Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!

MH4Ultimate releases this Friday, February 13th!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk

Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
What's hunting you?

Share | 

Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20 ... 37  Next
AuthorMessage
MetaMarx
Rathalos

Thank you Points : 16

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code: 4382-2261-9491
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:49 am

First topic message reminder :

Generic thread that appers in every subforum! Hooray!

Tell us about what you did in the game even if it's boring and doesn't make for an interesting post!

Did something shitty happen? There's another thread for that ya dingus!!
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Crystalis
Najarala

Thank you Points : 26

3DS friends code: 3909-8402-8213

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:56 am

Hello everyone, guess who's back! :D

Due to shipping problems, I wasn't able to get this game until Thursday afternoon, but I've currently stopped for the night (2:48am as I'm writing this, lol) just before the Gore Magala 4* urgent mission.

I have to say, these monsters so far have not been overly difficult so far (I've killed every single one sub-15 or so, with a couple of exceptions for sub-20), but I've loved many of these battles, the monsters are so interesting this time around! Especially the Nerscylla, I've fallen in love with it, and have its armor set at the moment, with the Eager Cleaver longsword right now.

The Zamtrios certainly was an... amusing, battle... and the Najarala and Tetsucabra made me think a lot. From what I've seen of the two repel missions, the Gore Magala is also really fun to fight, but not really hard to dodge, kind of like Stygian Zinogre in the previous games, so it shouldn't be too bad getting the materials for the longsword upgrades. I honestly can't wait to fight the stronger monsters! (lookin at u Gogmazios, u wanna go m8? fite me irl jk pls don't)

Also related: the Desire Sensor has been completely mia so far. I got all 4 Thunder Sacs for my Eager Cleaver in one (capture) Khezu run lol.
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:22 pm

@Samochan wrote:
However I am confused, just how many hard armor spheres would I have to use to upgrade it to high rank? o_o

I'm pretty sure you can't overforge armors like you used to be able to in Tri. You'll just have to keep using more and more high level armor spheres if you want to get high rank defense equivalent.

EDIT - Seeing Crystalis' post about the desire censor not working, I've been getting a decent amount of rare items from monsters. I've gotten a bunch of Rathian Rubies. Gore Plates are incredible easy to come by. And of course, the two very first carves off of the high rank Brachydios were gems.
Back to top Go down
Verity19
Black Gravios

3DS friends code: 0619-6394-9770
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:39 pm

Worked on some high rank quests and am now making high rank armor.
That blue check on the six star quests has been bothering me for some time now, but it seems I have to just try to ignore it and continue on with this. Just need one more Monster Broth to upgrade my weapon, but still haven't decided on a high rank armor set to really aim for, so just going to be making pieces with better defense when I can.
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:00 pm

@Verity19 wrote:
Worked on some high rank quests and am now making high rank armor.
That blue check on the six star quests has been bothering me for some time now, but it seems I have to just try to ignore it and continue on with this. Just need one more Monster Broth to upgrade my weapon, but still haven't decided on a high rank armor set to really aim for, so just going to be making pieces with better defense when I can.

I'm pretty sure to unlock the rest of the 6* Caravan quests, you have to reach HR5 in the Gathering Hall.
Back to top Go down
MetaMarx
Rathalos

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:50 am

Got to high rank in the village. I finally get to choose another armor set.
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin

Thank you Points : 96

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:06 am

Made Gaijin's "Rebellion Up" set after a TON of shaguru farming for a single Gem. Now if I can get a 3 slot charm with attack points on it, i can get rid of the attack down small still on the armor (was medium but gems in my 2 slot weapon took it to Small). That said even with either Attack down Medium or Attack down small, the Honed Blade pushes the attack well past what I was using previous, my high/low gore mix from his set had like 604 attack, now it's 666. That's a decent boost.

Cmon melding...give me the talisman I need!

EDIT: No luck on such a talisman yet but I'm hopeful! Need more vile frenzy crystals before i can do more melding.

That said after taking a few triple carts in G rank solo farming for Heavy Armor spheres, i have about 420 defense, not too shabby but my other pieces still need more Heavy spheres to get even higher, but this should help drastically...between the more superior skills set and now the higher defense...yeah I'm ready to tear G rank apart and offline village stuff...especially village cause I need to unlock the Rainbow Pigment!
Back to top Go down
Verity19
Black Gravios

3DS friends code: 0619-6394-9770
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:35 pm

E&Troy wrote:
I'm pretty sure to unlock the rest of the 6* Caravan quests, you have to reach HR5 in the Gathering Hall.

Well, seems it may be a while before I get them, then, since I'm hoping to focus solely on caravan quests until either the next time I go home (currently determined to be March 6) and have wi-fi or until I either get stuck on a caravan quest or get through them all, however many stars the last one may be. If I end up wanting to just rank myself up for some reason, might happen sooner.
Besides, knowing the older of my two younger brothers, he's more likely to focus on ranking up and going online than to complete the caravan quests, unlike our youngest sibling, so if this ends up being true (if he does focus more on ranking up), he'll know what to do guild quest-wise and will probably be a good asset to rely on for it rather than doing what I usually do and just doing all the quests until an urgent pops up though even then, I might still wait to do it and finish that rank's missions.

Currently on the Ace Lancer's two quests for the rebuilding. Also now have the Leumundsgift with the kinsect being the Rigiprayne.
Back to top Go down
Lagiacrus the ultimate
Rathalos

Thank you Points : 18

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:02 pm

Aside from doing some fun things like catching up on quests I hadn't done over the last two or so days (I want to do all the quests available to me because reasons) I practiced with the Insect Glaive against a Gravios in the Everwood last night. Holy shit this weapon. I thought it was merely cool before, but holy shit this is ridiculous.

EDIT: So it turns out I accidentally sold the guards for my Ceanataur gunner armor. I am NOT trying to get another chilling beak, so I guess I won't be using bow until I can get my hands on some Hercudromes. Fortunately I have the insect Glaive for my Gravios problems. Still though, annoying.
Back to top Go down
MetaMarx
Rathalos

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:49 am

Finally got a great general blademaster armor set for high rank. Time to make progress and hopefully find some good gunner armor.
Back to top Go down
Crystalis
Najarala

Thank you Points : 26

3DS friends code: 3909-8402-8213

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:50 am

Alrighty, started up online to get some to get some things going and get some mats... just finished Dahren Mohran this afternoon, and finally got the mats I needed for the Gore Magala longsword. With Two Gore Magala Plates, one Zinogre Plate, and an Earth Dragongem as well. e_e
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:53 am

Offline egg quests apparently unlock an offline Crimson Fatalis...whooped it's ass all over the place. Wondering if all the offline content from villager quests lead to big monsters.
Back to top Go down
Firpi
Seltas Queen

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code: 4441-9127-6618
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:19 am

After 17 Najaralas over the weekend, I am willing to believe that the chilling beak is not coded into my game card. Especially since everyone i played with online eventually got one.

So I decide Im going to continue on with the story. YAY unlocked Caenataur armor. SWEET!! I need to trade.... a chilling beak. ARE YOU F'N Kidding ME!! Rage by sipax
Back to top Go down
Lagiacrus the ultimate
Rathalos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:09 pm

@Firpi wrote:
After 17 Najaralas over the weekend, I am willing to believe that the chilling beak is not coded into my game card. Especially since everyone i played with online eventually got one.

So I decide Im going to continue on with the story. YAY unlocked Caenataur armor. SWEET!! I need to trade.... a chilling beak.  ARE YOU F'N Kidding ME!! Rage by sipax
And now you know my pain. I mean for me, I eventually got the two chilling beaks I needed for Ceanataur armor. Then I accidentally sold off one of the armor pieces that I used a pincer on.
Back to top Go down
Firpi
Seltas Queen

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:24 pm

@Lagiacrus the ultimate wrote:
@Firpi wrote:

So I decide Im going to continue on with the story. YAY unlocked Caenataur armor. SWEET!! I need to trade.... a chilling beak.  ARE YOU F'N Kidding ME!! Rage by sipax
And now you know my pain. I mean for me, I eventually got the two chilling beaks I needed for Ceanataur armor. Then I accidentally sold off one of the armor pieces that I used a pincer on.

OUCH!!! that is painful.

Others may or may not know, If the Wiki is correct, you only get the beaks from shiny drops and breaking its face.... .which is nintendo hard due to its speed and size. I went back to my Barroth and called it a day.
Back to top Go down
Lagiacrus the ultimate
Rathalos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:49 pm

@Firpi wrote:
@Lagiacrus the ultimate wrote:
@Firpi wrote:

OUCH!!! that is painful.

Others may or may not know, If the Wiki is correct, you only get the beaks from shiny drops and breaking its face.... .which is nintendo hard due to its speed and size. I went back to my Barroth and called it a day.
My advice for that is the Insect Glaive

ANyway, I think I just psychically killed the desire sensor. I needed a keenbone and two inferno sacs, so I hunted a blue kut ku. I got the exact number of everything I needed. What even.

Aside from that, got the urgent to get into high rank in the gathering hall. Currently putting that off cause I'm kinda lazy. Mainly just screwing around in Dondruma.
Back to top Go down
Samochan
Seltas Queen

Thank you Points : 36

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:43 am

Hunted lots of 7* monsters tonight. Rajang was pretty ape-shit, kushala is easy to glaive, stupid to hammer and lance, teostra is.. hard to hammer properly, mohran is piece of cake and akantor is slow but hits like a truck. Lancing daora especially is apparently pretty dumb idea without windproof high.

First teostra, grabbed a gem from first tear. *flex* Managed to break horns finally when we got 3 people hammering his face lol.

Had a 80hr g2 friend helping us out since he needed dragon bones anyway so most stuff died fairly easily. Suprisingly akantor was the one people failed on most. Teostra plain murdered me one time when I accidentally ran into his fire breath while trying to superpound, he then proceeded to charge me 3 times in a row. Kushala nuked me once with ice tornado of doom to 5% from max and then ice shard to face and dead.

On the other hand, joe got wrecked pretty hard, poor joe. He can't handle my rare 7 gore magala ginsect. Did the most epic victory mount on silver los too, last rage roar I had gone to middle pillar, waited till he did his roar jump back fireball and jumped onto his back for epic dropdown mountage and quest completion.

Tomorrow dalamandur urgent. =) Also need to update all weps to at least rare 5.

I'm also trying to think what would I need to build sharpness+1/honed blade, hg plugs + some other fancy skills like evasions, razor sharp etc set when I have hearing +5 OOO talisman. I'd love a sharpness hammer set. Also gotta do some najarala high rank to grab some more evasion gems so finally complete my uber hg plugs, razor, crit eye+3 evasion+1 set/knockout king set.
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:35 am

@Samochan wrote:
Hunted lots of 7* monsters tonight. Rajang was pretty ape-shit, kushala is easy to glaive, stupid to hammer and lance, teostra is.. hard to hammer properly, mohran is piece of cake and akantor is slow but hits like a truck. Lancing daora especially is apparently pretty dumb idea without windproof high.

First teostra, grabbed a gem from first tear. *flex* Managed to break horns finally when we got 3 people hammering his face lol.

Had a 80hr g2 friend helping us out since he needed dragon bones anyway so most stuff died fairly easily. Suprisingly akantor was the one people failed on most. Teostra plain murdered me one time when I accidentally ran into his fire breath while trying to superpound, he then proceeded to charge me 3 times in a row. Kushala nuked me once with ice tornado of doom to 5% from max and then ice shard to face and dead.

On the other hand, joe got wrecked pretty hard, poor joe. He can't handle my rare 7 gore magala ginsect. Did the most epic victory mount on silver los too, last rage roar I had gone to middle pillar, waited till he did his roar jump back fireball and jumped onto his back for epic dropdown mountage and quest completion.

Tomorrow dalamandur urgent. =) Also need to update all weps to at least rare 5.

I'm also trying to think what would I need to build sharpness+1/honed blade, hg plugs + some other fancy skills like evasions, razor sharp etc set when I have hearing +5 OOO talisman. I'd love a sharpness hammer set. Also gotta do some najarala high rank to grab some more evasion gems so finally complete my uber hg plugs, razor, crit eye+3 evasion+1 set/knockout king set.

That's just weird. Akantor is usually an easy farm boss. I lol'd every time someone carted to him doing him online yet I never failed once, then again he only has like 2 new attacks and I whooped his ass back in freedom unite so many times.
Back to top Go down
Lucas
Rathalos

Thank you Points : 60

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:40 am

Been cutting tails with mah mighty arrows n finally finished Rath Soul set which helped me to slay the village Crimson Fatalis d. _.b!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Diablos

Thank you Points : 29

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:40 am

Did some high rank caravan quests in my new Low Rank Greatsword set:

Sharp+1, Crit Draw and Part Destroyer.

Having tons of fun, and almost want this to not end... Doing 9* Caravan at the moment, and dreading getting to 10* cause I can imagine some credits are going to roll....
Back to top Go down
Samochan
Seltas Queen

Thank you Points : 36

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:59 pm

@Phazon Xenomorph wrote:

That's just weird. Akantor is usually an easy farm boss. I lol'd every time someone carted to him doing him online yet I never failed once, then again he only has like 2 new attacks and I whooped his ass back in freedom unite so many times.

I know rite? He's so super slow it's easy to dodge his charges and stuff. And yet him and teostra were the only ones we had triple carts on, prolly because we still had one person who basically got ohko'ed whenever a monster looked at him too badly due to his lacking armor, yet he was hammering and then some random gunners who doublecarted. Our buddy didn't like hammering him, I think hammering akantor is totally fine and easy. :p Tho they were randoms and at some point we got some random person who was pretty good and hunted with us loads and we plain murdered most of em. But teostra is a lot noticeably harder. Lot less predictable and ten times faster with murderous intent. Hammering him seems pretty hard when not soloing tho... can't seem to stop the instacharges he does when he turns or the paw smacks he does when raging. Would have to do some sick lv2 timing charges to get him.

But ye, note to self, dont ever let akantor burrow away from you, ever. He will start spamming breath and won't ever seem to stop from mile away.
Back to top Go down
Firpi
Seltas Queen

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:09 pm

Just fought my first Seltas Queen. I REALLY enjoyed this fight. The dynamic of the two monsters working together, so annoying but because of the way it was done really enjoyed it.
Seltas armor seems ok too, so guess thats my next step.
So long Barroth armor, you served me well.
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:28 pm

Just got to HR4, so I unlocked HR expeditions.

Did a couple of those. Went out to kill a Black Gravios. I used allot of potions and it took forever. And when it was finally limping, it decided to leave. All those potions and time for nothing.

Got a HR guild quest to fight a Yian Kut-ku. Got a nice chest armor piece that does Edgemaster +2. Now if I could get it polished (I need Quality Abrasives.), I could have a complete set with the Honed Blade skill. That would be kinda cool for being only HR.
Back to top Go down
MetaMarx
Rathalos

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:30 pm

Went online for the very first time. The overall online experience feels like a step back from 3U.
Back to top Go down
TKMT
Seltas

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America, U.S.

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:45 pm

@MetaMarx wrote:
Went online for the very first time. The overall online experience feels like a step back from 3U.
A step back? That's just being generous...
Back to top Go down
Azurei
Kelbi

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:25 pm

Just hit HR6. I also managed to complete some high rank brachy armor, my first HR set. I'll miss the occaisional questions I would get joining a brachy room with low rank najarala armor, but having over double the defense now just about makes up for it. Oh, and having Challenger+2, Adrenaline, Bombardier, and gemming in Destroyer are nice bonuses as well, heh. Works wonders with the charge blade. Now to get through some of the high rank caravan quests...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Today at 5:49 am

Back to top Go down

Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 37Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20 ... 37  Next