Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!


Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk
 
Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Monster Hunter XX (Double Cross) for 3DS

Share | 
 

 MH4U Complaint Department

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Roon
Shagaru Magala


Thank you Points : 63

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: MH4U Complaint Department   Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:54 pm

First topic message reminder :

I figured now would be the perfect time to start a complaint thread about your experiences with Randoms as I have a complaint about them already.

Anyways, in the Demo I set up a room for Tetsucabra. I get 4 people and as I'm choosing weapons one of the people leaves booting us all from the server. I hate that!
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Samochan
Seltas Queen


Thank you Points : 36

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: MH4U Complaint Department   Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:07 am

Indeed. At least swax, gs and hammer have high raw but imagine chaos duals... that pitiful element omg. And yes people actually craft that thing (not sure why, it's horrible) and bring it to hunts where they cannot get the virus. blank Can you imagine anything more useless on a hunt than a dual blade with negative affinity, wrong element and horribad element to boot? Demon dancing with negative affinity whoohoo!
Back to top Go down
kama
Seltas Queen


Thank you Points : 14

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: MH4U Complaint Department   Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:45 pm

Please Randoms. Learn how to stay on your left side when fighting Rajang. Also, Why use a thunder element weapon on him. Why oh Why.....
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin


Thank you Points : 96

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: MH4U Complaint Department   Sat May 02, 2015 7:39 pm

One goddamn Immenseness Ticket S is holding me from the Varia Suit armor lol...
Back to top Go down
MetaMarx
Rajang


Thank you Points : 16

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code: 4382-2261-9491
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: MH4U Complaint Department   Sun May 03, 2015 4:10 am

I'd like one common material, but all the groups I find are terrible at that monster.
Back to top Go down
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha


Thank you Points : 2

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Spain

PostSubject: Re: MH4U Complaint Department   Sun May 03, 2015 4:23 am

It impresses me how many people don't play through the Caravan quests. It's really depressing to see hunters in Regios X and not use any of the slots...

Also, sometimes it feels like I'm the only one who knows how to fight Gogmazios on foot.

On the subject of unobtainable gear: I agree with Crystalis, although not in as many words. If they're at the appropriate rank (High Rank gear on a HR1-HR3 is acceptable because high rank Caravan), I don't mind - as long as they have the skill to back up that equipment. White Fatalis Charge Blade and Golden Lunemail Z? Sure, as long as they're G-Special, know how to use the Charge Blade and actually pull their weight in the hunt.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/InstaCakes
Firpi
Seltas Queen


Thank you Points : 15

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code: 4441-9127-6618
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: MH4U Complaint Department   Fri May 08, 2015 9:44 am

Work is still stupid busy and family life is crazy also. Havent been able to hunt in what... 2 weeks now.... aarrrgghghghg.
Back to top Go down
Tirith
Bnahabra


Thank you Points : 3

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: MH4U Complaint Department   Sun May 10, 2015 7:36 am

on the up side, this isn't an mmo where you may get left behind if you don't keep gear up to snuff...

keep going at your own pace and play when you can.
Back to top Go down
Samochan
Seltas Queen


Thank you Points : 36

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: MH4U Complaint Department   Mon May 11, 2015 12:57 pm

Sooo my bf's athena's ass decided to implode and didn't wanna startup again, so he had to delete it and download it again and lost all his charms he had input there. <_<
Back to top Go down
Vortiene
Lao-Shan Lung


Thank you Points : 281

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Canada

PostSubject: Re: MH4U Complaint Department   Mon May 11, 2015 2:41 pm

Had enough, 273 hours, i'm done. Done all the caravan quests except the one that's akin to putting a gun to your mouth in terms of how much you'll enjoy doing it. Not suffering through doing all the gathering hall quests with random people, and I've had enough running 140 GQs of 5 monsters and ignoring the 100 other ones.

Might do stuff when DLC comes out, but overall this game has been fun up until g-rank special, then it became utterly frustrating. You might say "maybe if you didn't suck so much you would be able to do those quests with apex 140 monsters"

maybe, but the fact that 90% of people I play with cart when fighting them only reinforces the fact that they are too difficult. You may say "they are designed to be ridiculously hard!" Does that mean I want to force myself to be miserable fighting something that is designed to be ridiculously hard? No, I want to have fun. It gets to the point where even succeeding in killing the monsters doesn't rectify the frustration of fighting them.

Moreover, getting weapons the normal way is trivialized and it makes it so I might as well only run GQs of the 5 monsters that are worth it.
Back to top Go down
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Vortiene
RainMazerra
Kelbi


Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: MH4U Complaint Department   Sat May 16, 2015 3:14 pm

Hollow there, call me Rain. So, I am sure you all feel my pain on this, but I simply can't tolerate how scarce Earth Crystals are on this game. I started out on MH3U(Got my HR limiter removed in G-Rank after mainly soloing every single quest but I stopped playing due to hating how everything needed a gem or mantle with really low drop rates and just general agitation with the grinding.) and I loved the weapons and pretty much everything. I had no issue amassing hundreds of those stupid Earth Crystals, but now on this game, they are required for the rusted and worn weapons in vast quantities and I sure don't like wasting time with grinding for a material that has very limited use.

My story is that I realized I am lacking in Ice element weapons for my arsenal save for Zamzam(My nickname for Zamtrios) weapons and I was browsing kiranico to research. I found that the only Ice element weapons that I would really like to have were the Daora's. However, I don't possess rusted or worn weapons simply because the aforementioned reason of tedious grinding. Tried it and didn't want to go through with it. Anyway, I try to get rustshards and everytime I even manage to find one or two, I didn't get a rusted GS. I would get these rustshards and every weapon in the appraisal section very often when I didn't need them, but now that I do need one, I can't find crap. Of course, this is MH, the game where as soon as you need one simple thing you collect without thinking about it, it's like getting a freaking Lagiacrus Mantle in MH3U blank Anyway to save myself typing, I said forget it to all rusted and worn crap for good since I can't be bothered. I have 85 weapons with one being Rare 5(Potio Bocciolo) and the others are Rare 6-10 anyway so I will survive.

I can certainly rant about online buffoons, but that's for another time.
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen


Thank you Points : 19

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: MH4U Complaint Department   Sat May 16, 2015 3:21 pm

@RainMazerra wrote:
Hollow there, call me Rain. So, I am sure you all feel my pain on this, but I simply can't tolerate how scarce Earth Crystals are on this game. I started out on MH3U(Got my HR limiter removed in G-Rank after mainly soloing every single quest but I stopped playing due to hating how everything needed a gem or mantle with really low drop rates and just general agitation with the grinding.) and I loved the weapons and pretty much everything. I had no issue amassing hundreds of those stupid Earth Crystals, but now on this game, they are required for the rusted and worn weapons in vast quantities and  I sure don't like wasting time with grinding for a material that has very limited use.

My story is that I realized I am lacking in Ice element weapons for my arsenal save for Zamzam(My nickname for Zamtrios) weapons and I was browsing kiranico to research. I found that the only Ice element weapons that I would really like to have were the Daora's. However, I don't possess rusted or worn weapons simply because the aforementioned reason of tedious grinding. Tried it and didn't want to go through with it. Anyway, I try to get rustshards and everytime I even manage to find one or two, I didn't get a rusted GS. I would get these rustshards and every weapon in the appraisal section very often when I didn't need them, but now that I do need one, I can't find crap. Of course, this is MH, the game where as soon as you need one simple thing you collect without thinking about it, it's like getting a freaking Lagiacrus Mantle in MH3U blank Anyway to save myself typing, I said forget it to all rusted and worn crap for good since I can't be bothered. I have 85 weapons with one being Rare 5(Potio Bocciolo) and the others are Rare 6-10 anyway so I will survive.

Go to Youtube and look up "mh4u how to get 99 earth crystals in 5 minutes". The video by CanterPerMe should show up. Watch it and do what they do and you'll never worry about Earth Crystals again.
Back to top Go down
RainMazerra
Kelbi


Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: MH4U Complaint Department   Sat May 16, 2015 4:54 pm

E&Troy wrote:
@RainMazerra wrote:
Hollow there, call me Rain. So, I am sure you all feel my pain on this, but I simply can't tolerate how scarce Earth Crystals are on this game. I started out on MH3U(Got my HR limiter removed in G-Rank after mainly soloing every single quest but I stopped playing due to hating how everything needed a gem or mantle with really low drop rates and just general agitation with the grinding.) and I loved the weapons and pretty much everything. I had no issue amassing hundreds of those stupid Earth Crystals, but now on this game, they are required for the rusted and worn weapons in vast quantities and  I sure don't like wasting time with grinding for a material that has very limited use.

My story is that I realized I am lacking in Ice element weapons for my arsenal save for Zamzam(My nickname for Zamtrios) weapons and I was browsing kiranico to research. I found that the only Ice element weapons that I would really like to have were the Daora's. However, I don't possess rusted or worn weapons simply because the aforementioned reason of tedious grinding. Tried it and didn't want to go through with it. Anyway, I try to get rustshards and everytime I even manage to find one or two, I didn't get a rusted GS. I would get these rustshards and every weapon in the appraisal section very often when I didn't need them, but now that I do need one, I can't find crap. Of course, this is MH, the game where as soon as you need one simple thing you collect without thinking about it, it's like getting a freaking Lagiacrus Mantle in MH3U blank Anyway to save myself typing, I said forget it to all rusted and worn crap for good since I can't be bothered. I have 85 weapons with one being Rare 5(Potio Bocciolo) and the others are Rare 6-10 anyway so I will survive.

Go to Youtube and look up "mh4u how to get 99 earth crystals in 5 minutes". The video by CanterPerMe should show up. Watch it and do what they do and you'll never worry about Earth Crystals again.

I really appreciate this, Troy, but after countless tries of finding the Basarios Expedition, I came up with nothing. I have a lot of patience usually, but I don't have time for this. Besides, when I read your reply, I reset my 3DS and looked to see if the worn GL and worn Swax I sold were still there. They were not, so I have even less motivation to get the rusted and worn weapons now. Thank you anyway though, my buddy could be very happy about this method.
Back to top Go down
Samochan
Seltas Queen


Thank you Points : 36

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: MH4U Complaint Department   Sat May 16, 2015 8:38 pm

Good thing is tho, you won't ever be needing an elemental gs anyway if that's what you were hoping to get, because cera cymmetry beats everything else you could possibly build in damage. :p
Back to top Go down
RainMazerra
Kelbi


Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: MH4U Complaint Department   Sat May 16, 2015 9:50 pm

Cera Cemetery is from the Gogmazios I presume? :O I haven't fought him yet. Oh, and I have quite a few elemental GS, I just love having a variety of elements for nearly all of my weapons. However, I do love raw damage as well( Axe of Gaia Swax <3 )
Ah yes, and I am farming Red Khezu now if anyone is interested in joining me. Next will be Stygian Zinogre. Yes by vort
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen


Thank you Points : 19

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: MH4U Complaint Department   Sat May 16, 2015 10:22 pm

@RainMazerra wrote:
Cera Cemetery is from the Gogmazios I presume? :O I haven't fought him yet. Oh, and I have quite a few elemental GS, I just love having a variety of elements for nearly all of my weapons. However, I do love raw damage as well( Axe of Gaia Swax <3 )

It's actually from the Diablos/Black Diablos.

Also, Relic Great Swords can get way better than the Cera Cymmetry. They can get 1728 raw as their max raw damage (plus an element or status on top of that). They can also get natural purple sharpness, so you could also get some crazy sets that don't use sharpness +1 either.
Back to top Go down
RainMazerra
Kelbi


Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: MH4U Complaint Department   Sat May 16, 2015 10:48 pm

xD Oh, I thought gogmazios since the name is so cryptic, no pun intended. Hmm, I shall check out that Cera Cemetery and see what I need. I actually need to know what's the basic process behind getting some awesome relic weapons? I don't really understand how that system works since I don't mess with those armors or weapons.
Back to top Go down
Crystalis
Najarala


Thank you Points : 26

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code: 3909-8402-8213
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: MH4U Complaint Department   Sun May 17, 2015 12:51 am

You get certain relic equipment items from Guild Quests, the higher level the GQ, the better your equipment will be. These max out at the item called Beshackled Weapon/Beshackled Armor, which can be rarely gotten at GQ level 126+ and more commonly at 136+ (caps at 140).

From there, after you finish the quest, the items are appraised much like Rustshards/Ancientshards. They're RNG based, unfortunately, and they can vary in pretty much every stat possible, however, some stats like raw attack, affinity, and defense bonuses are all tied to each other in tables. Getting an awesome weapon basically just takes luck and/or a lot of grinding, but they're well worth it as they can faaaaar outclass regular weapons you make from monster materials.

Example: Most Longswords endgame are sitting at around low-mid 900s in attack after Attack Honing. Imagine a longsword with 1023 raw, 470 element, 20% affinity, +50 defense, natural purple sharpness, and +5 to Edgemaster skill (or an even bigger (maxed) 1122 raw with no affinity or defense bonuses because of preset stat pairs).
Back to top Go down
RainMazerra
Kelbi


Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: MH4U Complaint Department   Sun May 17, 2015 1:00 am

Wow! Now that is an incredible addition to the game. Well then, when I can, I shall make time to try to get some relics and see what I can find. Thank you for your explanation, and I am glad I joined this subforum. I was reading through this subforum for comedy purposes, but I really could relate to most stories, so I decided to join.
Back to top Go down
Vortiene
Lao-Shan Lung


Thank you Points : 281

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Canada

PostSubject: Re: MH4U Complaint Department   Sun May 17, 2015 4:36 am

@RainMazerra wrote:
Wow! Now that is an incredible addition to the game.

No it's not, it trivializes the entire weapon progression. It's one of the stupidest things capcom has added. Players are undoubtedly going to minmax so you just wasted your time making 90% of the monsters in the game capcom since no one will ever fight them. From a game design perspective I don't understand how they didn't see the weapons as a terrible idea.
Back to top Go down
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Vortiene
MetaMarx
Rajang


Thank you Points : 16

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code: 4382-2261-9491
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: MH4U Complaint Department   Sun May 17, 2015 5:06 am

I'm on the side that guild quests are stupid garbage.

Everything about them is dumb. Getting them and the things you get from them are just terrible ideas. The fact that some monsters can only be done through guild quests is awful. Sometimes the monsters tied to guild quests change from rank to rank. The whole thing is irritating.
Back to top Go down
RainMazerra
Kelbi


Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: MH4U Complaint Department   Sun May 17, 2015 11:29 am

@Vortiene wrote:
@RainMazerra wrote:
Wow! Now that is an incredible addition to the game.

No it's not, it trivializes the entire weapon progression. It's one of the stupidest things capcom has added. Players are undoubtedly going to minmax so you just wasted your time making 90% of the monsters in the game capcom since no one will ever fight them. From a game design perspective I don't understand how they didn't see the weapons as a terrible idea.

Hmm, I can understand your point, but I am in between on this issue. I love weapons in general, MH or not, so if I get to a point where I feel like collecting those relics then I will do it just for my own personal satisfaction. I definitely prefer using normal weapons that I can upgrade since it's more meaningful that I collected materials. As for you Meta, I dislike having to get guild quests as evidenced by my earlier frustration with finding a Low Rank Basarios, but I want to do those really difficult ones since I love fighting. If they are too difficult for me and a party to do then I might lay off of them. Either way, I am going to enjoy myself :D
Back to top Go down
Vortiene
Lao-Shan Lung


Thank you Points : 281

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Canada

PostSubject: Re: MH4U Complaint Department   Sun May 17, 2015 11:40 am

@RainMazerra wrote:


Hmm, I can understand your point, but I am in between on this issue. I love weapons in general, MH or not, so if I get to a point where I feel like collecting those relics then I will do it just for my own personal satisfaction.

There is no satisfaction, there is no "collection" only infinite, repeated, random pools in which you will almost never get what you want. However, since this is a MIN-MAX scenario, everyone will always try to maximize. Hence, they will always do these even if the chance is minimal.

If you use normal weapons, other than the seregios weapons which have a special effect that make them more useful than relic weapons in some scenarios, you are not maximizing your weapon. As a person who doesn't like playing sub-maximum, I can't bring myself to waste time doing something OTHER than guild quests. But I hate guild quests, I hate insanely low random odds, so this is why I have completely thrown away playing the game until DLC comes out. At least armor is still relatively intact, no insanely powerful GQ armor.

I hated the charm system even in the first MH game I played, tri, due to it being overly random, and the GQ system is even MORE random. Stop doing this capcom. I hate when games don't have a conceivable end due to RNG.
Back to top Go down
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Vortiene
RainMazerra
Kelbi


Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: MH4U Complaint Department   Sun May 17, 2015 11:59 am

Haha, well I am certainly different from you. I do in fact collect weapons and the point for me is not to have the strongest weapons, it's to use them properly to maximize their strengths. As I mentioned, I have over 80 weapons, and I use nearly all of them just because I love having a massive arsenal.

What you're saying is that everyone will want relics because they can outshine normal weapons right? I disagree because there are people like me that don't care about having the maximum damage output from a weapon. It's the thrill of battle and using a weapon masterfully despite it's stats. This doesn't mean I don't look for quality, don't misunderstand. I extensively research weapons before I get them. If you're the type of person that feels trapped because of relics being your way to get max damage, then that's on you my friend. With all due respect, I don't place shackles on myself.

If GQ are a chance to get a few relics, then sure I can go for that, but I am not going to be like most online people and use one or maybe two weapons for every hunt. That is extremely boring blank I can agree that the charm system can be aggravating, but I played through MH3U and the transition to 4U for me has resulted in some awesome moments in getting the charms compared to 3U.
Back to top Go down
Vortiene
Lao-Shan Lung


Thank you Points : 281

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Canada

PostSubject: Re: MH4U Complaint Department   Sun May 17, 2015 12:04 pm

@RainMazerra wrote:
it's to use them properly to maximize their strengths.

Everyone who plays monster hunter at G-rank and doesn't suck knows how to use their weapon properly. The only thing that matters is how strong they are after that. Hence, you get the strongest weapons, regardless of your play style. Waste of time otherwise. You might call it not a waste of time, but quantitatively speaking, it simply is.

You can argue all day about using 150 different weapons for 150 different monsters, everyone does that. Minmax is minmax. If you don't maximize,  then you aren't playing at the highest level. Claiming weapon X that is quantitatively inferior to weapon Y can be used "properly" to make it better doesn't make any sense. Other than properties of a weapon, all weapons other than seregios (and that other set of weapons) have the exact same moveset and effects, so you go for the ones with the best properties. That's called maximizing.

What I'm saying in the end is I don't care about your play style. I'm telling you what's wrong with the game, and I've so stubbornly decided this is my opinion of the game after ~300 hours of play (because it's based on a physical inconsistency in game design that I don't understand why they let it happen in the end, it's so clearly broken). The endgame is frustrating, by endgame, I mean 136+ GQs and apex monsters. If you want to do anything else at endgame, it's a waste of time unless you are going for good armor or a very specific set. This is how the game was designed, and this is what my opinion of it will be, forever.

Didn't particularly like the soundtrack either but it may be due to the fact it wasn't on a TV like MH3U or tri.
Back to top Go down
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Vortiene
RainMazerra
Kelbi


Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: MH4U Complaint Department   Sun May 17, 2015 12:12 pm

@Vortiene wrote:
@RainMazerra wrote:
it's to use them properly to maximize their strengths.

Everyone who plays monster hunter at G-rank and doesn't suck knows how to use their weapon properly. The only thing that matters is how strong they are after that. Hence, you get the strongest weapons, regardless of your play style. Waste of time otherwise. You might call it not a waste of time, but quantitatively speaking, it simply is.

XD I am glad you said "And doesn't suck" since there are many in G-Rank that don't belong, like the people that are only HR40s or 30s and G2 rank. That's your opinion of how the game should be played, but answer this. Does the strongest weapon or strongest person always come out on top? Think about that for a moment and maybe you can see what I mean.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: MH4U Complaint Department   Today at 11:14 pm

Back to top Go down
 
MH4U Complaint Department
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 17 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
 Similar topics
-
» MH4U Complaint Department
» Norway sends complaint, Paris ready to bid
» Lets learn a little about MH4U
» MH4U may be here sooner than you think..
» MH4U Weapon Design Contest Winner (Americas)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monster Hunter Wiki Forum :: Nintendo :: 3DS :: Monster Hunter 4/MH4Ultimate-
Jump to: