Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 5 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 5 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread

Go down 
+26
Ryuuji
Ken Kurobasa
XenonFrost
TKMT
Ataraxia
Jojozityjo
Crystalis
kama
Samochan
A Drunk Ninja
th8827
Tomderdepp
dcj91x
Antari18
Lagiacrus the ultimate
Baumgart5
X Kitsune X
Shindouz
PAiN---
InstaCakes
Raptor98
yvz
Firpi
Phazon Xenomorph
Sephastus
E&Troy
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

Thank you Points : 19

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 3:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

I didn't see one of these threads yet so I decided to start one.

To start it off, does anyone know how to unlock all of the 6* Caravan quests? I want to fight the high rank Gore without doing the Gathering Hall quests.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha
InstaCakes

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Spain

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 8:35 am

th8827 wrote:
Do you get break rewards if you finish by Subquest?

Yup.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/InstaCakes
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 9:08 am

Sephastus wrote:
Have you checked some of the vendors? They sometimes carry fish and other goodies. Might be the quickest way to get a large amount of these.

Do you mean Wycoon? No, he's not selling them. As far as I know there're only 2 ways of getting sleepyfish quickly:

1) Duplicate with a friend
2) Use fishing machine on Cat Island, get Sleepyfish Catcher on as many cats as possible
Back to top Go down
http://gbforever.net
th8827
Cephalos
th8827

3DS friends code: 0533-4039-4608
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 3:13 pm

What do the elemental upgrades do to the Felyne team skill Purrtuso? I got a cat with Purrtuso/Ice, but I did not notice a difference from the normal version...
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

Thank you Points : 32

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 10:27 am

I might be wrong, but that might mean that the skill does more damage if you are fighting a monster that has a weakness to that element. I don't think it has a different graphic component though. ( I have several elemental attack Felynes, and the attacks all look alike, unless they change at level 30).
Back to top Go down
th8827
Cephalos
th8827

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 5:46 pm

Purrtuso is the healing skill. I don't see any difference between an Ice elemental heal and a normal one.
Back to top Go down
Samochan
Seltas Queen
Samochan

Thank you Points : 37

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 9:50 pm

Does teostra have high grade or normal roar? I'm gonna guess high grade because duh elder dragon and their roars... but would be great to be certain if I could actually tone down from hg plugs to normals and grab latent power+1 for my honed blade set instead.

Would fancy knowing in general exactly what grade plugs are required for new monsters.
Back to top Go down
th8827
Cephalos
th8827

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 10:17 pm

I just tested, and his initial roar was blocked with regular earplugs. In high rank, at least. Can't say if anything changed for G Rank.
Back to top Go down
Samochan
Seltas Queen
Samochan

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 2:13 am

th8827 wrote:
I just tested, and his initial roar was blocked with regular earplugs. In high rank, at least. Can't say if anything changed for G Rank.

From my experience, monster roars can only change between subspecies but not between quest difficulty.

Aka, come here latentpower+1, im gonna grab u.
Back to top Go down
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha
InstaCakes

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 5:37 am

Does the proc chance for Felyne Defender, Divine Blessing* and Honing for Defense stack? (*not just the skill itself, but also the less-known Hunting Horn melody)

What moves require Guard Boost to block?
Back to top Go down
Samochan
Seltas Queen
Samochan

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 9:48 am

So I'm a bit confused about how rewarding works for guild quests. I know that best singular monster rewards come from teo, shagaru and chameleos and for some others, it would have to be a dual monster quest to get dual rewards. But how does that work again? I read here that in order for one to get say, rajang grade rewards, rajang would have to be the rightside monster icon. However, a friend of mine who's a skiled player and has done many gq states different, that the quest text would have a "Rajang etc" on it, so that rajang determines the quality of the quest rewards.
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 4:38 pm

No, unfortunately he's wrong.

When you register a quest you can see monsters icons. The one on the right determines the grade of the rewards. The monster on the left determines look of the weapons.

Just for reference, I got two GQ with Rajang + Kut-ku. In the first one Rajang is on the right. In the second one Rajang is on the left. Both quests have title "Hunt 1 Rajang etc.". Only the first one give Rajang grade rewards. Second one give Kut-ku grade rewards, means it's pretty bad.
Back to top Go down
Firpi
Seltas Queen
Firpi

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 5:39 pm

What do you mean Rajang grade. I though there was no Teir of equipment, that you could get the same reward from a velociprey as you would a rajang, just that there is a better chance for better stuff from the rajang?
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

Thank you Points : 97

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 6:39 pm

InstaCakes wrote:
Does the proc chance for Felyne Defender, Divine Blessing* and Honing for Defense stack? (*not just the skill itself, but also the less-known Hunting Horn melody)

What moves require Guard Boost to block?

I recall looking up about Felyne Defender, Divine Protection, and Defense Hone hidden divine protection. I believe all can stack was the end result so have at it.
Back to top Go down
Crystalis
Najarala
Crystalis

Thank you Points : 26

3DS friends code: 3909-8402-8213

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 6:55 pm

Firpi wrote:
What do you mean Rajang grade. I though there was no Teir of equipment, that you could get the same reward from a velociprey as you would a rajang, just that there is a better chance for better stuff from the rajang?

The equipment themselves in terms of stats alone have NO categorizational differences, the only thing that determines how good a weapon is, is solely the level of the guild quest.

The only thing the monster determines is the aesthetic appearance of the equipment you get, nothing more.
Back to top Go down
Firpi
Seltas Queen
Firpi

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 10:43 pm

so then why do people keep saying Rajang, gore etc give better items. I can understand the 140 apex giving uber equipment.
Back to top Go down
Crystalis
Najarala
Crystalis

Thank you Points : 26

3DS friends code: 3909-8402-8213

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2015 12:58 am

Because they're unaware that a cool-looking weapon doesn't automatically mean it's better, and don't care to learn otherwise.
Back to top Go down
th8827
Cephalos
th8827

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2015 2:46 am

The left monster determines the shape, the right monster determines the best possible stats. This means that the equipment can still be bad, but a right hand kut-ku will have their best possible gear be lower quality than a right hand Rajang.
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

Thank you Points : 97

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2015 4:04 am

So what about on quests like the double rajang I got from Crystalis? What does that do to weapons?
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2015 8:12 am

Crystalis wrote:
The equipment themselves in terms of stats alone have NO categorizational differences, the only thing that determines how good a weapon is, is solely the level of the guild quest.

The only thing the monster determines is the aesthetic appearance of the equipment you get, nothing more.

Sorry but you're terribly wrong on this. Monsters that appear on the quest not only determines the appearance of the equipment but also chance to get more beshacked and graven. Means, it's easier to get best stat equipment from those monsters. The monster on the right determines the grade of the rewards, means the chance to get more beshacked and graven (best results possible).  

Yes you can get BEST STATS WEAPON from EVERY GQ no matter monster you fight. But, there's like 1% of getting it from low grade monsters like Kut-ku or Velocidrome. You may ask why? Simply because those monsters have high % of giving Champion's relics and low % of giving Beshackled. High grade monsters like Rajang on the other hand have high % of giving Beshackled.

Also there's a difference in number of relics which you get from them. I have lv140 Black Diablos. On average I get 2-4 relics (most of them armors + 1 weapon). On Double Rajang lv140 I get 12-17 relics on average. Sometimes more.

And again Kut-ku+Rajang gives more GOOD relics (Beshackled) than Rajang + Kut-ku.

tl;dr

Left monster: desired skin
Right monster: Rajang. Always...
Back to top Go down
Samochan
Seltas Queen
Samochan

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2015 11:03 am

Thank you very much for clarifying this antari, so there is no more confusion when it comes to guild quests.

Pretty sure certain monsters have certain amount of relics they can toss around once quest is finished, say Deviljho has 9 potential drops which is doubled if it's a double monster quest. Rajang may be the best monster to farm for double quests... but he's also easily the most difficult out of em. Unless you got some stupid good gear already and gunner and do some actual speedrun strats. So substituting rajang with another monster like Deviljho or Seregios (apparently) can still give almost same amount of rewards with much better success %, in which the amount of successful quests can easily net you a load more weapons than only half success rate quests. I'm not sure about the exact number of potential relics each monster can give however.

But if one has a good quests with double monster with deviljho on the right and velocidrome on the left, I wouldn't shy away from grinding that one just because it isn't a rajang. Be glad you don't have to grind apex rajang, joe can just be murdered with simple MHtri tactics as soon as the pops outta apex mode, as long as you run evasion+1 but normal rajang is still very painfull without the ability to fully lock him down and murder him in <1min. Would be hard pressed to find 3 people with perfect relic greatswords and perfect greatsword speedrun sets and a status gunner to boot.
Back to top Go down
th8827
Cephalos
th8827

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2015 12:31 pm

Phazon Xenomorph wrote:
So what about on quests like the double rajang I got from Crystalis? What does that do to weapons?
I think that you get a set of prizes from each Rajang, so you get more relics per hunt than single Rajang.

EDIT: Now, I have a question.

Does Negate Stun also prevent stun caused by getting hit when you have Thunderblight, or does Thunderblight override Negate Stun?
Back to top Go down
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha
InstaCakes

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2015 6:05 am

^ Stun Negated overrides Thunderblight. I know because I used and abused it in MH3U.

For Gogmazios, what weapon would you reccomend? I'm thinking maybe use a Glaive, HGE, and get Rodeo God so I can keep Gogmazios down as often as possible.
Back to top Go down
th8827
Cephalos
th8827

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2015 1:32 pm

I watched some pros fight him.

If no one else is going IG, I would suggest IG. The Battlequarters does not have many easy places to reliably hit his head to mount him, and most of his body is too high up. You can spam jump attack on the IG and just wail on his chest easily, and reach his face even if he is awkwardly positioned away from a wall.

InstaCakes wrote:
^ Stun Negated overrides Thunderblight. I know because I used and abused it in MH3U.

Ok. So, which would be better for fighting Zinogre? Negate Stun or Thunder Def +15 (making my Thunder Def be 30) and Quick Sheathing (I only needed a few extra slots to complete it). The main reason that he keeps defeating me is because he headbutt stuns me and then backflips onto me, not because of his lightning balls, although those balls might be making it easier to stun me.
Back to top Go down
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha
InstaCakes

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2015 6:50 am

I would go with Negate Stun, as that's a bit more global.

Can someone tell me what Mycology does exactly? I mean, the effects for each mushroom.
Back to top Go down
th8827
Cephalos
th8827

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2015 6:34 pm

According to the wiki...

Blue = Recovery
Nitro = Power Seed
Paralysis = Defense Seed
Poison = Nutrients
Futabire = Energy Drink (No idea what that is. Choice Mushroom, maybe?)
Ripened Mushroom = Ancient Potion

EDIT: Anyone know that the two awards on Support are between Elder Dragon Meownster Hunter and Golden Poogie. (You get Golden Poogie by bringing your Poogie out to Cheeko Sands, and putting him down in the water)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread
Page 5 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next