Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
We need fist weapons Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
We need fist weapons Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

We need fist weapons

Go down 
+4
Raptor98
Antari18
Phazon Xenomorph
GrashXL002
8 posters
AuthorMessage
GrashXL002
Yian Garuga
GrashXL002

Thank you Points : 1

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

We need fist weapons Empty
PostSubject: We need fist weapons   We need fist weapons Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 7:06 pm

'nuff said.
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

Thank you Points : 97

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: We need fist weapons   We need fist weapons Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 9:22 pm

Monster Hunter Frontier pretty much has this in the form of the Tonfa. It's a hyper aggressive, no pause, kind of playstyle that does impact damage with speeds possibly faster than dual swords. Combined with the air combo's it's capable of and the ability have instantaneous knockdown recovery with the weapon. It's pretty much melee up close goodness.
Back to top Go down
GrashXL002
Yian Garuga
GrashXL002

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: We need fist weapons   We need fist weapons Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 7:19 am

Nova wrote:
Monster Hunter Frontier pretty much has this in the form of the Tonfa. It's a hyper aggressive, no pause, kind of playstyle that does impact damage with speeds possibly faster than dual swords. Combined with the air combo's it's capable of and the ability have instantaneous knockdown recovery with the weapon. It's pretty much melee up close goodness.

Sounds awesome... except we don't have frontier g yet Sad by vort
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: We need fist weapons   We need fist weapons Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 3:38 pm

There's some event One Piece weapon in Japan, which turns DB into Luffy's giant fists Yes by vort

They'll probably add Tonfas in MH5.

Hovever what I'm more interested is another hybrid weapon. Mix of Great Sword and Gunlance = GunBlade. After each charge or slash you can shoot some explosive shells or WF. Giant Boomerang would also fit in the series because there're already small boomerangs in the game, just like we have HH and Healing Horns, Attack Horns etc.
Back to top Go down
http://gbforever.net
Raptor98
Jaggi
Raptor98

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: We need fist weapons   We need fist weapons Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 11:33 pm

Hopefully CapCom will get their stuff together and actually give us MH5 -_-
Back to top Go down
Lagiacrus the ultimate
Rathalos
Lagiacrus the ultimate

Thank you Points : 18

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: We need fist weapons   We need fist weapons Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 12:12 am

Raptor98 wrote:
Get their stuff together? I think they've been doing that recently, seeing as they're acknowledging the game's Western cult following and actually releasing things here.
Back to top Go down
Raptor98
Jaggi
Raptor98

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: We need fist weapons   We need fist weapons Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 1:26 am

Lagiacrus the ultimate wrote:
Raptor98 wrote:
Get their stuff together? I think they've been doing that recently, seeing as they're acknowledging the game's Western cult following and actually releasing things here.
I am happy that we are getting MH4U, but missing out on MH4 sucked. A LOT. I'm just hoping they don't do that again now that the West has a bigger Monster Hunter audience.
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: We need fist weapons   We need fist weapons Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 3:10 am

I believe we didn't get 4 because when they released it they immediately realized some improvements they could make, and that 3U was still going strong over here (just look how many newcomers on Wii U version of 3U appeared this holiday season). Didn't make sense to overload the market.
Back to top Go down
GrashXL002
Yian Garuga
GrashXL002

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: We need fist weapons   We need fist weapons Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 11:11 am

Nova wrote:
I believe we didn't get 4 because when they released it they immediately realized some improvements they could make, and that 3U was still going strong over here (just look how many newcomers on Wii U version of 3U appeared this holiday season). Didn't make sense to overload the market.

Yeah Nova has a point. Besides we always get the G rank versions. That's what I don't get about Capcom. Japanese developers say the west will be really bad at the hard games but Capcom give us the G rank version of 4 instead of just 4.
Back to top Go down
Raptor98
Jaggi
Raptor98

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: We need fist weapons   We need fist weapons Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 11:54 am

Nova wrote:
That is a good point xD
Back to top Go down
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): EU

PostSubject: Re: We need fist weapons   We need fist weapons Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 11:59 am

the reason why we didn't get 4 was because they released 3U here one and a half year after Japan, and japan would actually have gotten 4 at the same time as we got 3U (but 4 was delayed half a year). so while 3U propably was pretty dead in japan it was only released here

and as pretty much all MH games had a release gap of 1.5-2 years from japan to the west they propably left out 4 so they can now close that gap and have a somewhat normal localization period of about 6 months.

And on topic:
I kinda wish there was some sort of throughing weapon. you know simmilar to how stones or boomarangs work but as a legid full fledged weapon.
Back to top Go down
GrashXL002
Yian Garuga
GrashXL002

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: We need fist weapons   We need fist weapons Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 3:04 pm

Tomderdepp wrote:

And on topic:
I kinda wish there was some sort of throughing weapon. you know simmilar to how stones or boomarangs work but as a legid full fledged weapon.

That sounds pretty cool. The only idea that comes to mind would be a spear throwing weapon. You'd have to carry spears like ammo for a bowgun but you could have like fire spears or poison spears etc and they work like bows with the pierce, rapid, etc system but they're like bowguns in that they don't have a set element, it's just a case of what kind of spears you can throw. I know it sounds weird and confusing here but it works in my head :P
Back to top Go down
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: We need fist weapons   We need fist weapons Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 3:14 pm

i was more thinking of something like shurikensor something simmilar, spears might be somewhat unrealistic if you always carry hundreds of them with you (they are still a nice idea though). and i'd propably have them work more like a bow with infinete ammo and coatings...
Back to top Go down
Raptor98
Jaggi
Raptor98

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: We need fist weapons   We need fist weapons Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 3:40 pm

What about a blowgun with different dart kinds :P
Back to top Go down
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: We need fist weapons   We need fist weapons Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 4:05 pm

not sure if blowgun wouldn't be too similar to bow or bowgun.

that's propably also the reason why there aren't so many ranged weapons around. because most would be too simmilar in usage.
Back to top Go down
Raptor98
Jaggi
Raptor98

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: We need fist weapons   We need fist weapons Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 4:18 pm

It was a joke lol
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: We need fist weapons   We need fist weapons Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 7:01 pm

GrashXL002 wrote:
Nova wrote:

Yeah Nova has a point. Besides we always get the G rank versions. That's what I don't get about Capcom. Japanese developers say the west will be really bad at the hard games but Capcom give us the G rank version of 4 instead of just 4.

Which is hilarious. If I recall correctly the Japanese version of Tri had slightly lower healthpool monsters, status effects lasted longer, bombs did more damage to boss, etc...when in the US / EU versions status lasted shorter, bombs did less damage, etc...

They need to learn they aren't as skilled as they think in many aspects of gaming.
Back to top Go down
Ataraxia
Rajang
Ataraxia

Thank you Points : 33

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: We need fist weapons   We need fist weapons Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 9:12 am

Because despite what 'they' think, the west has much more of a demand for non-casual games when you're looking at franchises not already well established, or aren't typically western oriented (MH)

If you give them a harder version, you're pandering to a specific audience, the ones who will see this strange franchise they don't recognise in the store or whatever and try it because they've heard its not just a throwaway 20 hour investment.

Capcom know what they're doing most of the time

You also have to figure that those people are also the loudest when it comes to advertising through word of mouth, for example this forum, /mhg/ on 4chan, reddit, whatever it may be.
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: We need fist weapons   We need fist weapons Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 9:36 am

Ataraxia wrote:
Because despite what 'they' think, the west has much more of a demand for non-casual games when you're looking at franchises not already well established, or aren't typically western oriented (MH)

If you give them a harder version, you're pandering to a specific audience, the ones who will see this strange franchise they don't recognise in the store or whatever and try it because they've heard its not just a throwaway 20 hour investment.

Capcom know what they're doing most of the time

You also have to figure that those people are also the loudest when it comes to advertising through word of mouth, for example this forum, /mhg/ on 4chan, reddit, whatever it may be.

Yeah but imo there are still TOO many casual games out there, the market for the hardcore seekers is shrinking more and more, it's fine to pander to a mass audience but you shouldn't outright ignore those who wish to push the boundary of what they can do.
Back to top Go down
burning_rogue
Jaggi
burning_rogue

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd/Import
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: We need fist weapons   We need fist weapons Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2015 5:59 pm

Hmm... I was thinking about something like a morning star with a chain. Swinging it around and just beating up monsters with it.... Then again.... It might be quite difficult.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We need fist weapons   We need fist weapons Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

We need fist weapons
Page 1 of 1