Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk

Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Monster Hunter XX (Double Cross) for 3DS

Share | 

Everwood

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sephastus
Diablos

Thank you Points : 30

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Everwood   Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:52 pm

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin

Thank you Points : 96

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Everwood   Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:02 pm

I went ahead and quickly spoilered your post. It's great you wanna talk about the game and all, but given that it's not out except in France many of us are trying to avoid spoilers of the game so please be mindful of that. If you wish to post or talk about things that might be a spoiler to people who can't yet play the game because it's not released then please use a spoiler tag.
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Diablos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Everwood   Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:26 pm

Ooops. My bad completely. I appologise. I did a bit of reading, and wanted to consolidate the information in one easy to access place. I do not have the full game yet, but I was curious how this game's version of "freeroam" worked, and was pleasantly surprised.

I will keep the rest of the information I have to myself until after release date. Suffice it to say, this game is sooo much better than I initially thought... and it has many little niches that can make a dedicated hunter very uber even from the get go.

Happy hunting all! And report back soon.
Back to top Go down
MHWF
MHWikiForums

Thank you Points : 21

3DS friends code: 4468-1021-0797
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Everwood   Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:41 pm

As technically the information is a "guide" and in the "Guide" section, I would hope people entering would understand that there are spoilers. However as the game is now out and many everywhere and many are already to that part in the game you may continue to post the rest of the information you have Sephastus.

I was particularly wondering if you were going to talk about setting the Everwood on streetpas, plating with someone online in their set one or the "Idea" set up for which one you plan on keeping and sharing with others.
Back to top Go down
http://mhwiki.forumotion.net
E&Troy
Seltas Queen

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Everwood   Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:06 pm

I have some questions about the Evergreen.

First, how can you tell what level your evergreen is? And how do you save evergreens?

Also, where do guild quests come into play? All I know is that I go out on an expedition, fight a monster, get some of it's parts. Then I come back and get a guild quest or two. That's about the extent of my knowledge.
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Diablos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Everwood   Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:24 pm

Been out for a while. I will update this post with further information moving forward. But to answer E&Troy's questions:

Evergreen is a zone, just like all others, however, Expeditions, and guild quests use this "zone" for its purposes.

Evergreen expeditions: When you press your world-map button, you get a small circle with a blue monster on it. That is the expedition. It will be random, and its difficulty will be noted next to where it says "Expedition" at the mid-top of your screen. It will say, "low", "High", or "G". Low means you will get monster difficulty up to 33, High is from 34 to 66, and G rank is anything above 67.

Once you complete an expedition, you will get random guild quests depending on what you hunted, and the how many expedition monsters you have unlocked. Unlocking expedition monster to hunt as a guild quest can be done by finishing certain quests (For example, you have to finish certain mining quests ei, sulfer crystals ect, to unlock basarios as an everwood monster, and a guild quest monster). Once you have a guild quest, you can continually "level" this quest by doing it over and over. Each time you finish the quest, the monster gains hp/sta, until it hits one of the rank barriers. For example, when you get the quest past level 33, it will take on the characteristics of a High Rank quest. past level 66, and it is a G rank Quest, with all the new movesets, and past level 90, for "event" difficulty, which gives it a percent higher HP, and attack, which might require a full group to complete.

In order for you to take a group in these quests, you just go to the "Assembly" in online mode, and select the Guild quests at the bottom left, and select the one you want to complete. Once you have completed the quest, the other players have the option of putting that quest in their guild quest journal (10 Max), but it will be at whatever level you first received it. So if you got it as a level 1 quest, and grinded up to level 99... too bad, it goes back down to 1 when they get it.

The quests that you get after completing an expedition, or playing in someone elses guild quest, show up in the menu under "Guild Quests". You have to select them (X button), and then register them (Start button), for them to show up under your quest log in the "Assembly".

There is soo much more about Everwood, guild quests and assemblies, but I will have to make a nicer guide to place here. Not to mention I am still learning more about it as well.
Back to top Go down
MHWF
MHWikiForums

PostSubject: Re: Everwood   Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:04 pm

^ one suggestion (though they are random) is to take screen shots of one Expedition and explain how the map and monsters work. I've been saving a few pictures to my personal activity feed on the Miiverse than going to the online miiverse to copy the pictures into a post. It's a nice way to show exactly what you are talking about to include "relic" spots or the treasure rooms.
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Everwood   Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:39 pm

Thanks Sephastus, that helped clear up some things. I'll definitively be looking forward to more posts with more info on this stuff. :D
Back to top Go down
MHWF
MHWikiForums

PostSubject: Re: Everwood   Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:41 am

Picture of a Rare map:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Everwood   Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:31 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Picture of a Rare map:

I've seen it before... What exactly does it mean?
Back to top Go down
MHWF
MHWikiForums

PostSubject: Re: Everwood   Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:52 pm

"Rare" ones offer higher levels of items. The gear listed in the bottom right will be a better item overall than the ones found in areas that aren't rare. Rare quest also have a higher chance of a rare monster appearing.

A rare map with a treasure room is one you really want. The chances of unlocking a rare hunt are shown by the little blue monster heads at the end of each quest. the higher the number of heads the more likely the next quest will be rare.

1 head = 1/16 chance
2 = 1/8
3 = 1/4
4 = 1/2
5 = 100% chance

Felyne ecology skill can boost your chances.

There's actually a lot.. and i mean a lot more to expeditions and guild quest than what I have time to wright at the moment.
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Everwood   Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:38 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
"Rare" ones offer higher levels of items. The gear listed in the bottom right will be a better item overall than the ones found in areas that aren't rare. Rare quest also have a higher chance of a rare monster appearing.

A rare map with a treasure room is one you really want. The chances of unlocking a rare hunt are shown by the little blue monster heads at the end of each quest. the higher the number of heads the more likely the next quest will be rare.

1 head = 1/16 chance
2 = 1/8
3 = 1/4
4 = 1/2
5 = 100% chance

Felyne ecology skill can boost your chances.

There's actually a lot.. and i mean a lot more to expeditions and guild quest than what I have time to wright at the moment.

So how do you know if you've gotten a rare quest? Does it say anything special, or is the monster(s) you have to fight a harder one? Because last night, I was doing some expeditions. I would get the Felyne Ecology food skill to boost the amount of heads I'd get after finishing.
So normally I start off with one "rare" head thingy. After getting Felyne Ecology, the rare heads would go up to 3, and then 5 on the next run. When I got five, I would always get a "Hunt a Yian Garuga" or else "Slay a Kirin" quest.
So are those quests rare ones? And if they are, should I start upgrading their level?

Lastly, when will I start getting high rank expeditions? So far all of mine have been low rank.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU

PostSubject: Re: Everwood   Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:59 am

Once you get 5 of the blue monster heads after a quest your next mission in exploration will be a "Rare" quest and it will actually say Rare like the one shown:

and also pay attention to if it has a treasure room or not. quests with treasure rooms will have better dig and minning spots as well as (most often) a secret room you can jump down to with a dig spot where you will always find a spall (account item) or a rusted item.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Everwood   Today at 3:37 pm

Back to top Go down

Everwood
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1