Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Demo experience - Page 3 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Demo experience - Page 3 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Demo experience

Go down 
+17
anduin55
ZeroRyu
Roon
Ataraxia
dcj91x
Verity19
BoredForLife
Tomderdepp
Raptor98
Antari18
MHWF
MetaMarx
Yuki
Phazon Xenomorph
TKMT
parasky
GobulHunterJames
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
GobulHunterJames
Kecha Wacha
GobulHunterJames

Thank you Points : 1

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): UK

Demo experience - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Demo experience   Demo experience - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 4:59 pm

First topic message reminder :

#MH4Udemo

So I got the dl code for the demo in Europe, after trying it out, I've noticed some weapons I used to be good with, I'm not doing that well, either because of the new terrain or changes.

For one, the bow now changes between Aim mode with X and you charge shots with R, after using the bow on MH3U so much I keep confusing the buttons. I have notice that instead of Arc shots you have power shots, after fully charging and firing a normal shot, pressing A will fire a power shot right after it.
The Sword and Shield also doesn't do the leap and is instead a running slash, which looks awesome but offputs my timing.

Now one weapon, the Switch Axe, I think as been improved, it plays largely the same but the sword mode X combo has an added quicker slice to it.
I love the Charge Axe, but the Insect Staff I'm not so fond of, I need more time with it to get accustomed to it.

I've yet to try out any of the other old weapons for their changes, but I'll be doing that soon enough.

Also you can fight the Gore Magala in the demo... It's a tough lizard.

I know the demo isn't out in USA yet, but I do hope that NoA gets on to that ASAP.
(Please don't hate me, I just wanted to share my experience with weapon changes D: )
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

Thank you Points : 97

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   Demo experience - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 10:12 pm

TKMT wrote:
The Insect Glaive grants earplugs when you mix the colors Red, White, and Yellow.
This weapon is freaking incredible.

It's Orange, not yellow =O

Also I've not noticed any Earplug effect when on the demo when I do all 3 combined.
Back to top Go down
TKMT
Seltas
TKMT

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America, U.S.

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   Demo experience - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 12:57 am

Nova wrote:
TKMT wrote:
The Insect Glaive grants earplugs when you mix the colors Red, White, and Yellow.
This weapon is freaking incredible.

It's Orange, not yellow =O

Also I've not noticed any Earplug effect when on the demo when I do all 3 combined.
YELLOW! TeeHee

You didn't notice the earplug effect? o.o
It works for Tetsucabra'r roar. It's not strong enough for Goa Magara's roar.
Back to top Go down
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): EU

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   Demo experience - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 4:47 am

ZeroRyu wrote:
I noticed that the Insect Glaive is a bit wierd. I cannot seem to get the bug to get what I want him to do on the harder faster monsters. I think i'll stick to hammers. They're easy and fun.

as MetaMarx said, the IG from the demo is a prety basic weapon like you will find in it low rank. You can upgrade the bug to get a lot faster.

And the 3rd buff is definitely ORANGE. and yeah the tripple buff gives "only" low grade earplugs
Back to top Go down
MetaMarx
Rajang
MetaMarx

Thank you Points : 16

3DS friends code: 4382-2261-9491
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   Demo experience - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 4:59 am

Joke is on all of you guys. I'm colour blind and it's PEACH Rock
Back to top Go down
TKMT
Seltas
TKMT

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   Demo experience - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 9:51 am

Tomderdepp wrote:
And the 3rd buff is definitely ORANGE.
Whatever. asleep
Back to top Go down
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   Demo experience - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 10:41 am

TKMT wrote:
Tomderdepp wrote:
And the 3rd buff is definitely ORANGE.
Whatever. asleep

as long as we all know what is meant...
Back to top Go down
TKMT
Seltas
TKMT

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   Demo experience - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 1:17 pm

Yeah. ^.^
Back to top Go down
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   Demo experience - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 4:14 pm

Back to top Go down
TKMT
Seltas
TKMT

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   Demo experience - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 7:08 pm

Tomderdepp wrote:

What a hilarious yet informational video.
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

Thank you Points : 97

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   Demo experience - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2015 12:46 am

NCH Productions always makes funny stuff...that damn Great Jaggi is still drinking though which is hilarious.
Back to top Go down
Roon
Shagaru Magala
Roon

Thank you Points : 63

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   Demo experience - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2015 8:45 pm

Any of you in here wish you knew who it was you were playing with in the demo so that you can play with them on the real game?

P.S. If you ever play with a habitual bow user that is most likely me. lol!
Back to top Go down
Verity19
Black Gravios
Verity19

3DS friends code: 0619-6394-9770
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   Demo experience - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2015 9:31 pm

Roon wrote:
Any of you in here wish you knew who it was you were playing with in the demo so that you can play with them on the real game?

If there was wi-fi here that my 3DS could use, then I definitely would be wishing that if I teamed up with people I enjoyed hunting with, which tends to be easy to do x3
Back to top Go down
TKMT
Seltas
TKMT

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   Demo experience - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 1:08 am

Charge Blade fun!
In Sword mode, pressing X+A after an attack after the shield jab will proceed to the super charge axe swing.

Fill up your phial, switch to axe mode and start the super swing(or use the super swing from the sword mode). While the sword is inside of the shield readying for the strike, press R+A to convert your phial into a special boost to your weapon! This boost adds a phial effect to your shield jab attack(X+A attack in Sword mode).

This boost also transforms your Axe mode's finisher move into a new move that absorbs all of your remaining phials(if you have restocked, of course.) into a massive strike.
Back to top Go down
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   Demo experience - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 5:42 am

TKMT wrote:
Charge Blade fun!
In Sword mode, pressing X+A after an attack after the shield jab will proceed to the super charge axe swing.

Fill up your phial, switch to axe mode and start the super swing(or use the super swing from the sword mode). While the sword is inside of the shield readying for the strike, press R+A to convert your phial into a special boost to your weapon! This boost adds a phial effect to your shield jab attack(X+A attack in Sword mode).

This boost also transforms your Axe mode's finisher move into a new move that absorbs all of your remaining phials(if you have restocked, of course.) into a massive strike.

Actually the boost gives the axe mode +20% damage and the shield in sword mode will have the block of a lance shield (instead of GS shield like it usually does)
Back to top Go down
TKMT
Seltas
TKMT

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   Demo experience - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 12:36 pm

Tomderdepp wrote:
Actually the boost gives the axe mode +20% damage and the shield in sword mode will have the block of a lance shield (instead of GS shield like it usually does)
Oh, nice.
So there's a boost in attack for Axe, new finisher move for Axe mode, Phial properties in shield jab, and improved block rate...

Side note: I just had an epic finisher against Gore Magala.
With the charge Blade, I did the revolving slice(the end combo of the X button, or the sidestep then X attack). It both blocked his charge AND striked him, slaying him.
Rock
Back to top Go down
TKMT
Seltas
TKMT

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   Demo experience - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 1:38 pm

Damn, that shield jab of the Charge Blade has some good K.O. ability(in boost mode, of course).
Back to top Go down
anduin55
Rhenoplos
anduin55

3DS friends code: 2852-7597-3150
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   Demo experience - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 4:49 am

I've been using the Charge Blade religiously for almost the entire demo. I've been learning all the insides and outs of it. One of my favorite things about it has to be learning the Guard Points. with a boosted shield, there's nothing quite as satisfying as KO'ing a charging monster by doing nothing other than simply guarding!
Back to top Go down
https://plus.google.com/109952126346148067866
Verity19
Black Gravios
Verity19

3DS friends code: 0619-6394-9770
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   Demo experience - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 12:38 pm

anduin55 wrote:
I've been using the Charge Blade religiously for almost the entire demo. with a boosted shield, there's nothing quite as satisfying as KO'ing a charging monster by doing nothing other than simply guarding!

I haven't tried out the Charge Blade quite yet, to be honest. This definitely sounds like something to try out next time I play the demo, along with just seeing how I like the weapon class.
Back to top Go down
Roon
Shagaru Magala
Roon

Thank you Points : 63

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   Demo experience - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 7:56 pm

I am a faithful bow user. I like the new combo they gave it. It makes the weapon a lot more offensive and packs more punch.
Back to top Go down
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   Demo experience - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2015 5:35 am

Roon wrote:
I am a faithful bow user. I like the new combo they gave it. It makes the weapon a lot more offensive and packs more punch.

Powershot is fun yeah, but it depends on the bow if it has power shots or arc shots, arcshot has been changed a little too: you can now use it from the frist chargelevel, and the more you charge your bow the farther the distance it goes.
Back to top Go down
anduin55
Rhenoplos
anduin55

3DS friends code: 2852-7597-3150
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   Demo experience - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 1:36 am

I already mentioned this in the chat earlier, but this must be shared:  While playing with some newbies (I'm assuming they're newbs because I was playing with the Beginner setting.) against the Tetsucabra, it did the giant, leap-into-the-air, graceful-as-a-motherfucker hop attack at me as I was doing a combo, and he happened to "hit" me in the middle of a guard point animation. (I was using the Charge Blade, if you couldn't tell)  The result?  Tetsucabra got Running Manned out of the air, and then got up to fall over again... Because he got KO'd!
I'm afraid I may not want to play the full game now, because I'll probably never be able to top that feat.  I've done quite a few crazy, awesome, and crazy-awesome things in my stint as a Monster Hunter, but that just left me speechless!

Also, Charge Blade = Triple OG Status
Back to top Go down
https://plus.google.com/109952126346148067866
Lagiacrus the ultimate
Rathalos
Lagiacrus the ultimate

Thank you Points : 18

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   Demo experience - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2015 8:03 pm

Well, since the 4 Ultimate demo finally got released to the people too lazy for a Club Nintendo whosawhatsit, I finally got to try out the things I was most interested in, those being the Insect Glaive, the ability to combo the fade slash into the spirit combo, and the change in bow mechanics, so I"ll just offer my thoughts on them:
Insect Glaive: I like this thing. Definitely gonna be developing my skills with it. Especially like the ability to buff myself. My one problem is probably that I don't bother to pay attention to where my Kinsect goes or what it does.

Fade slash in spirit combo: Holy shit I love this. It increases the mobility of the entire combo and allows me to change the angle of the combo. I really like it.

Bow: Holy shit this thing is weird now. It's gonna take a long time to adjust to this.
Back to top Go down
MetaMarx
Rajang
MetaMarx

3DS friends code: 4382-2261-9491

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   Demo experience - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2015 8:14 pm

You can change bow controls in the options back to Type 1. I don't know why it's pre-set to type 2.
Back to top Go down
Lagiacrus the ultimate
Rathalos
Lagiacrus the ultimate

Thank you Points : 18

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   Demo experience - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2015 9:48 pm

MetaMarx wrote:
You can change bow controls in the options back to Type 1. I don't know why it's pre-set to type 2.
OH THANK GOD. I felt like a disabled intoxicated monkey trying to work with those controls.
Back to top Go down
TKMT
Seltas
TKMT

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   Demo experience - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2015 10:49 pm

That satisfying feel to purposely launch an ally into the air to make said ally mount the target monster. ^.^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   Demo experience - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Demo experience
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next