Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 9 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 9 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lets learn a little about MH4U

Go down 
+28
Yamatsu
Roon
MasterOnion
Ataraxia
Kanade
Lagiacrus the ultimate
Sephastus
LugiaXD
Will
Yuki
MetaMarx
Bidoof
Silverwind
DanielisAwesome52
MHWF
Lalo
Phazon Xenomorph
Lucas
Guild Adventure
Firpi
Tomderdepp
Amaku
TKMT
Antari18
Raptor98
PAiN---
Sai_
dcj91x
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 2:13 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hello and welcome to todays class, please take a seat. (note though some of these were introduced in MH4 since much of the things shown will be new to the west in 4U what will be referenced will state that 4U will be first introducing it as it is first showing it to the western audiance)

We will start with the amount of monsters and weapon types in each game in each game.

Previous Portable games:
Spoiler:

MH4Ultimate 3DS World wide release

Small: 22 23

Large: 64 72

Total: 86 88 96

up to 97 now actually

(possibility of later DLC monsters rumored but not confirmed)

Weapons:

Sword and Shield, Dual Blades, Great Sword, Long Sword,
Hammer, Hunting Horn, Lance, Gunlance, Switch Axe,
Insect Glaive, Charge Blade, Light Bowgun, Heavy Bowgun, Bow

Monsters we will be seeing in MH4U

Spoiler:

Known areas:

Spoiler:

New mechanics in MH4U (these have also been addapted in Fronteir and were tested in other games prior to being added in the main series of MH. When asked Capcom Japan stated that a lot of the ideas had actually com from fans of the series in the west and tested in several games before being added into Monster Hunter, some of these were used in previous games such as the "lock on feature".)

Air attacks, weapon upswings leading into air attacks, environmental interaction (wall climbing/jumping ect.), Monster cling attacks (being able to hang on the monster for direct attacks)

Capcom stated that MH4U will include even more interaction with monsters, the environment and airial attacks over MH4 though did not go into detail.

Other additions:

Spoiler:

There are many other new additions to MH4U over previous MH games, (I will add more later) if you have questions or would like to post a few or exspand on some yourself please do so.

It seemed to me that a lot of people didn't know just how much the game had actually been updated, though still a core MH game the amount to do has been really increased and Capcom has seemed to gone out of their way to keep people interested in playing and to keep them challenged.

Though much about 4U spacifically is still unknown and Capcom themselves have stated updates over 4U (even with 4 data being able to transfer to 4U in japan), those of us in the west should have a lot to look forward to early next year. If you have given up on MH or are getting a little worn out.. MH4U might be the time to give it one more go.

In the mean time here are some MH4 video's to show what we do know:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

E3 2014 Treehouse gameplay 30 minutes

More updates: Several monsters now have an "additional" ragemode due to the Feral Wyvern virus giving them additional abilities when fighting them in later HR ranks.

Last edited by dcj91x on Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:05 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2014 8:20 pm

For me the NA boxart has less logic than JPN/EU one. While I understand it's doing better job at explaining core gameplay mechanics to new players, it's struggling to please fans and veteran players.

Why Gore Magala instead of Seregios (flagship monster of 4G/U)?
Why gunner is shooting hammer user?
Why bow user don't care about distance multiplier?

While whole picture looks not bad, hunter riding on Gore Magala looks very poorly pasted.

On JPN/EU they focused on CGI style boxart and the effect is great. The picture looks like whole and nothing looks "pasted" or out of order. There's flagship monster (Seregios), hunter with a.los armor holding Charge Blade (one of the new weapons) standing on a rock (pointing towards new aerial combat) and two cat companions (indicates stuff that's coming back from previous gens).

They did the same stuff (completely abandoning JPN design and creating new, adressed directly to new players) with 3G/U boxart in NA/EU and I was really upset with it. It doesn't stop me from buying both versions (3DS and WiiU) of the game but I don't like how they looks Sad by vort

I'm sorry if I'll sound like a jerk but tbh I don't care about new players that much. I want my game to be adressed to me, longtime fan of the series.
Back to top Go down
http://gbforever.net
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

Thank you Points : 20

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2014 9:07 pm

I completely agree with you finding out that Eu was getting the same box are as japan felt as a slap in the face being in NA. I felt as a long time fan they did not take me and others in to consideration they just wanted to simplify things for a newer audience. The original felt like it did that as well but not like a for Dummy's version I feel we should be treated on the same level as the Japanese players a lot of us have been playing and following this series from the very beginning from it being such a small game then it blowing up with mh3.

I understand wanting to get a larger audience but that should be through your teasers and full trailers. We should not be getting collaborations as the main attraction that is counter productive from what you were aiming for changing the box art this is how I feel personally and I'm not sorry for those that disagree. Just because animal crossing metroid and mario is what the owners for most nintendo consoles are familiar with should not be the reason they should want the game the trailers should show how engaging the game is you should explain the crafting and quest system stuff like your farm and all this is all central to the game not just which characters I can dress up.
Back to top Go down
Lucas
Rathalos
Lucas

Thank you Points : 63

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2014 1:19 am

Cover art meta too hard ;_;
Back to top Go down
MHWF
MHWikiForums
MHWF

Thank you Points : 31

3DS friends code: 4468-1021-0797

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2014 10:56 am

Antari.. Don't get me wrong, as a fan and long time player of MH I agree with you but from the perspective of someone who just plays games, doesn't keep up with a series 100% and so on.. They wouldn't know Seregios and for the most part and far as "story" goes (just like lagi with 3U) Gore Magala is still the main creature and since the West never recieved 4U in the first place, other than those on Monster Hunter web sites and Capcom they won't know the difference. In fact having Seregios on the cover would make less sense because for the most part they have no reference that this is a second game. All in all for the west, North America esspecially, they are treating it as a first release game not an update like 3u was to tri for the most part..

So having the "story lines" main monster on the cover is the logical choice and one that will confuse less people.

Would I rather have the Japan cover, absolutely. However, from a marketting standpoint the one they are using makes more sese overall. What I don't get though, as stated before, is the devide between EU and NA.

oh.. here the full picture of the Japan cover:

Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 9 Hefvlpd8nskeo9rzlb6z
Back to top Go down
https://mhwiki.forumotion.net
Will
Rathalos
Will

Thank you Points : 45

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 'Murica

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2014 1:04 pm

Lucas wrote:
Cover art meta too hard ;_;
Bro it's like literally the most important thing on earth for us long time fans how can they do this to us oh mai gawdz I'm canceling my pre-order.
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2014 1:59 pm

It's not that important but I like if they care about small things like that. Like 3G boxart have Brachydios (new monster) + hunter in Lagi X armor (Lagi was flagship monster of Tri) holding Gunlance (indicates returning weapons like GL/Horn/Bow). And there was a lot of slime on boxart. It all makes sense and was clear the first moment I saw it. What can you say about 3 Ultimate boxart? Azure Los is returning. And aruze los armor is there. And Azure los weapons are there. And Cha-cha. And Kayamba.
Back to top Go down
Will
Rathalos
Will

Thank you Points : 45

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 'Murica

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2014 2:10 pm

Box art exists to entice people who haven't played the games, it really doesn't make any sense for them to give a flying fuck about what we think about the boxart because we are already fans of the series. But the 4u boxart is really bad and I do think the european/jp art or at least the original MH4 art would be more interesting to a passerby.

MH4 art for reference.
Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 9 1370015142-mh4-box-art
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2014 4:00 pm

I just finished making picture with all GQ GS with different colour vatiants. The last two in the bottom are new to MH4G. I put a spoiler for those who don't wanna see them.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
MHWF
MHWikiForums
MHWF

Thank you Points : 31

3DS friends code: 4468-1021-0797

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2014 4:23 pm

^ I was looking at the color variants on a few other things. I quite like the way they look actually and can imagin a full armor and weapon rainbow set.
Back to top Go down
https://mhwiki.forumotion.net
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): EU

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2014 3:40 am

i really like that the rainbow color is back, i do admit the alternating colors can be a little irritating but i kinda missed that feature from unite... i wonder what you'll have to do to unlock it in 4U
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

Thank you Points : 97

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2014 7:11 am

I'm just glad its back, it was nice to see a flow of color instead of one solid color. Helps spice up armors. Then again I also have my eyes set on the Corsair K75 RGB keyboard they are rolling out and with 16.8 million color options and each key being able to be individually set, i want my entire keyboard a mesh of colors fading.
Back to top Go down
MasterOnion
MasterOnion

Thank you Points : 43

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2014 12:31 pm

... I want to try making a clown themed hunter now. I will name him Bozo. When I get the game, of course.
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2014 10:59 am

4pt GS speedrun. There's place for a lot of improvement here (only one GS user was using Punishing Draw) and overall looks more like a speedrun for fun (Chaos Magala GS used for no reason). But still, it shows how much potential GS holds in 4th gen. I can't wait to see 4 people using 1728 GS with sleep + punishing draw. Sleep-KO lock all the way.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

Thank you Points : 20

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2014 7:47 pm

Just a random piece of info not really so much on the video. pt means party it's nothing actually special 2pt is party of two 3pt party of three 4pt party of four. It has nothing to do with the speed run itself.
Back to top Go down
Roon
Shagaru Magala
Roon

Thank you Points : 63

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 11:21 am

Is anyone else as excited as I am about White Fatalis?
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 2:51 pm

Tomderdepp wrote:
i really like that the rainbow color is back, i do admit the alternating colors can be a little irritating but i kinda missed that feature from unite... i wonder what you'll have to do to unlock it in 4U

The "Rainbow" colored weapons and armors should be the ones from excavation gear in MH4U. Not sure if the regular weapons will have the rainbow or just the stuff you dig up.
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 8:20 pm

That guy. That skill. That time. That crazy fast and precise aiming. So perfect.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Ataraxia
Rajang
Ataraxia

Thank you Points : 33

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 11:03 am

That sound... Is that the gun or the kirin?
Back to top Go down
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 4:24 pm

Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 6:07 pm

... I'm not sure if I like the overabundance of extra outfits from other games or if I'm begining to hate it.. On the one hand they look great both the felynes and the hunter stuff but on the other hand, there's almost more product placement outfits than actual MH outfits!
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

Thank you Points : 32

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 6:59 pm

dcj91x wrote:
... I'm not sure if I like the overabundance of extra outfits from other games or if I'm begining to hate it.. On the one hand they look great both the felynes and the hunter stuff but on the other hand, there's almost more product placement outfits than actual MH outfits!

At almost 4-6 Sets PER monster, and a super abundance of monsters... how do you figure there are too many product placement outfits?

Or are you referring specifically to the feline outfits? If so, do these outfits give the felines any bonuses? Because if they don't, I couldn't care less how many product placing or normal MH outfits there are for them.
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

Thank you Points : 97

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 7:26 pm

Anything involving social media i wont be getting. I Despise facebook with a passion. Hell even world of warcraft is turning, in a sense, into a facebook game and killing itself.

No clue why they'd tie armor sets to facebook...last i knew japan wasn't as big into facebook or are they?
Back to top Go down
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 3:03 am

why do you think they'd tie anything to facebook? they just used their facebook page to announce it. i did look for a youtube vid but there weren't any yet...
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 10:43 am

@Nova... Pretty much all game systems connect to Facebook/twitter and so on.. Even the 3ds through it's image share functions. As far as anything being tied to facebook directly, Like Tom said, it's just the way they chose to announce it. A lot game companies have now moved to twitter and facebook as their way of revealing information.

@Seph:  First off, all armor even the event quest stuff are given some type of status ability just like they did in all other MH games. As far as my concern over it becoming too heavy in product placement, look at it this way, how much more advertisements and announcements have you seen lately from 4U recently that's talking more about the "extra" stuff than the actual game?

It feels more like they are trying to market the costumes more than the game. Which is likely their way of thinking.. Give them all these outfits and because they can dress up and dress their cat's up they will want the game even more. It's basically having a celeberty in a comercial to intice people to buy the product even if the person advertising it has nothing to do with the actual product.

Oh and capcom is doing a Street Fighter crossover in MH4U as well.

Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

Thank you Points : 32

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 12:57 pm

My view: As long as giving more money (in any way, including advertising revenue), is not included, I am fine with it. I might be of an older gaming generation, but I want to pay once for a game, and that is it! I do not want to be charged anything extra regardless of how it is presented, because it is essentially a "gateway drug" for those companies to believe it is OK to nickel and dime for things that players might like, in an already released game.

If the game is released, stop *expletive* with it! Add things for free if you want, but your monetizing should be over at that point. (This is the reason I hate all the movie remakes and sequels/prequels... get original Hollywood!).

Let them give us as much crossover junk as they want, as long as they don't want to charge more money for it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lets learn a little about MH4U
Page 9 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next