Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
MangaMan X: Azure Striker GUNVOLT Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
MangaMan X: Azure Striker GUNVOLT Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

MangaMan X: Azure Striker GUNVOLT

Go down 
AuthorMessage
MetaMarx
Rajang
MetaMarx

Thank you Points : 16

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code: 4382-2261-9491
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

MangaMan X: Azure Striker GUNVOLT Empty
PostMangaMan X: Azure Striker GUNVOLT

Azure Striker GUNVOLT is a 2D side-scrolling action platformer by Initi Creates and Keiji Inafune. The protagonist is X- er I mean Gunvolt: a mercenary who takes jobs from a terrorist organization, Quinn, to overthrow another organization who rules the world and oppressess adepts. Gunvolt can jump, shoot, dash, and walljump. Since he himself is an adept, you can use various thunder abilities. One of his abilities is an AoE attack that you will abuse the hell out of.

If you haven't guessed yet, this game is basically MegaMan X, but instead of abusing your X buster, which is weak as hell, you will be abusing an AoE attack. This game starts out with an introductory level, and then opens up so you can choose to fight any 6 mavericks in any order. You also get a special weapon after each stage. This game also has dialogue. Really bad dialogue. I would recommend skipping through it. The writing is pretty bad. Another complaint is that bosses have too much HP. Fighting my first boss with basic equipment just took way too long.

If you purchase this game within the first three months of it's release. You get AWESOME FREE SHIT

I haven't gotten to Mighty Gunvolt yet, but it looks pretty damn fun

I'm sorry the voice actor in the trailers is really bad
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

MangaMan X: Azure Striker GUNVOLT :: Comments

BoredForLife
Re: MangaMan X: Azure Striker GUNVOLT
Post Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:05 pm by BoredForLife
Is it a US only release? Cant really find it on the eshop.
MetaMarx
Post Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:53 pm by MetaMarx
It seems like EU hasn't gotten it yet. I've looked it up, and it seems like a EU release will be coming, but no set release date yet.

Sorry Sad by vort
Tomderdepp
Post Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:20 pm by Tomderdepp
that's the problem with indie games. the companies often don't have the money for localization and as they have to translate the game into 4-5 languages when bringing it to EU they usually decide to localize it there last when they have at least some of the money from the sales in the other regions
MHWF
Post Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:33 am by MHWF
It's suppose to be coming to the EU latter as well according to what they have been talking about.. and yeah overall (just like mighty #9) it's pretty much Mega man but it's well worth the buy especially for Mighty Gunvolt...

Basically 2 amazing MM games for the price of one.. so why not.
MetaMarx
Post Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:25 am by MetaMarx
I beat this today, so here's a short review for anyone on the fence about this:

This game is great. It's pretty fun and challenging for the most part. If you've ever played a MegaMan X game, you will definitely love this. Haven't played a MMX game? That's fine, this game is still pretty accesible to those who aren't familiar with the series (also go play MMX what is wrong with you). The game controls great, and there are some very interesting mechanics that I like.

Here are some complaints: the writing for this game is awful. I wouldn't blame anyone for skipping dialogue or cutscenes. The story isn't particularly interesting either. No one really wants cutscenes or text in their side-scrolling 2D action platformer. Another complaint is that bosses have a bit too much HP. Boss fights seem to drag on for a tad too long, and it becomes very apparent at the later stages.

Overall, this game is great and I enjoy it a lot. I'd recommend it to anyone who is interested. The shortcomings don't really get in the way, and aren't huge blemishes on this great game.

That's all. Time for Mighty Gunvolt, and an eventual 100% of this game.

MangaMan X: Azure Striker GUNVOLT

Page 1 of 1