Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 3 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 3 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread

Go down 
+26
Ryuuji
Ken Kurobasa
XenonFrost
TKMT
Ataraxia
Jojozityjo
Crystalis
kama
Samochan
A Drunk Ninja
th8827
Tomderdepp
dcj91x
Antari18
Lagiacrus the ultimate
Baumgart5
X Kitsune X
Shindouz
PAiN---
InstaCakes
Raptor98
yvz
Firpi
Phazon Xenomorph
Sephastus
E&Troy
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

Thank you Points : 19

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 3:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

I didn't see one of these threads yet so I decided to start one.

To start it off, does anyone know how to unlock all of the 6* Caravan quests? I want to fight the high rank Gore without doing the Gathering Hall quests.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

Thank you Points : 97

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 8:10 am

InstaCakes wrote:

There are a few Apex monsters in G-Rank. The one I can recall off the bat is Apex Rajang on G1's Desert Seltas - and it spawns about 5 minutes in, in area 5.

I still haven't encountered any other Apex monsters. Hopefully my Aged Text* will reveal one once deciphered.

*Aged Texts are unlocked at G-Special.

What do I have to do to upgrade my G-Special crown?

To upgrade your G crown, you get the Silver crown once you decipher 6 aged texts, and the gold one will be when you decipher them all.

Also yes, there are a few Apex Monsters within the texts. Keep in mind if you are looking for Zenith Large gems both Rajang and Jho have a 90% chance to award one when killed, which is the best bet vs other apex's.
Back to top Go down
Samochan
Seltas Queen
Samochan

Thank you Points : 37

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 12:19 pm

Soo... I want my wystones. But what do I need to do in order to unlock them? I just did nerscylla hunt-a-ton and that did something but... guess I'll go hunt that monoblos now.
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 7:03 pm

Samochan wrote:
Soo... I want my wystones. But what do I need to do in order to unlock them? I just did nerscylla hunt-a-ton and that did something but... guess I'll go hunt that monoblos now.

For offline to get Wystone Brace and Force (the first two you'll get) continue the online story normally (key quests), this will get you level 1 for all Wystones, finish the story and you'll get level 2 for Wystones.

As for the rarer Drive and Element Wystones to hunt Apex monsters, online there will be quests in G1, G2, and G3, for "The Professor" as a client. Do them all, this will get you Drive and Element, as well as let you have two Wystones for your quests.

I believe Gaijin Hunter on his Youtube recently made a guide explaining how to complete the Wyceum if you need more help.
Back to top Go down
th8827
Cephalos
th8827

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code: 0533-4039-4608
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 10:16 pm

What's this about Aged Texts? I have not found any yet...
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 10:46 pm

th8827 wrote:
What's this about Aged Texts? I have not found any yet...

If you have not done your G3 Urgent to G crown content then no you won't have any yet.
Back to top Go down
Samochan
Seltas Queen
Samochan

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 11:08 pm

Phazon Xenomorph wrote:
Samochan wrote:

For offline to get Wystone Brace and Force (the first two you'll get) continue the online story normally (key quests), this will get you level 1 for all Wystones, finish the story and you'll get level 2 for Wystones.

As for the rarer Drive and Element Wystones to hunt Apex monsters, online there will be quests in G1, G2, and G3, for "The Professor" as a client. Do them all, this will get you Drive and Element, as well as let you have two Wystones for your quests.

I believe Gaijin Hunter on his Youtube recently made a guide explaining how to complete the Wyceum if you need more help.

Online story? Do you mean offline single player or something gathering hall/elder hall quests ive missed? I've done quite many of the quests on my way and just finished all offline low rank ones sans caravaners challenge. I guess ill continue the high rank ones and see what I get.
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 11:55 pm

Samochan wrote:
Phazon Xenomorph wrote:
Samochan wrote:

Online story? Do you mean offline single player or something gathering hall/elder hall quests ive missed? I've done quite many of the quests on my way and just finished all offline low rank ones sans caravaners challenge. I guess ill continue the high rank ones and see what I get.

No, High rank offline content will give you the level 1 and 2 Wystones for Force and Brace. Do all the key quests to get to them. Online g rank content has quests in every g level from "The Professor" that will unlock villager requests and those will give you the Drive / Element Wystones and let you bring a second one on your quests.
Back to top Go down
kama
Seltas Queen
kama

Thank you Points : 14

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 2:27 am

Anyone know what to gem in EX Los armor set. I dont have brutality dec yet since im still hr7 and but pretty much near finish caravan quest.

Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 8:43 pm

kama wrote:
Anyone know what to gem in EX Los armor set. I dont have brutality  dec yet since im still hr7 and but pretty much near finish caravan quest.

Unfortunately, you won't ever be able to make Brutality Jewels. To get that skill, you'd have to have a talisman that does some to it.

As for what to gem in, it will depend on what weapon types you use.  If you want to gem out Stamina Rec. Down, you'll still have 5 slots + weapon slots (If any) and your talisman open.

You could go for Evasion +1, although having a Stamina Rec. +3 Jewel will subtract 1 from Evasion. So you'd need an Evasion +6 talisman or higher to get that skill.

EDIT - Is Normal Shot any good when shot from a HBG? Reason I'm asking is because I just got a Normal Up +4, Attack +11, O talisman and I feel like I could make a good set out of it.
I also have the Monodevilblaster (Or whatever the Monoblos HBG is called when it's fully upgraded.).
Back to top Go down
kama
Seltas Queen
kama

Thank you Points : 14

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2015 1:17 pm

Unfortunately, you won't ever be able to make Brutality Jewels. To get that skill, you'd have to have a talisman that does some to it.

Thanks for the reply troy. It is unfortunate to hear. Thanks to you I manage to gemmed in evasion+1 or turn the set into a gathering set lol.

the only thing i can imagine is use your tali with sergios LBG for its normal 2 shots.
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

Thank you Points : 32

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2015 1:21 pm

There are other ways to get Brutality before G... but you will have to give up on some other skills. Find a piece that doesn't have brutality, or that has only 1, and do Guild Quests, and expeditions until you find one piece with brutality +2 or Brutality +3 on it.

It will take some time, but if you keep it up, you will have that skill.
Back to top Go down
Samochan
Seltas Queen
Samochan

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2015 9:32 pm

So I did adv: Icy investigations which according to Kira, is pre-reg for shagaru magala advanced g rank quest... but I've been reseting for it like 20 minutes and it just doesnt show up. What gives? Is there something I'm missing? Hell I got my bronze crown urgent up, same pre-reg.
Back to top Go down
Crystalis
Najarala
Crystalis

Thank you Points : 26

3DS friends code: 3909-8402-8213

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2015 9:55 pm

Resetting won't change your quests, it'll give you the same Advanced quest list every time until you complete something.
Back to top Go down
Samochan
Seltas Queen
Samochan

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2015 12:08 pm

Crystalis wrote:
Resetting won't change your quests, it'll give you the same Advanced quest list every time until you complete something.

Well reseting certainly shuffles the advanced quests around.

But it would be nice to know what is that I actually have to complete anyway. The only quest I haven't done aside from gogmazios of the available advanced quests for me is the second chameleos advanced which has to be done without items. And yet Kira tells me pre-requisities to open Heaven's wheel shagaru magala quest is the ukanlos quest, which I have done but shagaru magala is not open, hence the confusion. So I was wondering if anyone here knew what other things must I do to open heaven's wheel, such as do I have to do gogmazios urgent or second chameleos for it to unlock as well.
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 6:18 pm

Are "Sage" talismans something? Or are they just translations of a Creator talisman or Legend talisman?
Back to top Go down
th8827
Cephalos
th8827

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 8:30 pm

Which Arena match gives Ace Hunter Coins?
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 9:15 pm

th8827 wrote:
Which Arena match gives Ace Hunter Coins?

The Rathian and Rathalos arena quest (I think both of them are the subspecies versions, but I can't remember.).
Back to top Go down
Crystalis
Najarala
Crystalis

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 9:20 pm

E&Troy wrote:
Are "Sage" talismans something? Or are they just translations of a Creator talisman or Legend talisman?

Creator talismans, Sage talismans, and Miracle talismans are all just Rare10 talismans, they just have different names. Dunno why three of them exist. Legend talisman is Rare9.
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 9:36 pm

Crystalis wrote:
E&Troy wrote:

Creator talismans, Sage talismans, and Miracle talismans are all just Rare10 talismans, they just have different names. Dunno why three of them exist. Legend talisman is Rare9.

Ahh, okay. So can you only get Sage and Miracle talismans from Guild Quests that are level 126 and above?
Back to top Go down
Crystalis
Najarala
Crystalis

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 9:47 pm

I've got no proof, but it's likely.
Back to top Go down
Jojozityjo
Fatalis
Jojozityjo

Thank you Points : 160

3DS friends code: 3754-8725-9197

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2015 3:51 pm

ive got what might be a technical problem..

for the past few days, me and this one friend have hunted together, helping them along. We've noticed, she gets 1 shot by almost anything. We'vechecked, and checked, and checked, even tested, she has almost 300 def in high rank, which is a lil more than i had when going through high rank and yet when i get hit by, anything really, i never got 1 shot, ever, but she is always getting 1 shot, by any monster really, except the weak ones like jaggi or kecha wacha.

Checked health, resistance, tried gunner vs blade armor, even when im packing only about 200 def, i still dont get 1 shot by the exact same atk she does. The only thing that made a difference, was when she stopped using kinsect and used chade, only then did she stopped getting 1 shot by everything.

so can anyone tell me, what is going on with her? o.0
Back to top Go down
th8827
Cephalos
th8827

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2015 4:13 pm

Is she getting hit by an elemental attack that she is weak to and you are resistant to?

Also, are you using food buffs that increase defense, and she is not?

Maybe an armor skill that raises defense for you or lowers defense for her?

Maybe one of you have a weapon with bonus defense, and the other does not?

Is she getting hit with the attack in rage mode, when you are getting hit in regular/fatigued mode?

Try going in wearing the same armor upgraded to the same level, with the same weapon, and getting hit by the same attack.

...I remember doing the offline Frenzied Brachy quest. The first time, he pretty much one-shot me (not through a attack when I was already slimed). The second time, he barely took off 25% of my health with the same attack. I did not change anything with my build. So, maybe she has bad luck in fighting the strong versions of monsters. ...Although, if you are fighting it at the same time, that might not be the case. Try changing who is hosting the room, to see if lag might be the problem.

On another note, where can I get Armor Stones?

Back to top Go down
Jojozityjo
Fatalis
Jojozityjo

Thank you Points : 160

3DS friends code: 3754-8725-9197

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2015 3:50 pm

Is she getting hit by an elemental attack that she is weak to and you are resistant to?
no, any time we fight something she is elementally weak to, she gets the foodie skill to cancel it. We've tested it on elements we are both the same to, and even non-elemental atks.

Also, are you using food buffs that increase defense, and she is not?
she always gets the defensive food buffs, like thundercaller, firestarter, defense up, while i get stuff like explorer, moxie, combiner, etc

Maybe an armor skill that raises defense for you or lowers defense for her?
we dont have armor that ups defense, though she wants to change armor after all the testing, get something with defensive stats, like tetsucabra or brachy

Maybe one of you have a weapon with bonus defense, and the other does not?
she uses kinsect all the time, none of hers have defense. I used defense weapons sometimes, but hardly, even wheni dont, im still taking hits just fine.

Is she getting hit with the attack in rage mode, when you are getting hit in regular/fatigued mode?
we thought about that, and it's pretty much any time the monster isnt fatigued, she gets 1 shot

and ive tried going in with similar armor and the kinsect, tried that on brachy, and while brachy does feel like it messes kinsect up, a lot, i still wasnt getting one shot like her. Om related note, whenever she used a different weapon class, like Chade, she was taking hits much better, never even died, same armor, no def from weapon, just took hits better while using Chade
Back to top Go down
th8827
Cephalos
th8827

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2015 4:14 pm

More ideas.

Did your friend upgrade the defense of her armor with Armor Spheres as far as it goes?

Is your friend's armor proper level for the monsters you are fighting? Is she using "early game" HR armor, such as Jaggi S or Velocidrome S armor, for "late game" HR monsters, such as Stygian Zinogre or Brachydios? (Switch out the letters/rank for whatever rank you are at).

Or, even worse, is she wearing Low Rank armor for High Rank quests, or High Rank armor for G Rank quests. (Probably not, but it never hurts to ask) I got instantly murdered by a G Rank Deviljho that randomly appeared in a Expedition while wearing heavily upgraded Tigrex U armor, so I can say that armor rank is important, if only because the higher base defense means a higher max defense.

Finally, are you fighting Brachydios, or another monster that gives Blastblight, like Molten Tigrex, Teostra, or a Congalala that ate a fire item? Getting hit when Blastblighted does disproportionally massive damage compared to getting hit when not Blastblighted.

Now, can anyone tell me where to get Armor Stones and/or True Armor Spheres?
Back to top Go down
Firpi
Seltas Queen
Firpi

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2015 10:07 am

Can someone tell me what HR you need to be before you can do High Rank Guild quests? I cant find that info anywhere.

I am HR5 right now and 10 Quest lvl Village. Got a level 31 Kirin I want to farm but cant touch it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread
Page 3 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next