Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!

MH4Ultimate releases this Friday, February 13th!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk

Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
What's hunting you?

Share | 

Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21 ... 37  Next
AuthorMessage
MetaMarx
Rathalos

Thank you Points : 16

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code: 4382-2261-9491
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:49 am

First topic message reminder :

Generic thread that appers in every subforum! Hooray!

Tell us about what you did in the game even if it's boring and doesn't make for an interesting post!

Did something shitty happen? There's another thread for that ya dingus!!
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Verity19
Black Gravios

3DS friends code: 0619-6394-9770
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:52 pm

Now on the eight star caravan quests, but I've decided to visit the guild quests to take a bit of a break, finish the rest of the 1-3 star quests I left undone before possibly ranking up there, if I decide to. Due to currently having high rank gear from caravan quests, I'm pretty sure this is going to be a breeze...
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:51 am

Just made my high rank Honed Blade, Defense Up "S" set.

After I made it, I realized that I didn't have any weapons to use the set with though... All of my weapons that are good are Seregios weapons which can't benefit from Sharpness +1.

Currently making the Brachy LS for that set. Maybe the lance as well.
Back to top Go down
Lagiacrus the ultimate
Rathalos

Thank you Points : 18

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:11 am

Still messing around in Dondruma town, forged the Monoblos Long Sword a bit ago(why a fire Long Sword from a monster with no element is superior to the Rath LS is an enigma to me). Gonna get another one so I can upgrade it down both the regular and White Monoblos lines. Not gonna be fun hunting down a Monoblos heart once I feel like doing that. And I'll probably stop being such a lazy bastard and take care of the Dah'ren Mohran urgent pretty soon, because evidently that's the only way I can get a High Rank Everwood and yadda yadda yadda.
Back to top Go down
Firpi
Seltas Queen

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code: 4441-9127-6618
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:28 am

So 25 Najarala and not one single Chilling beak, so i cant finish the Naja Armor or get Caenataur.

Finally settle on Seltas. Skills should benefit, higher def than my Trusty Barroth Armor.

6 Seltas Queen and 2 bug hunt trips later, full armor. dang.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:28 am

So.. had a rare expedition pop up with gore magala. Went and found him pretty easy. Was able to get several hits in while he just stood there. Not really any problems from him at first, in fact broke his head and started on his tail when I started doing a charge blade in axe form combo. suddenly he goes into rage mode knock me down before I could stop the animation and frenzy balled me before I could get up. ko'ed me from full health. I ran back to the area he was in just in time to see him "get away". I thought "Fine I still can get the shiny from his filler breat". Right as I got over to it.. it disapeared. Waited and tried to mine for a bit but no other monsters appeared.... I really hate wasted fight Sad by vort
Back to top Go down
Firpi
Seltas Queen

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:33 am

I have to admit, that is the only thing i dont like about the Everwood. Monsters getting away. Especially when you have some terrible two-fer like Nerscyalla and anyhting else. So much time runnig around, fighting statuses or just flat out running back to the fight from camp.

Dont get me wrong its nice to have that sense of urgency, but then again ALL missions are timed so...I just feel that them running away is cheap.
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Diablos

Thank you Points : 29

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:52 am

(Cry) Credits just rolled... Kushala Daora is down (and out), and I got my first ever triple cart. I am proud it was to CRIMSON FATALIS! Man... all those eggs were worth it (insider joke). White Fatty was the bane of my existence in MHFU, but I will not let it be mine in this game. went over 25 minutes in that fight, and I am sure I did more damage to it than all other monsters before it, and then some... so next time (and there will be a next time), I will win!

Can't wait to see its weapons/armors!
Back to top Go down
Lagiacrus the ultimate
Rathalos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:37 pm

There aren't any egg quests in Caravan High Rank, are there? And that unlocks Crimson Fatalis? I just did those because I was bored and they were something to do.
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Diablos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:05 pm

@Lagiacrus the ultimate wrote:
There aren't any egg quests in Caravan High Rank, are there? And that unlocks Crimson Fatalis? I just did those because I was bored and they were something to do.

O yeah... There definitely are... and I have the Tigrex scars to prove it. Felyne lander didn't help at all nervious

Edit: Crimson Fatty down (not repelled) Rock Possible skills in the armor:

Fury (Guts & Adrenaline 2), Edgemaster (Sharp +1 & AuL), Marathon Runner (Halves Stam depletion) And Razor Sharp (Reduces how fast Sharpness decreases.)

I say "Possible", cause only Fury, and Marathon Runner get completed, while it has at least one point in the others I mentioned. Would be awesome if it could grant them all ^_^. Also... it has defense down, which, if you get hit a lot, can be a problem. No weapons I can see with the High Rank Loot. And I was looking forward to a dragon based greatsword not in the magala line. (Maybe there is.. just can't see it with the loot I got.
Back to top Go down
Verity19
Black Gravios

3DS friends code: 0619-6394-9770
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:12 pm

@Firpi wrote:
I have to admit, that is the only thing i dont like about the Everwood. Monsters getting away.

That's but one of several reasons I don't like the new Everwood idea... Have a few other reasons, but that is a big one. First Gore Magala I had show there fled. Defeated the second to show, but I don't honestly go to the Everwood much at all (actually haven't in a good while now). Planning on saving that for after finishing quests in caravan and guild, but only for the Poogie outfits and maybe Palico (depends).

Finished the one and two star guild quests yesterday, though sleep got the best of me by this point. Might have done a few three star ones..? Don't recall. Hoping to finish three star today, though, or at least tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Lagiacrus the ultimate
Rathalos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:06 pm

@Sephastus wrote:

O yeah... There definitely are... and I have the Tigrex scars to prove it. Felyne lander didn't help at all nervious
Well, I guess I should never expect things to really come easy, so whatever. I can live with that. Well, anyway, upgraded to Grand Wailing Ghost today and that's really about it.
Back to top Go down
MHWF
MHWikiForums

Thank you Points : 21

3DS friends code: 4468-1021-0797

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:27 pm

@Verity19 wrote:
@Firpi wrote:
I have to admit, that is the only thing i dont like about the Everwood. Monsters getting away.

That's but one of several reasons I don't like the new Everwood idea... Have a few other reasons, but that is a big one. First Gore Magala I had show there fled. Defeated the second to show, but I don't honestly go to the Everwood much at all (actually haven't in a good while now). Planning on saving that for after finishing quests in caravan and guild, but only for the Poogie outfits and maybe Palico (depends).

Finished the one and two star guild quests yesterday, though sleep got the best of me by this point. Might have done a few three star ones..? Don't recall. Hoping to finish three star today, though, or at least tomorrow.

Some of the rusted weapons you get there are pretty powerful.. especially for those still in Low Rank. Also if you know which monsters to hunt for which relic armor you can get a pretty good set fairly easily.
Back to top Go down
http://mhwiki.forumotion.net
E&Troy
Seltas Queen

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:00 pm

@dcj91x wrote:
So.. had a rare expedition pop up with gore magala. Went and found him pretty easy. Was able to get several hits in while he just stood there. Not really any problems from him at first, in fact broke his head and started on his tail when I started doing a charge blade in axe form combo. suddenly he goes into rage mode knock me down before I could stop the animation and frenzy balled me before I could get up. ko'ed me from full health. I ran back to the area he was in just in time to see him "get away". I thought "Fine I still can get the shiny from his filler breat". Right as I got over to it.. it disapeared. Waited and tried to mine for a bit but no other monsters appeared.... I really hate wasted fight Sad by vort

Same here. I've spent 20-30 minutes before on just one monster and it gets away... So sad and frustrating.

EDIT - How come it's called "Crimson Fatalis" and not just Fatalis? My quest just says "Slay a Fatalis or repel it".
Back to top Go down
Lagiacrus the ultimate
Rathalos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:51 am

E&Troy wrote:
EDIT - How come it's called "Crimson Fatalis" and not just Fatalis? My quest just says "Slay a Fatalis or repel it".
It's called Crimson Fatalis because Fatalis is already called Fatalis.
Back to top Go down
Vortiene
Lao-Shan Lung

Thank you Points : 281

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Canada

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:07 am

There a friggin armor set generator for this yet? I hate making armor sets myself. I see the edgemaster skill made it's return, need my awesome evasion+1 edgemaster speed sharpening set back.
Back to top Go down
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Vortiene
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin

Thank you Points : 96

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:46 am

@Vortiene wrote:
There a friggin armor set generator for this yet? I hate making armor sets myself. I see the edgemaster skill made it's return, need my awesome evasion+1 edgemaster speed sharpening set back.

http://gaijinhunter.tumblr.com/post/107741806567/monster-hunter-4g-ultimate-noteworthy-armor-sets

Quote :
If you have a charm with Evade+5 you can make this beauty:

Torso Up, Rebellion Mail, Torso Up, Narga, Torso Up

Skills: Honed Blade, Evade+1, Fast Sharpen

*Use a fast sharpen on the chest and evade [2] and fast sharpen [1] gem on the waist.

Hope that helps! Happy Hunting!

Learn to watch the pros posts =P Gaijin is like super expert
Back to top Go down
Vortiene
Lao-Shan Lung

Thank you Points : 281

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Canada

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:50 am

@Phazon Xenomorph wrote:
@Vortiene wrote:

http://gaijinhunter.tumblr.com/post/107741806567/monster-hunter-4g-ultimate-noteworthy-armor-sets

Quote :
If you have a charm with Evade+5 you can make this beauty:

Torso Up, Rebellion Mail, Torso Up, Narga, Torso Up

Skills: Honed Blade, Evade+1, Fast Sharpen

*Use a fast sharpen on the chest and evade [2] and fast sharpen [1] gem on the waist.

Hope that helps! Happy Hunting!

Learn to watch the pros posts =P Gaijin is like super expert

There we go. Was already planning on gore/ceanataur, so this one is the next step.

Also I can figure out sets, I really just don't want to spend time doing it.
Back to top Go down
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Vortiene
Quentin
Rajang

Thank you Points : 28

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:53 pm

So I finally got all the feelers I needed from Gore (15% drop rate on capture my butt) which means I'm gonna power through the rest of offline until I can find a better armor set than what I have.
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Diablos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:57 pm

There is Fatalis (Big black dragon), Crimson Fatalis (Big Red Dragon), and White Fatalis (Big White Dragon).

Journal: Second triple cart: Silver Los. Had to get used to his new movesets. They are not friendly to gunner (like in MH3U), or GS users. I did get him on my second try, but only by being conservative and striking only when I know he's open. I am thinking of going to Lancer set, since many of these monsters are beginning to do rapid fire attacks, of which lancer is best at deflecting/countering.
Back to top Go down
Firpi
Seltas Queen

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:21 pm

Finally hit Caravan 7*! HR Here i AM!

And Welcome back Vortiene... unless you never left. then, hey hows it going.

A few minute later....
WOW. First HR mission Hermit Grab gives me 5 mystery charms, 3 shinning charms, and all teh Carbalite i might need for a while.

BEst one is Sharpness+2, Wide range +10 pig
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Diablos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:33 pm

Sharp +2 ? Yeah... look up your skills again. I do not believe there is such as thing as Sharpness +2... I can dream though.
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:38 pm

E&Troy wrote:
It's called Crimson Fatalis because Fatalis is already called Fatalis.

Um, well then. If Fatalis is just called Fatalis, then why doesn't it get called Fatalis.

The quest I unlocked says to slay a Fatalis, not a Crimson Fatalis. But everyone keeps saying how they unlocked the Crismon Fatalis. Is there a difference between the two?

EDIT - Okay, I just saw Sephastus' post about there being 3 different Fatalis. So apparently they just say "Slay a Fatalis" even though there are multiple types?

Last edited by E&Troy on Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Firpi
Seltas Queen

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:42 pm

@Sephastus wrote:
Sharp +2 ? Yeah... look up your skills again. I do not believe there is such as thing as Sharpness +2... I can dream though.

OOps, your right. SharpenER +2 Wide range+10.
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Diablos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:54 pm

@Firpi wrote:
@Sephastus wrote:

OOps, your right. SharpenER +2 Wide range+10.
Nice Tali. I thought you were referring to actual skills... but when I saw Wide Range +10, I knew you meant it was a tali... cause the SKILL wide range +10 must mean the entire universe would get fully healed the moment you eat 1 herb. Rock nervious

As for Fatalis, I guess they should have been more specific in the description and said "Slay or repel a Crimson Fatalis". But it would just be splitting hairs, since a Tiger is a tiger, whether it is a regular tiger, a white tiger, or a melanistic (black) tiger. If I said, a tiger escaped in the zoo and I need you to tranquilize it, you wouldn't come back as said, I didn't see a regular tiger, just a white one, so I left it alone. TeeHee
Back to top Go down
MHWF
MHWikiForums

Thank you Points : 21

3DS friends code: 4468-1021-0797

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:52 pm

"So I was looking around the zoo and stumbled upon a lot of tigers. Shot every single one with a tranq."

Spoiler:

Yeah in a game series like MH that has been out a while and has multiple Sub-species being clear on what something is might help. Especially for those that only joined in with Tri and 3U.

Then again taking the title of a hunt or the information provided too literal isn't the best idea iether. For example the "Shroom Patrol" quest which is inevetably in every game just about.

________________________________________________________________________________

So I got another rare Gore Magala expedition (apparently he is the only monster out in it) and was able to get a shiny drop before he carted me. Apparenly if you cart against him he flees. He was still jumping over my body when "Monster Has Fled" popped up.
Back to top Go down
http://mhwiki.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Today at 7:27 pm

Back to top Go down

Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 37Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21 ... 37  Next