Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk

Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Monster Hunter XX (Double Cross) for 3DS

Share | 

Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next
AuthorMessage
MetaMarx
Rajang

Thank you Points : 16

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code: 4382-2261-9491
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:49 am

First topic message reminder :

Generic thread that appers in every subforum! Hooray!

Tell us about what you did in the game even if it's boring and doesn't make for an interesting post!

Did something shitty happen? There's another thread for that ya dingus!!
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Crystalis
Najarala

Thank you Points : 26

3DS friends code: 3909-8402-8213

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:34 pm

@A Drunk Ninja wrote:
@Samochan wrote:
honed, cha+2, razor, weak exploit, ce+2. *_*

Please, please, please, tell me/us this set and the talisman needed.

I so want to have this...

Weapon OO
Spirit Jewel 2

Star Knight Helm OOO
Razor Jewel 3

Silver Solmail OOO
Spirit Jewel 2

Kujula Grip O
Spirit Jewel 1

Grand Divine Ire Obi OOO
Tenderizer Jewel 3

Star Knight Greaves OOO
Tenderizer Jewel 3

+4 Edgemaster, +14 Expert OOO
Expert Jewel 1, Razor Jewel 1, Tenderizer Jewel 1
Back to top Go down
Samochan
Seltas Queen

Thank you Points : 36

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:57 pm

@A Drunk Ninja wrote:
@Samochan wrote:
honed, cha+2, razor, weak exploit, ce+2. *_*

Please, please, please, tell me/us this set and the talisman needed.

I so want to have this...

Talisman requirement is fairly difficult, most likely edge+4 + expert/tenderizer and OOO, unless you got edge+4 wep. Prolly not possible with just edge+4 OOO. Also needs 3 slot wep.

dat set:

Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:25 am

hunting journal update: haven't played with any forum members in awhile....ADD ME GUYS 2552-0903-6474
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
Sephastus
Diablos

Thank you Points : 30

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:07 pm

Did some random lvl 126+ guild quests, when, low and behold... I saw in my rewards a Rare 10 dual blade, with native purple sharpeness (A good chunk too), and 200 native paralysis, AND 25% affinity, 25 Defense.

Wow... I don't use dual blades... but, seeing that made me want to give it a go.

Geared, upgraded and gemmed, I stood at 408 Attack, 250 Paralysis, 50% Affinity, Status +2, Crit Status, HG Earplugs, Windproof (Hi), Critical Eye +2, and 5 slots open to gem in any minor skill (I could use meat-lover for the infinite stamina after eating meat, or Polisher for instant sharpening ect).

Decided to test it out on Gathering Hall M. Tigrex (Solo), and it paralyzed on my first combo... I was so excited at the possibilities that I got sloppy, and it carted me once. Then decided for the "urgent" G-Ranked Kushala Daora (Solo again), and 8 paralysis later, it was being carved with no carts. Man... I had/have never been so excited about using a new weapon before. The power I hold with these new blades is overwhelming!! And that was even before I realized that food stacks with status +2, and that when in Fully charged demon mode you get additional buffs that improve movements, sheathing, and doubles the amount of attacks that you have, even if you are not in demon mode... I am in love!! :-D

Edit: Also... did I mention groups LOOOOVVVVEEEE me? Rock
Back to top Go down
BoredForLife
Kecha Wacha

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code: 0490-5393-4041
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Greece

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:18 am

I got to play online a little bit this past few days. Cleared some G2 quests and now I'm thinking of trying to solo Chaos Gore.
While farming for some weapon upgrades I got to solo G rank S.Zinogre. I f-ing love the fight even if its so much bullshit. I seriously consider it to be one of the best designed encounters in the game. You need really close dodges and well timed hits with those stupid dragon-bug-things coming at you every 2 seconds.

Edit: got him on the 3rd try and Im now drooling all over his armor and weapons
Back to top Go down
Raptor98
Jaggi

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:38 pm

Took a few tries to get A Rank on Triplets, but I was able to get Craftsman's Specs Yes by vort
Back to top Go down
evahnulahm
Seltas

Thank you Points : 18

3DS friends code: 0276-0576-8464
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:09 pm

Finally got the basarios invisible infinite mine spot to work! Hooray for 99 earth crystals in 11 minutes!
Back to top Go down
A Drunk Ninja
Rhenoplos

Thank you Points : 3

3DS friends code: 4313-3105-0571
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:36 pm

Made the set that Samochan and Crystalis mentioned earlier. I used it to kill Teostra a few times. My GQ is up to 131 and it's one of my best times yet.

Then I tried to do my 2x Deviljho GQ and since they are such good buddies, they wont stay apart for more than a minute at a time (forgetting dung bombs was not the problem).

I got a nice tenderizer +4 critical draw +7 talisman and updated my Rajang GS set. I need the same talisman with three slots or a relic with three slots and I can fit in another skill that's almost done.

Has anyone tried these custom quests I am hearing about? I read that someone made one of Gogmazios in some pitch black area. It sounds awesome.

I have had a pretty good week in MH4U.
Back to top Go down
Crystalis
Najarala

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:49 pm

Ironically, I've had custom quests for over a week now, but since you asked, I made a post about it, including 5 I made (and are working).

http://mhwiki.forumotion.net/t10806-mh4u-custom-quests
Back to top Go down
A Drunk Ninja
Rhenoplos

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:13 am

@Crystalis wrote:
Ironically, I've had custom quests for over a week now, but since you asked, I made a post about it, including 5 I made (and are working).

http://mhwiki.forumotion.net/t10806-mh4u-custom-quests

Awesome, I will definitely take a look. That will be a good place to exchange ideas for quests as well as how to make them work properly.
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Diablos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:05 am

Might be time to have an "official" instruction threat on how to make these quests, as well as some good monster pairings for good challenges. I personally, for example, enjoy fighting all the versions of the Tigrex, and would welcome some good combos using the tigrex. For example, a Raging Brachy and a Molten Tigrex duo. Either outrun until one kills the other and then focus on one, or be good at locking down one, either through smoke bombs, or proper use of the flash bombs. Or a Teostra with a Molten Tigrex... can one of them explode the powder from the other?? Interesting thing to find out. :-P
Back to top Go down
Crystalis
Najarala

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:24 am

Raging Brachydios and Molten Tigrex has been done before by plenty of users actually, the end result was typically Brach mauling Tiggy while you just sat far away and watched, then did a 1v1 with the weakened Brach. Mildly disappointing but still a fun experiment.

From testing my own, Shagaru + Apex Zinogre in the Sanctuary has been ridiculously hard to do compared to any of my other reasonable ones. They both go super offensive all the time, and its hard to even keep your footing.
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin

Thank you Points : 96

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:02 pm

@Crystalis wrote:

They both go super offensive all the time, and its hard to even keep your footing.

This is why you glaive, then you just leap about and don't have to worry about keeping your footing as you're in the air!
Back to top Go down
Vampess
Khezu

Thank you Points : 25

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:58 pm

Just got MH4U and a N3DS XL \o/

Haven't done too much so far, just beat a Tetsu, unlocked the honey farm (yay), got a Sleepy Sheepy poogi suit (my favourite), and a LBG and Bow relic (not a ranged player, sadly, but might use the bow).

Tried arena, wanted to do a kutku, misclicked, and ended up in the arena with a Kecha. Welp. Beat it anyway :P
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Diablos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:17 am

Welcome to MH4U... Enjoy your stay, and don't let the vets fool you... some things in this game are harder/easier than they say :-D
Back to top Go down
evahnulahm
Seltas

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:41 pm

Why oh why is Savage Jho G Expedition only Sad by vort Spent most of the day getting the rare expedition up, he shows up 4/5 times but only got 1 of 3 vile fangs i need from him. So annoying.
Back to top Go down
Vampess
Khezu

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:26 pm

@Sephastus wrote:
Welcome to MH4U... Enjoy your stay, and don't let the vets fool you... some things in this game are harder/easier than they say :-D

Haha, thanks! Yes by vort

I'm pretty familiar with the old monsters, but the new ones can still throw me for a loop! Didn't expect Gore Malala to be so.. involved, I thought it'd be more like Jhen. Managed the repel in one go though.

So now I can buy potions, and have an extra farm cart, yay honey!
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Diablos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:11 am

Journal updates:

I have found good rarity 10 weapons from guild quests to make some insane combinations. A thunder based switchaxe with 1800+ natural damage white sharpness (extensive purple with sharp), and Avarice, which when paired with an avarice +6, widerange +9 000 slot talisman and the full White Fatty armor gives me a total of 7 great skills AND negates horrible luck (Great luck with Avarice, plus capture expert to boot!). It has become my official "farming" gear, when I need specific monster parts.

I have made my full set of Tempest Gear (Guild quest armor that literally makes you look god-like). I have it for the looks, and to make my guild card look spiffy. For those who want tempest gear, it is under Tri-Series E. I did make it work for my greatsword setup by giving it Ferocity (Focus & Meatlover), Brawn (KO King + Stamina Thief), and Readiness (Punishing Draw + Quicksheath). I am still looking for that ever elusive Rarity 10 Guild Quest Greatsword.

I have an insect glaive that made my friend jealous... but I haven't upgraded it... or done anything to actually make it work... It just looks pretty. :-P

Post end-game, getting ultimate setups is actually fun, and is forcing me to learn the other weapons that I have ignored. Hopefully everyone else is also having fun, since it is going to be quite the dry-spell before we see another new Monster Hunter game.
Back to top Go down
TKMT
Seltas

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America, U.S.

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:50 pm

Entry:

Took down White Fatalis.
It definitely had more HP than usual Fatalis, but did not strike as hard.
The fight was fun. I ended up hitting W. Fatalis out of the sky with a cannon ball. Felt so good.

Got two Old Eyes or (whatever it's called) in rewards and Got hardhorns.
I'd like to get the armor. For #Respekt points (lol)
*places W. Fatalis armor on list next to Rajang Armor*
Back to top Go down
A Drunk Ninja
Rhenoplos

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:25 pm

Sephatus wrote:
Entry:

I have an insect glaive that made my friend jealous...

Stats? And both of those sound like sweet armor sets. I have tried and I don't have the patience for GQ armor/weapon farming.

@TKMT: #Respekt to you for hunting white fatalis

I started a new character to learn the charge blade. I didn't want to cheese my way through the low/high rank stuff with G rank gear and wanted to know how it felt to "struggle" with the lesser armors.

I rolled a great talisman early on and made a nice mixed set for guard points and that took me up to the end of high rank. Then another mixed set has gotten me halfway through G2. this file have progressed MUCH faster that my first one; 500 hrs vs. 70 hrs.

Now on my first save I have a set planned to make use of the fatalis CB. I'm going to get the barrage earring and get load up, dragon attack +3, honed blade, and razor sharp and it will be what I use to destroy Fatalis (and other elder dragons) with. If my math is correct a full discharge to the face will do over 3,000 damage.
Back to top Go down
Vampess
Khezu

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:46 pm

I just hunted the Queen Seltas to upgrade my duals \o/

Mind you, I'm hunting in 3 battered pieces, and 2 chainmail pieces, none of it upgraded, speed sharpener gemmed in, because my duals have atrocious sharpness until I upgrade them. I have one weapon, that I upgrade when I can, and that's about it. I will get an actual armor when it's needed, and same with weapons. For now I don't feel like grinding X rare material for some armor, just to stop using it when I get to high rank, an the same goes for the armor spheres, since I remember from Tri how annoying they were to get :P

Enjoying the game so far Yes by vort

Just got some dragon toadstools, so after I throw them in the multiplier, I'll actually have max pots :D
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Diablos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:11 pm

Vampess, once you get G ranked, and can fight the Congalala (Heavenly Mount Gathering), you can make the Mycology decorations. It gives you mushroommancer. This means that dragon toadstools alone will act like Max pots. Moapshrooms are Dash Drinks, ect ect... Its a little OP secret from this game. And if you ever get one of those account mushrooms (Rippened, I believe), it acts like an ancient potion.

Good hunting!

I will find that glaive and post the stats later ^_^
Back to top Go down
Vampess
Khezu

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:29 pm

Damn, that's awesome :o

Thanks for the tip! Yes by vort
Back to top Go down
evahnulahm
Seltas

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:10 pm

Finally got the last rustshard i needed for the award, it was rusted hammer, and i am only 4 awards away from having them all. That damn hammer took me over 60 zinogre huntathon quests to finally get with my gather gear. By the end i saved all the appraised shards and have a page and a half filled with them before i got the hammer. Felt so good to sell all the junk weapons Yes by vort. Now on to finishing the GQ to 140 and all Arena to S rank before i tackle the mini crown awards last.
Back to top Go down
TheLaw

Thank you Points : 10

3DS friends code: 0748-2193-3471
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Australia

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:40 am

Okay so it's been quite some time since I've last posted in this thread;

Today I hunted with my group/guild etc but at first they were in a full hall, so I joined a friend and helped them out, they wanted Vile Fangs, which I said are from G Rank Jho, mostly dropped from Savage iirc so I posted the G Savage Jho (I have JP DLC + Custom Quests for fun) and then once people found out, they started putting in requests for GX armour sets, and unreleased weapons, I did about 5 Savage Jhos and showed my mastery of Evade Lance, until I got tired and decided to take a break from hosting JP DLC, then hunted with my guild and helped a few of them get the upgrades for weapons (noticeably kinsects) and finished up my Arena..

That JP DLC though, and HR 999... puts a target on my back for people who want stuff early...
Back to top Go down
http://mhwiki.forumotion.net/u3769
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Today at 6:17 pm

Back to top Go down

Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 34 of 37Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next