Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Lets Talk About George Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Lets Talk About George Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lets Talk About George

Go down 
+2
Sephastus
DarkFallinRain
6 posters
AuthorMessage
DarkFallinRain
Popo
DarkFallinRain

Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

Lets Talk About George Empty
PostSubject: Lets Talk About George   Lets Talk About George Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 11:55 pm

so..umm..bp has made a monster...In to be honest,i have never been this scared of a monster before.I cant even begin to describe such a monster like this..so any thoughts on it or any ideas?.

Heres George's intro
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

Thank you Points : 32

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Lets Talk About George   Lets Talk About George Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 1:23 pm

Aww Lao Shan Lung is back! Though this is definitely a virus infected version.

He's just a big meat bag... a wall of flesh to just hammer down before your time runs out.

Great way to learn how to put out the most damage on your weapon of choice.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Lets Talk About George   Lets Talk About George Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 2:04 pm

Actually it's a bit different than Lao.. The monsters officially in relations to it are Gore Magala, Shagaru Magara and it specifically and MH4g/u monster.

It's english title (not name) is Giant Halberd Dragon and it's element is fire with an 'OIL" ailment.

Also it's notexactly just a HP tank.. It does take a bit to attack and does attack back.

here is it:

Lets Talk About George Maxresdefault (couldn't find a miiverse picture)

and here is Lao Shan Lung
Lets Talk About George 400px-FrontierGen-Lao-Shan_Lung_Render_001

they don't realy look or act anything alike even the Ashen-lao which is dragon element..
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

Thank you Points : 32

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lets Talk About George   Lets Talk About George Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 2:58 pm

Checked out a video of a group of hunters fighting it, and it looks more like a Dire Miralis with a new stance and "charge" attacks.

I take back the Lao Shan Lung comparison, only because this thing's main objective is not to destroy the fort, but you. ^_^
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Lets Talk About George   Lets Talk About George Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 3:08 pm

you can't jump to conclusions with a lot of the things in mh4g/u as capcom has really seemed to try and make it a better game than any of the previous ones..
Back to top Go down
DarkFallinRain
Popo
DarkFallinRain

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lets Talk About George   Lets Talk About George Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 8:00 pm

Pardon my French, but what the bloody hell is this monster? I understand that Mh4gu isn't out in America yet, but someone has to have a good theory about this monstrosity.
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

Thank you Points : 97

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lets Talk About George   Lets Talk About George Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 9:15 pm

The better question is why you thought to call him "George"? Sounds lame. I'm much more interested to see what the things English name will be.
Back to top Go down
DarkFallinRain
Popo
DarkFallinRain

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lets Talk About George   Lets Talk About George Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 9:22 pm

George was his nickname before there was a confirmed name,similar to how selregios was called "Steve". I think People tend to like George so far, a simple yet funny name for a terrifying monster makes the situation kinda funny.
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lets Talk About George   Lets Talk About George Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 9:32 pm

I don't even see how remotely his name could be referred to as "George" in any form, I'd argue those coming up with the nicknames are utterly dumb (even if it's Capcom themselves). Seriously how does Gogumajiosu translate at all into George. First off he has no "e" in his name. Second the "g" parts sound like "goo goo" or "goo gu" which sounds more like baby sounds than George. The "majiosu" part reminds me of either Majora's Mask (the Majora part) or Majin Buu.

I'm not faulting you, just really scratching my head at whatever idiot nicknamed the boss originally.
Back to top Go down
DarkFallinRain
Popo
DarkFallinRain

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lets Talk About George   Lets Talk About George Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 9:38 pm

Yeah,not gonna lie,i rather have capcom come clean with the names of the monsters.That happens to make me abit more interested..having a name like that with the sound of "goo" and "majiosu" really gives me a more terrifying sight of this monster. Majora's Mask was a very creepy game,and majin buu was evil as hell. This monster still keeps amazing me...I cant wait till it comes to the Us...
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lets Talk About George   Lets Talk About George Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 9:48 pm

Yeah, would be interesting for sure to see what this creature is officially named and classified as in English.
Back to top Go down
Bidoof
Aptonoth
Bidoof

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: Lets Talk About George   Lets Talk About George Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 11:32 pm

Nova wrote:
I don't even see how remotely his name could be referred to as "George" in any form, I'd argue those coming up with the nicknames are utterly dumb (even if it's Capcom themselves). Seriously how does Gogumajiosu translate at all into George. First off he has no "e" in his name. Second the "g" parts sound like "goo goo" or "goo gu" which sounds more like baby sounds than George. The "majiosu" part reminds me of either Majora's Mask (the Majora part) or Majin Buu.

I'm not faulting you, just really scratching my head at whatever idiot nicknamed the boss originally.

iirc, Seregios was joked to be called Steve by Yuri, but Gogumajiosu wasn't given any official nickname by Capcom, instead "George" came from Kogath on the MH Wiki (who nicknamed is George (and Sad Face) as soon as he saw it (before an official name), but peple seemed to like George more than Sad FAce, so then everyone just decided to use to name George because he used it (idk why). Not a fan of the name either (don't see how it can be a "fan name" either since it basically started from one person and then everyone decided to jump on the George bandwagon)

Anyway. If they localize similar to how they localized Seruregious (or w/e his Jp name is) to Seregios then I'd expect his English name to be something like Gogmazius or something (I'm diggin' it)
Back to top Go down
Roon
Shagaru Magala
Roon

Thank you Points : 63

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lets Talk About George   Lets Talk About George Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 5:48 pm

I am going to hazard guess but I think it's English name might sound something like Goremagus?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lets Talk About George   Lets Talk About George Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lets Talk About George
Page 1 of 1