they would like to bring MHFg over.. which do you think we would see first MHFg or MHO... Which would you rather have?
Back to top Go down
Tomderdepp
Seltas

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): EU

PostSubject: Re: Why Sonic Boom might be a good sign for Monster Hunter Online from China!   Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:08 pm

I think i'd propably prefere MHO over MHFg. that's mostly because MHO is a F2P and for frontier you'll have to pay a monthly subscription fee and still buy the game and lots of expansions to keep up to date.
apart from the financial aspect though my interest is pretty much balenced. Frontier has been around pretty long and there's allready a vast amount of interesting monsters around.
as for MHO i have to admit that i haven't really kept up to date with the informations about it after the initial "hype" had ebbed down. but i'm interested to see how the game works out when it is developed from a more "outside" team of developers.
Back to top Go down
Oni Zelkami
Lao-Shan Lung

Thank you Points : 151

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Why Sonic Boom might be a good sign for Monster Hunter Online from China!   Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:50 pm

While I do hope we get to see these games released internationally, I don't see how this in any way means it confirms those hopes.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Why Sonic Boom might be a good sign for Monster Hunter Online from China!   Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:03 pm

Confirms 'No", shows that, 1: several involved in the development of the game believe it's like, 2: the engine runs well on not just PC's but consoles, 3: updates to the engine (and even a new engine for the ps4, xb1, wiiu) are still being worked on which could help in localisation. 4: though not on MHO but other MH games Capcom has already expreassed it's interest in western expsansions for MH

The fact that both games run the same CryEngine 3 just show that it is possible to "esily" port MHO to a home console. Since MHO released there has been speculation of it having a Western release, from a post on the Chinese site it'self which was later removed, to an elnglish comercial and patch and now the Crytek announcement even though it was resended. .. The fact that again Sonic Boom runs the same engine just shows it's possible and there is no real restrictions overall between the PC versions and a possible console version..

Now, in all honesty based on past history do I think it's likely... no. Is it possible though, yes. Two completely different things.
Back to top Go down
Oni Zelkami
Lao-Shan Lung

Thank you Points : 151

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Why Sonic Boom might be a good sign for Monster Hunter Online from China!   Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:20 pm

I still don't understand. Now I'm not a programmer, but I don't think porting a game between 2 systems is as simple as you're making it out to be. Bayonetta is proof of that. Also, an English trailer means very little. I'm not entirely sure about this one, but Chinese audiences like trailers in English. Don't ask me why, but Tencent usually makes their trailers in English with Chinese subtitles. It's a marketing thing.

Wishful thinking, but I don't think your theory is well grounded.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Why Sonic Boom might be a good sign for Monster Hunter Online from China!   Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:45 pm

no.. not a theory or anything like that.. I think you misunderstand as you said. and I did state:

@dcj91x wrote:
Now, in all honesty based on past history do I think it's likely... no. Is it possible though, yes. Two completely different things.

it's more "hypothetical" and mostly based of the companies themselves stating it will be localised (again as stated above) before resending there statements.

With gaming engines it's though there are some tweeks that need to be done it's a lot of copy and paste overall. That's why you get EA stating they can put game 'A' on XB and PS (because it uses the same engine and they are basically designed the same.. and can't on the WU because it does not use the same engine and is not designed the same.. (before you argue yes I know this is simplistic terms, it's just an example.)

Also if you do a quick google search you can find where this has already been talked about several time so it's not "My Theory" Zel... I wanted to see what peoples thoughts were on it and again if you read the first post:

@dcj91x wrote:
which do you think we would see first MHFg or MHO... Which would you rather have?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why Sonic Boom might be a good sign for Monster Hunter Online from China!   Today at 4:04 pm

Back to top Go down

Why Sonic Boom might be a good sign for Monster Hunter Online from China!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1