Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
What's Your Size? Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
What's Your Size? Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What's Your Size?

Go down 
+4
Grossmond
Tomderdepp
Sephastus
MHWF
8 posters
AuthorMessage
MHWF
MHWikiForums
MHWF

Thank you Points : 31

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code: 4468-1021-0797
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

What's Your Size? Empty
PostSubject: What's Your Size?   What's Your Size? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2014 12:16 pm

In the tradition of the past size charts for Monster Hunter, Capcom has released several new pictures for MH4U showing how large the monsters really are!

What's Your Size? MH4U_Infographic_Seltas

What's Your Size? MH4U_Infographic_Deviljho

What's Your Size? MH4U_Infographic_Dalamadur

What's Your Size? MH4U_Infographic_Nerscylla

What's Your Size? MH4U_Infographic_DahrenMohran

What's Your Size? MH4U_Infographic_GoreMagala

What's Your Size? MH4U_Infographic_610ab
Back to top Go down
https://mhwiki.forumotion.net
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

Thank you Points : 32

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

What's Your Size? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's Your Size?   What's Your Size? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2014 4:40 pm

Glad to see physics is dead and gone in this game :-P

There is a reason why certain animals can't reach certain sizes out of the water... and it has to do with their own weight crushing their internal organs :-D.

Hurray for game physics! (full metal armor without becoming a brick underwater!).
Back to top Go down
MHWF
MHWikiForums
MHWF

What's Your Size? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's Your Size?   What's Your Size? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2014 4:45 pm

.. you want physics? go play tetris.. Since when was there physics in MH? Also you do know MH isn't exactly based on our world.. so who knows what the gravity or physics might be there.
Back to top Go down
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): EU

What's Your Size? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's Your Size?   What's Your Size? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2014 5:15 pm

Sephastus wrote:

There is a reason why certain animals can't reach certain sizes out of the water... and it has to do with their own weight crushing their internal organs :-D.

Well, with the materials and are made off, and the way they are built they couldn't reach this size. how would you know if the nature in the Monster Hunter universe hasn't found a way to to make big creatures more stable...

Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

3DS friends code:

What's Your Size? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's Your Size?   What's Your Size? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2014 5:40 pm

So... is there any way to say that you are HAPPY with the way they did physics in this game without sounding sarcastic? I am honestly HAPPY that they have fake physics in this game, or it would be really boring. For exmpla, I can wield an absurdly large hammer made out of metal very far away from its fulcrum point, and still hit things very quickly... which would mean my strength is exponentially large... yet, if I want to carry an egg, I need both hands, and have trouble walking :-D

Don't hate the observer.
Back to top Go down
MHWF
MHWikiForums
MHWF

What's Your Size? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's Your Size?   What's Your Size? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2014 6:29 pm

I still have this theory that the Humans in the MH world are actually really small and all the materials they use are styrofoam they just call it something else.. and all the monsters have a severe alergy to foam!

as far as the actual size comparisons though.. I think the 3U picture and video with Chacha was much better.
Back to top Go down
Grossmond
Kelbi

Thank you Points : 0

What's Your Size? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's Your Size?   What's Your Size? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 10:52 am

Sephastus wrote:
Glad to see physics is dead and gone in this game :-P

Hurray for game physics! (full metal armor without becoming a brick underwater!).

Quote :
So... is there any way to say that you are HAPPY with the way they did physics in this game without sounding sarcastic? I am honestly HAPPY that they have fake physics in this game, or it would be really boring. For exmpla, I can wield an absurdly large hammer made out of metal very far away from its fulcrum point, and still hit things very quickly... which would mean my strength is exponentially large... yet, if I want to carry an egg, I need both hands, and have trouble walking :-D

Don't hate the observer.

Considering the two potentially largets dinosaurs to have walked the earth are estimated at 3400 cm (~112 ft), and 5800 cm (~190 ft), and the largets fully confirmed one is 2590 cm (85 ft) I would say you are a bit off on saying the monsters in this game couldn't exist.

Save for elder dragons most of the largest monsters max out at 3000-3600 cm and thats for gold largest, which means most of them essentially could easily exist even today.

As for the physics of us swimming, running, climbing in heavy armor or swinging over sized weapons i'm just gonna say welcome to a game that has never once attempted to sell itself as a simulator. Stop trying to label a game with an aspect it doesn't try emulating. There are several options out there for real world simulation games if this isn't your thing.

TL;DR You aren't exactly right about monster sizes, and yes I can say with a serious tone that I am indeed happy with this games physics.
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

Thank you Points : 97

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

What's Your Size? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's Your Size?   What's Your Size? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 8:22 pm

In mention of the huge oversized weapons we wield in the game, potentially life could have changed. I mean apes, even just normal chimpanzees can LITERALLY rip your own arm completely off your body. If humanity had evolved differently on our world to not just have better brains but still retained that level of strength, some of the stronger humans in that kind of world would probably indeed be able to wield Monster Hunter sized weapons.

So potentially evolution for humans in the MH world could have likely done just that in order to keep or give humans the edge needed to fight and survive. It's not entirely unrealistic.
Back to top Go down
Ataraxia
Rajang
Ataraxia

Thank you Points : 33

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

What's Your Size? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's Your Size?   What's Your Size? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 6:28 am

The outrageous sizes was a large part of what drew me to the franchise in the first place, though the 'actual size' of the Amadyura is... slightly ridiculous. It seems half that size in game, but whatever it's not inherently a bad thing
Back to top Go down
MHWF
MHWikiForums
MHWF

What's Your Size? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's Your Size?   What's Your Size? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 11:42 am

Nova wrote:
In mention of the huge oversized weapons we wield in the game, potentially life could have changed. I mean apes, even just normal chimpanzees can LITERALLY rip your own arm completely off your body. If humanity had evolved differently on our world to not just have better brains but still retained that level of strength, some of the stronger humans in that kind of world would probably indeed be able to wield Monster Hunter sized weapons.

So potentially evolution for humans in the MH world could have likely done just that in order to keep or give humans the edge needed to fight and survive. It's not entirely unrealistic.

Agreed.. There are alot of factors involved. Evolution, oxygen levels, heck even the location of the moon. It's already known that 65+ million years ago the conditions on earth were better for larger animals. Higher oxygen levels and the moon being closer and http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/2014/10/nasa-moons-volcanos-were-active-during-earths-cretaceous-period-the-age-of-dinosaurs.html
Just the overall differences that allowed or could have allowed much larger forms of life on Earth.. The MH world may be a lot more primal and still have the allowences for that typ of life. This would also lead to a different evolutionary path for humanity as they would need to develop in a way that could survive in a much harsher world.
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

3DS friends code:

What's Your Size? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's Your Size?   What's Your Size? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 3:23 pm

I understand what you guys are saying, and for an example, we can take the pterodactyl... if it existed today, it would have not been able to fly at all... yet in ancient times there was an overabundance of water vapor in the air, which would mean the ratio of weight to displacement to be able to provide proper lift of a creature that size was perfectly doable...

Now, the sizes in this game are just completely out of proportion to all of that, and nothing can justify it outside of magic or imagination.... OR... these creatures have the same ability of that Alatreon subspecies to be able to control "gravity" around it nearest vicinity.

Heh, imagination can run wild, but physics in this game is definitely NOT equivalent to our own.
Back to top Go down
MHWF
MHWikiForums
MHWF

What's Your Size? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's Your Size?   What's Your Size? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 3:44 pm

^ actually if you are not dealing with our own planet but a completely different one than there may be other things at play. Gravity, planet size (scientist theorize that larger planets may alow for larger life forms and smaller planet = smaller life). As far as the similarities between humans/monsters and the people/monsters of this other world there are several hypotosists that believe evolution regardless of the planet will evolve along similar paths just with adaptations to their specific environments.

Or.. We could be looking at this all wrong. Everthing in the MH world could just be computer code manifesting visual images onto a screen used for entertainment and physics were not fully taken into account when this computer code was created.. But that's unlikely.
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

3DS friends code:

What's Your Size? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's Your Size?   What's Your Size? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 5:11 pm

Ok, lets bust out some facts about animals and their sizes. :-D

First: Size of insect on our planer is not dependant on gravity, but mainly Oxygen. The more oxygen in our atmosphere, the bigger the insects will get. (During the last coniferous era, we had cockroaches the size of house cats...).

Second: The more gravity a planet has, the bulkier the legs land animals have to have to support their weight, or the thinner, lighter they have to be to be competitive...

Third: Throughout history, larger animals come about due to long time adaptations. Whever there is a large extinction event, the smaller, more adaptable animals are the ones to survive (who usually have a much smaller life-span), while the larger animals are the ones that take a big hit, since they are much slower in their adaptations.

Size only is an advantage when there are very long periods of time before mass extinctions. In MH, it seems we are the Mass Extinction Event, and we will eventually take down all the bigger creatures, that require much longer to adapt to us ^_^
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

Thank you Points : 97

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

What's Your Size? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's Your Size?   What's Your Size? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 11:16 pm

You also forget that scientists have discovered other possible Earth-like planets due to their design out in the universe. Including a couple of "Super Earth" planets that are the same design and coloration as Earth but are MASSIVELY bigger, able to fit many copies of our Earth entirely within them.

So in addition to human evolution literally being able to potentially produce people capable of using grossly oversized weapons, Monster evolutions are possibilities are still a real life / this universe possibility.
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

3DS friends code:

What's Your Size? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's Your Size?   What's Your Size? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 2:14 pm

Nova wrote:
You also forget that scientists have discovered other possible Earth-like planets due to their design out in the universe. Including a couple of "Super Earth" planets that are the same design and coloration as Earth but are MASSIVELY bigger, able to fit many copies of our Earth entirely within them.

So in addition to human evolution literally being able to potentially produce people capable of using grossly oversized weapons, Monster evolutions are possibilities are still a real life / this universe possibility.

Yep yep... and the reason they are called super earths is because they are in the "goldilocks zone", where liquid water is possible. However, water is not the only thing needed for life. There also needs to be a magnetic field (Mars is in the goldilocks zone, but due to it not having a magnetic field, the solar winds stripped it of most of its atmosphere). And in order for there to be a magnetic field, there needs to be a gooey liquid center... which super earth currently lack... so... yeah.

Apart from that, super earths are also found closer to the host star than our planet... but those stars are already in stages beyond our own star, by which time, the thermal energies emitted by it would have LONG disintegrated the building blocks of life (which need to come from frozen comets, since that is where a few key ingredients to life form due to the interaction of the star's radiation and the components of water/solids on that big snowball).

ok, I think I am going on a tangent >_<

TLDR; Super Earths does not imply habitable planets that are bigger than earth, but instead refer to big planets in the goldilocks zone that may, or may not contain water in its upper atmosphere.
Back to top Go down
MHWF
MHWikiForums
MHWF

What's Your Size? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's Your Size?   What's Your Size? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 3:47 pm

Sephastus wrote:

TLDR; Super Earths does not imply habitable planets that are bigger than earth, but instead refer to big planets in the goldilocks zone that may, or may not contain water in its upper atmosphere.

We're just a regular earth and barely inhabitable.. Heck any planet with Justin beeber and Miley Cirus on it should be made a hazardest waste planet...

Anyways going back to the monsters and not their planet, I remember this from some time ago:

What's Your Size? Deviljho-Skeleton

What's Your Size? Lagiacrus-Skeleton

What's Your Size? Tumblr_mscqzwgYtK1ruxn67o1_1280

What's Your Size? Th?&id=HN.608047411068733848&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1

What's Your Size? Th?id=HN.608044396001561440&w=202&h=177&c=7&rs=1&pid=1
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:

What's Your Size? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's Your Size?   What's Your Size? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 9:50 pm

MHWF wrote:
What's Your Size? Tumblr_mscqzwgYtK1ruxn67o1_1280

Oooh...
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU

What's Your Size? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's Your Size?   What's Your Size? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 11:15 am

^ yeah.. One thing I noticed is that Jehns bone structure seems to be a lot more sparse and less dense than Laggies but with a thicker hide. I wonder if the sparse bone structure and thick hide allows for better movement through loose sand?

I have to read the ecology report on him and see if it says anything.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What's Your Size? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's Your Size?   What's Your Size? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's Your Size?
Page 1 of 1