Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!

MH4Ultimate releases this Friday, February 13th!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk
 
Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
What's hunting you?

Share | 
 

 Descent into Hades!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bruce Wayne
Kelbi


Thank you Points : 1

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Descent into Hades!   Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:22 pm

DAMN! :yam: 

So me and my friend have duoed like everything in the MH universe except for the lucent naragcuga and the abysal lagiacrus. (We just havent gotten around to it) But OH MY GOD this zinogre is insane, we both have full silver rathalos (g rank) and fully upgrades Dios weapons me greatsword, him switch axe. we demon drugged and armor skinned and all that and HOLY CRAP. We focused on his tail for 90% of the fight and we didnt even cut it off, we were at it till the 10 minute left mark, which at that time we were both out of ALL healing supply's. This Zinogre is outrageous.
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin


Thank you Points : 96

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Descent into Hades!   Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:12 am

This zinogre is not meant for tail cutting though or normal parts. It's meant for its event weapon. Your focus should be trying to kill it, not cut its tail.
Back to top Go down
Ataraxia
Rajang


Thank you Points : 33

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: Descent into Hades!   Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:13 am

If either of you are willing to gun it, I'd recommend the Precision Pico Peco or Nether Salvatore with a set that contains Pellet Up, Evade Extender and some damage skill like CE+2/3 or Challenger+1/2 and just pellet it to death, considering the Zinogre horns are pellet shot magnets. (or at least I think they are, they are for regular Zinogre at any rate)

Also, might want to look into Athena's Armour Set Search program that helps you make sets with specific skills. Being this far into the game using full sets isn't optimal, since you can pretty easily get exactly the skills you want by using different pieces; meaning you can make your perfect set without having armour skills you don't want, need or care about.


Last edited by Ataraxia on Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sai_
Seltas Queen


Thank you Points : 19

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: Descent into Hades!   Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:02 pm

Descend into Hades? Different than Decent, lol.

I wouldn't recommend gunning it. I did it with a group of four and it only seldom stun-locked. Also, you'll probably run out of ammo due to the amount of defense he has.
Back to top Go down
MetaMarx
Rathalos


Thank you Points : 16

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code: 4382-2261-9491
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Descent into Hades!   Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:39 pm

I recommend evade lancing it. That's what I usually do anyways. Zinogre can be pretty easy to evade lance if you know how to do it. The only problems I have with this fight are running out of mega dashjuice (you can always try to combine more or bring normal dashjuice) and team mates running behind me while dragon orbs are launched at them.

Back to top Go down
TKMT
Seltas


Thank you Points : 12

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America, U.S.

PostSubject: Re: Descent into Hades!   Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:31 pm

I'm gonna be that guy and say:
Kelbi Bow works wonders on this Stygian Zinogre
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin


Thank you Points : 96

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Descent into Hades!   Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:54 pm

How? Monsters build slime resist rather quickly and something as potent as this Zinogre has just too much health.
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen


Thank you Points : 19

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Descent into Hades!   Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:10 am

Nova wrote:
How? Monsters build slime resist rather quickly and something as potent as this Zinogre has just too much health.

The slime from a Kelbi Bow is good and adds quite a bit of damage early on. However, the Kelbi Bow has a good amount of raw damage. If you get skills like focus, and charge the Kelbi Bow to at least a level 2 charge (How it's supposed to be used), then you can do a good amount of both raw damage and slime.

Getting the skill Normal/Rapid Up can also significantly increase the amount of damage done by the rapid charge shot too.
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian


Thank you Points : 9

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Descent into Hades!   Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:51 am

It's so easy just do this



Lol okay, most likely that will never happen. Like Nova said, don't try doing this mission for materials. It's really just for the event weapon, or if you want a challenge.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
TKMT
Seltas


Thank you Points : 12

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America, U.S.

PostSubject: Re: Descent into Hades!   Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:47 am

Nova wrote:
How? Monsters build slime resist rather quickly and something as potent as this Zinogre has just too much health.
I can solo this Stygian Zinogre and slay it in around 15-20 minutes. I cannot imagine how quickly it would be slain if there were 4 of me doing this.
Yes, the potency of slime reaches a large resistance, but there's so much slime in the attacks you do that it's almost negligible.

And as EA&Troy said, Focus is key.
Back to top Go down
Bruce Wayne
Kelbi


Thank you Points : 1

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Descent into Hades!   Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:00 pm

Thats because Kelbi bow is basically cheating...
Back to top Go down
MetaMarx
Rathalos


Thank you Points : 16

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code: 4382-2261-9491
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Descent into Hades!   Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:22 pm

@Bruce Wayne wrote:
Thats because Kelbi bow is basically cheating...

Begin the "Kelbi Bow/Slime is OP" argument.

*hides under Popo with popcorn
Back to top Go down
TKMT
Seltas


Thank you Points : 12

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America, U.S.

PostSubject: Re: Descent into Hades!   Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:35 pm

@Bruce Wayne wrote:
Thats because Kelbi bow is basically cheating...
Can't do anything a team of 3 HBG Pierce gunning w Status Gunner can do. Is that considered cheating? :P
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen


Thank you Points : 19

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Descent into Hades!   Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:11 pm

@TKMT wrote:
@Bruce Wayne wrote:
Thats because Kelbi bow is basically cheating...
Can't do anything a team of 3 HBG Pierce gunning w Status Gunner can do. Is that considered cheating? :P

Anything that kills a monster in under 5 minutes is cheating. TrollJho

EDIT - Regardless of it's rank.

@MetaMarx wrote:
*hides under Popo with popcorn

And MetaMarx now has a pile of dung on his head.
Back to top Go down
MasterOnion
Moderator


Thank you Points : 43

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Descent into Hades!   Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:20 pm

@MetaMarx wrote:
@Bruce Wayne wrote:
Thats because Kelbi bow is basically cheating...

Begin the "Kelbi Bow/Slime is OP" argument.

*hides under Popo with popcorn

Back to top Go down
Raptor98
Jaggi


Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Descent into Hades!   Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:33 pm

Here we go again with the "Kelbi Bow is cheating". Its not cheating, its taking advantage of what the developers gave to us to use.
Back to top Go down
TKMT
Seltas


Thank you Points : 12

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America, U.S.

PostSubject: Re: Descent into Hades!   Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:55 pm

E&Troy wrote:
@TKMT wrote:
@Bruce Wayne wrote:
Thats because Kelbi bow is basically cheating...
Can't do anything a team of 3 HBG Pierce gunning w Status Gunner can do. Is that considered cheating? :P

Anything that kills a monster in under 5 minutes is cheating. TrollJho

EDIT - Regardless of it's rank.
Damn, I've been cheating with the Hunter's Knife since Great Jaggi.
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen


Thank you Points : 19

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Descent into Hades!   Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:40 pm

@TKMT wrote:
Damn, I've been cheating with the Hunter's Knife since Great Jaggi.

Yep. ^_^ Not only that, but using the Grongigas hammer like a pro is cheating.
Back to top Go down
Bruce Wayne
Kelbi


Thank you Points : 1

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Descent into Hades!   Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:46 pm

If you played any other monster hunter games which you people obviously haven't. You would know that monsters are suppose to be hard to hunt and take a long time to kill. The fact that the kelbi bow is capable of killing some of the strongest monsters in a matter of a few minutes basically makes it cheating.
Back to top Go down
TKMT
Seltas


Thank you Points : 12

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America, U.S.

PostSubject: Re: Descent into Hades!   Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:06 pm

@Bruce Wayne wrote:
If you played any other monster hunter games which you people obviously haven't.
Ouch. My heart. :lol: 

@Bruce Wayne wrote:
You would know that monsters are suppose to be hard to hunt and take a long time to kill. The fact that the kelbi bow is capable of killing some of the strongest monsters in a matter of a few minutes basically makes it cheating.
Whatever you say.

HBGs have been making hunts a cakewalk since Freedom. Dat stun lock.
Sure, it's harder to coordinate such a feat than with Kelbi Bow, but the end result of HBG lock team just demolishes the Kelbi Bow in terms of "cheating".

These are facts.
Back to top Go down
Sai_
Seltas Queen


Thank you Points : 19

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: Descent into Hades!   Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:31 pm

@Bruce Wayne wrote:
If you played any other monster hunter games which you people obviously haven't. You would know that monsters are suppose to be hard to hunt and take a long time to kill. The fact that the kelbi bow is capable of killing some of the strongest monsters in a matter of a few minutes basically makes it cheating.

Difficulty in itself is subjective; this partially includes the strength of monsters, disregarding proportionalities.

Did you know Goldbeard's HBG can also kill many of the "strongest" monsters in a matter of a few minutes? In fact, all weapons in their final upgraded form can be used to kill monsters in a few minutes, some even faster than Kelbi Bow.
Back to top Go down
MetaMarx
Rathalos


Thank you Points : 16

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code: 4382-2261-9491
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Descent into Hades!   Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:11 pm

@Sai_ wrote:
Did you know Goldbeard's HBG can also kill many of the "strongest" monsters in a matter of a few minutes? In fact, all weapons in their final upgraded form can be used to kill monsters in a few minutes, some even faster than Kelbi Bow.

"People really need to stop cheating with their skill and good weapons"
Back to top Go down
Ataraxia
Rajang


Thank you Points : 33

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: Descent into Hades!   Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:03 am

@Bruce Wayne wrote:
If you played any other monster hunter games which you people obviously haven't. You would know that monsters are suppose to be hard to hunt and take a long time to kill. The fact that the kelbi bow is capable of killing some of the strongest monsters in a matter of a few minutes basically makes it cheating.

That must be why speedruns (with every weapon type) are a thing.
Back to top Go down
Tomderdepp
Seltas


Thank you Points : 15

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): EU

PostSubject: Re: Descent into Hades!   Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:36 am

@Bruce Wayne wrote:
If you played any other monster hunter games which you people obviously haven't. You would know that monsters are suppose to be hard to hunt and take a long time to kill. The fact that the kelbi bow is capable of killing some of the strongest monsters in a matter of a few minutes basically makes it cheating.

so first you are complaining about how strong this zinogre is and how much life it has, now you are complaining that someone offers you a way to kill it faster. what exactly do you want now?

kelbi bow is not a bad weapon. it's full potential though it only gets in a groop of four. as a solo weapon it's still not bad though.
but i have also seen Ceadeus/goldbeard destroyed in a few minutes by a groop with alatreon bows...

and unite wasn't any different. i haven't really looked too much at speedrun videos of it (just because i don't really care about speedrunning) but i have seen Akantor and Ukanlos soloed in easily under 10 min, now imagine what a group of four could do...

you can exploit the strenghs of your weapons and the weaknesses of the monsters in eyery MH game if you just know how.
and beliefe me, if MH would have been as popular as 3rd gen MH and it would have been easier to to play together (set up online) there would be at least as much videos of people doing G-Rank monsters in sub5
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen


Thank you Points : 9

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Descent into Hades!   Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:15 am

Yeah, sorry if this will sound too harsh... but people often misunderstood exploiting game weaknesess with cheating because it's easier for them to understand and justify why they fail in game so bad.

I wrote pretty much the same stuff in 4pt thread, but I'll say it once more. I don't understand how doing quests with certain strategy is considered "cheating the game". It's not like generating rare drops with cheat code or killing mobs with one hit.

This kind of attitude towards kelbi bow is actually very, very bad, looking how they nerf it in MH4. The weapon is practically useless now. Hope haters are satisfied. Dedpite all hate it was really nice concept, good for beginners.

And I don't entirely get what he meant by "monsters are suppose to be hard to hunt and take a long time to kill". I can agree with the former but the latter is based entirely on your skill. There're few exceptions like super monsters with gigantic amount of HP, which takes long time to kills solo.

If you really consider kelbi bow broken try soloing Descent into Hades! with it. Wish you luck, especially after few minutes, because slime resistence will build up and explosions will trigger so rarely Yes by vort
Back to top Go down
http://gbforever.net
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Descent into Hades!   Today at 7:11 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Descent into Hades!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Descent into Hades!
» 2000pt Descent of Angels List
» Hades and Minor Valentines' Box
» Hades, 2013
» Descent miniatures

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monster Hunter Wiki Forum :: Nintendo :: Wii U :: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate-
Jump to: