Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Demo experience - Page 2 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Demo experience - Page 2 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Demo experience

Go down 
+17
anduin55
ZeroRyu
Roon
Ataraxia
dcj91x
Verity19
BoredForLife
Tomderdepp
Raptor98
Antari18
MHWF
MetaMarx
Yuki
Phazon Xenomorph
TKMT
parasky
GobulHunterJames
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
GobulHunterJames
Kecha Wacha
GobulHunterJames

Thank you Points : 1

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): UK

Demo experience - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Demo experience   Demo experience - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 4:59 pm

First topic message reminder :

#MH4Udemo

So I got the dl code for the demo in Europe, after trying it out, I've noticed some weapons I used to be good with, I'm not doing that well, either because of the new terrain or changes.

For one, the bow now changes between Aim mode with X and you charge shots with R, after using the bow on MH3U so much I keep confusing the buttons. I have notice that instead of Arc shots you have power shots, after fully charging and firing a normal shot, pressing A will fire a power shot right after it.
The Sword and Shield also doesn't do the leap and is instead a running slash, which looks awesome but offputs my timing.

Now one weapon, the Switch Axe, I think as been improved, it plays largely the same but the sword mode X combo has an added quicker slice to it.
I love the Charge Axe, but the Insect Staff I'm not so fond of, I need more time with it to get accustomed to it.

I've yet to try out any of the other old weapons for their changes, but I'll be doing that soon enough.

Also you can fight the Gore Magala in the demo... It's a tough lizard.

I know the demo isn't out in USA yet, but I do hope that NoA gets on to that ASAP.
(Please don't hate me, I just wanted to share my experience with weapon changes D: )
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): EU

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   Demo experience - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 4:13 am

MetaMarx wrote:
^ nah. All rolling does is allow you to do a jump off a ledge with your weapon unsheathed. It doesn't work up ledges.

Finally got the timing down for the Super AED on Charge Blade and figured out you needed the enhanced element to activate it. But when I finally landed it... oh man that power. Tetsu didn't stand a damn chance.

yeah i''ve been experimenting wih that attack too but didn't get to pull it off. how exactly do you do it? the weapondescription isn't too clear about it...
Back to top Go down
MetaMarx
Rajang
MetaMarx

Thank you Points : 16

3DS friends code: 4382-2261-9491
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   Demo experience - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 4:34 am

^ So first of all you need to charge your phail. Afterwards, activate the a+x attack during a combo that uses up one phail, but during the animation where the sword is put into the shield to charge it up, press R and all your phail should deplete and you'll do a standard sword attack. You'll know that you did this correctly if you see a red shield next to your sharpness meter. Next, do the same exact thing as before, except instead of pressing R during the animation, press back on the circle pad + x at the same time to deplete all of your phail and unleash the super AED attack. The red shield will go away too.
Back to top Go down
TKMT
Seltas
TKMT

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America, U.S.

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   Demo experience - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2015 3:42 am

Hmm, it appears the carving knife slash combo while hanging off the wall has some very good flincing potency.
Sliced at a Great Jaggi a bit while in solo mode and around two slices will make it flinch. This COULD flinch lock, but not so well alone. Going to attempt multiplay and see if potency is equal.

EDIT: Nope, monster builds up immunity. But, it flinches rather quickly the first few strikes, which could make it useful to climb a wall and just swing at a monster to flinch.
Super situational lol

EDIT 2: This doesn't work well for Tetsucabra.
Back to top Go down
TKMT
Seltas
TKMT

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   Demo experience - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2015 12:13 am

What the hell is with all the rooms locked with passcodes and there's no way to distinguish a locked room or not?

4 pages of Tetsucabra rooms and not a single one open. Are people locking their rooms on accident?
Back to top Go down
Raptor98
Jaggi
Raptor98

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   Demo experience - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2015 1:23 am

TKMT wrote:
What the hell is with all the rooms locked with passcodes and there's no way to distinguish a locked room or not?

4 pages of Tetsucabra rooms and not a single one open. Are people locking their rooms on accident?
A lot of people will join up on Streams or Skype and just hunt with people that they can chat to. I've done that many times.
Back to top Go down
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   Demo experience - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2015 4:46 am

yeah pretty much 99% of the time i'm online in the demo i play with people i know, or from the forum. if you are looking for a party just check by the chat box, there's often people there that like to hunt.
or just try typing in 1234 as a pass...
Back to top Go down
MetaMarx
Rajang
MetaMarx

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   Demo experience - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2015 9:51 pm

It's always nice to see people who like to ruin someone else's mount.... oh wait no it isn't
Back to top Go down
TKMT
Seltas
TKMT

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   Demo experience - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2015 10:35 pm

MetaMarx wrote:
It's always nice to see people who like to ruin someone else's mount.... oh wait no it isn't
They don't understand how it works.
Back to top Go down
MetaMarx
Rajang
MetaMarx

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   Demo experience - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 2:26 am

You'd think that, but after flinching the monster 3 times and seeing me fly off, the message not getting to them gets a bit annoying. It's nice to see people get how this works mid quest, but I was definitely not paired with such people.
Back to top Go down
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   Demo experience - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 4:09 am

So it seems they turned status off on meele weapons. Red, Kairak and me tried a SnS only run but couldn't put Tetsu to sleep. after that Raptor joined us for a 4GS vs. Gore Magala and again we didn't even get the para on the GS off once. Status still works on bow coatings though, i wonder why they did that.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   Demo experience - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 11:33 am

I was able to sleep GJaggi on every run.. never tried the other two. Also The weapons and armors in demo are not the actual things.. they are just their for looks and the demo. The real ones that they match to will be different ingame (same look different stats) overall.
Back to top Go down
Verity19
Black Gravios
Verity19

3DS friends code: 0619-6394-9770
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   Demo experience - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 11:44 am

Tomderdepp wrote:
So it seems they turned status off on meele weapons. Red, Kairak and me tried a SnS only run but couldn't put Tetsu to sleep. after that Raptor joined us for a 4GS vs. Gore Magala and again we didn't even get the para on the GS off once. Status still works on bow coatings though, i wonder why they did that.

I haven't tried any of those, but I'm pretty sure I've gotten the poison effects to work on the long sword several times, since I did watch for it a few times. I even recall now a match against either the Tetsu or Great Jaggi while teamed up with my roommate during which I alerted her that I had poisoned it (she's new to the game, so was pointing out what some things were or meant here and there, etc).
Odd that you all weren't being able to get the ailments to show, though :/
Back to top Go down
TKMT
Seltas
TKMT

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   Demo experience - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 1:42 pm

MetaMarx wrote:
You'd think that, but after flinching the monster 3 times and seeing me fly off, the message not getting to them gets a bit annoying. It's nice to see people get how this works mid quest, but I was definitely not paired with such people.
Yeah, they don't know any better.
They're thirsty for blood, and don't like waiting.

Tomderdepp wrote:
Seems that way. You can see the status infliction, but it appears that it doesn't work.
On a side note, The Sword & Shield's Shield attacks appear capable of inflicting status attacks(and possibly elemental attacks?). Hooray!
Back to top Go down
Ataraxia
Rajang
Ataraxia

Thank you Points : 33

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   Demo experience - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 2:26 pm

To be honest, forcing people to stop wailing on a monster because someone decided to get on it was a pretty poor design choice.
Back to top Go down
TKMT
Seltas
TKMT

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   Demo experience - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 6:03 pm

Ataraxia wrote:
To be honest, forcing people to stop wailing on a monster because someone decided to get on it was a pretty poor design choice.
I only see this getting in the way of Low Rank.

High Rank and G rank have higher stagger levels, so randoms just attacking may not flinch the monster as much.

Oh, and this mounting thing may be the best thing ever for those Super Monsters that were in 3 Ultimate... if there are any.
Back to top Go down
MetaMarx
Rajang
MetaMarx

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   Demo experience - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 6:57 pm

Ataraxia wrote:

Agreed.

"Oh someone mounted the monster! I guess I'll just... watch..."

It's helpful if you need to heal, sharpen, or reload though
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   Demo experience - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2015 5:51 pm

Why do you have to stop? the person on the monster just needs to hold on more with the (R) button..
Back to top Go down
Raptor98
Jaggi
Raptor98

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   Demo experience - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2015 6:43 pm

dcj91x wrote:
Why do you have to stop? the person on the monster just needs to hold on more with the (R) button..
The monster will just randomly throw them off.
Back to top Go down
MetaMarx
Rajang
MetaMarx

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   Demo experience - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2015 6:48 pm

that doesn't work, and no one in their right mind would do that when they have a clear shot of extending that blue bar when the monster is fatigued. Even if you downed a dash juice and hold R the entire time, you will be thrown off eventually. Other hunters only have a real opportunity to attack when the monster is fatigued and the mounter will be mashing the hell out of the attack button. So your suggestion is pretty counter-productive.

"Look, three people can take on Gore so don't aban- oh. Duo-ing Gore isn't bad unless you pull your own- oh you left too." - my hunting experience today
Back to top Go down
TKMT
Seltas
TKMT

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   Demo experience - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 2:33 am

dcj91x wrote:
The monster isn't immune to reaching the flinch threshold when somebody mounts it.
Back to top Go down
Roon
Shagaru Magala
Roon

Thank you Points : 63

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   Demo experience - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 1:11 pm

Does anyone have an extra Demo code that I can have? I seem to not have received one or I may have accidentally deleted it. Just send me a PM if you'd like to help me out.

*Edit* Thanks to MetaMarx I have the Demo now. So far I have hunted all the monsters, including Gore Megala, quite successfully. The one thing that I have to get used to is using bow on the more textured fighting planes and the different button assignments. Thank God for the Demo with its unlimited playing options.
Back to top Go down
ZeroRyu
Kelbi
ZeroRyu

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   Demo experience - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 7:15 pm

I noticed that the Insect Glaive is a bit wierd. I cannot seem to get the bug to get what I want him to do on the harder faster monsters. I think i'll stick to hammers. They're easy and fun.
Back to top Go down
MetaMarx
Rajang
MetaMarx

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   Demo experience - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 7:19 pm

The kinsect in the demo is slow as shit. Just send it out at point blank to get what you need
Back to top Go down
Roon
Shagaru Magala
Roon

Thank you Points : 63

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   Demo experience - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 9:18 pm

Be nice to ZeroRyu guys, this is one of my Monster Hunter playing nephews. TeeHee
Back to top Go down
TKMT
Seltas
TKMT

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   Demo experience - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 9:32 pm

The Insect Glaive grants earplugs when you mix the colors Red, White, and Yellow.
This weapon is freaking incredible.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   Demo experience - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Demo experience
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next