Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!

MH4Ultimate releases this Friday, February 13th!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk
 
Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
What's hunting you?

Share | 
 

 Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
E&Troy
Seltas Queen


Thank you Points : 19

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

I didn't see one of these threads yet so I decided to start one.

To start it off, does anyone know how to unlock all of the 6* Caravan quests? I want to fight the high rank Gore without doing the Gathering Hall quests.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Lagiacrus the ultimate
Rathalos


Thank you Points : 18

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:39 am

So, got to HR Five. Where's my offline High Rank Gore Magala quest?
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen


Thank you Points : 19

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:41 am

@Lagiacrus the ultimate wrote:
So, got to HR Five. Where's my offline High Rank Gore Magala quest?

If you go to Val Habar (Is that what it's called?), the Ace Commander should have a request for you where you'll then get the quest to fight the HR Gore Magala.
Back to top Go down
Lagiacrus the ultimate
Rathalos


Thank you Points : 18

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:14 am

E&Troy wrote:
@Lagiacrus the ultimate wrote:
So, got to HR Five. Where's my offline High Rank Gore Magala quest?

If you go to Val Habar (Is that what it's called?), the Ace Commander should have a request for you where you'll then get the quest to fight the HR Gore Magala.
Well, he's in Dondruma right now so that's probably not gonna happen. Ah well.
Back to top Go down
X Kitsune X
Bnahabra


Thank you Points : 8

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:58 am

@Lagiacrus the ultimate wrote:
E&Troy wrote:
@Lagiacrus the ultimate wrote:
So, got to HR Five. Where's my offline High Rank Gore Magala quest?

If you go to Val Habar (Is that what it's called?), the Ace Commander should have a request for you where you'll then get the quest to fight the HR Gore Magala.
Well, he's in Dondruma right now so that's probably not gonna happen. Ah well.

Have you tried speaking to everyone? Sometimes there are perquisite quests that need to be finished first. Also, try talking to the Ace Cadet as well, as he's key to that quest's story.

I also have a question. Regarding guild quests, what happens if I level one up past my current rank? Say, I level a high rank yian garuga quest to the point where it becomes G rank - can I still go on the quest, or does it just stop levelling?
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Diablos


Thank you Points : 29

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:51 am

Guild Quests only have the restriction set upon it at the moment you GOT the quest. So if you got a quest with no HR restrictions, it will stay that way all the way to whatever the Guild Quest Cap is. If you got a quest while being HR1, but it is HR2, then you will never be able to join it until you get to HR2, even if you are High Ranked in solo quests.
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen


Thank you Points : 19

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:16 am

@X Kitsune X wrote:
I also have a question. Regarding guild quests, what happens if I level one up past my current rank? Say, I level a high rank yian garuga quest to the point where it becomes G rank - can I still go on the quest, or does it just stop levelling?

I had a "Hunt a Basarios" quest that required me to be HR 2. I leveled it up to level 31 and it then required me to be HR 5 to post/join it.
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Diablos


Thank you Points : 29

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:19 pm

E&Troy wrote:
@X Kitsune X wrote:
I also have a question. Regarding guild quests, what happens if I level one up past my current rank? Say, I level a high rank yian garuga quest to the point where it becomes G rank - can I still go on the quest, or does it just stop levelling?

I had a "Hunt a Basarios" quest that required me to be HR 2. I leveled it up to level 31 and it then required me to be HR 5 to post/join it.

Well that is odd... None of mine have changed HR requirements... is it possible that ONLY if it had no HR to begin with, will it not level?

Let me try to level some no HR required quests really high and see if they get an HR requirement attached.
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen


Thank you Points : 9

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:01 pm

Anyone knows how to unlock G rank Gold Rajang? I read somewhere you need to slay 80 fanged beasts, dunno if Cogas count or not...
Back to top Go down
http://gbforever.net
E&Troy
Seltas Queen


Thank you Points : 19

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:28 pm

@Sephastus wrote:
E&Troy wrote:
@X Kitsune X wrote:
I also have a question. Regarding guild quests, what happens if I level one up past my current rank? Say, I level a high rank yian garuga quest to the point where it becomes G rank - can I still go on the quest, or does it just stop levelling?

I had a "Hunt a Basarios" quest that required me to be HR 2. I leveled it up to level 31 and it then required me to be HR 5 to post/join it.

Well that is odd... None of mine have changed HR requirements... is it possible that ONLY if it had no HR to begin with, will it not level?

Let me try to level some no HR required quests really high and see if they get an HR requirement attached.

I just got a guild quest that had no requirements starting out, to require me to be HR 4 once I got it to level 31. Sad by vort

EDIT - I just thought of a question.

Is it possible to get a Seasoned Weapon/Armor from mining in high rank expeditions/guild quests? I've never gotten any Seasoned Armors or weapons except in the rewards in high rank guild quests.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis


Thank you Points : 284

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:27 am

Seasoned weapon? The relic weapons and gear? And yes you can get those from mining and as rewards.
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Diablos


Thank you Points : 29

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:50 am

I think he really does mean seasoned. I guess it would depend if seasoned means High Rank, or G Ranked.

As for the Guild Quests. I bow out, and apologize for putting what I read and assumed as fact. I will make sure to fully test whatever responses I put down for accuracy, and not just take what others have said as fact.
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen


Thank you Points : 19

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:02 pm

@dcj91x wrote:
Seasoned weapon? The relic weapons and gear? And yes you can get those from mining and as rewards.

Yeah, I was talking about actual Seasoned Armor/Weapons, Not Battered.

I'm currently only high rank, so I'm not sure what G rank, Super G rank, and Ultra G rank have.

I've gotten Battered Weapons/Armors from mining, but I've never gotten Seasoned ones.

EDIT - Does anyone know how to get that ??? sword that's at Sasnug Island?
Back to top Go down
Tomderdepp
Seltas


Thank you Points : 15

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): EU

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:51 am

Not sure if it was the seasend ones (not playing the english version) but i mined other than battered weapons/armor in expeditions. only know from G-Rank expeditions, never really did any High Rank expeditions.

Also Guild quests level up to HR at level 31 and when they level up also their requirement increase. not sure about the level cap for G-rank though
Back to top Go down
th8827
Cephalos


Thank you Points : 2

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code: 0533-4039-4608
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:54 am

The way that Guild Quests work is that every time that you beat them, they level up.

LV1-30: Low Rank
LV31-85: High Rank
LV86-125: G Rank
LV126-135: G Rank, G3 Permit required
LV136-140: G Rank, if the monster can become an Apex, it might be Apex

Why should you upgrade and run Guild Quests? Because...

True Armor Spheres only come as quest rewards from...

LV81-100: Yian Garuga/Kirin family/Gore Magala/Zinogre family/Tigrex family/Bracchy
LV76-100: Kushala/Shagaru/Teostra/Rajang
Rarity 8 polished Relics traded in Heart

...and Divine Armor Spheres only come as quest rewards from...

LV136-140: Velocidrome/Yian Kut-Ku/Blue Yian Kut-Ku/Basarios/Ruby Basarios
LV126-140: Tigrex family/Zinogre family/Diablos family/Plum Daimyo/Yian Garuga/Gore and Shagaru/Seregios/Bracchy/Kirin family/Kushala/Teostra/Chameleos/Rajang/Deviljho

Source: Gaijinhunter tumblr (I can't post links yet...)

Also, according to the Internet, you need to beat the Cowardly Felyne quest chain to pull the sword out.
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen


Thank you Points : 19

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:12 pm

@th8827 wrote:
The way that Guild Quests work is that every time that you beat them, they level up.

LV1-30: Low Rank
LV31-85: High Rank
LV86-125: G Rank
LV126-135: G Rank, G3 Permit required
LV136-140: G Rank, if the monster can become an Apex, it might be Apex

Why should you upgrade and run Guild Quests? Because...

I would also like to point out that I got a Great Sword from a high rank Guild quest that, when upgraded using Heavy Armor Spheres, had over 1000 raw damage. Plus it had a good amount of blue sharpness, and it had a ton of blue sharpness with Sharpness +1.

So for those of you who use GS, you know that that's a pretty good GS for high rank.

So you can get pretty nice weapons from guild quests, in case you didn't already know. That GS I got also glows neon green. So that's cool.
Back to top Go down
th8827
Cephalos


Thank you Points : 2

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code: 0533-4039-4608
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:12 am

Anyone know the requirements for the Funky Felyne quests?

Someone said that you need an afro for him to give the quests, but female hunters don't have an option for Afro...
Back to top Go down
Firpi
Seltas Queen


Thank you Points : 15

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code: 4441-9127-6618
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:52 am

I meet the funky feline for the first time last night, he just talked about wanting new do's then walked out. Good laugh.
Back to top Go down
th8827
Cephalos


Thank you Points : 2

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code: 0533-4039-4608
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:33 pm

Figured it out. He gave me a quest after I beat the offline Molten Tigrex.
Back to top Go down
Firpi
Seltas Queen


Thank you Points : 15

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code: 4441-9127-6618
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:41 pm

@th8827 wrote:
Figured it out. He gave me a quest after I beat the offline Molten Tigrex.


Good to know. thanks!
Back to top Go down
Firpi
Seltas Queen


Thank you Points : 15

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code: 4441-9127-6618
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:40 pm

Ok so in the past Capture was preferable to kill for rare parts.

Looking at wiki/kiranico, and experience so far, it does not seem to give any better chances. In some cases it looks like wors chances with a cap.

Am I wrong in thinking they have switched up the dynamics so it is not ALWAYS better to capture?
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen


Thank you Points : 19

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:12 pm

@Firpi wrote:
Ok so in the past Capture was preferable to kill for rare parts.

Looking at wiki/kiranico, and experience so far, it does not seem to give any better chances. In some cases it looks like wors chances with a cap.

Am I wrong in thinking they have switched up the dynamics so it is not ALWAYS better to capture?

Even in MH3U, capturing wasn't always preferred over killing. So no, you're not wrong in thinking they changed the dynamics so you don't always want to capture.

They made capturing better for if you're trying to get monster parts like medulla's and stuff like that though for the most part.
Back to top Go down
th8827
Cephalos


Thank you Points : 2

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code: 0533-4039-4608
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:29 pm

Why does Gold Rathian represent the Moon, and Silver Rathalos represent the Sun? The colors seem backwards...

Also, is the Loc Lac+ Armor set in the game, and if so, what unlocks it?
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen


Thank you Points : 19

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:43 pm

Zenith Wyvern Gems. Can I get those from any Apex high rank monsters aside from the one time you get to fight the Apex Seregios? Or do I have to get to G3?
Back to top Go down
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha


Thank you Points : 2

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Spain

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:27 am

E&Troy wrote:
Zenith Wyvern Gems. Can I get those from any Apex high rank monsters aside from the one time you get to fight the Apex Seregios? Or do I have to get to G3?

There are a few Apex monsters in G-Rank. The one I can recall off the bat is Apex Rajang on G1's Desert Seltas - and it spawns about 5 minutes in, in area 5.

I still haven't encountered any other Apex monsters. Hopefully my Aged Text* will reveal one once deciphered.

*Aged Texts are unlocked at G-Special.



What do I have to do to upgrade my G-Special crown?
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/InstaCakes
A Drunk Ninja
Rhenoplos


Thank you Points : 3

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code: 4313-3105-0571
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:49 am

I am doing the 5 start caravan quests currently. I am almost finished with an armor set with sharpness 1 and I plan on using the Gore GS with it. It goes from green to white and has some affinity. The damage should be about the same as my Tetsucabra GS right now but I am looking for a change.

Are there any other low rank great swords that would benefit from sharpness +1? More so than the Gore GS? I can't seem to find any so far.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Today at 6:59 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
 Similar topics
-
» MH Tri Ultimate Question Thread
» Monster Hunter Ultimate loading speed - Important to know before you buy
» Monster Hunter Ultimate 3 Demo Gameplay New Weapons! 1080p (Commentary) =)
» Monster Hunter U Q&A thread
» Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - Nintendo WII U - Gamepad / Pro / Classic controller - Thoughts - With Commentary

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monster Hunter Wiki Forum :: Nintendo :: 3DS :: Monster Hunter 4/MH4Ultimate-
Jump to: