Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk

Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Monster Hunter XX (Double Cross) for 3DS

Share | 

Lets learn a little about MH4U

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
dcj91x
Fatalis

Thank you Points : 284

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:13 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hello and welcome to todays class, please take a seat. (note though some of these were introduced in MH4 since much of the things shown will be new to the west in 4U what will be referenced will state that 4U will be first introducing it as it is first showing it to the western audiance)

We will start with the amount of monsters and weapon types in each game in each game.

Previous Portable games:
Spoiler:

MH4Ultimate 3DS World wide release

Small: 22 23

Large: 64 72

Total: 86 88 96

up to 97 now actually

(possibility of later DLC monsters rumored but not confirmed)

Weapons:

Sword and Shield, Dual Blades, Great Sword, Long Sword,
Hammer, Hunting Horn, Lance, Gunlance, Switch Axe,
Insect Glaive, Charge Blade, Light Bowgun, Heavy Bowgun, Bow

Monsters we will be seeing in MH4U

Spoiler:

Known areas:

Spoiler:

New mechanics in MH4U (these have also been addapted in Fronteir and were tested in other games prior to being added in the main series of MH. When asked Capcom Japan stated that a lot of the ideas had actually com from fans of the series in the west and tested in several games before being added into Monster Hunter, some of these were used in previous games such as the "lock on feature".)

Air attacks, weapon upswings leading into air attacks, environmental interaction (wall climbing/jumping ect.), Monster cling attacks (being able to hang on the monster for direct attacks)

Capcom stated that MH4U will include even more interaction with monsters, the environment and airial attacks over MH4 though did not go into detail.

Other additions:

Spoiler:

There are many other new additions to MH4U over previous MH games, (I will add more later) if you have questions or would like to post a few or exspand on some yourself please do so.

It seemed to me that a lot of people didn't know just how much the game had actually been updated, though still a core MH game the amount to do has been really increased and Capcom has seemed to gone out of their way to keep people interested in playing and to keep them challenged.

Though much about 4U spacifically is still unknown and Capcom themselves have stated updates over 4U (even with 4 data being able to transfer to 4U in japan), those of us in the west should have a lot to look forward to early next year. If you have given up on MH or are getting a little worn out.. MH4U might be the time to give it one more go.

In the mean time here are some MH4 video's to show what we do know:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

E3 2014 Treehouse gameplay 30 minutes

More updates: Several monsters now have an "additional" ragemode due to the Feral Wyvern virus giving them additional abilities when fighting them in later HR ranks.

Last edited by dcj91x on Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:05 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
dcj91x
Fatalis

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:37 am

A thought just crossed my mind about the paid dlc page seen on mh4g in japan. (It' a long shot)

It may have nothing to do with monsters at all. Did anyone stop to think it might be capcom's way of being able to release the same items in the west as in Japan? I know it's probably unlikely but usually they have to change some weapons/armors and whatnot but what if they can get by doing that or at least add it by making it paid content? Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
Guild Adventure
Yian Garuga

Thank you Points : 6

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:46 pm

2 million copies, in my country we must be like, 100 players? xD
Back to top Go down
http://guildadventure.deviantart.com
Antari18
Seltas Queen

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:54 pm

Info for GS users. Looks like Cera Cymmetry is AGAIN the best overall raw GS in the game. They even fixed the problem with silver of purple sharpness. Now its purple sharpness got respectable lengh with Sharpness+1. Raw boosted by the Attack Orb from "extreme state" monsters is really packing a punch and looks like -20% affinity is not a problem at all. It kind of makes me disappointed because I was hoping for some variety or at least more challenge. It's really easy to get Cera in 4G... The only hope lies in G rank GQ weapons (relic).
Back to top Go down
http://gbforever.net
MHWF
MHWikiForums

Thank you Points : 21

3DS friends code: 4468-1021-0797

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:13 pm

^ most of what I've heard from and read on the MiiVerse and other sites, they've said the Feral monsters and higher rank monsters all offer quite a bit of a challenge even in groups. Though Solo is still likely the best bet for a challenge and also keep in mind many of the Japanese players are starting off with MH4 data where "us" western players will be starting 4U off from scratch..

so there might be quite a bit of a difference in play and difficulty level in some aspects.. (the learning curve)
Back to top Go down
http://mhwiki.forumotion.net
Antari18
Seltas Queen

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:01 pm

I know there's a lot content in this game and it'll take a lot of time to do everything. By saying "I was hoping for more challange", I was reffering to getting ultimate GS (Cera Cymmetry, as it seems) aka best weapon in it's class. I always beat the game with GS first and it looks like getting Cera Cymmetry is very easy. This thing can carry you over through whole G rank. It's unfortunate imo. In MH4 best weapons in their classes were obtainable only on high lv guild quests, which were highest difficult level quests possible in the game which seems fair to me. I hope 4G will brings us the same. Hovever it's been a little time since game got released and no info about better raw GS than Cera. Not to mention everyone's been using it online. Coincidence?
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang

Thank you Points : 18

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:58 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if it still is the best raw GS or one of the best it has been up there since freedom unite and seems to be a fan favorite. So really not going to complain seeing as it still has one of the better designs in terms of great sword but I do feel they will add more or at least hope.
Back to top Go down
MHWF
MHWikiForums

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:33 pm

@Antari18 wrote:
I know there's a lot content in this game and it'll take a lot of time to do everything. By saying "I was hoping for more challange", I was reffering to getting ultimate GS (Cera Cymmetry, as it seems) aka best weapon in it's class. I always beat the game with GS first and it looks like getting Cera Cymmetry is very easy. This thing can carry you over through whole G rank. It's unfortunate imo. In MH4 best weapons in their classes were obtainable only on high lv guild quests, which were highest difficult level quests possible in the game which seems fair to me. I hope 4G will brings us the same. Hovever it's been a little time since game got released and no info about better raw GS than Cera. Not to mention everyone's been using it online. Coincidence?

It released in japan 6 days ago on the 11th.. And no.. though I will agree I have see several using it not "everyone" is using it. Most GS users are using it but you have a lot of Bug Staff users and Heavy Bowgun users also that I've seen.

Overall though in 6 days I think most of what you'll see from the Japan users is the data they are using from their MH4 transfers. (depending of course where you are vewing the informations) what's been posted on the MiiVerse is mainly pictures of the new 4U content.. Mostly Animal crossing.. And quite a bit of the new armor and weapons.
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:52 pm

I don't think he meant "everyone" literally lol. Probably meant most of the people that main GS. But like Yuki said, it's been a top weapon since MHFU, it would be a surprise if a new weapon topped Cera.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
MHWF
MHWikiForums

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:38 pm

^ that I understand.. There will always be poplular weapons among each type but that's understandable and should be exspected and come as no suprise in anyway to anyone.
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:08 pm

Well in MH4 if I recall correctly, there were no Cera so they made some place for more variety. Since Cera was out Uragaan GS takes the spot as best raw GS from monsters part with huge raw and access to white. Than there was Rare Tigrex GS with good raw and slime. And of course most popular were excavated (relic) GS from high rank GQ because of their acces to white and best raw (also most elements and status covered). And I really like the idea because there were like 3-5 weapon models so if you're tired of one, you can farm other one and change. But of course we didn't get MH4 here in the west.

In MH4G everything changed because white isn't highest level of sharpness on GS anymore. Things with highest raw and access to purple will dominate on GS. Always. And that's what Cera is. One sided dominance. On top of all you can boost it's raw with Attack orb from extreme state monsters. Holy shit! I like the design, but geez, I don't want to be obliged to use one GS for the whole game if I want to go min/max. Even 3G present some more options with Brachy GS boosted by overpowered (in 3G) slime or Jho GS.

I really hope G rank GQ Great Swords will present some competition. Because otherwise as a long time GS user-lover, I'm really disappointed in GS selection in this game.
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang

Thank you Points : 18

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:25 pm

That GS would not be on top either it only comes out on it's own in G rank prior to that it can be overlooked and then you want to talk about not having variety? Look at MH3 it was either deviljho or bust in terms of GS it has been since the very beginning. Mh3U was a bit different because they did add variety and slime is still viable not every quest will have an infected enemy most of the time its scripted in to the quest so you should know what GS to pick for what quest. From what I saw usually the same 3 GS are being used teostra diablos and uhh tradable lagi parts I think with slime. Don't quote me on that last one but still you are not bound to the same GS.
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:51 am

Yes, in Tri it was only Anguish that matters because purple+highest raw. But they made some progress with time and in 3U they present for instance buffed Alatreon GS, which doesn't require Sharpness+1 to access it's purple so you could focus on other skills like weakness exploit+crit draw etc. And it got huge dragon element to balance things. So for instance it deals more dmg than Cera on certain monsters under certain conditions like Rathalos head.

Final Teostra blade have 1248 raw and 690 slime.
Cera Cymmetry have 1632 raw and no element.

The difference in raw is too big, even with slime value this huge. With nerf to slime this gen, dmg from explosions won't make up for lack fo raw on it. See what I mean? There's no competition.

And the lagi GS you're talking about is probably old excavation GS from HR GQ transfered from MH4. Lagi GS model is one of the few.

You can find list here:

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin

Thank you Points : 96

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:41 pm

@Antari18 wrote:
Well in MH4 if I recall correctly, there were no Cera so they made some place for more variety. Since Cera was out Uragaan GS takes the spot as best raw GS from monsters part with huge raw and access to white. Than there was Rare Tigrex GS with good raw and slime. And of course most popular were excavated (relic) GS from high rank GQ because of their acces to white and best raw (also most elements and status covered). And I really like the idea because there were like 3-5 weapon models so if you're tired of one, you can farm other one and change. But of course we didn't get MH4 here in the west.

In MH4G everything changed because white isn't highest level of sharpness on GS anymore. Things with highest raw and access to purple will dominate on GS. Always. And that's what Cera is. One sided dominance. On top of all you can boost it's raw with Attack orb from extreme state monsters. Holy shit! I like the design, but geez, I don't want to be obliged to use one GS for the whole game if I want to go min/max. Even 3G present some more options with Brachy GS boosted by overpowered (in 3G) slime or Jho GS.

I really hope G rank GQ Great Swords will present some competition. Because otherwise as a long time GS user-lover, I'm really disappointed in GS selection in this game.

You don't HAVE to min-max though to be an amazing Great Sword user. Granted I usually do in the games I play, I either min-max to be the best or go super minimalist to play barebones and make it harder. Like with that Samus costume announcement I'm guessing I'll have to make a female character to use it, when I've always done male, but I will just for that, and I'll use nothing BUT that so long as I can upgrade it's defense with Armor Spheres to be equal to any other average G rank armor.

Play how you want, if Cera Cymmetry(sorry screw that name, King Attillart Sword FOR LYFE) is boring to you, use something else, there's a lot of other very competitive weapons.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:35 pm

Agree with Nova. Play how you want.
Back to top Go down
LugiaXD
Popo

3DS friends code: 2165-5601-0850
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): australia

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:43 pm

no love for the dual swords i guess QQ
fine i'll just sit here and wait till it comes out v.v
Back to top Go down
Bidoof
Aptonoth

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:35 am

what are the 96 monsters
i've gone on the wiki and even though it says there are 96 monsters in the game, it only lists 95 monsters so anyone know what the 96th is?
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:07 am

White Fatalis probably?

Anyway I found a video today showing first model of GQ GS in 4G. It's... Jawblade/Giant Jawblade! Very classic, not my favourite but still like it! It's raw is just nothing compared to Cera, though it does get purple sharpness! I'm not too fammiliar with the GQ weapons system, but I'm assuming it's from some low level quest and the weapon isn't fully leveled up. There's still hope! :D

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:53 pm

@Antari18 wrote:
White Fatalis probably?

Anyway I found a video today showing first model of GQ GS in 4G. It's... Jawblade/Giant Jawblade! Very classic, not my favourite but still like it! It's raw is just nothing compared to Cera, though it does get purple sharpness! I'm not too fammiliar with the GQ weapons system, but I'm assuming it's from some low level quest and the weapon isn't fully leveled up. There's still hope! :D

Spoiler:

As much as I'd love it to be White Fatalis I'm actually skeptical now. Even Frontier with the new G Black and G Crimson Fatalis, and their overpowered abilities and looks, don't have a White yet, highly doubt we'll see White as much as I'd love to.

And yes I know two different groups working on the different games of 4G/U and Frontier but still, I feel skeptical.
Back to top Go down
Lucas
Rathalos

Thank you Points : 60

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:29 pm

Nova wrote:
@Antari18 wrote:
White Fatalis probably?

Spoiler:

As much as I'd love it to be White Fatalis I'm actually skeptical now. Even Frontier with the new G Black and G Crimson Fatalis, and their overpowered abilities and looks, don't have a White yet, highly doubt we'll see White as much as I'd love to.

And yes I know two different groups working on the different games of 4G/U and Frontier but still, I feel skeptical.

*cough*WhiteFataexistssinceday1inmhf*cough*whatutalkingbout*cough*thereisevenatrailer??*cough*https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjJZO5WrIPM
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:55 pm

Yeah he was revealed for 4G for some time now.
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:26 pm

Where you been at Nova lol

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:37 pm

Why did no one tell me? It's odd then Frontier doesn't have the new White Fatalis despite having super revamps of Black and Red.
Back to top Go down
Will
Rathalos

Thank you Points : 45

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 'Murica

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:37 am

Oh sweet, it'll be cool to see white fatalis actually be a boss monster and not just an insufferable wall of meat.
Back to top Go down
Bidoof
Aptonoth

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:35 am

@Antari18 wrote:
White Fatalis probably?

nope, white fatalis is listed so i still dont know what it is
Back to top Go down
MHWF
MHWikiForums

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:16 am

Let's see is I can help! (MHWF to the rescue)First.. I have monsters listed in a poiler in the very first post at the top of the pace.. but I'll repost here in case I missed one.

1st gen monsters: 36 returning monsters

Apceros, Aptonoth, Basarios, Cephadrome, Cephalos, Diablos, Black Diablos, Felyne, Gendrome, Genprey, Gravios, Black Gravios, Gypceros, Purple Gypceros, Iodrome, Ioprey, Kelbi, Khezu, Red Khezu, Fatalis, Crimson Fatalis, Kirin, Melynx, Monoblos, White Monoblos, Rathalos, Azure Rathalos, Silver Rathalos, Rathian, Pink Rathian, Gold Rathian, Velocidrome, Velociprey, Yian Garuga, Yian Kut-Ku, and Blue Yian Kut-Ku.

2ng gen: 17 returning monsters

Akantor, Chameleos, Conga, Congalala, Emerald Congalala, Daimyo Hermitaur, Plum Daimyo Hermitaur, Hermitaur, Kushala Daora, Rusted Kushala Daora, Popo, Rajang, Remobra, Teostra, Tigrex, Ukanlos, and White Fatalis.

3rd Gen : 16 returning monsters

Altaroth, Bnahabra, Brachydios, Brute Tigrex, Delex, Deviljho, Savage Deviljho, Gargwa, Great Jaggi, Jaggi, Jaggia, Lagombi, Rhenoplos, Slagtoth, Zinogre, and Stygian Zinogre.

4th gen: 16 monsters from MH4

Basarios Subspecies, Dara Amadyura, Daren Mohran, Gore Magala, Kecha Wacha, Kirin Subspecies, Konchu, Najarala, Nerscylla, Seltas, Seltas Queen, Shagaru Magara, Tetsucabra, Tigrex Rare Species, Zamite, and Zamtrios.

MH4u: 11 new monsters/sub species

Dara Amadyura Subspecies, Kecha Wacha Subspecies, Nerscylla Subspecies, Seltas Queen Subspecies, Seltas Subspecies, Tetsucabra Subspecies, Tidal Najarala, Tigerstripe Zamtrios, Flying Wyvern: Seregios, Elder Dragon: Gogumajiosu.

#96: Brachydios sub/rage mode/gold (not sure what it's called specifically.

And we are actually now at 97.. there is another one that I'm not quite sure the name on..

Last edited by MHWF on Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Today at 4:52 pm

Back to top Go down

Lets learn a little about MH4U
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next