Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Weapon Contest Winners! Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Weapon Contest Winners! Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Weapon Contest Winners!

Go down 
+7
Bidoof
TheLaw
Raptor98
Verity19
MHWF
PAiN---
Tomderdepp
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

Thank you Points : 15

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): EU

Weapon Contest Winners! Empty
PostSubject: Weapon Contest Winners!   Weapon Contest Winners! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 5:25 pm

European Winner "Emperors Speech":
Spoiler:

American Winner will follow in the next few weeks
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Weapon Contest Winners!   Weapon Contest Winners! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 6:02 pm

To think that some badass looking European submissions didn't make the cut because of a pig on a throne.. don't disappoint me murica
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
MHWF
MHWikiForums
MHWF

Thank you Points : 31

3DS friends code: 4468-1021-0797
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Weapon Contest Winners!   Weapon Contest Winners! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 6:10 pm

.. You know I posted this at the top of the forum just before you made the thread Tom.. :p (right after you gave me the link)

Good place to talk about it though... And wonder why mine didn't win!!!! The NA weapon better be good!!! Or so help me I will cry!

Pain: I think that the whole point was for the comic value as well as the fact that they have had cat and shaka weapons but no Poogie weapons.. but yeah, it really makes me wonder what weapons they got from NA and Japan..

Last edited by MHWF on Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://mhwiki.forumotion.net
Verity19
Black Gravios
Verity19

Thank you Points : 16

3DS friends code: 0619-6394-9770
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America

PostSubject: Re: Weapon Contest Winners!   Weapon Contest Winners! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 7:42 pm

Watched that video just before logging on and thought it was just a weapon announcement for the game... Had no idea it was a contest winner :/
Still, I'm thinking MHWF's probably right on the reasoning behind its vicory. Comedic and no Poogie-themed weapons yet. Plus, I sort of like the little guy (will admit, though, there were probably some really cool ones from that area that lost to the throned Poogie) ^^"
Back to top Go down
MHWF
MHWikiForums
MHWF

Thank you Points : 31

3DS friends code: 4468-1021-0797
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Weapon Contest Winners!   Weapon Contest Winners! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 8:41 pm

Looking at it I also believe that the fact the weapon is directly MH related has a lot to do with it as well. We will see once they show the NA winner though. If it's MH related as well or not.
Back to top Go down
https://mhwiki.forumotion.net
Raptor98
Jaggi
Raptor98

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Weapon Contest Winners!   Weapon Contest Winners! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 11:55 pm

I actually like it. I think its a pretty cool weapon that will hopefully make the great Poogie god look down on you with grace :P
Back to top Go down
TheLaw
TheLaw

Thank you Points : 10

3DS friends code: 0748-2193-3471
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Australia

PostSubject: Re: Weapon Contest Winners!   Weapon Contest Winners! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 1:22 am

While I praise the weapon's maker, It just doesn't call to me to actually pick it up and use it, to me it lacks that factor... I might consider it depending what its attributes in game are, but at face value... it just doesn't appeal to me, I hope the NA one looks more 'badass' shall we say...
Back to top Go down
https://mhwiki.forumotion.net/u3769
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Weapon Contest Winners!   Weapon Contest Winners! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 4:14 am

a lot of people are complaining that it isn't "badass"
though i have to say that a weapon that sounds like slaughtering a pig with every hit is pretty badass in it's own way.

i quite lke it actually. there's a lot of event weapons/armors that are somewhat comical. especially when looking at 4 one piece weapons, mario/luigi costumes,... so it's not really surprising that they picked a comical weapon (and honestly Poogies did deserfe their own weapon by now)
Back to top Go down
Bidoof
Aptonoth
Bidoof

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Weapon Contest Winners!   Weapon Contest Winners! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 5:03 am

its perfect give it to me now plz
Back to top Go down
Verity19
Black Gravios
Verity19

Thank you Points : 16

3DS friends code: 0619-6394-9770
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America

PostSubject: Re: Weapon Contest Winners!   Weapon Contest Winners! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 5:38 pm

MHWF wrote:
Looking at it I also believe that the fact the weapon is directly MH related has a lot to do with it as well.

True, it's definitely a MH themed weapon... That could've played a part in its victory, too.
Bidoof wrote:
its perfect give it to me now plz

One of my brothers said that this would be the only weapon he's going to use when the game comes out after I showed it to him yesterday... I think he was thinking pretty much the same thing about it x3
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Weapon Contest Winners!   Weapon Contest Winners! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 6:35 pm

I like it. I'd want to get it just because it looks/sounds hilarious. Even if I don't use HH that much, I'll have to make it.

That said, I hope the NA one that gets chosen is a cool one. Having one funny one is enough for me. I'd like to balance it out by getting a really awesome looking sword (Like the Tenebra) or else a cool bowgun/bow.
Back to top Go down
Lucas
Rathalos
Lucas

Thank you Points : 63

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations

PostSubject: Re: Weapon Contest Winners!   Weapon Contest Winners! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 7:19 pm

The oinks sound like suffering ; _;
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Weapon Contest Winners!   Weapon Contest Winners! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 9:40 pm

The main disappointment is that it'sa HH and not my beloved GS... but oh well. Outside of that It's a great design! Looks hell of a fun to use Yes by vort
Back to top Go down
http://gbforever.net
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Weapon Contest Winners!   Weapon Contest Winners! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 2:38 am

Antari18 wrote:
The main disappointment is that it'sa HH and not my beloved GS... but oh well. Outside of that It's a great design! Looks hell of a fun to use Yes by vort

though i usually don't use hunting horns, i like the fact that it is one. there haven't been too many event HH around up to now. and it might get more people to use HH or at least try them out, which imo would be a good thing, as HH is a great weapon and always a good addition for a hunting party

there have been so many event GS up to now, so it's time other weapons got their turn (GS is one of my main weapons) though i'm sure there's gonna be an event GS or two in the game just not this event
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Weapon Contest Winners!   Weapon Contest Winners! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 7:03 am

It's usability depends on songs tbh. If they're useless/joke like buffs for Felynes, it's just meh. I like the idea of event weapon which can be usefull. Good example is Bushido DS or Lightning Blaze GL from 3U. I can't remember when we got event GS, which was actually usable (access to Purple). Capcom loves teasing with us, giving completely usless weapons in events, I wonder why they do that?
Back to top Go down
Lucas
Rathalos
Lucas

Thank you Points : 63

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations

PostSubject: Re: Weapon Contest Winners!   Weapon Contest Winners! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 8:51 am

Where are all the event bowguns ?????????
Back to top Go down
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Weapon Contest Winners!   Weapon Contest Winners! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 6:32 pm

Antari18 wrote:
Capcom loves teasing with us, giving completely usless weapons in events, I wonder why they do that?

because they don't want them to be overused for one

and it wouldn't be fair to people that don't have internet (i know this will be a minimal number) and can't download the quests. i don't necesserily agree with the idea, and acording to this logic most of Tri would be unfair.
also it would be easier to get OP weapons "early on" (end game gear in early G-Rank f.e.), though ofc level restrictions or material costs could easily take care of that.

and to be fair most Event weapons have at least average G-Rank stats.

but yeah some nice endgame leveled event weapons would be great
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Weapon Contest Winners!   Weapon Contest Winners! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 6:33 am

I think if they use a little imagination they can come up with a decent ideas. But somehow in most cases they don't... maybe it's some sort of a joke? Those weapons should encourage new type of gameplay, they don't have to replace most OP weapons in their classes.

My fav event weapon and perfect example here is Lightning Blaze Gunlance. You can't even reach purple with it, but the fact that it's one of very few Wide GL which can reach Lv5 shell power makes it worth using. There's a HUGE difference between Lv4 and Lv5. When you use your head a little you can built set with Artillery Expert, Guard+1, Mind's Eye (lack of purple doesn't matter anymore), Load up and skill of choice (I use Speed Sharpening to maintain white all the time). If you focus on shell dmg, you can deal some serious dmg so if you ask me, it's definately endgame weapon. On top of it all, it's distributed through really hard event quest. It's worth doing it.

Same can be said about Bushido.

But on the other hand we have useless crap like Anima Reaper. Only access to white (on GS...), crazy high element and pathetic 1104 raw. It's like they don't understand GS mechanics at all. If only they gave it 1300 raw + purple, it would be perfectly usable weapon, which won't create one ultimate GS because there're better raw GS like Nero's Anguish or Cera.
Back to top Go down
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Weapon Contest Winners!   Weapon Contest Winners! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 8:04 am

Antari18 wrote:
Those weapons should encourage new type of gameplay, they don't have to replace most OP weapons in their classes.

But on the other hand we have useless crap like Anima Reaper. Only access to white (on GS...), crazy high element and pathetic 1104 raw. It's like they don't understand GS mechanics at all. If only they gave it 1300 raw + purple, it would be perfectly usable weapon, which won't create one ultimate GS because there're better raw GS like Nero's Anguish or Cera.

anima reaper encourages you to use element GSs, which even though might not be as effective as raw GS but do still a great deal of dmg. so arguing about encouraging alternative playstiles this might be a bad example ;)
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Weapon Contest Winners!   Weapon Contest Winners! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 3:11 pm

Yeah same can be said about playing with Rust weapons without upgrades. It's a fun challenge and different playstyle!

Jokes aside, element on GS is a nice bonus this gen, but you can't really do anything without access to purple. And even than you have to cross certain value of raw to at least compete with raw based GS. That's why The Depotheosis despite huge element and purple can't do job done... Anima Reaper is basically The Depotheosis minus purple. Oh yeah I forgot to add, it's main advantage requires Awakening. It's useless piece of steel. Only for collecting reasons. I used it few times for testing and results were... sad.
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Weapon Contest Winners!   Weapon Contest Winners! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 5:04 pm

Anima Reaper is such a garbage GS
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
TKMT
Seltas
TKMT

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America, U.S.

PostSubject: Re: Weapon Contest Winners!   Weapon Contest Winners! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 2:28 am

PAiN--- wrote:
Anima Reaper is such a garbage GS
It would be better if it had some purple sharpness.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weapon Contest Winners!   Weapon Contest Winners! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weapon Contest Winners!
Page 1 of 1