Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!

MH4Ultimate releases this Friday, February 13th!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk

Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
What's hunting you?

Share | 

New Weapon: G or New

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sephastus
Diablos

Thank you Points : 29

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: New Weapon: G or New   Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:10 pm

I am one of those, that when starting a completely new weapon choice, likes starting a new character altogether (I use different Miis). After that, I tend to not use ANY other weapon on that character until I get him to G rank (solo).

I feel this makes me learn my new weapon much better than if I just give my main character the new weapon. I do eventually make those weapons for my main, but only after I feel like I am completely proficient on the weapon.

What does everyone else think on this issue? Should a player just jump into the new weapon whenever they want, or only when starting a new character?
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen

Thank you Points : 19

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: New Weapon: G or New   Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:21 pm

I believe that either way can work. It's just that if you start a character over and choose to use only that weapon, you won't be tempted to just switch to a weapon you are more comfortable with (Because you have none.).

Overall I feel that if someone wanted to learn a new weapon type, the way you (Sephastus) do it would be better than just giving their current G rank player (or whatever they might have) one and doing it with them.

However, if a player doesn't necessarily know if they want to learn the different weapon type (Whatever it may be.). I think that they should just make a cheap one with their current character and try it first.

All that said, I never learned new weapon types by starting over. I always just made them with my current characters and practiced as I was going to G rank as well as once I was there. So I guess you could say I kind of practiced a bunch of new weapon types as I was going to G rank?
Back to top Go down

New Weapon: G or New
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1