Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Just started GS'ing again - armor recommendations? Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Just started GS'ing again - armor recommendations? Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Just started GS'ing again - armor recommendations?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jake Johnson
Khezu

Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

Just started GS'ing again - armor recommendations? Empty
PostSubject: Just started GS'ing again - armor recommendations?   Just started GS'ing again - armor recommendations? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 12:02 pm

I have decided to start using the Great Sword again on my "eclectic" character - I might have found a permanent weapon style!

I am currently at the six-star quests (I restarted.)

In weapons, I have: a Red Wing, and am working toward a Fin Blade and Dios Blade (when those mats become available, of course.)

I believe I would like an armor set with Quick Sheath, Fast Charge, and AuX; yet I believe such a set to be impossible (I've looked at armor sets - none have all three.)

Which of those three skills would you say to go for, and what armor set should I work toward for that skill?
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

Thank you Points : 9

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

Just started GS'ing again - armor recommendations? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just started GS'ing again - armor recommendations?   Just started GS'ing again - armor recommendations? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 7:45 pm

I main GS. On high rank you should use only Lagi S with GS. Prefferably some mix. On my second character I used some nice combo which gave me Speed sharpening, Focus, Weakness Exploit and Earplugs (you'll need some Hearing tali though). Use only Dios GS, nothing comes even close to it on high rank. Don't combo your moves, just charge to Lv3 and unleash big damage. Try to aim in monster part weak to cutting dmg.

Than you should be fine going through G rank. After certain amount of quests you should consider upgrading to Grand Yamato (G rank Jhen) and Diablos X mix. The skills which you're looking for are Rock Steady, Focus, Critical Draw, Sharpness+1 (no weapon slots needed). This is standard GS set. Most people use it with fully upgraded Brachydios GS but you can go for raw and choose Jho GS. There's also Cera (Diablos GS), but I only recomend it to use for veterans. It's purple last only for few hits and have negative affinity. Risky play will pay off if you're skilled enough but it's harder to use than two mention earlier.

Than there're 3 GS that doesn't require Sharpness+1 to get to purple. Alatreon GS, Miralis and Lucent. For alatreon you should make set with Rock Steady, Focus, Crit Draw and Weakness Exploit (with some rare tali you can also get AuS). Other two are fun to toy with but gets easily overshadowed by raw or slime GS's.

You can also make Punishing Draw set and aim for head to get KO, but in 3U monsters are just too fragile to sustain enough to actually pull off even one KO. It's great for soloplay though.
Back to top Go down
http://gbforever.net

Just started GS'ing again - armor recommendations?
Page 1 of 1