Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
New HBG Feature Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
New HBG Feature Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New HBG Feature

Go down 
+3
Antari18
Bidoof
PAiN---
7 posters
AuthorMessage
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

Thank you Points : 9

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

New HBG Feature Empty
PostSubject: New HBG Feature   New HBG Feature Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 12:07 am

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/07/28/monster-hunter-4-ultimate-director-promises-something-cool-bowgun-users/

Okay, all my fellow bowgunners, we have good news. So basically HBG users can now preload WyvernFire S and then load another type of ammo and then use the WyvernFire whenever they want. I usually don't use WyvernFire just because the ammo clip is so small, but this new feature looks like it's going to be awesome Yes by vort Now all we need is preset gunner pouches :P

Hasn't been shown that LBG's have this feature yet.

Screenshots of course that I grabbed off a Facebook MH Community page.

Spoiler:
/ok/
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
Bidoof
Aptonoth
Bidoof

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

New HBG Feature Empty
PostSubject: Re: New HBG Feature   New HBG Feature Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 2:06 am

i've only ever LBG'd but this is cool I guess if i ever HBG
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

New HBG Feature Empty
PostSubject: Re: New HBG Feature   New HBG Feature Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 3:14 am

I doubt they'll do the same for LBG as they already have option to remove limiter and reload all ammo at once.

Tbh I never use WyvernFire S online because of small clip size and the ability to interrupt other ppl attacks. I'm also not sure if dmg wise it's worth using it.

This can be great addition for solo experience. Doesn't change anything for speedrunners though because crouchfire is still better in terms of dps. And now you have -1 place in your gunner pouch. Is it good or is it bad?

Oh and preset gunner pouches are present in 4U as someone stated in other topic in this section Yes by vort
Back to top Go down
http://gbforever.net
DanielisAwesome52
Cephalos
DanielisAwesome52

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

New HBG Feature Empty
PostSubject: Re: New HBG Feature   New HBG Feature Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 6:04 am

I wonder if this'll be a Limiter option or not, like it only works if you forgo Crouching fire. Actually if I remember correctly you could only use Wyvern Fire S if your HBG was unlimited.

It'll be neat if that's the case because it means if you can get a trip off or something while walking around with the gun out, you can roll up close and blast the shot off, most likely doing more than possible with a reload and regular firing rate
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

New HBG Feature Empty
PostSubject: Re: New HBG Feature   New HBG Feature Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 7:18 am

That would be interesting mechanic indeed. Balancing between long and close range. Because normally you like to keep the distance to get the advantage of multiplier for Pierce/Normal, while for Wyvern Fire S you need to stay close range. I think Evade Extender will be more than reasonable here, enables you to quickly change your position.

If you give up on crouching fire you get raw boost and more shots so it's a fair trade off. It's kind of interesting they decided to buff it even further with this WF mechanic.
Back to top Go down
Raptor98
Jaggi
Raptor98

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:

New HBG Feature Empty
PostSubject: Re: New HBG Feature   New HBG Feature Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 12:03 pm

I've, like the others, never really used WvernFire S. It just never seemed worth using.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

New HBG Feature Empty
PostSubject: Re: New HBG Feature   New HBG Feature Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 1:26 pm

It's actually very worth while (otherwise there wouldn't be skills specific for it) the same as with bombs. It's just knowing when to use it and when not to, the same as ARC shots on bows. The new update makes it a bit more useful overall and is nice to see.
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

New HBG Feature Empty
PostSubject: Re: New HBG Feature   New HBG Feature Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 7:07 pm

For me it was always not worth it, since looks like clust overshadow Wyvernfire S on pretty much every field. The biggest issue with it is its range, sometimes it's more safe to shot from the distance (not even mentioning range multipliers) but with WF you have to stay very close to the monster. Also hunters standing on the fire line will be interupted and thrown around... I know that Artillery Expert boost WF nicely, but basing your strategy only around shoting WF is like trying to kill monster only by kicks. It's possible but very painful :D

4U can change things a bit, as we'll get Artillery Master and this new mechanic from the topic above.
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

New HBG Feature Empty
PostSubject: Re: New HBG Feature   New HBG Feature Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 9:42 pm

I think this feature is going to be a nice addition. I don't see it being game changing, but it could definitely help. I can see an instance of someone gunning Silver Los, then after spamming Normal 2's on the legs, using the WF as he tries to hover and drop him Yes by vort
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
DanielisAwesome52
Cephalos
DanielisAwesome52

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code:

New HBG Feature Empty
PostSubject: Re: New HBG Feature   New HBG Feature Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 5:32 am

I think this function will make WF more worthwhile, especially after hearing why everyone chooses against it, now ou won't need to switch ammo just to use it, you can load it, and pull it off the moment the opportunity arises.

makes it a passive attack rather than an aggressive one like sleep bombing
Back to top Go down
Lucas
Rathalos
Lucas

Thank you Points : 63

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

New HBG Feature Empty
PostSubject: Re: New HBG Feature   New HBG Feature Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 7:46 am

I wish they would've made Reload Speed + Recoil Down a more common thing and gemming wouldn't cancel out each other :C oh well that's ok too I guess.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New HBG Feature Empty
PostSubject: Re: New HBG Feature   New HBG Feature Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New HBG Feature
Page 1 of 1